Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 35 of 37 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-24-13 09:33PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi

It's like that almost everywhere. But for what it's worth, I know some teams (Glen Howard comes to mind) have lobbied for the 1st place team to get hammer throughout the page. There is some merit to the argument as a reward for winning the round robin.

And the reward for winning the 1-2 game should be a free pass to the final and last rock!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-24-13 09:33PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Pretty much game over for MAnitoba, unless some miracle happens.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 96.45.3.99

02-24-13 09:35PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

I don't think anybody was stopping Rachel Homan tonight - what an incredible performance from a wonderful team. Kaitlyn Lawes brought her best game of the week but that wasn't enough - Jennifer missed a pair of makeable shots in end 7 and that's the game!

I'm sorry to see Manitoba lose, but I love the fearlessness of this young Ontario team - strike that, the new Team Canada! They will be tremendous representatives for Canada at the Worlds in Latvia.

And... to everyone saying that JJ's best days are over, this week has clearly proven otherwise. Another incredible week of curling from one of the best teams the country's ever produced. Just didn't have enough shots to get past the new champs!

Congrats to Rachel, Emma, Alison and Lisa! Will look forward to cheering these girls on at the Worlds!

02-24-13 09:36PM
Unregistered

Homan to Riga,Latvia. Yay!

02-24-13 09:36PM
Unregistered

The score doesnt reflect how good of a game its been.m

This will be JJ last appearance at the scott for a long time perhaps forever.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.85.186.225

02-24-13 09:43PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by doubletakeout
I don't think anybody was stopping Rachel Homan tonight - what an incredible performance from a wonderful team. Kaitlyn Lawes brought her best game of the week but that wasn't enough - Jennifer missed a pair of makeable shots in end 7 and that's the game!

I'm sorry to see Manitoba lose, but I love the fearlessness of this young Ontario team - strike that, the new Team Canada! They will be tremendous representatives for Canada at the Worlds in Latvia.

And... to everyone saying that JJ's best days are over, this week has clearly proven otherwise. Another incredible week of curling from one of the best teams the country's ever produced. Just didn't have enough shots to get past the new champs!

Congrats to Rachel, Emma, Alison and Lisa! Will look forward to cheering these girls on at the Worlds!

excellent post!

02-24-13 09:46PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
The score doesnt reflect how good of a game its been.m

This will be JJ last appearance at the scott for a long time perhaps forever.

???? Is she retiring? She will be in the Scott for 10 more years if she wants to be

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.75.6.92

02-24-13 09:47PM
Unregistered

Only one upset JJ didn't win is Chelsea Carey... Hoping for Chelsea next year to win MB.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.224.222.211

02-24-13 09:48PM
Unregistered

Wikipedia already has Homan listed as the winner.

02-24-13 09:50PM
Unregistered

Re: I Agree!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

I agree!

Jones will play out the string at next year's trials where she's auto-berthed (as is Homan)....

If she doesn't get the Olympic spot (Homan is now the TOP MONSTER) she'll try to win Manitoba and make her last foray to the STOH. After that, she'll be done imho.

When jenn brought lawes on she said it was a four yr development with kaitlyn, they'll be the favourite in winnipeg along with homan. Hopefully the home town will help jenn.

02-24-13 09:50PM
Unregistered

Curse of Cathy O continues.........

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.224.222.211

02-24-13 09:53PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

STOH results the last 9 years: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd. Where's the curse? Glenn Howard lost more finals than JJ has, is he cursed? Give it a break, this team's been totally consistent for a decade with COC and KL at third.

02-24-13 09:56PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Curse of Cathy O continues.........

Hmmm....you might have a point. Kaitlin is curling well...JJ not so much. Maybe the curse of the RRwinner?

02-24-13 10:02PM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

My thanks to all teams and players for a great week of curling.

And congratulations to the Ontario team on this victory and all the best in Riga.

