Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
ProCurlingWear - Create Your Design
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
Prince edward island news

Robyn Macphee gets out of the province . they'll get their share of wins at the scotties, i think

Did I see correctly that there were only 4 teams in the PEI Scotties? That's pretty sad, if so.

Happy for Robyn MacPhee though!

EDIT: Also, only 4 teams in the N.Ont Scotties??

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-23-17 01:05PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

Well a few of your favourites are back or in contention: Marla Mallet who you loved when she was last at the Scotties. But should she come up against an opponent who likes to mix it up, she could be in trouble as she does play rather defensively.

If I remember correctly, her style of play was strongly criticized at the 2009 Scotties. I think Jennifer Jones, for example, took some serious shots at it during that tournament. Took her all the way to the final though.

Has it changed since then, or does she still hit everything?

Old Post 01-23-17 01:09PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi

If I remember correctly, her style of play was strongly criticized at the 2009 Scotties. I think Jennifer Jones, for example, took some serious shots at it during that tournament. Took her all the way to the final though.

Has it changed since then, or does she still hit everything?

She still plays rather conservatively, I wouldn't say she hits everything.

Old Post 01-23-17 01:25PM
misty1 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:

She still plays rather conservatively, I wouldn't say she hits everything.

I have Shaw as we have satellite so I got to watch the final until of course Victoria came on PBS! Yes, Marla would rather hit than draw, fortunately the other team missed a few draws which gave Marla the win.

Old Post 01-23-17 01:35PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

middaugh is one of the very few teams out there right now with a positive H2H record against rachel. [/B][/QUOTE]

Close to 50:50 in the head to head:

http://www.curlingzone.com/game.php...owgameid=175140

Old Post 01-23-17 01:53PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Swing Artist

NS Tankard and Scotties

Link to online streaming for both starts Tuesday morning.

http://player.communitylive.ca/Player/GetEvent/3128

Or live TV on Bell community one TV.

Bell is the same online cover as the Mayflower spiel last fall. Good quality video and a few local commentators.

Old Post 01-23-17 09:48PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Click here to Send IN-OFF-FOR-2 a Private Message Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by ott-am
middaugh is one of the very few teams out there right now with a positive H2H record against rachel.

Close to 50:50 in the head to head:

http://www.curlingzone.com/game.php...owgameid=175140 [/B][/QUOTE]

Art - thanx for the stat

btw - does Team H have a coach yet? Suggest J Hanna? Tough as nails and knows the girls inside-out!

Old Post 01-23-17 10:50PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Super Rockchucker

pretty massive upset in alberta with geri-lynn ramsay taking out val sweeting . val and casey both down to b, which means one of them will have to go through the C road..or both will

the combo of heather and shannon has won her 2 games meanwhile and will play ramsay in the A final tonight. pretty sure thats an A final no one saw coming.

I hope shannon win it. would give her 2 chances at making the final and then you never know what can happen in a final

Old Post 01-26-17 08:54PM
misty1 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
pretty massive upset in alberta with geri-lynn ramsay taking out val sweeting . val and casey both down to b, which means one of them will have to go through the C road..or both will

the combo of heather and shannon has won her 2 games meanwhile and will play ramsay in the A final tonight. pretty sure thats an A final no one saw coming.

I hope shannon win it. would give her 2 chances at making the final and then you never know what can happen in a final

I have a great deal of affection for G.L. Ramsey - another one of Jennifer's victims during her torrid 10 year run. Still remember how JJ was down 5-2 to G.L. & Erin (PEI) and managed to rally in the 2nd half of the game to get gold.

History! Funny little concept!

As far as Sweeting is concerned she's got far too strong a rink to go 3 and out. I suspect we'll see her (and probably Schiedegger on the weekend confronting either G.L. or Shannon.

Old Post 01-26-17 09:57PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Super Rockchucker

Thanks to a massive steal it f 3 in the 8th end kleibrink won the A final.

think heather kipped that game. i know shannon skipped game 2 and heather skipped game 1.

Last edited by misty1 on 01-27-17 at 09:26AM

Old Post 01-27-17 06:58AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Thanks to a massive steal it f 3 in the 8th end kleibrink won the A final.

think heather kipped that game. i know shannon skipped game 2 and heather skipped game 1.

