Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 30 of 37 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-23-13 11:51PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by kyoh
I get Homan is the home team and whatever, but there's nothing worse than when the crowd cheers misses.

A scotties tourney couldn't have asked for a better match-up - Undeafeated 4-time champion JJ against the home province who went 10-1; yet they cant even fill the building.

Asking them to have curling etiquette is a little much dont yah think :/

No matter what happens this weekend for Jones, in december she'll have the home ice advantage at a small bonspiel that is kind of important.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.85.186.225

02-24-13 02:15AM
InOffFor4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for InOffFor4 Find more posts by InOffFor4 Add InOffFor4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InOffFor4
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Statement on Jennifer Jones by Manitoba Legend

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Win or lose vs. Nedohin, win or lose vs. Homan in the golden match, win or lose in the bronze match vs. K Scott I will never turn in my fan card for Jennifer Jones.

This woman has given me more hours of tremendous entertainment over the years. Ten straight appearances at the STOH, 10 straight playoffs made. Thats an incredible record in itself.

101 Scott wins and counting. Thats an incredible record.

4 Canadian championships. Only Colleen Jones has more.

Some of the greatest finishes in curling history. Few have more.

Yes, there have been blips. Only one gold medal in world play. Yet, 3 top 3 finishes in those four tries. The last canadian woman to win a gold medal.

Poor Olympic trial record.

But always a gentlewoman on the ice. ALways considerate in interviews, almost always positive to a tee.

Never said a bad word about the curler she cut, even when a media firestorm broke out.

So don't worry Jenn. In the very remote chance you or a member of your team reads this blog, I remain 100% your faithful supporter.

A critical mouth, yes?

But no greater supporter exists on the planet beyond your immediate family and friends.

You are a true inspiration, not only on the curling lanes but in life itself.

In recent months my mother died of complications arising from dementia and other ills. Despite her ills, she also got great joy from watching you curl when I had the TV on during my care and supervision.

Whenever the Scotties was on, she would always ask without fail - HOW DID JENNIFER JONES DO?

And most of the time, my retort would be - JENNIFER WON!!!

My mother would then say - THATS NICE!!!

I must say I miss my mother terrible - and especially hearing those two words. THATS NICE!!!

I almost teared up reading this, very sincere. Have faith ML, Jenn wont go quietly tomorrow!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-24-13 03:45AM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Curling fan
If not,then I'm cheering for Homan.They do have a very good team,actually I remember watching her the last couple of years and thinking she's like the Kmart of women's curling.

A pretty good comparison actually. Reminds me of my favourite Fake Kevin Martin tweet: "Rachel Homan reminds me of a young me. Big weight, big forehead, sexy as hell"

02-24-13 07:47AM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Statement on Jennifer Jones by Manitoba Legend

quote:
Originally posted by InOffFor4

I almost teared up reading this, very sincere. Have faith ML, Jenn wont go quietly tomorrow!

Let's not write the epitaph quite yet. Hell, she may pick up all the marbles today and then go and clean clock in Riga.

If not I expect we see her back at the STOH next year anyway.

She's a great competitor and we saw that last night even as she sensed the game slipping away.

The Scotties would be poorer in her absence. And she ranks as one of Canada's all-time great curlers.

02-24-13 09:24AM
Unregistered

Jennys struggling again this is a recurring theme for her in big games the last 3 years

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.250.205.64

02-24-13 09:42AM
Unregistered

Just keep putting those feet in your mouth

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 68.171.231.84

02-24-13 09:58AM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

I appreciate the fact that despite my leaving in a huff Gerry has allowed me to keep my keys to the site. It feels good not having to sneak in here like certain posters must.

There is nothing like a prediction after the fact, but here is mine. When JJ went 11 and 0, I remarked to the wife that Ms Jones and crew now need to decide which game they are going to lose. I believe they chose to lose the proper one. (Well, duh!)

If tough ass Team Canada shows up this morning we will have one hell of a game, if subdued and bewildered Heather shows up not so much. What ever the personality of Team Canada this am I predict a Jones win, although I would rather it goes the other way. If it comes down to a Ontario Manitoba final don't bet against Manitoba MONSTER.

