Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 11 of 37 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-27-13 10:19PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

its definately harder to get out of ontario, alberta and saskatchewan than manitoba. more higher level teams from all 3 provinces than manitoba for sure. BC , sure not so much but kelly alone is a wall.

she's not good enough to be lead favorite everywhere. co-favorte maybe

Nope, never good enough to be the favorite and have some pressure heaped on them by fans or the media.

Where as for the last 8 freakin years, jones has been considered a favorite in practically every event she's entered. It isn't easy having a bullseye on your back. Hell, ask lawton about being considered a favorite.
Jennifer and her teams have been amazingly consistant!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.85.186.225

01-27-13 10:30PM
Unregistered

quote:

i would also favor lawton over her and maybe scott. these are teams that have done very well against her before' in particular lawton.

i just think its a going a little over to say she'd be the favorite to win every province you stick her in. A favorite sure but there's a difference in those 2 things

What is your problem exactly?

You dont like Jennifer Jones ... FINE!! You like K Scott... AWESOME

but quit postin shyt that makes you look like a fool!!

01-27-13 10:33PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

btw- here's a link to the video of Mary Anne's victorious shot.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...n-scotties.html

They seemed pretty excited :p

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-27-13 11:03PM
curlingmad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingmad Click here to Send curlingmad a Private Message Find more posts by curlingmad Add curlingmad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingmad
Swing Artist

quote:
Heather Nedohin - 6-5 at best... I think more likely 5-6 or 4-7. Flash in the pan. Canada cup and continental cup are previews of this.

So you don't like Heather... but you can't ignore her intense desire to win. I would predict Team Cdn will make the playoffs this year because we have some weak sisters who won dispite having very little talent. I like Homan and Jones for sure, as they will do well under any ice conditions. Not sure who the 4th team will be but it definitely won't be AB or SK this year.

01-27-13 11:05PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by ObsessiveCurler
btw- here's a link to the video of Mary Anne's victorious shot.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...n-scotties.html

They seemed pretty excited :p

Great to see. Feel bad for the nix team, especially Jocelyn... quite the fairy tale run they had.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.224.222.211

01-27-13 11:33PM
curlingmad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingmad Click here to Send curlingmad a Private Message Find more posts by curlingmad Add curlingmad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingmad
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

I wouldn't rule out Kristie Moore quite yet. She looked quite good vs. Sonnnenberg this afternoon. She put her final rock on the lid with no backing. She'll put up some kinda fight in all her matches.

Don't know about Shumay. Haven't seen them curl - YET! But by simple math they exterminated both Lawton and Holland to take the duke.

Homan might be a very young group of Ontarians (where they usually send a bunch of old does) but their secret weapon is that Leonard Cohen look-a-like, Earle Morris who gives them hundreds of years of curling wisdom. Nobody has a coach like that, not even Kelly Scott - who doesn't listen to Jeanna's dad, Gerry Richards anyways!

Sometimes destiny is kind to a team and even dispite not having enough talent... the team wins a biggie. That doesn't happen twice so don't expect AB to be 6-5. This team was ranked 10th for a very good reason, but the chips fell perfectly this week and Kristie played well but she also got lucky so the combination worked this time. Same for Shumay... name the last WCT spiel she won.

01-28-13 01:02AM
Unregistered

quote:
Very impressed by how Sportsnet put together so many varied broadcast teams to cover Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, on the same weekend. RJ Broadhead was the guy who worked with Daniele Inglis in Ontario. All good, Millions and McCusker were terrific in Manitoba.

AGREED!!

01-28-13 01:35AM
InOffFor4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for InOffFor4 Find more posts by InOffFor4 Add InOffFor4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InOffFor4
Harvey Hacksmasher

From the Winnipeg Sun:

"STONEWALL — St. Vital skip Jennifer Jones already ranks as one of the best skips in the world — ever.

In fact, Manitoba legend Connie Laliberte suggested she is better than the likes of Gustafson, Norberg and even Schmirler — but only because Jones has been able to be better for longer."

Cant say I disagree with you Connie!

Simply the best...

01-28-13 01:36AM
Unregistered

quote:
I wonder who JJ will pick as fifth player.

I don't think they have an association with Jennifer Clarke-Rouire and Jan Arnott is well into her 50s, will be the coach.

Perhaps give Chelsea Carey a taste of a national championship?

Killgallen had a nice front end player, too!

My pick would be Lesley Wilson.

01-28-13 02:03AM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by InOffFor4
From the Winnipeg Sun:

"STONEWALL — St. Vital skip Jennifer Jones already ranks as one of the best skips in the world — ever.

In fact, Manitoba legend Connie Laliberte suggested she is better than the likes of Gustafson, Norberg and even Schmirler — but only because Jones has been able to be better for longer."

Simply the best...

I typically defend Jones in these arguments because some people simply won't give her the credit she's due, but I have a hard time putting her above those three or above Colleen for that matter. Fifth sounds about right to me.

01-28-13 03:43AM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by InOffFor4
From the Winnipeg Sun:

Simply the best...

ML? You've been Connie all this time? I'm shocked!

01-28-13 05:30AM
Statman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Statman Click here to Send Statman a Private Message Find more posts by Statman Add Statman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Statman
Super Rockchucker

Not a bad field

I certainly disagree with those who suggest this is a weaker than average field. Indeed, with several former champions and loads of experience it looks at least average or better.

