Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 3 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-24-20 08:12PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Covid - 19

Given that we could and probably are on the brink of a Global Pandemic, and today's financial markets are strongly supporting that possibility, what plans are in place to ensure that those who will be coming from around the world, particularly those from China, Japan, South Korea and Italy will be virus free upon arrival?

And what about Prince George itself which has and is currently experiencing far more than its fair share of COVID - 19 medical instances to date? Has anybody in authority given some thought as to whether or not this is still an appropriate site?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-24-20 10:02PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

No handshakes, lots of hand washing and they’d better have spares. Too late to change locations now.

02-25-20 10:34AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

That is an incomplete and naive response to Deliverer's concern.

Washing hands and bringing a spare player?

My opinion is that if the spread continues we will be seeing cancellations of world events such as this and travel will be severely limited. A vaccine has been sent for approval, but unless this is a success we can kiss goodbye to Curling Worlds and perhaps the Olympics and my 401(k).

Last edited by biterbar on 02-25-20 at 11:28AM

02-25-20 01:37PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Re: Covid - 19

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
Given that we could and probably are on the brink of a Global Pandemic, and today's financial markets are strongly supporting that possibility, what plans are in place to ensure that those who will be coming from around the world, particularly those from China, Japan, South Korea and Italy will be virus free upon arrival?

And what about Prince George itself which has and is currently experiencing far more than its fair share of COVID - 19 medical instances to date? Has anybody in authority given some thought as to whether or not this is still an appropriate site?

Are there incidents of covid 19 in Prince George? News to me.

02-26-20 09:06AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Based on what is known to date, it would be prudent for anybody who is planning to attend some "people" event in the near future to think twice, especially if they are elderly.

Despite the fact that Trump recently promised the world that a vaccine is "very close", the lead pharmaceutical research company in the USA has indicated they might have a vaccine that can be tested on Animals only in one or two month's time. Should that prove to be successful, they would then be approved to conduct Phase One and Phase Two testing on humans. To put things in perspective, during the Sars outbreak, it took nearly two years before any vaccine was actually used on humans.

02-26-20 12:45PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Re: Covid - 19

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
[B

And what about Prince George itself which has and is currently experiencing far more than its fair share of COVID - 19 medical instances to date?

This is the part of your post I don't understand. Nearest instance is over 600 km. away. Where do you get these instances?

02-26-20 05:25PM
Deliverer
Swing Artist

ALEX

Knowing that the World Curling Championship will be held in Prince George next month, I googled that city last week.

At that time I read on their website that three or four active Covit - 19 cases in various stages existed there. Today I googled it again and this time - to my surprise - all references to that virus had been removed!

Currently, there are 11 cases in Canada, four in Ontario and seven in B.C. It would appear that neither province is now prepared ,however, to divulge where, at least to the general public.

Take a look at PRINCEGEORGEMATTERS.COM. "B.C. health officials have not been forthcoming with details where people afflicted with COVID - 19 live."

The B.C. Chief Medical Health Officer is Dr. Bonnie Henry. I would suggest you contact her office at (250) 952 1330, explain to them why you are concerned and ask them for an updated status on Prince George.

Good luck, and plse. let me know how you make out.

02-26-20 07:11PM
alex
Swing Artist

I am not concerned. We are only and hour and a half from PG. so can easily wait until closer time to decide when or if to go. Haven't heard any concerns in our area of Covid but always possible.

02-27-20 06:11PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

There are various drug trials going on as we speak (China) using several types of anti-viral medications which prevents virus replication (AIDS drugs being some of the most notable).

Israeli scientists have been working on a chicken vaccine for a virus which is similar to COVD19. Scientists are confident that with a few modifications a human vaccine can be completed in short time. They're planning human trials within a few weeks.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...ccine-few-weeks

Last edited by AK267 on 02-27-20 at 06:16PM

02-27-20 07:55PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Not going to sell this short, as it is serious like the flu is every year.
But Curlerbroad said it. Wash your hands frequently and get the damn vaccine if it becomes available. (Kicking my tail for not following Drs orders and getting the pneumonia shot.) IF YOU GET SICK STAY THE HELL HOME.
And while you are sick at home in bed try to find the South Park SARS episode for a little perspective.

02-28-20 08:28AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Excellent post Fresca. This is like a bad flu, cases in North America are small why? Well China is China. Italy was going through a bad time before this hit.

Keep enjoying life but do what you should be doing...glad I got my flu shot despite people saying it doesn’t work.

02-28-20 11:29AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Worlds events are still a-go. Really the best thing to do is just to wash your hands, avoid contact with sick people, etc. People already died in my city of the flu and so have 16,000 in the US since October.

https://worldcurling.org/2020/02/co...kUfyw0KIRQIcMGU (same applies to Women's worlds;

Last edited by MeaghanEdwards on 02-28-20 at 12:23PM

02-28-20 07:25PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Silly ASSumption. I absolutely detest Drumpf, as a matter of fact. If I had to chose between saving my pets in a house fire, or a fascist, racist dictator and his pet that calle his wife "Mother" or any of the Canadian counterparts, my dogs will be having a nice steak whilst I watch the roaring game.

I'm a dog groomer, as a matter of fact.

Last edited by MeaghanEdwards on 02-28-20 at 07:27PM

02-29-20 01:13PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Silly ASSumption. I absolutely detest Drumpf, as a matter of fact. If I had to chose between saving my pets in a house fire, or a fascist, racist dictator and his pet that calle his wife "Mother" or any of the Canadian counterparts, my dogs will be having a nice steak whilst I watch the roaring game.

