Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 20 of 37 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-19-13 08:31AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Very well said. Nedohin's histrionics and quirkiness are a bit over the top but I'm old enough to give you some golden oldies as far as quirky and well-received curlers thru the ages:

8. Sandra Schmirler - the greatest team in curling history. Always entertaining, always engaged with fans, always making great shots. I remember one year Sandra must have read the power of positive thinking and every time she came out of the hack she had a smile broader than Ann Hathaway.

There's many others who became or still are favourites of fans from coast to coast. I only came up with ones fresh to my memory.

This is precious - the most quirky poster on the planet calling Sandra Schmirler quirky!!! Does engaging with fans make you quirky? Does smiling make you quirky? I think not!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-19-13 10:56AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Angry

Where can i find a live online feed of the Scotties? I dont want to go to damn tsn mobile. GRRRRRRR

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.229.80.99

02-19-13 11:48AM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

Interesting moment in one of the TSN broadcasts, when Cathy Gauthier described a chance meeting with Rachel Homan (I think in an elevator?). Gauthier complimented Homan on their unbeaten start, and Homan said with a straight face, "those are the teams we're supposed to beat." Homan, Jones, and Nedohin have clearly separated themselves from the field, and it should be no surprise. I'm really looking forward to seeing them all play each other. Kelly Scott's team looked very good in their game vs. Ontario, and now that they have lost to two of the "big three" leaders, I would expect them to play out the rest of the week in strong fashion.

Say what you like about JJ, Nedohin, Scott, Homan - I'm sure there are many reasons anyone could be annoyed with any of those teams (and these opinions are certainly articulated here) - but I never complain when these teams are featured on TSN because you know at least you are getting a strong team right through the lineup, with a smart skip who goes in with a game plan and isn't afraid of rocks in play. These are four really excellent curling teams and any one would make a strong representative for Canada at the worlds. I am personally pulling for Manitoba but am ultimately cheering hardest for a strong, competitive and hard-fought series of playoff games this weekend.

02-19-13 01:20PM
Wally Curler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wally Curler Click here to Send Wally Curler a Private Message Find more posts by Wally Curler Add Wally Curler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wally Curler
Harvey Hacksmasher

You have to respect Homan's demeanor and focus. It might not win over the marketing execs, but she has the look of someone who is very determined and is on a mission.
She had two tough games yesterday and came through.

Here's my Tuesday thoughts on the Scotties

http://hurryhardblog.blogspot.ca/20...t-scotties.html

quote:
Originally posted by doubletakeout
Interesting moment in one of the TSN broadcasts, when Cathy Gauthier described a chance meeting with Rachel Homan (I think in an elevator?). Gauthier complimented Homan on their unbeaten start, and Homan said with a straight face, "those are the teams we're supposed to beat."

02-19-13 01:24PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by doubletakeout
Say what you like about JJ, Nedohin, Scott, Homan - I'm sure there are many reasons anyone could be annoyed with any of those teams (and these opinions are certainly articulated here) - but I never complain when these teams are featured on TSN because you know at least you are getting a strong team right through the lineup, with a smart skip who goes in with a game plan and isn't afraid of rocks in play.

While I agree with you, it is worth pointing out that Scott made a glaring tactical error in the 10th end of her game against Homan when she brought the play into the house so early in the end. Not sure if it was just a rare brain fart or unfamiliarity with Homan, but it might well have cost her the match. It was surprising to see that mistake from a skip who is usually so tactically sound.

02-19-13 03:05PM
Unregistered

TSN live feed

Ya its non-existent. At least CBC gives u a live feed on your computer with live chat with their host for their hockey games. What does TSN give us....MOBILE????

I'd like to watch the curling games & live chat with viewers. TSN needs to step it up. 20 yrs & no improvements. Same analysis. Same coverage.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 205.189.94.12

02-19-13 03:47PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

Re: TSN live feed

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Ya its non-existent. At least CBC gives u a live feed on your computer with live chat with their host for their hockey games. What does TSN give us....MOBILE????

I'd like to watch the curling games & live chat with viewers. TSN needs to step it up. 20 yrs & no improvements. Same analysis. Same coverage.

There is a live feed on their site: http://www.tsn.ca/live/curling/

I don't understand people who complain about TSN's coverage. It's the best curling coverage you get all year. Plus games are available on demand. Curling fans are such complainers.

02-19-13 04:08PM
Unregistered

Candygirl

Can't get it in US

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 76.3.0.41

02-19-13 04:10PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Watching some of these teams, I certainly hope the Provincial Associations are taking notes - in particular NL, AB and NS - of the level of play. Devereaux is getting beaten up in almost every game! Surprising that AB is also on the bottom. QC is in the middle, can hold their own agains equal or lower ranked teams but pummeled by the elites.

Is there any development going on at the Provincial level to ensure that teams are well represented at National Competition? While it is good to see NWT holding its own, something sad about the fact that YK & NU could not afford or make an effort to play in the playdowns.

Not a good sign for the future of women's curling.

02-19-13 04:23PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
Watching some of these teams, I certainly hope the Provincial Associations are taking notes - in particular NL, AB and NS - of the level of play. Devereaux is getting beaten up in almost every game! Surprising that AB is also on the bottom. QC is in the middle, can hold their own agains equal or lower ranked teams but pummeled by the elites.

At the risk of getting blasted, is it fair to say that in the case of both AB and NS we are not seeing their 'best' team as provincial representative, but rather just the team that got hot at the right time and won their provincials?

02-19-13 04:28PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi

At the risk of getting blasted, is it fair to say that in the case of both AB and NS we are not seeing their 'best' team as provincial representative, but rather just the team that got hot at the right time and won their provincials?