It has taken a while for me to come to grips with MM Jones and crew. Wayne Gretsky syndrome is the best way to describe it. Wayne seems like a real nice guy, and I am sure he is, but all those years he was stealing Stanley Cups that rightfully belong to the Habs, (except 1993, God bless McSorley), I routinely wished bad thing for the man. Not anymore. Sorry Wayne. Sorry Jennifer. I will try to do better in the future. Wearing my hairshirt now!

One other point. Somebody mentioned Rachel Homan's tattoo. We seeem to be in a tattoo culture that is going to make pool day at the retirement home very interesting 50 years from now. ("Nice tatoo of a waffle on your butt Babs!
"Thats not a waffle, it's a sunflower!!")
For the record I have a tatoo. The tatoo does not make me or mean I am a world beater of any kind. It means that I can never drink tequila again. And Rachel Homans incredible talent comes not from five hundred bucks worth of ink, but from practice and coaching and talent and an inner fortitude that most of us can only dream of.

I am looking forward to the final. I predict a win for Amber Holland!! (Oh?..OK..Damn, how long have I been away!)

02-24-13 10:08AM
Unregistered

its lookig like the curling machine version of team canada that was existent through the first 6 games and yesterday against BC has made an appearance again this morning

could be a very long morning for manitoba

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

02-24-13 10:34AM
Unregistered

Jenny wasnt close on that draw in the 5th. The Manitoba team on the whole havent recovered from last night..They are spooked...Shellshocked

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.250.205.64

02-24-13 10:39AM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

Okay, okay, TC looks the better, but not significantly. But a two-point spread after five ends means anybody's game. It could be tied up after one more end.

02-24-13 10:55AM
Unregistered

Manitoba looks like a team that has ran out of gas.
A 9am start after a tough loss and a long night, does not help matters.

02-24-13 10:56AM
Unregistered

I can't believe how tight lawes gets in a big game. She's curled in so many of them you would think it would be second nature but arms crossed and she looks like she's gonna cry. Get your head up and make a couple of shots and you can still win. Let's go!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 174.3.151.240

02-24-13 11:10AM
Unregistered

Jenn's indecisive shot selection is driving me nuts
Kaitlyn is going to snap real soon!

02-24-13 11:38AM
Unregistered

steal of two
WOW!!

02-24-13 11:38AM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

Oh...Oh.....sugar balls!

02-24-13 11:40AM
Unregistered

Wow. Stupid line call.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.224.222.211

02-24-13 12:07PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
steal of two
WOW!!

That;s the risk you run when you junk up the 4 foot. Canada played with fire in a tie game with hammer - really don't understand that decision.

JJ somewhat 'missed' her last shot, or it could have been a steal of 3.

02-24-13 12:14PM
Unregistered

Well......that wasn't deserved.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 96.51.32.250

02-24-13 12:14PM
sooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sooner Find more posts by sooner Add sooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sooner
Hitting Paint

Nedowins second and poor line calls killed her

02-24-13 12:18PM
Unregistered

We have round 3 of Homan vs Jones
I dont think ms homan will steal 4 points again

Could be a classic final. TSN is very happy!

02-24-13 12:18PM
Unregistered

It is a shame that the undeserving team won and is in the final. Hopefully Ontario will kick Manitoba's ass!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 72.39.158.108

02-24-13 12:19PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Well......that wasn't deserved.

Based on what? Team Canada made a big mistake in an important spot. They didn't deserve to win.

02-24-13 12:20PM
greenroad
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by sooner
Nedowins second and poor line calls killed her

She certainly lost it rather than Jones winning it. Of course any team that can only score one point in the last five ends doesn't deserve to win.

Rubber match tonight between MB and ON, literally.

And wouldn't you rather watch Jones than Nedohin anyway?

02-24-13 12:20PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

"Undeserving?" 11-0 through the round robin. Early struggles in the semi-final, but once they were finally able to start getting some rocks in the right place and get some pressure on Team Canada, Nedohin couldn't make the shots and Iskew blew the line call in the 8th end. This is exactly how JJ won a bunch of elimination games in 2008.

This should be a barnburner of a final tonight. Will be pulling hard for Jones, but am THRILLED that one of these two teams will become the new Team Canada. Look out, world!

02-24-13 12:23PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by doubletakeout This is exactly how JJ won a bunch of elimination games in 2008.[/B]
Was that year she came all the way from the tiebreaker, and won game after game when her opponent self-destructed?