I'm a dog groomer, as a matter of fact.

My wife is a groomer.
One of the most intelligent people I know.
Totally agree about Mango Moron.
Don't y'all worry about Corona Virus.
Trump supporter and ex con Jim Bakker has a new magical, blessed liquid that kills the virus and for a paltry 'donation' of 300 USD he will send it to you.

Ladies and gents...
The United States Of America.
It's all a grift.
It's all a scam.

02-29-20 04:32PM
BDure is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BDure Click here to Send BDure a Private Message Visit BDure's homepage! Find more posts by BDure Add BDure to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BDure
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by dinorock2005
Not going to sell this short, as it is serious like the flu is every year.
But Curlerbroad said it. Wash your hands frequently and get the damn vaccine if it becomes available. (Kicking my tail for not following Drs orders and getting the pneumonia shot.) IF YOU GET SICK STAY THE HELL HOME.
And while you are sick at home in bed try to find the South Park SARS episode for a little perspective.

I've got my chicken soup, Nyquil and Sprite ready to go.

(Well, ginger ale.)

02-29-20 07:10PM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Dino & Fresca might like this:

Ain't it interesting that Scump appoints his white zombie & anal tenant Mike Pence as the so-called Coronavirus Czar and then proceeds to order Pence to stand by him at various "Get-Paid-to-Attend" Scump rallies?

Also, when information about the virus needs to be made public - neither the Czar (Pence) or the lead doctor (Azar) are trotted out to the podium. Instead, America (and the world) get another infectious dose of the Mango Moron, Donald J Scump ???

It can all be just be prayed away, according to Pencey.

02-29-20 10:01PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Ak267

I have read zh for 10 years

Its run by two russians

90% propaganda influenced by putin favoring trump with 95% wacko posters

Trump is incompetent on this - fired the pandemic squad 2 years ago and didnt replace them

Anyone that isnt careful may find themselves in big trouble

My grandmother died at 25 in 1920 spanish flu that was carried across canada by returning soldiers on railroad heading west. - she lived in a town 45 m ne of regina - population 6

WESTJET FLIGHT VANC TO WPG LANDED AT 2;30 this afternoon and someone returning from china was taken off by paramedics in hazmat gear

- the other 135 passengers were not quarantined - but they sat on runway for 2 hours after landing

Getting very scary

Israel Vaccine also reported on....

SFGate
JPost
NYPost
NewsWeek

Yeah...all Russian bots.

You did read the article...right?

I tried to give a little bit of good news and you got all dark about dead grandmothers and Trump. What next? Captain Trips?

Last edited by AK267 on 02-29-20 at 10:32PM

03-08-20 10:46PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

the womens world hockey championship was cancelled in nova scotia

indian wells tennis event was just cancelled and miami is likely to be

world indoor athletic championship cancelled

alpine skiing and biathlon races have been cancelled

nothing in curlng has been cancelled so far and the womens worlds next week may still go on but it may only be a matter of time before curling sees an event cancelled too. and who knows it could very well be the womens worlds.

03-08-20 11:04PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

It could still go ahead but either as a closed event (no fans in the stands) or the athletes won’t be mingling with the crowds.

03-08-20 11:12PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
It could still go ahead but either as a closed event (no fans in the stands) or the athletes won’t be mingling with the crowds.

the thing is if you asked any top level athlete if they wanted to compete at a world championship with empty stands they'll tell you no. so if they went that route i wouldnt be surprised if teams simply opted out of playing it all together. a lot of international teams love playing in canada for the atmosphere. if thats not there they might not come

03-08-20 11:31PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

the thing is if you asked any top level athlete if they wanted to compete at a world championship with empty stands they'll tell you no. so if they went that route i wouldnt be surprised if teams simply opted out of playing it all together. a lot of international teams love playing in canada for the atmosphere. if thats not there they might not come

You're not wrong, however you are mistaken. Most teams that qualified want to compete. Yes it's a huge deal with the "possible" virus, ALL the teams will take the necessary precautions. Gloves, hand washing, etc. Not to downplay this,, but ultimate panic mode is worse. What if? It's all about what if. How about, plan ahead. Very disappointed wwhc cancelled.

03-09-20 12:05AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

You're not wrong, however you are mistaken. Most teams that qualified want to compete. Yes it's a huge deal with the "possible" virus, ALL the teams will take the necessary precautions. Gloves, hand washing, etc. Not to downplay this,, but ultimate panic mode is worse. What if? It's all about what if. How about, plan ahead. Very disappointed wwhc cancelled.

i know they want to compete. what i was saying was if you told them the event was going on but there would be no fans in the stands at all how many of them do you think would want to compete in that?.

03-09-20 01:04AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

i know they want to compete. what i was saying was if you told them the event was going on but there would be no fans in the stands at all how many of them do you think would want to compete in that?.

You must mean any event outside of Canada. Any where in Europe other than Scotland it's 50 people in the stands tops that includes families. Elsewhere it's less. The trams that qualified want to compete. If the virus gets worse, shut it down no questions asked.

03-09-20 04:49PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Looks like Italy is on lock down. I don't know if the women's team has already left for Canada. I know the men's team is in Scotland and is planning to stay there until the end of Worlds.

03-09-20 05:39PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC
Looks like Italy is on lock down. I don't know if the women's team has already left for Canada. I know the men's team is in Scotland and is planning to stay there until the end of Worlds.

If they haven’t left by now, they won’t make it. China is in Europe and has been since December. Not sure about other covid-19 hotspots like South Korea & Japan.