Alberta maybe but I dont think thats the case for Nova scotia.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

02-19-13 04:29PM
FollowingAlong is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FollowingAlong Click here to Send FollowingAlong a Private Message Find more posts by FollowingAlong Add FollowingAlong to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FollowingAlong
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

Is there any development going on at the Provincial level to ensure that teams are well represented at National Competition? While it is good to see NWT holding its own, something sad about the fact that YK & NU could not afford or make an effort to play in the playdowns.

Not a good sign for the future of women's curling.

I'm sure that the provincial associations do pay attention to how their respective representatives do at the Canadian championship level, but they can't alter the results of the provincial championship because the winner may not do well. In the case of AB this year, the team that was seeded 12th out of the 12 competing teams happened to get on a run in the C event and the playoffs - they needed to win either five or six consecutive games in order to win the provincial championship beating the likes of Shannon Kleibrink along the way. They're having a tough go at the Scotties this year, but the exact same process that was used this year to determine Alberta's champion produced the Canadian champion last year, so do you panic after just one below par performance?

Similar with Nova Scotia. Just two Scotties ago, the NS team won the bronze medal.

Let's be realistic about most provinces. Even in the provinces that traditionally send a "better" representative, once you get past the top two teams, it would be an upset if a provincial champion would do well at a national championship. Look at Manitoba as an example. Which Manitoba team at a Scotties other than J. Jones has been a factor in the Scotties in the last 10 years? If J. Jones wins Manitoba, they contend for a Scotties. If she doesn't win Manitoba or she returns to a Scotties as Team Canada, Manitoba is usually a middle of the pack team at best.

One thing I do agree with you on is that there are a few teams that are putting on some particularly sub par performances both from a skill perspective as well as a strategy and shot calling perspective.

02-19-13 04:31PM
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by FollowingAlong

I'm sure that the provincial associations do pay attention to how their respective representatives do at the Canadian championship level, but they can't alter the results of the provincial championship because the winner may not do well. In the case of AB this year, the team that was seeded 12th out of the 12 competing teams happened to get on a run in the C event and the playoffs - they needed to win either five or six consecutive games in order to win the provincial championship beating the likes of Shannon Kleibrink along the way. They're having a tough go at the Scotties this year, but the exact same process that was used this year to determine Alberta's champion produced the Canadian champion last year, so do you panic after just one below par performance?

Similar with Nova Scotia. Just two Scotties ago, the NS team won the bronze medal.

Let's be realistic about most provinces. Even in the provinces that traditionally send a "better" representative, once you get past the top two teams, it would be an upset if a provincial champion would do well at a national championship. Look at Manitoba as an example. Which Manitoba team at a Scotties other than J. Jones has been a factor in the Scotties in the last 10 years? If J. Jones wins Manitoba, they contend for a Scotties. If she doesn't win Manitoba or she returns to a Scotties as Team Canada, Manitoba is usually a middle of the pack team at best.

One thing I do agree with you on is that there are a few teams that are putting on some particularly sub par performances both from a skill perspective as well as a strategy and shot calling perspective.

Bang on

02-19-13 05:06PM
Unregistered

Scott is hanging around.

Clutch shot in the 10th for Scott vs NB. All u Scott haters thinking/wanting Scott to disappear...well she is still here.

Sask now has to play the top teams, so Sask is catchable.

02-19-13 05:11PM
Unregistered

The interesting thing is that the very second Saskatchewan faced a team that didnt just continously make mistakes or in Alberta's case collapse they lost.

so I can definately see saskatchewan ending 4-7 if they themselves dont pick it up because curling in the 60's and 70's against the teams they have left to face wont work

on a side note..

Nova Scotia is on the board!

02-19-13 05:13PM
Unregistered

Finally!!!!!

At last, at last Arsenault & Co. have won a game albeit to those powerhouses from the NWT where their idea of a playdown is 4 teams.

Galusha for what its worth still gave NS a run. Just think what Galusha could do if she had more competition.

At least u can go home now with at least 1 win NS.

02-19-13 05:16PM
Unregistered

People will point out that Nova Scotia was 1-4 but think about who they have played:

Canada, Manitoba and BC. Really the only unacceptable loss is to Quebec

now that they play some of the lower reanked teams them going on a little run is not out of the question.

02-19-13 05:25PM
Unregistered

Quebec v.s Ontario tonight...I predict we will be switching over at some point to another game

02-19-13 05:28PM
Unregistered

What happened in the nb vs bc game. It was 7-7 and all of the sudden a 6 ender. I'm at work so I could not watch. Any info is appreciated.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.231.231.22

02-19-13 07:35PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

Dude. Relax. "last gasp of playoff air?" Kelly Scott's at 3-2. Surely you of all people remember when Jennifer Jones started 3-4 and went on to win the whole damn thing?

02-19-13 08:24PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

OK. You're right. Barring a total collapse by Ontario, Canada or Manitoba the last playoff spot will probably be competed for by Scott (BC), Sask. & maybe even Coco Jones catches fire.

Saskatchewan will not be a part of the end of the week. Now the schedule gets tough for them. really any chance of finishing in the playoffs died when they lost to PEI last night

I predict them to finish 5-6 at best..unless they can knock off some of the top teams and I doubt it

02-19-13 08:37PM
Unregistered

Is Renee Sonnenberg skipping Alberta tonight?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.54.79.167

02-19-13 08:39PM
Unregistered

Emma just definately does not seem at her best this week

02-19-13 08:40PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Is Renee Sonnenberg skipping Alberta tonight?

Yes, according to announcers Kristie took herself out of the line up.

02-19-13 09:31PM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Emma just definately does not seem at her best this week

She is borderline brutal tonight but Ont is still leading by 3 in 9. Seems she either has bad rocks or there are demons because of a few misses and she has played very marginally so far in this game.