Any Scotties with Jennifer Jones, Kelly Scott, Rachel Homan, Suzanne Birt, Colleen Jones/Mary Arsenault and Heather Nedhohin is going to be very competitive.

01-28-13 07:04AM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Drawmaster

What ever happened to Ray (Moose) Turnbull, Rogers' announcers mentioned that he would be working the microphones in Stonewall Manitoba or was it Neepawa for the Safeway Selects. Anyone know? Thanks.

01-28-13 07:43AM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Beermaker
What ever happened to Ray (Moose) Turnbull, Rogers' announcers mentioned that he would be working the microphones in Stonewall Manitoba or was it Neepawa for the Safeway Selects. Anyone know? Thanks.

Safeyway Select.

01-28-13 07:46AM
Unregistered

quote:

its definately harder to get out of ontario, alberta and saskatchewan than manitoba. more higher level teams from all 3 provinces than manitoba for sure. BC , sure not so much but kelly alone is a wall.

she's not good enough to be lead favorite everywhere. co-favorte maybe

Getting out of Ontario, Alberta, and Saskatchewan is definitely not harder than Manitoba. They are all very similar actually. Jones would be a favorite in any provincial playdown, period.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.76.4.18

01-28-13 07:53AM
Unregistered

Congrats to all the provincial winners. I couldn't watch the Manitoba final but I did get to see the clutch draw by Moore in the extra end. Awesome shot! Looking forward to a good Tournament of Hearts!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.76.4.18

01-28-13 09:51AM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by doubletakeout

ML? You've been Connie all this time? I'm shocked!

Maybe a reincarnation of Gus Laliberte instead. Gus would say to me "There's more curling in one block of Winnipeg that there is in all of Halifax"

01-28-13 09:58AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Homan might be a very young group of Ontarians (where they usually send a bunch of old does) but their secret weapon is that Leonard Cohen look-a-like, Earle Morris who gives them hundreds of years of curling wisdom. Nobody has a coach like that, not even Kelly Scott - who doesn't listen to Jeanna's dad, Gerry Richards anyways!

Earle is the best 5th player in the world!

But have to disagree about the old does. In the last 10 yrs, only 3 teams of old does have made it out of ON, the other 7 include a past favourite of yours- Jenn Hanna. And JJ is fast becoming one of the old does.

01-28-13 10:11AM
hasbin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hasbin Click here to Send hasbin a Private Message Find more posts by hasbin Add hasbin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hasbin
Harvey Hacksmasher

Chelsea Carey would be a very smart choice as fifth for JJ... if she would accept.... could jump in at any position should the need arise.

01-28-13 11:08AM
Unregistered

Jones would never let Carey be their 5th and give her a taste of the STOH. Right now Carey can't be sure of what she's missing out on, and Jones would NEVER give her that opportunity to gain that experience if she plans on having to play her in future provincials.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.50.20.163

01-28-13 11:08AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

If you want to look at the nostalgia rack wouldn't it be somethin' if JJ picked up Connie Laliberte to add some more nostalgia to the Kingston event, joining fellow old does Colleen Jones, Nancy Delahunt and Kimmy Kelly for Seniors Nite.

Nancy is the fifth for MA. Jenn Baxter is the lead.

01-28-13 11:25AM
FollowingAlong is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FollowingAlong Click here to Send FollowingAlong a Private Message Find more posts by FollowingAlong Add FollowingAlong to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FollowingAlong
Swing Artist

quote:

But now there's a new MONSTER on the horizon. Her name is Rachel Homan and as RJ Broadhead noted yesterday - SHE'S UNREMORSELESS....

If someone is "UNREMORSELESS" does that make them remorseful?

I did not catch any of the action from the Ontario Scotties, but if Homan has indeed re-hooked up with Earle Morris as coach, she will be a formidable foe against any of the other current top Canadian women's teams and she remorseless in her pursuits.

01-28-13 12:01PM
Unregistered

Sandra Schmirler had way more success than JJ at big international events.. No way is JJ the best skip in Canadian womens history

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.20.51.134

01-28-13 12:20PM
FollowingAlong is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FollowingAlong Click here to Send FollowingAlong a Private Message Find more posts by FollowingAlong Add FollowingAlong to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FollowingAlong
Swing Artist

quote:

I'm glad you caught that one FA, you must be an english teacher or have an advanced degree? Correct?

Nobody has ever accused canadian sportscasters of being intellectual giants. Heavy emphasis on voice, looks and presentation. I sometimes gasp at the on-air hiccups made by esteemed sportscasters like James Duthie, Dave Hodge, Jennifer Hedger, Kate Beirness, Cabby Cabz, etc.

Well, not an English teacher, but a career that involves much written correspondence and technical writing has forced me to "catch" a few things like this, although I see my original post was made without proof reading.... Oops! If I had to talk, on air, live, like the sportscasters you mention above, I'm sure there would be many spoken faux pas

This year's Scotties should be an interesting one but given the field, I think an Ontario vs. Manitoba final is very likely. I don't know much about the Saskatchewan team. BC (with Scott) could be a factor. I'm not too sure about the defending champion although Nedohin didn't look like a Canadian champion at last year's Scotties until the back half of that event. Nova Scotia with a blast-from-the-past team I think will be there in a farewell tour performance. I'd be very surprised if we're talking about any other teams on the final weekend of the event.

01-28-13 12:32PM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

quote:

Not quite old Does - YET!

Colleen Jones at 54/55 is an old doe,

As of today,Colleen is 53 years 1 month and 22 days,not 54/55 ... LOL