So Heather is the 5th?
Or Shannon is ailing (she's late 40s isn't she?) and they called Heather up?

Either way pretty exciting for Alberta curling to have Heather Nedohin back in the mix!

Looks like Casey is still a year away from sustaining her hi-level play at provincials. Still could figure into the playoff mix.

I suspect the mix will include Team Kleibrink (obviously they won A-side), Val, Casey & probably G.L. (unless G.L. goes out in a quick blaze)

Old Post 01-27-17 09:32AM
misty1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

So Heather is the 5th?
Or Shannon is ailing (she's late 40s isn't she?) and they called Heather up?

Either way pretty exciting for Alberta curling to have Heather Nedohin back in the mix!

Looks like Casey is still a year away from sustaining her hi-level play at provincials. Still could figure into the playoff mix.

I suspect the mix will include Team Kleibrink (obviously they won A-side), Val, Casey & probably G.L. (unless G.L. goes out in a quick blaze)

yep, heather is the 5th. shannon has a bad back so heather steps in and skips when shannon needs her too. i know fur sure that heather skipped game one and shannon skipped game 2, i follow heather on twitter.

just checked again and see that heather did indeed skip to the win last night.

val has what could be a tough one against nadine chyz next. chyz has quietly had a really good season. not many people talking about her but she could factor in to the final 4 as well

we probably are heading to a sweeting v.s scheidegger showdown though. i agree val is probably to strong to go 3 and out. scheidegger looks like the more likely of the 2 to go 3 and out

something you might be interested to know: i read an article where heather has said that her and david are planning on playing in the alberta mixed double provincials

Last edited by misty1 on 01-27-17 at 09:53AM

Old Post 01-27-17 09:38AM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I like how level is the playing field in NS... say as opposed to Quebec, or PEI. There are lots of equal teams who are shooting for the Scotties. Arsenault, the biggest "name" is at 3 losses now. Having the ability to watch the games, I see aggressive play, and pretty good execution. I see athletic women and no handshakes. They are doing the forearm bump - probably to avoid germ transfer. NS is heading to TBs methinks.

Old Post 01-27-17 10:12AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I see Sarah Mallais is at 3 and oh, in NB. I looked at her history. I see she moved from Fredericton to Saint John. I see she has loyal curlers and has been advanced to the skip position, still holding the confidence of those curling above her in previous seasons. I know nothing about her, but maybe she is a dark horse. Curiouser and curiouser.

Old Post 01-27-17 11:54AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Last RR game in NS. Arsenault is playing to drag Brothers back into the 3-3 pack... not to mention to keep herself alive. Mattatall is assured a PlayOff spot. Tough Scotties out there on the coast.

Old Post 01-27-17 04:06PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I didn't know Brette and Blaine were sisters! Nice background on Team BC - Marla Mallett http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/...#undefined.uxfs

Old Post 01-27-17 04:15PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:

yep, heather is the 5th. shannon has a bad back so heather steps in and skips when shannon needs her too. i know fur sure that heather skipped game one and shannon skipped game 2, i follow heather on twitter.

just checked again and see that heather did indeed skip to the win last night.

val has what could be a tough one against nadine chyz next. chyz has quietly had a really good season. not many people talking about her but she could factor in to the final 4 as well

we probably are heading to a sweeting v.s scheidegger showdown though. i agree val is probably to strong to go 3 and out. scheidegger looks like the more likely of the 2 to go 3 and out

something you might be interested to know: i read an article where heather has said that her and david are planning on playing in the alberta mixed double provincials

I think Val is still way too over-powering for most of the current Alberta teams - Heather might be able to gut it out in a finale but I don't think Shannon can stand up to Val any longer (I think Shannon is nearly 50 and now injury-prone)
Scheidegger has had a good season and should be able to cobble the steps necessary to confront Sweeting in the final. I think G.L. Ramsey will flame out in a blaze of glory - and there's still a ton of fawns waiting to be eliminated in the C-event.

