Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Next Olympic Cycle Team Changes

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 11 of 12 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-04-18 01:34PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

well now i'm still waiting on adam casey. either a confirmation of keeping the lineup or making a change.

and i'm kind of curious about virtue

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-04-18 02:01PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Casey must be ready for province number 4 by now

04-04-18 05:11PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Laycock came out of strong Juniors into 3rd for Pat Simmons. He was strong there, strode away from third to skip, and may now be back in a good position. Was Simmons at his strongest when he had Steve at 3rd? Can't remember.

04-04-18 05:29PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
Laycock came out of strong Juniors into 3rd for Pat Simmons. He was strong there, strode away from third to skip, and may now be back in a good position. Was Simmons at his strongest when he had Steve at 3rd? Can't remember.

pat's best saskatchewan team was definitely when he had laycock at lead , jeff sharp at 3rd and gerry adam playing 2nd

i still can't help but think pat could have won the brier for saskatchewan that year if he'd beaten alberta in the semi..and he should have. that team was so good

04-08-18 04:20PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

PEI’s Robyn McPhee is stepping back, but Glenn Howard will be back with Scott moving up to vice and Tim March joining at lead.

Wonder how he’ll do?

04-08-18 08:00PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
PEI’s Robyn McPhee is stepping back, but Glenn Howard will be back with Scott moving up to vice and Tim March joining at lead.

Wonder how he’ll do?

that's..quite surprising to be honest. kind of thought glenn would hang it up after the olympics but he still clearly has a passion for the sport. as long as he does i guess there's no reason to stop.

04-09-18 09:59AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Scott is never going to be the curler his father was/is. Finishing school? I don't think so.

04-10-18 08:04AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Old Glenny still a very viable performer. Hasn't declined all that much in last 3 to 4 yrs - still one of Top 3 teams in Ontario - Top 10 to 12 in Canada

I think that says more about the state of curling in Ontario than it does about Glenn.

(disclosure - I am in Ontario)

04-10-18 10:20AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi

I think that says more about the state of curling in Ontario than it does about Glenn.

(disclosure - I am in Ontario)

You are correct! The only truly competitive teams are Epping & Howard. We did have a bright young spark in Matthew Hall but he has now gone to curl with Cotter for BC.

04-10-18 12:14PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

Says a lot about Ontario curling as compared to who?

PEI? Newfoundland? Now there's a paragon of depth. N.B.? N.S.? Quebec? Sask? B.C.? Yes Alberta now has a second team with Botcher. Manitoba? Yes they've had a great run with two teams, and only two teams for the last couple of years and now one of those teams is gone. Admittedly their future looks bright but we are talking about today. And I'd for sure bet on Ontario's teams 3-8 to beat anyone elses though admittedly who really cares?.....lol....still in terms of depth and top hundred teams Ontario is - I'd guess - the equal to the perennial top two. I say "I guess" cause i can't be bothered to look it up. For anyone who wants to shoot me down you are of course free to do my work for me.....lol.....

Have a great summer y'all.....if and when it gets here. Lord, you'd think climate change would be good for at least one thing. Sigh.

04-10-18 01:05PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

You are correct! The only truly competitive teams are Epping & Howard. We did have a bright young spark in Matthew Hall but he has now gone to curl with Cotter for BC.

There is no Hall on the Cotter team.

04-10-18 01:46PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

I thought Hall had another year at least at WLU before graduation. Maybe he will skip his successful junior team in Ontario.

04-10-18 05:20PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Team deCruz:
We would like to welcome Sven Michel into the team! Next season, Sven will replace Claudio Pätz who decided to retire after the PyeongChang Olympics.
Sven has accomplished a lot for swiss curling during his career. He has earned several strong results on the tour as well as two European medals (1x gold and 1x bronze). He also skipped Switzerland at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
We look forward to integrating Sven into the team next season, starting at the 2018 Baden Masters (August 24-26).
This season, Sven won the Mixed Doubles Nationals and will represent Switzerland again at the Worlds in Sweden with Michele Jäggi, starting on April 21. After this season, Jäggi’s future in competitive sport is still open.

