ProCurlingWear - Create Your Design

Curling Scores

Eastern Time (ET)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

Curling Pick'em

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 12 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-15-17 03:21PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

 

Registered: Sep 2011
Location:
Posts: 5032

2017 Playdowns

With the provincial playdowns coming up i thought id open this thread to discuss them. mens and womens. quebec is going to be completed first . womens is done and the mens final runs later today.

somewhat of a surprise result in quebec with eve belisle defeating larouche in the final. eve belisle makes her return to curling just a year after larouche and, as larouche did in her comeback year qins quebec. but is it really that much an upset? belisle and larouche have always had a tight rivalry, one really isnt a favorite over the other.

belisle has 2 appearances at the scotties, her best was her first appearance when she finished 4th.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-15-17 07:31PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

 

Registered: Jan 2009
Location: Hovel of Fame
Posts: 10874

Re: 2017 Playdowns

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
With the provincial playdowns coming up i thought id open this thread to discuss them. mens and womens. quebec is going to be completed first . womens is done and the mens final runs later today.

somewhat of a surprise result in quebec with eve belisle defeating larouche in the final. eve belisle makes her return to curling just a year after larouche and, as larouche did in her comeback year qins quebec. but is it really that much an upset? belisle and larouche have always had a tight rivalry, one really isnt a favorite over the other.

belisle has 2 appearances at the scotties, her best was her first appearance when she finished 4th.



I too thought M-F Larouche was a near 80% lock to take La Belle Province - c'est la vie!
After a slow start, Jean-Michel Menard closed hard and went crazy down the stretch to rep Quebec, again!
Menard, when on his game is fully capable of tormenting any team in almost any Brier field.

__________________
I'm one of the good guys now!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-15-17 07:57PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

 

Registered: Sep 2011
Location:
Posts: 5032

Re: Re: 2017 Playdowns

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend


I too thought M-F Larouche was a near 80% lock to take La Belle Province - c'est la vie!
After a slow start, Jean-Michel Menard closed hard and went crazy down the stretch to rep Quebec, again!
Menard, when on his game is fully capable of tormenting any team in almost any Brier field.



yep and when he gets on a roll he is very hard to stop. as seen with his winning 7 in a row to get out of quebec

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-20-17 07:33PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

 

Registered: Apr 2011
Location:
Posts: 204

We've got a volunteer up in Northern Ontario providing some NOCA Scotties coverage. Live now: Team Fleury vs Team Mikkelson

https://games.curlinggeek.com/broadcast/1593

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-21-17 08:30AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

 

Registered: Sep 2011
Location:
Posts: 5032

Playdowns going on in British columbia right now for the women. somehow that totally escaped me.

Marla mallet finished 1st at 6-1. plays lyndsay hudyma in the page 1 v.s 2 game. sarah wark and diane gushulak in the 3 v.s 4 game.

defending champion karla thompson suprrisingly finished 2-5 and kesa van osch lost in the tiebreak to gushulak

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-21-17 10:07PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

 

Registered: Sep 2011
Location:
Posts: 5032

Mallet into the final in British Columbia

Mccarville defends her title in northern Ontario. Was a great game

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-21-17 10:20PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Click here to Send guido a Private Message Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Drawmaster

 

Registered: Feb 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 857

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
Mallet into the final in British Columbia

Mccarville defends her title in northern Ontario. Was a great game



Where does a guy get to watch these games, other than live??

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-21-17 10:35PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

 

Registered: Sep 2011
Location:
Posts: 5032

quote:
Originally posted by guido


Where does a guy get to watch these games, other than live??



Well, here in Winnipeg Shaw is covering the BC women's provincials, on channel 9.

Curlinggeek did a broadcast of the women's final in northern ontario

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-21-17 10:59PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

 

Registered: Jan 2009
Location: Hovel of Fame
Posts: 10874

Marla is gonna be tough to beat in BC. Just an overall lack of quality in BC women's curling. Marla will do OK at STOH (if she wins) but I don't see her able to confront top monsters (other than when the monster is out of sorts or leaking oil badly)

Meanwhile, I truly believe Krista McCarville might be poised to win a hearts championship. She's awesome and now she's really experienced. Might be the best skip-3rd combo in women's game - THE K2K girls - Krista & Kendra. Rachel & Emma might have more grooved slides and more wins but I really think McCarville is poised to sting any of the top monsters (if the monsters make it in)

Krista is also every bit the equal of Jennifer Jones - in fact Krista is now the superior skip - as she's superior in plotting defensive strategy. Jones has a ton of trouble these days defending. Lilly is now the next great 3rd in Canadian women's curling. That's an easy one!

