Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 3 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-18-16 07:01PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Ontario Scotties

Hi Gerry: I was just looking over the sked for Ontario Scotties and noticed an error has been made. I'm pretty sure that J. Tippin and J. Hastings are playing against one another tonight. Maybe just fix that. Tnx.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-18-16 07:30PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Re: Ontario Scotties

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
Hi Gerry: I was just looking over the sked for Ontario Scotties and noticed an error has been made. I'm pretty sure that J. Tippin and J. Hastings are playing against one another tonight. Maybe just fix that. Tnx.

Nope. Tippin vs Hanna, Auld vs Hastings tonight.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

01-18-16 07:48PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Who are the announcers? Seem to be talking far too much.

01-18-16 08:02PM
CURLING NUTS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLING NUTS Click here to Send CURLING NUTS a Private Message Visit CURLING NUTS's homepage! Find more posts by CURLING NUTS Add CURLING NUTS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLING NUTS
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Ontario Scotties

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

Are there two J Hannas?

01-18-16 08:42PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: Ontario Scotties

quote:
Originally posted by CURLING NUTS

Are there two J Hannas?

Not in this event- Her lead is S Hanna.

01-18-16 08:59PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Danielle Inglis yep she is a bit more chatty than Cheryl bernard

01-18-16 09:07PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Looks like Middagh is being challenged by a "fawn". As expected Homan is ahead, Auld in command, the rest pretty close.

01-18-16 09:16PM
CURLING NUTS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLING NUTS Click here to Send CURLING NUTS a Private Message Visit CURLING NUTS's homepage! Find more posts by CURLING NUTS Add CURLING NUTS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLING NUTS
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ontario Scotties

quote:

Not in this event- Her lead is S Hanna.

lol They corrected their website error. They had Jen Hanna playing two games at one point.

01-18-16 09:23PM
newbroom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for newbroom Click here to Send newbroom a Private Message Find more posts by newbroom Add newbroom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newbroom
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

Is this on Rogers? What channel?

01-18-16 09:25PM
pdwar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pdwar Find more posts by pdwar Add pdwar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pdwar
Harvey Hacksmasher

Rogers. 369. At least for me.

01-18-16 09:37PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

2 more ends left and Rogers says goodnight after the Homan game shook. Don't they know how to switch their cameras over to another sheet?

01-18-16 09:56PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
2 more ends left and Rogers says goodnight after the Homan game shook. Don't they know how to switch their cameras over to another sheet?

Being setup in a curling club, it's possible they weren't able to move cameras to cover another sheet.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

01-18-16 09:57PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:

No...but I think the cameras are fixed to broadcast a certain sheet"

Boy Hastings didn't fare well against the experienced Auld.

01-18-16 10:50PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Ontario Scotties

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

I see you've fixed it. Good boy.

01-19-16 08:14AM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Looks like "fawn" was 1-up w/ hammer vs. experienced "does"

New program idea for Rogers - RISE OF THE FAWNS

Lets see if any of the so-called fawns and does can sting Homan....

"Rise of the Fawns"...nearly ruined the keyboard as I was drinking coffee when I read that one...it is possible but I have a feeling that Homan and team will be very focused and not allow any fawns to get close. I don't think Hastings will repeat as champion this year. Mrs. Kean also did very well against another former champ - Alison Flaxey...although an extra end, they still got the 'W'.

We might be seeing a new group of teams coming into power in Ontario. But I feel that Homan is pretty much unbeatable.

01-20-16 02:19PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Team Homan

so far.. so good

Statistics
Games: 3
Record: 3W - 0L
Extra Ends: 0W - 0L
One-Point Games: 0W - 0L
PF/G: 11.25
PA/G: 4.58
Hammer Efficiency: 0.69

Steal Defense: 0.15
Force Efficiency: 0.88
Steal Efficiency: 0.09

01-20-16 02:33PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Agreed! The whole team is pretty much unstoppable. You can't make any mistakes against her or else. If I am lucky maybe Ott-Am will ask them to pose for a photo with me. Sadly I am not a young child nor a cute infant so my chances are pretty slim.

01-20-16 03:01PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

carry a sign

curlerbroad loves Pinty's and Team Homan

they would go for that..

01-20-16 03:42PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

Tell them you came from Mexico.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

01-20-16 04:03PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

surprise of the event so far? definitely flaxey being 0-4.

01-20-16 04:35PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Sportsnet ON ( ch 405)

Televised: ON Scotties Sun Jan 24... SF -9 am ET

Final - 2 pm ET

01-20-16 06:32PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
I'd say defending champion Flaxey at 0-4 is the only one who can be ruled out for the playoff run.

Unfortunately, Jenn Hanna, now 2-2 might also be finished after taking an expected loss from Homan tonite!

I suspect 2-3 might still be viable - especially if Hanna can win 3 of her remaining 4 matches - to get to 5-4 and a possible tie-breaker or 4th outright.

7-2, 6-3 should be locks for 2nd and 3rd place in proceedings.

5-4 has a chance.

with all those teams at 2-2 5 losses isnt out yet. flaxey can only avoid 1more loss though, she basically has to run the table. they can but will they remains to be seen.

01-20-16 07:18PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

weird results

flaxey still has Homan and Auld ahead..

Seems she is just totally "off" this event
Who knows why.. but it is strange..

01-20-16 08:05PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: weird results

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
flaxey still has Homan and Auld ahead..

Seems she is just totally "off" this event
Who knows why.. but it is strange..

if i recall correctly she also started like this last year. that for the year previous.

01-20-16 08:06PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: weird results

quote:

She can still be a spoiler and show everyone last year's championship run wasn't a fluke.

And if Homan feels she's homefree for 1st place she might let down her guard and Flaxey may have an outside chance to topple her. On second thought, nahhhh!

hastings won last year