04-10-18 05:56PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade
I thought Hall had another year at least at WLU before graduation. Maybe he will skip his successful junior team in Ontario.

He’s on Tardi’s team next year.

04-11-18 03:58PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
Team deCruz:
We would like to welcome Sven Michel into the team! Next season, Sven will replace Claudio Pätz who decided to retire after the PyeongChang Olympics.
Sven has accomplished a lot for swiss curling during his career. He has earned several strong results on the tour as well as two European medals (1x gold and 1x bronze). He also skipped Switzerland at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
We look forward to integrating Sven into the team next season, starting at the 2018 Baden Masters (August 24-26).
This season, Sven won the Mixed Doubles Nationals and will represent Switzerland again at the Worlds in Sweden with Michele Jäggi, starting on April 21. After this season, Jäggi’s future in competitive sport is still open.

wow. welcome back to sven. he'll be a strong addition to the team for sure. I'm glad to see him back in curling

hopefully jaggi can get a team together for next season. she was doing well for a while before stepping back. she was right there with tirinzoni, feltscher and ott

04-16-18 08:37PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Homan

http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports...her-next-season

04-16-18 10:47PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

Team Homan

I'm really glad to hear that Team Homan is staying together. They have been one of the most innovative teams in the history of the women's game. That said.

What the heck is going on? We all know about missing the medals at the Olympics, as did Team Koe. Despite that I had no doubt that both of these teams remained one of the best three in the world. Which Team Koe proved again this weekend by winning the Player's Championship. Team Homan?
0-5 and out! WTF?

This is a team that qualified for the playoffs in a record 18 Slams in a row. They seem to be mired in a slump of pretty epic proportions. Wonder what's up.

04-16-18 11:03PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Re: Team Homan

quote:
Originally posted by JB42
I'm really glad to hear that Team Homan is staying together. They have been one of the most innovative teams in the history of the women's game. That said.

This is a team that qualified for the playoffs in a record 18 Slams in a row. They seem to be mired in a slump of pretty epic proportions. Wonder what's up.

Like you and most other fans I too wonder whats going on. Whatever it is, I hope they get over it. I love this team.

04-18-18 06:57PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: Team Homan

quote:
Originally posted by JB42
I'm really glad to hear that

What the heck is going on? We all know about missing the medals at the Olympics, as did Team Koe. Despite that I had no doubt that both of these teams remained one of the best three in the world. Which Team Koe proved again this weekend by winning the Player's Championship. Team Homan?
0-5 and out! WTF?

Maybe pregnancy. It does weird things to your body, hormones, mental strength,

04-22-18 08:09AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I'm still waiting for news on matt wozniak. if he's still curling it's shocking to me that nothing has been announced yet. maybe he's stepping away

04-23-18 12:50PM
memelord is offline Click Here to See the Profile for memelord Find more posts by memelord Add memelord to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
memelord
Knee-Slider

Charley Thomas is teaming up with Adam Casey next season. Can be found on Facebook as Team Charley Thomas

04-23-18 02:15PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by memelord
Charley Thomas is teaming up with Adam Casey next season. Can be found on Facebook as Team Charley Thomas

2 years seems to be the max for Casey anywhere. Going for province 4 now at the brier. Wonder who "moves" to AB Casey or Janssen?

04-23-18 04:01PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i knew team thomas would make changes so not surprising. this could be a pretty good team. although, as the poster above said casey doesn't seem to be able to stick with a team more than a year or 2

05-08-18 07:44PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Tyler George is taking a break, Chris Plys is filling his spot on Team Shuster:

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Curling...m-elite-curling

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

05-08-18 08:27PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

What will he do with his new shoes?