Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

Curling Scores

Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 11 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-20-21 09:00PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Hitting Paint

Getting hammer in the 1st end at this level is important. Why does TSN never show the draw to the button? I realize they don't like change at TSN and showing the button draw would cut into the show they have been doing for 25 years but it's a big deal, it\s part of the actual game and it should be shown.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-20-21 09:14PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
Getting hammer in the 1st end at this level is important. Why does TSN never show the draw to the button? I realize they don't like change at TSN and showing the button draw would cut into the show they have been doing for 25 years but it's a big deal, it\s part of the actual game and it should be shown.

All they need to do is cut the 5 minute pregame schtick to 4, and show the draw the button for both teams. Do we really need to see the overhead shot of the arena before every draw? I think not. For the TSN suggestion box, make it a sponsored draw to the button. The Cashmere draw to the button. 1 less minute of drivel, 1 more minute of paid sponsor time. Wiping out the competition! Win win.

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 02-20-21 at 09:18PM

02-20-21 11:02PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Jones hasn't been knocked silly like that in a long time - even when she plays her #1 nemesis, Rachel Homan.

JJ was pretty much out of sorts from the get-go, out-curled at all positions except Lisa Weagle holding up a slightly better percentage than K. McCuish.

Fyfe overwhelmed Peterman and The Rabbit held off Kaitlyn.

Jones was absolutely destroyed by CC Carey. Carey putting up a nifty 92% while the scoring team was kind to JJ, putting her in at a putrid 47%.

This version of Jones isn't the one we're used to. But who's gonna write a 6-time champion off this early in the event?

Although its obvious Jones may no longer be able to hang in there with event favorites R. Homan, K Einarson, C Carey. After those 3, perhaps Jones can wendle her way into 1-shot playoffs???

02-21-21 08:42AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

I think the ice got to the team. With tricky ice, sometimes it’s good to keep things simple. Jocelyn had a horrible night as well.

02-21-21 09:07AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
I think the ice got to the team. With tricky ice, sometimes it’s good to keep things simple. Jocelyn had a horrible night as well.

I think if competitors have scouted out the Jones team thoroughly they'd identify Peterman as the #1 weakness - and pounce on her!

Towards the end of the Carey game, Kaitlyn wanted nothing to do with JJ on the T - she just planted herself in the hack and told JJ "Whatever U Want".

JJ is now far too reliant on hero shots (herself or Lawes) and can't justify bailing.

That said, she should be able to slither by event fawns and make her way into early playoffs before the better teams expose all her weaknesses.

Even if she & Joss were 20% better - Chelsea still blows them out the door!

Must have been so satisfying for Selena Rabbit, Fyfe & McCuish to bully Jones into submission - after all those years JJ tormented them.

02-21-21 09:20AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

2 thoughts...do you think Team Fleury will bring Carey on as a 5th?

I feel Kaitlyn is marking time until the trials are done. Then she’ll go elsewhere.

02-21-21 10:53AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
2 thoughts...do you think Team Fleury will bring Carey on as a 5th?

I feel Kaitlyn is marking time until the trials are done. Then she’ll go elsewhere.

Team Fleury was going to ask her to come on as a 5th and she agreed. Then Tracey decided to remain home to care for her young daughter so the ask was elevated to skipping. Carey would have done either - according to Chelsea herself. If they manage to get by Homan and/or Einarson (the primary obstacles) I suspect they'd ask Chelsea to be their 5th at worlds - IF THERE IS A WORLDS!

02-21-21 10:59AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:

As we've already speculated Kaitlyn is under a firm contract to play with Jones thru the Olympic Trials, prolly to the end of that particular season, too!

Its pretty obvious Kaitlyn is biding her time as she sees Father Time grasping the good skip Jennifer.

JJ has qualified for the Trials but she'll be hard-pressed to stave off the pelting teams like Einarson, Homan & Carey, even Schiedegger will provide.

But I think most personnel Kaitlyn would want to play with are already committed to their own Oly trial teams. I don't think Rachel is gonna let go of Courtney, Emma & Wilkes.

However, if Kaitlyn did manage to secure her freedom from JJ well before the Trials - she could prolly cobble together a team that would have a decent chance to secure a remaining trials berth.

02-21-21 11:12AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Although I'm somewhat outraged TSN didn't designate the Einarson vs Peterson match as their feature I fully understand why.

Laura Walker is a crowd favorite and one of the most beloved curlers in our country . . . same with her lead Rachel Brown. Northern Ontario's replacement squad might not get another shot at TV so Ms. Burns had to get the early coverage.