02-24-13 10:05PM
Unregistered

Team Homan Victory Reaction talk about calm and sophisticated, should replay that scene side by side with Koe's Brier win,

which team looks like a bunch of school girls

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.138.20.74

02-24-13 10:06PM
kyoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyoh Click here to Send kyoh a Private Message Find more posts by kyoh Add kyoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyoh
Hitting Paint

quote:
Only one upset JJ didn't win is Chelsea Carey... Hoping for Chelsea next year to win MB.

Well Jones will be at the Olympics so it doesn't matter.

02-24-13 10:09PM
Unregistered

Hoping this victory starts a wave in women's curling that would have it play risk reward curling. Jj has always played that way but having homan play that way makes the games very entertaining and perhaps other teams will have to play that way to beat them. Very entertained tonight even though I was cheering fo mb

02-24-13 10:10PM
Unregistered

quote:
Team Homan Victory Reaction talk about calm and sophisticated, should replay that scene side by side with Koe's Brier win,

which team looks like a bunch of school girls

Ha! Are you serious!?!?!? Up by 3 with an open hit to win, compared to a draw to the pin?

Rachel and team had 2 or 3 ends to prepare for that!

Besides all that, who the hell cares!?!?! Must be nice to not have anything that excites you in life.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 206.45.51.208

02-24-13 10:15PM
Unregistered

quote:

Ha! Are you serious!?!?!? Up by 3 with an open hit to win, compared to a draw to the pin?

Rachel and team had 2 or 3 ends to prepare for that!

Besides all that, who the hell cares!?!?! Must be nice to not have anything that excites you in life.

Sorry Carter didnt mean to upset you

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.138.20.74

02-24-13 10:15PM
Unregistered

quote:

???? Is she retiring? She will be in the Scott for 10 more years if she wants to be

Manitoba Legend,

You agreed with my statement can you explain it ... thanx.

02-24-13 10:21PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

Absolutely incredible stuff from Homan and crew in the playoffs!
Unreal shooting, especially from Lisa with her accurate ticks and everyone else's great big weight ability.

Good Luck in Latvia, bring the trophy home!

02-24-13 10:28PM
ngm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ngm Click here to Send ngm a Private Message Find more posts by ngm Add ngm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ngm
Swing Artist

The winds of change are blowing through women's curling.

Unregistered

quote:

Manitoba Legend,

You agreed with my statement can you explain it ... thanx.

My guess is someone has the insight as to an announcement regarding what province she will be living in and hence not representing mb anymore.

dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Scotties 2013

Oh for the old days on CZ. J-Ho would be getting the party started. Booze would be flowing. The old boys club would be hootin' and hollern'. Oh, well, "cha cha cha changes."
I have this bottle of brandy that I have not touched since Amber won a couple of years ago. And now is a great time to break it out, and propose a toast. If UYK was here, (and I am sure she is), she would complain that we are all just a bunch of drunks. To heck with her. (And God bless her as well.) I work a job where I am segregated and isolated in a dry camp for 21 days at a time. Let's have a drink, dammit.
I propose a toast to the past, present, and future. The past, a wonderfull showing by Nova Scotia. A slow start, but in the end you did yourselves proud. Thank you. Please come back The present, to Team Ontario, the champions, congratulations. Holy crap Rachel Homan. Eye of the frigging tiger or what. Also congratulations to team Manitoba. A great round robin. Ran out of gas in the playoffs. After the year you had, understandable. Rest, recharge. Next year and trials coming. To the future. I believe with Team Homan Canada's international fortunes will be in good hands for many years to come. Although I predict Saskatchewan wins the Scotties next year!!(You heard it here first.) Despite all the bitching from the pundits, a great, entertaining Scotties. Thank you Curlers!
SKOALLL!! (Oh man, is that smooth! Cough, hack!)

02-24-13 10:29PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

Did Lisa really make 72 ticks shots during the week?

UN-REAL :worship: