Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > Men’s Recharge with Milk 2018 Tankard Wednesday January 31st – Sunday February 4th

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-26-18 12:11PM
calico is offline Click Here to See the Profile for calico Find more posts by calico Add calico to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
calico
Knee-Slider

Men’s Recharge with Milk 2018 Tankard Wednesday January 31st – Sunday February 4th

I'm looking for a draw schedule with team names attached for the Tankard in Huntsville. The website doesn't have any names attached to the game times and I want to buy tickets to see specific teams. The "Stay Up To Date" pop up on the website does not work for me to get any updates. Anybody have any idea where else I could find this information?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-26-18 12:17PM
bpm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bpm Click here to Send bpm a Private Message Find more posts by bpm Add bpm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bpm
Harvey Hacksmasher

The tournament format is a triple-knockout this year, rather than a round-robin. So other than for the first draw (and second draw for those teams with a bye in the first draw), you'll have trouble planning things this way, unfortunately.

Here's a link to the draw, available on the CurlON website:
http://ontcurl.com/scoreboard/#!/competitions/2761/standings

(if the link doesn't work, go to www.ontcurl.com, click on "Draws/Scores", filter by choosing the "Tankard" box, then click on the "Dairy Farmers Of Ontario Provincial Championships" event, and click "Draws/Scoreboard" - it's that simple...kind of.)

01-26-18 01:50PM
calico is offline Click Here to See the Profile for calico Find more posts by calico Add calico to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
calico
Knee-Slider

Okay thanks for that. My interest just tanked. We booked a room a month ago but not driving 3 hours and price of a room for 2 nights if no guarantee that I can't even see teams I'm interested in.

01-26-18 05:03PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

prediciting the final 4:

i don't think the final 4 here will be as random as the women's event but there will be some surprises:

balsdon
howard
kean
bice

epping, who has been lacklustre all year will miss playoffs and this will be their final event together.

don't know where john would go from here . on paper this is probably the best team he's ever had. but it honestly might be a good idea for him to slip back from skipping. he has all the shots but calling the game is what seems to get to him. he is not a good strategist. linking up with someone else to skip while he plays 3rd might be a good idea

01-26-18 09:10PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by calico
Okay thanks for that. My interest just tanked. We booked a room a month ago but not driving 3 hours and price of a room for 2 nights if no guarantee that I can't even see teams I'm interested in.

I think you might have misread the draw. I was just looking at it. I don't know who your favouriite teams are, but if you are planning on staying on the Thursday and Friday night, with the proviso that you might stay on the Saturday if your favourite teams are still in the playoffs, this should work for you:

Leave on Thursday morning at about 10:30 or 11:00. At 2:30, you would see the two A semis, but more importantly for you the first C elim game. So, even if your favourite team is struggling and happens to be in that game, you can come out to cheer them on and improve their chances. Then at 7:30, you can catch the A final, as well as three B quarter finals. At 9:30 on the Friday morning, you can see two B semis and two C quarters (which are elim games of course). Thus, in three draws, you will have seen all the teams. Then at 2:30, you can see the B final and three more C elim games. On Friday night, you would see the final two C qualifiers. There would be no meaningless games by teams who have been eliminated and have to keep playing, or games with teams who have previously qualified and are just playing for fun. The bottom line is you would see all the teams playing at least once and more if they keep winning. As long as a team is playing, by definition they are still in it.

Then, if one of your favourite teams makes the playoffs, you can stay and watch on Saturday, just as you could before. The 1-2 game will be at 1:00, so even if you were not interested in the teams, you could stay and watch that game before heading home. The final will be on Sunday at 2:30, so you could leave after that game and be home at a reasonable time, weather permitting.

01-26-18 09:37PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Well Said

quote:
Originally posted by ott-am

I think you might have misread the draw. I was just looking at it. I don't know who your favouriite teams are, but if you are planning on staying on the Thursday and Friday night, with the proviso that you might stay on the Saturday if your favourite teams are still in the playoffs, this should work for you:

Leave on Thursday morning at about 10:30 or 11:00. At 2:30, you would see the two A semis, but more importantly for you the first C elim game. So, even if your favourite team is struggling and happens to be in that game, you can come out to cheer them on and improve their chances. Then at 7:30, you can catch the A final, as well as three B quarter finals. At 9:30 on the Friday morning, you can see two B semis and two C quarters (which are elim games of course). Thus, in three draws, you will have seen all the teams. Then at 2:30, you can see the B final and three more C elim games. On Friday night, you would see the final two C qualifiers. There would be no meaningless games by teams who have been eliminated and have to keep playing, or games with teams who have previously qualified and are just playing for fun. The bottom line is you would see all the teams playing at least once and more if they keep winning. As long as a team is playing, by definition they are still in it.

Then, if one of your favourite teams makes the playoffs, you can stay and watch on Saturday, just as you could before. The 1-2 game will be at 1:00, so even if you were not interested in the teams, you could stay and watch that game before heading home. The final will be on Sunday at 2:30, so you could leave after that game and be home at a reasonable time, weather permitting.

The triple knock out is by far the best way to get the best team to represent. Especially if it's not the modified triple used in slams. The A winner doesn't wait 3 days to play again but drops down to play B semi and again drop down to C

Lose 3 go home, win, keep winning and playing.

01-27-18 08:31AM
calico
Knee-Slider

Thanks Art M. for that explanation. Makes total sense. You just planned my week. 😊

01-27-18 03:17PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by calico
Thanks Art M. for that explanation. Makes total sense. You just planned my week. 😊

You're welcome. I hope you make it to Huntsville.