__________________
I'm one of the good guys now!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-21-17 11:26PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Click here to Send IN-OFF-FOR-2 a Private Message Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Swing Artist

 

Registered: Mar 2013
Location:
Posts: 426

bandwagon

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Marla is gonna be tough to beat in BC. Just an overall lack of quality in BC women's curling. Marla will do OK at STOH (if she wins) but I don't see her able to confront top monsters (other than when the monster is out of sorts or leaking oil badly)

Meanwhile, I truly believe Krista McCarville might be poised to win a hearts championship. She's awesome and now she's really experienced. Might be the best skip-3rd combo in women's game - THE K2K girls - Krista & Kendra. Rachel & Emma might have more grooved slides and more wins but I really think McCarville is poised to sting any of the top monsters (if the monsters make it in)

Krista is also every bit the equal of Jennifer Jones - in fact Krista is now the superior skip - as she's superior in plotting defensive strategy. Jones has a ton of trouble these days defending. Lilly is now the next great 3rd in Canadian women's curling. That's an easy one!




ML yet another bandwagon called, they said "Get off".

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-22-17 10:33AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

 

Registered: Oct 2004
Location: Hill Bottom Corner
Posts: 1604

I was just looking at Mallet's line-up. She has a very experienced curlers who have played under skips such as Bernard, Lawe, Thurston, Scott, Jenion - Manitoba AB and BC roots. So they have lots of national and world curling tour experience. I think Mallet might be the weak link. She has been knocking on the door for almost a decade - but maybe this team will put her into contention. I suspect they are all (other than Mallet) nerve-free. One more win and they are off to the cdaScotties.

__________________
Pushin' back from the hack.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-22-17 10:49AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

 

Registered: Sep 2011
Location:
Posts: 5032

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
I was just looking at Mallet's line-up. She has a very experienced curlers who have played under skips such as Bernard, Lawe, Thurston, Scott, Jenion - Manitoba AB and BC roots. So they have lots of national and world curling tour experience. I think Mallet might be the weak link. She has been knocking on the door for almost a decade - but maybe this team will put her into contention. I suspect they are all (other than Mallet) nerve-free. One more win and they are off to the cdaScotties.


Well..Marla did finish as runner up at her last Scotties in 2009 so I'm not sure what you mean or how she is a weak link

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-22-17 11:30AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

 

Registered: Oct 2004
Location: Hill Bottom Corner
Posts: 1604

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
Well..Marla did finish as runner up at her last Scotties in 2009 so I'm not sure what you mean or how she is a weak link
Exactly my point. I attended it and watched her play her games. 'S been a while. Maybe she felt pressure at a home crowd in Victoria, but this is her strongest team since then, I'd say. We'll see if she toughens at skip. I did not see strength then. Just my take.

__________________
Pushin' back from the hack.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-22-17 02:10PM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

 

Registered: Mar 2014
Location: Red Deer Ab
Posts: 67

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQHw8KPp-Dg

Scotties BC Women's Curling Championship Semi Finals - Gushulak v Hudyma, Jan 22, 2017

..winner takes on Marla Mallet later today.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-22-17 02:14PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

 

Registered: Sep 2011
Location:
Posts: 5032

Prince edward island news

Robyn Macphee gets out of the province . they'll get their share of wins at the scotties, i think

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-22-17 07:23PM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

 

Registered: Mar 2014
Location: Red Deer Ab
Posts: 67

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-h...ad-94eb2c059e0c

***LIVE***

Scotties BC Women's Curling Championship Finals - Gushulak vs Mallett, Jan 22, 2017

..predictable 1st end, blank by Mallet, on to end #2..

..interesting, the opposing skip, Gushulak, was Mallett's previous 3rd back in the day.

Last edited by ellejay on 01-22-17 at 07:29PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-22-17 07:59PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

 

Registered: Sep 2011
Location:
Posts: 5032

marla i think had that shot for 2 made in the 3rd but aleksik called the sweepers on and i think that bit of sweeping stopped it from curling enough. it was close

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-22-17 08:45PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

 

Registered: Sep 2011
Location:
Posts: 5032

see both marla and diane subscribe to the idea of having hammer in even ends being better

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-22-17 08:47PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

 

Registered: Sep 2011
Location:
Posts: 5032

in the ontario scotties challenge round middaugh squeaks in with a steal of 2 over hastings in the final end.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-22-17 09:40PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

 

Registered: Oct 2004
Location: Hill Bottom Corner
Posts: 1604

I would say, BC Final has been conservative play.
Middaugh buys her trip to ONscotties. She has been strong the past few weeks. May be peaking for this.

__________________
Pushin' back from the hack.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-22-17 09:57PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

 

Registered: Sep 2011
Location:
Posts: 5032

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
I would say, BC Final has been conservative play.
Middaugh buys her trip to ONscotties. She has been strong the past few weeks. May be peaking for this.