Probably 70% Val picks up the Alberta spot - 16% Casey S. - 14% Heather/Shannon combo
Looks like Lawton is over-powering the Viterra field in Sask'n. Just business as usual for Stefanie - hyper-ventilation usually doesn't begin until STOH playoffs = especially if she draws Homan, Jones, Sweeting!
Sherry Anderson (the current Lady Baba of Curling) is putting up a struggle w/ Lawton this afternoon - Lawton went up 6-0 after back to back 3-enders but Anderson has closed it to 7-6 playing 7 - showing Stef is vulnerable if you put enough pressure on her.
Meanwhile Jones appears to be the solitary Goliath in Manitoba - she's been stomping on fawns thus far. Wonder if complacency sets in? I actually think of the BIG 3 in Western Canada - Jones is more vulnerable to being toppled than either Sweeting or Lawton!

Old Post 01-27-17 05:24PM
TNH
Hitting Paint

How do you approach tonights final round robin game if you are Lawton or Silvernagle? The teams have clinched the Page 1-2 game rendering tonights match as meaningful only to paying fans. Is it time to give the 5ths quality time on the ice? Do you go all out to keep the ,momentum going? Or are you happy to get some rest and shake after 6?

Just curious what you think as I can't say I've ever been there!

Old Post 01-27-17 06:19PM
TNH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TNH Click here to Send TNH a Private Message Find more posts by TNH Add TNH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by TNH
How do you approach tonights final round robin game if you are Lawton or Silvernagle? The teams have clinched the Page 1-2 game rendering tonights match as meaningful only to paying fans. Is it time to give the 5ths quality time on the ice? Do you go all out to keep the ,momentum going? Or are you happy to get some rest and shake after 6?

Just curious what you think as I can't say I've ever been there!

i know the game is over, sorry for being late. but in that situation id go all out. winning means having hammer in the page game and that could be huge

Old Post 01-28-17 03:56PM
misty1
Super Rockchucker

round robin over in manitoba

jones v.s englot in the 1 v.s 1 game

einarson v.s robertson and birchard v.s reed and the 2 winners to play in the 2 v.s 2 game. robertson just handled einarson pretty easily..might she beat kerri 2 times in a row on knock out the defending champ?

shannon game jen her best test so far, went down in admirable effort . hopefully she can win the tie

in nova scotia the mens final is decided:

murphy v.stuart thompson

brothers playing breen in the semis. winner faces mary mattatal

in new brunswick young sarah malais makes the final. justine comeau into the semis. sylvie robichaud will play melissa adams in a tiebreaker to determine who plays comeau in the semis. im pulling for comeau to win it all. thats a really good young team

and early going in the 2 c qualifiers in alberta but virtue popped a 4 on scheidegger and leads 4-3 after 4. could be seeing one the pre event favorites go down far earlier than expected. one thing to note for sure is that scheidegger does not have that dominant prescence in the province that sweeting or curlers before her have had.

sweeting v.s kleibrink in the 1 v.s 2 game. come on kleibrink!!

Last edited by misty1 on 01-28-17 at 04:03PM

Old Post 01-28-17 04:00PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I noticed that NL women have finished their RR and Strong just got bumped to two losses, 3rd position. Curtis and Hardy each at one loss. Will strong miss the playoffs? I haven't researched the playoff format yet. Who is the favourite?

Old Post 01-28-17 04:29PM
misty1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
I noticed that NL women have finished their RR and Strong just got bumped to two losses, 3rd position. Curtis and Hardy each at one loss. Will strong miss the playoffs? I haven't researched the playoff format yet. Who is the favourite?

Newfoundland just has a short round Robin with the top 2 teams advancing to the final so, yes Strong is out. Stacie curtis Should be favored to defend her title

Men's side Adam Boland will play..and this might come as a shock: Brad gushue in the final

Old Post 01-28-17 04:37PM
Par89
Hitting Paint

Hardy is Mark Nichols sister, lots of experience

Old Post 01-28-17 05:12PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Super Rockchucker

Scheidegger and Ramsay are the final 2 qualifiers in alberta

Old Post 01-28-17 05:48PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Par89
Hardy is Mark Nichols sister, lots of experience

Oh! That's an interesting tidbit. And thanks Misty, for the bkgnd.

Re: AB - I am glad to see Scheidegger make it to the playoffs... after giving up a foursey! I hope to see them succeed. and Re: MB - TBs - not surprised to see Birchard up after six. Robertson stole two on Einerson. Who will succeed - sage or youth?

Robertson is in full control. Another indicator of the strength of the Express group. Einarson will not be satisfied.

Last edited by nelski on 01-28-17 at 06:59PM

Old Post 01-28-17 06:25PM