Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 21 of 37 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-19-13 09:54PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

i just want to say the way they handled the coverage was total bs. two other games being played and they leave the air for a #@#**&# hi-lite package of hockey.

tsn if u dont want curling, hand it over to rogers and sportsnet!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.85.186.225

02-19-13 09:55PM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
i just want to say the way they handled the coverage was total bs. two other games being played and they leave the air for a #@#**&# hi-lite package of hockey.

I agree, brutal sit done and waste two hours and 30 minutes for this. BS!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-19-13 10:06PM
Unregistered

quote:

I agree, I was pissed. I was sitting there waiting for them to jump over to the other games and instead they cut to 15 minutes of hockey highlights..Bull**** right there.

Especially since the defending champion was right next door

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

02-19-13 10:10PM
Unregistered

i dont know what stat u were lookin at but Officer curled 83% and is 2nd in shooting% for the week.

Unregistered

Late surge and collapse?

Nova Scotia gets their second win of the day, 7-5 over Saskatchewan

Could Nova Scotia mount a late charge and is this the beginning oif my predicted Saskatchewan collapse?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

sooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sooner Find more posts by sooner Add sooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sooner
Hitting Paint

Thumbs down

absolute garbage

02-19-13 10:11PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

"Jillian Gump" shot 83%, same as Askin and Jones. Maybe got off to a rough start in the game but clearly found her way back.

02-19-13 10:17PM
Unregistered

Re: Late surge and collapse?

quote:
Nova Scotia gets their second win of the day, 7-5 over Saskatchewan

Could Nova Scotia mount a late charge and is this the beginning oif my predicted Saskatchewan collapse?

NS could easily finish 6-5 and with some luck and a good game, defeat Ont on Thurs night and could finish 7-4. They would be real dark horses at this time had they not dropped that first one to Que. Losing to Can, BC and Man was to be expected and the only other monster team left is Ont. I like what I've seen in the highlights since losing to MB. Mary anne seems to have her draw weight.

Hoping for a win out and some drama in the standings.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.224.222.211

02-19-13 10:18PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by freezetothehack

I agree, brutal sit done and waste two hours and 30 minutes for this. BS!

Hopefully alot complain, accepting what tsn did and saying is just womens curling, blah blah blah
is wrong

Curling has given alot of viewership over the years, the curling fan deserved better.

02-19-13 11:13PM
Unregistered

Yesterday ML was throwing dirt on the Nova Scotia squad now he thinks they can grab a playoff spot

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.250.205.64

02-19-13 11:58PM
Unregistered

quote:
Yesterday ML was throwing dirt on the Nova Scotia squad now he thinks they can grab a playoff spot

Manitoba butthead, contradicting ... NAH NEVER!

If jones goes 9-2 in the round robin, he'll have her written off, just watch.

btw,
I'd bet alot of money his tsn login name is shakemeister.

02-20-13 08:54AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Question

quote:

May I suggest ... My Settings -> Edit Ignore List -> add Manitoba Legend -> Update List

02-20-13 08:58AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Sask has to play the Tormentors from Team Can tomorrow and they could rapidly be free-falling.

First battle of undefeated MONSTERS tomorrow. Homan vs. JJ. One monster will remain undefeated, the other takes a few bite marks and an L.

Looks very much like Nedohin, Homan & Jones will finish some form of 1,2,3 so they still have to battle for a spot in the 1-2 game.

Fourth place is the mystery meat at 7-4 will clinch easily, 6-5 could be a series of tie-breaks. Coco Jones a longshot for 7-4 but very much alive for 6-5

I thought the Monster bash was TC vs MB. Hyper Heather against Jumpin' JJ. Should be an interesting one...too bad it is in the afternoon.

02-20-13 09:24AM
FollowingAlong is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FollowingAlong Click here to Send FollowingAlong a Private Message Find more posts by FollowingAlong Add FollowingAlong to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FollowingAlong
Swing Artist

quote:

Agreed! I couldn't believe it when they were wrapping up the coverage with other games still on the ice in spite of the fact that they still had 15 minutes left in their scheduled coverage slot. Not what we're used to from TSN at all as they usually hang in there until the last rock of the last game. What was particularly irksome was, as you point out, cutting to a hockey hi-lite package that they were ing to regurgitate five more times over the next hour regardless.

As for handing the coverage over to Rogers/Sportsnet, let's hang in there with TSN for a bit. Remember a few years back when the CCA decided to sign a deal with CBC for the Season of Champions package and we all begged them to cancel that deal and give the coverage back to TSN. I suspect last night was a one-off situation.

02-20-13 10:02AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Guest

May I suggest ... My Settings -> Edit Ignore List -> add Manitoba Legend -> Update List

Lol-my guess is if you did that, the thread would be reduced from 26 pages of boring, repetitive love odes to Jones and Homan, into 4 pages of decent, interesting comments.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.121.225.221

02-20-13 10:11AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by FollowingAlong
Remember a few years back when the CCA decided to sign a deal with CBC for the Season of Champions package and we all begged them to cancel that deal and give the coverage back to TSN.
As I recall, the really big issue with CBC's coverage was their decision to put many of the draws on their "Bold" channel, which many people did not subscribe to

02-20-13 11:18AM
Wally Curler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wally Curler Click here to Send Wally Curler a Private Message Find more posts by Wally Curler Add Wally Curler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wally Curler
Harvey Hacksmasher

My Wednesday morning Scotties thoughts
http://hurryhardblog.blogspot.ca/20...t-scotties.html

02-20-13 12:06PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi
As I recall, the really big issue with CBC's coverage was their decision to put many of the draws on their "Bold" channel, which many people did not subscribe to

CBC also used to just cover the feature game and not go to other sheets at the conclusion of the the feature. TSN usually covers the games to the end. They do a pretty good job overall I think.

02-20-13 12:29PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Lol-my guess is if you did that, the thread would be reduced from 26 pages of boring, repetitive love odes to Jones and Homan, into 4 pages of decent, interesting comments.
I'm tired of seeing that but ugly avatar of Clinton. Bring back the bank robber avatar.

02-20-13 12:45PM
bradn87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bradn87 Click here to Send bradn87 a Private Message Visit bradn87's homepage! Find more posts by bradn87 Add bradn87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bradn87
Hitting Paint

Jones has the highest team %, but if the deeper stats are right, Heather Nedohin and Rachel Homan will play in the Scotties final, and Nedohin will win.

Detailed analysis here: http://www.curlingscoops.com/news/2...-the-top-teams/

02-20-13 01:49PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

I think it's hard to read too much into these "trend" stats since so much also depends on which teams they played against. There are so many indicators you could look at, for example, what was each team's percentage playing against Newfoundland? or against Nova Scotia? There are so many weird things about curling that the stats are helpful as a general comparison, but hard to extract too much meaning from them. Ultimately the only stat that matters at the end of the week is the wins and losses, and then it depends who catches on fire during the playoffs.

02-20-13 01:56PM
ngm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ngm Click here to Send ngm a Private Message Find more posts by ngm Add ngm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ngm
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by bradn87
Jones has the highest team %, but if the deeper stats are right, Heather Nedohin and Rachel Homan will play in the Scotties final, and Nedohin will win.

Detailed analysis here: http://www.curlingscoops.com/news/2...-the-top-teams/

You can't make a few plots with Excel, eyeball them, and decide you see some sort of "trend", and call any of this "the deeper stats".

02-20-13 02:05PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by doubletakeout
I think it's hard to read too much into these "trend" stats since so much also depends on which teams they played against. There are so many indicators you could look at, for example, what was each team's percentage playing against Newfoundland? or against Nova Scotia? There are so many weird things about curling that the stats are helpful as a general comparison, but hard to extract too much meaning from them. Ultimately the only stat that matters at the end of the week is the wins and losses, and then it depends who catches on fire during the playoffs.

Stats are also heavily influenced by gameplay. All else being equal, a team that gets an early lead is likely to play more open the rest of the game leading to a higher % on 'easier' shots.

02-20-13 02:10PM
bradn87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bradn87 Click here to Send bradn87 a Private Message Visit bradn87's homepage! Find more posts by bradn87 Add bradn87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bradn87
Hitting Paint

If you want trendlines, confidence intervals, and P values, we have them. That stuff was left out of the article because it's just jargon to the average reader and would just confuse people.

Stats are about pointing at the most likely outcome based on what has happened in the past. It's not a guarantee, obviously. With the one-game-decides-all format of the Scotties, any team who finds themself in the championship game could win it, regardless of any stat. Don't take it too seriously, NGM, it's just for fun.

02-20-13 02:39PM
Unregistered

Smile

A little better crowd today, i have confidence in kingston