Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Richard Hart to coach Homan & Crew at the Scotties

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
12-08-14 03:13PM
radiowave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for radiowave Click here to Send radiowave a Private Message Find more posts by radiowave Add radiowave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiowave
Hitting Paint

Richard Hart to coach Homan & Crew at the Scotties

Interesting. I assumed they'd be looking for a permanent replacement for Earle, but it looks like they'll just have a coach for the bigger events. Maybe it's wise at this point to pick the brains of multiple sources rather then just hearing a recurring theme all the time. I wonder if the team incorporating more finesse shots into their strategy at the Canada Cup last week had any relation to this announcement?

I wonder about things, like, if we call an orange an "orange," then why don't we call a banana a "yellow" or an apple a "red"? Blueberries I understand, but will someone explain gooseberries to me?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-08-14 03:45PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

This is such great news. Rachael said she would have an announcement relative to guidance and coaching. Read it here.
From Twitter.....

http://teamhoman.com/blog/2014/12/8...-scotties-coach

12-08-14 09:15PM
CURLING NUTS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLING NUTS Click here to Send CURLING NUTS a Private Message Visit CURLING NUTS's homepage! Find more posts by CURLING NUTS Add CURLING NUTS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLING NUTS
Swing Artist

Considering his own curling and Team Homan's coaching gig, this boy is going to have a very busy winter.

12-09-14 12:16PM
Donr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donr Click here to Send Donr a Private Message Find more posts by Donr Add Donr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donr
Hitting Paint

It would appear he is only coaching the team at the Scotties in Moose Jaw in mid Feb. No mention that he would be working with them ahead of that event nor after.

12-09-14 12:54PM
radiowave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for radiowave Click here to Send radiowave a Private Message Find more posts by radiowave Add radiowave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiowave
Hitting Paint

It's tricky. I'd assume he's more of a consultant then coach, other then attending a couple of big events here and there. A lot would depend on the performance of Team Howard, which I expect to be a top 4 team.

It would seem pointless if it were just a one and done thing. I think they'll probably get work in between events that aren't conflicting.

I wonder about things, like, if we call an orange an "orange," then why don't we call a banana a "yellow" or an apple a "red"? Blueberries I understand, but will someone explain gooseberries to me?

12-09-14 02:00PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shawzy

quote:
Originally posted by radiowave
It's tricky. I'd assume he's more of a consultant then coach, other then attending a couple of big events here and there. A lot would depend on the performance of Team Howard, which I expect to be a top 4 team.

It would seem pointless if it were just a one and done thing. I think they'll probably get work in between events that aren't conflicting.

It would also help that both rinks will be at events like the Canadian Open this week so Richard could watch Homan's games between his own and provide feedback.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.64.79.130

12-09-14 04:11PM
radiowave
Hitting Paint

Good point.

I'd love to see them curl beside one another this week, that would be interesting viewing.