But I can assure everyone Einarson vs. Peterson will be a far more outstanding match than what they're showing!

02-21-21 01:13PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Jones hasn't been knocked silly like that in a long time

Yes it was the worst game she's played in a long time. But that's probably all it is. The announcers were falling over themselves trying to explain it away--at one point they were claiming that Jones needs a crowd to feed off--and they ignored the simplest explanation. She's older, hasn't played much at all this year and it may take a little longer to get in a groove physically. I expect all teams this week to have a stinker or two as no one has played enough to be consistent.

02-21-21 03:52PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

While I would love to see QC win, PE is way to experienced to let this happen. However ML has a new glamour girl with Laurie St. George

Last edited by curlerbroad on 02-21-21 at 04:00PM

02-21-21 07:45PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Under normal circumstances Homan & Co. would perhaps be a prohibitive favorite.

But to ask this team to overcome two very solid Manitoba teams as well survive an extremely demanding schedule, when the Skip is eight months pregnant*, is probably beyond their reach.

On that basis I see the Scotties champion of 2016 and 2019 adding a notch to her curling broom on the 28th.

* Is there any other "Sport" in the world, with exception of Archery, that one could possibly be competitive in the 8th month?

02-21-21 08:16PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

golf?.

i dont really know what the hell happened to PEI. there. up 6-2 playing 9 and they give up 6 unanswered points. thats petty special

02-21-21 08:18PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
Under normal circumstances Homan & Co. would perhaps be a prohibitive favorite.

But to ask this team to overcome two very solid Manitoba teams as well survive an extremely demanding schedule, when the Skip is eight months pregnant*, is probably beyond their reach.

On that basis I see the Scotties champion of 2016 and 2019 adding a notch to her curling broom on the 28th.

* Is there any other "Sport" in the world, with exception of Archery, that one could possibly be competitive in the 8th month?

1. Shuffleboard
2. Darts
3. Rowing (captain)
4. Pinball
5. Bingo

02-21-21 09:15PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
golf?.

i dont really know what the hell happened to PEI. there. up 6-2 playing 9 and they give up 6 unanswered points. thats petty special

That was a car crash...PEI collectively lost focus in the 9th. I hope they have a good discussion about this. However, she got her first 2 wins by a bit of luck. Cant have that in every game.

02-21-21 10:16PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Ferbey looking good in his Tim Horton's uniform. "Can I interest you in our latest dark roast?"

02-21-21 10:28PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Ferbey looking good in his Tim Horton's uniform. "Can I interest you in our latest dark roast?" [/QUOTE

the saskatchewan win definitely was luck. the new brunswick one though?. they dominated that game]

02-21-21 10:38PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Ferbey looking good in his Tim Horton's uniform. "Can I interest you in our latest dark roast?" [/QUOTE

the saskatchewan win definitely was luck. the new brunswick one though?. they dominated that game]

?? What? Quote the wrong comment?

02-21-21 10:40PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Kate Cameron is gonna cost Laura Walker her match w/ Rachel Homan.

Why does Cameron tend to crack in big games?
She's supremely intense but the intensity often ends in half-shots & near-misses!

02-21-21 10:51PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

?? What? Quote the wrong comment?

lol, yeah. sorry about that. meant to quote curlerbroad above yours

02-21-21 10:52PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

yukon has been outscored 41-12 in 4 draws here. thats just not funny

02-21-21 10:56PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:

lol, yeah. sorry about that. meant to quote curlerbroad above yours

HA. Can you imagine pulling up to the window with Ferbey passing out the coffee....that could be the next Tim's commercial.

Tim's? Hear that?

02-21-21 11:09PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Or even better, just during curling season, let Ferbey drive the zambozi at the drive through with Sid and Nate holding curling brooms, and have the Tim's employees go gaga over Ferbey instead the NHL stars. Funny AND big with the over 50 crowd that watches curling. Gold.

02-21-21 11:20PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

From coffee talk to curling . . .

One thing I've observed (keen powers of observation) is that Little Laura Walker no longer fears Rachel Homan as a big, bad monster - like most opposing skips do.

She's matching Rachel shot for shot - not a particularly hi-percentage game but obviously the best TV match thus far.

Should go down to last brick; maybe an extra end . . . ! ! !

Last edited by Manitoba Legend on 02-22-21 at 12:06AM

02-21-21 11:30PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Coffee Talk, SNL Mike Myers. Her draw to the button was like buttah