Yeah, I would say that's the perfect way to describe it. Happy for Marla. Good to see her back at a scotties

I think a 6-5 or maybe 5-6 record is possible.

Last edited by misty1 on 01-22-17 at 10:01PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-22-17 10:19PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

 

Registered: Jan 2009
Location: Hovel of Fame
Posts: 10874

quote:
Originally posted by misty1


Yeah, I would say that's the perfect way to describe it. Happy for Marla. Good to see her back at a scotties

I think a 6-5 or maybe 5-6 record is possible.



Yes, Marla has a fairly strong team but she pushed thru in BC cuz their program isn't all that strong. Shannon Aleksic was a nice hire for 3rd, very experienced & poised but really not in same league as the monsters (Miskew, Lawes, Olson-Johns, Lilly)

Gushulak fought hard but couldn't pull it off. Shaw's coverage in Winnipeg gave up the ghost on skip's stones in the final end. YAY SHAW!

If ice & weight conditions are a bit out of whack at STOH I suspect Marla will have tons of trouble . . . . but yeah, 5-6 or 6-5 seems doable.

__________________
I'm one of the good guys now!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-23-17 08:31AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

 

Registered: Feb 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2026

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend


Yes, Marla has a fairly strong team but she pushed thru in BC cuz their program isn't all that strong. Shannon Aleksic was a nice hire for 3rd, very experienced & poised but really not in same league as the monsters (Miskew, Lawes, Olson-Johns, Lilly)

Gushulak fought hard but couldn't pull it off. Shaw's coverage in Winnipeg gave up the ghost on skip's stones in the final end. YAY SHAW!

If ice & weight conditions are a bit out of whack at STOH I suspect Marla will have tons of trouble . . . . but yeah, 5-6 or 6-5 seems doable.



Well a few of your favourites are back or in contention: Marla Mallet who you loved when she was last at the Scotties. But should she come up against an opponent who likes to mix it up, she could be in trouble as she does play rather defensively. And another fave of yours (and mine), Sherri Middaugh fought her way through the challenge round in Ontario. Ontario is wide open this year unless Team Homan is locked away somewhere practicing like mad.

St. Catharines is located in Ontario's "Banana Belt"...could see warm weather there. Which may make interesting ice conditions.

__________________
Well Behaved Women Don't Make History.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-23-17 09:44AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

 

Registered: Jan 2009
Location: Hovel of Fame
Posts: 10874

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad


Well a few of your favourites are back or in contention: Marla Mallet who you loved when she was last at the Scotties. But should she come up against an opponent who likes to mix it up, she could be in trouble as she does play rather defensively. And another fave of yours (and mine), Sherri Middaugh fought her way through the challenge round in Ontario. Ontario is wide open this year unless Team Homan is locked away somewhere practicing like mad.

St. Catharines is located in Ontario's "Banana Belt"...could see warm weather there. Which may make interesting ice conditions.



Only thing I can say in Ontario is that Rachel Homan will probably be standing tall on the podium when the dust clears. The only positives for the rest of the field is that Rachel's kryptonite has clearly been identified. Try to play a hitting game vs. her and you'll lose 99 times out of 100. Force her into a nuanced tippi-tappi or pitti-patti game and you've got a chance. Flaxey, Harrison even Sensational Sherri could put a spell on her.
On a personal note I'll really miss Jenn Hanna at these playdowns. If Homan was smart she'd hire Hanna as team coach or even 5th player - but I don't think Jenn has played much (if at all) this season!

__________________
I'm one of the good guys now!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-23-17 09:54AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

 

Registered: Sep 2011
Location:
Posts: 5032

i really dont know what to expect in ontario. i see 1 of 3 things happening:

1. rachel reasserts her dominance in the province. plays lights out and wins, going undefeated along the way

2. rachel continues the play she has had this season. she kind of staggers over the finish line in winning but is far from convincing. has a couple losses to 2 of middaugh, flaxey and harrison along the way

3. rachel continues the form she's had this season and fails to win ontario. she either loses a close one in the final or is stunned by not even reaching the final

rachel now has to worry about not one team like last year but 3 teams that can stand up to and topple her. flaxey and harrison will be full of confidence with wins over her this season and middaugh always gives rachel fits. middaugh is one of the very few teams out there right now with a positive H2H record against rachel.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

All times are GMT. The time now is . Post New Thread   Post A Reply
Page 1 of 12 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Jump:
Rate This Thread:

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON
 

Recent News

Recent
World’s Curling Elite Sweep into Fredericton

World’s Curling Elite Sweep into Fredericton

TORONTO (August 16, 2017) – TSN hits the house for exclusive coverage of the first-of-its-kind EVEREST CURLING CHALLENGE Aug.

Curling Blogs

Facebook Feed

To top ↑