Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > New CurlingZone Website Design

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 2 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
08-17-17 03:12PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

CZ's new do

Congratulations on the new CZ layout. It is going to be tough for the dyslexic who are flipping to the left side for their scores. :-) It is nice and clean looking on the PC - haven't checked the android version on my handhelds yet - but wtg. Take a few days off.
EDIT - just as we always review our posts - I went to see the link on the main page - and it wasn't there. Is there a moderation delay Gerry? Just wondering. Posted about 2:10 EDT - checked 2:15 - nada. Not a biggy but... ~~nel

Last edited by nelski on 08-17-17 at 03:15PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

08-17-17 04:38PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

New CurlingZone Website Design

As you can likely see, we've done some work on the website and just launched the new design today. We've added a lot more teams and player content, the world ranking, and stats rankings and also added some analytics to the site.

It's not 100% complete as we're going to see some bugs pop up but we're pretty happy with things so far.

Please post your feedback here, what works for you and what could use some updating/fixes yet.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

08-17-17 05:16PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

updating of the front threads is now fixed. Thanks Nelly!

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

08-17-17 08:16PM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

The new layout looks great!

08-17-17 08:31PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Where is the list of posts in order by date that used to be down the RHS of page?

08-17-17 11:30PM
SmokeyJoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SmokeyJoe Find more posts by SmokeyJoe Add SmokeyJoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SmokeyJoe
Hitting Paint

Re: New CurlingZone Website Design

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry
As you can likely see, we've done some work on the website and just launched the new design today. We've added a lot more teams and player content, the world ranking, and stats rankings and also added some analytics to the site.

It's not 100% complete as we're going to see some bugs pop up but we're pretty happy with things so far.

Please post your feedback here, what works for you and what could use some updating/fixes yet.

I like what I see so far. Nice work Gerry!

08-18-17 04:01AM
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Where is the list of posts in order by date that used to be down the RHS of page?

Thanks for the note. That is something I should be able to add back in.

EDIT: This is now fixed, you should see the latest posts now on the left hand side when browsing the forums/posts.

08-18-17 01:14PM
jimivey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jimivey Click here to Send jimivey a Private Message Find more posts by jimivey Add jimivey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimivey
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: New CurlingZone Website Design

quote:

The mobile layout is now extremely painful. Each click requires scrolling through pages of ads before getting to content.

I realize the site is at least partially funded by selling ad space, but there's got to be a way to clean up the mobile version a little so it's not just ads drowning out content.

Thanks for all your work.

08-18-17 02:01PM
amandabulge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amandabulge Click here to Send amandabulge a Private Message Visit amandabulge's homepage! Find more posts by amandabulge Add amandabulge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amandabulge
Hitting Paint

Hi Gerry
I see the mens teams but I don't see anywhere on the site for womens teams. Amanda Great new site though

08-18-17 05:25PM
Gerry
CZ Founder

Re: Re: New CurlingZone Website Design

quote:
Originally posted by jimivey

The mobile layout is now extremely painful. Each click requires scrolling through pages of ads before getting to content.

I realize the site is at least partially funded by selling ad space, but there's got to be a way to clean up the mobile version a little so it's not just ads drowning out content.

Thanks for all your work.

Thanks Jim, working on the placement of content but also the making links go to specific parts of the site. We're working through this and hope to continue making improvements. It's always a challenge when creating a responsive site.

08-18-17 05:25PM
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by amandabulge
Hi Gerry
I see the mens teams but I don't see anywhere on the site for womens teams. Amanda Great new site though

Thanks for the note Amanada. I've fixed the problem in Teams and you can see all teams now.

08-18-17 05:37PM
amandabulge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amandabulge Click here to Send amandabulge a Private Message Visit amandabulge's homepage! Find more posts by amandabulge Add amandabulge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amandabulge
Hitting Paint

Thanks Gerry.

08-18-17 09:33PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Thanks for the note. That is something I should be able to add back in.

EDIT: This is now fixed, you should see the latest posts now on the left hand side when browsing the forums/posts.

Thanks, I see them there today.

08-21-17 09:44AM
Skid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skid Click here to Send Skid a Private Message Find more posts by Skid Add Skid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skid
Harvey Hacksmasher

The "edit buddy list" in settings comes up with an error. Do not know what edit buddy list is.

08-21-17 09:46AM
Skid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skid Click here to Send Skid a Private Message Find more posts by Skid Add Skid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skid
Harvey Hacksmasher

Under teams i still can only see the mens teams. Maybe i am missing something on how to get to the women's teams.

08-21-17 09:52AM
Skid
Harvey Hacksmasher

Will there be another link to Facebook beside on the bottom of the forum page.

08-21-17 01:27PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Teams

quote:
Originally posted by Skid
Under teams i still can only see the mens teams. Maybe i am missing something on how to get to the women's teams.

When you click on the teams tab it defaults to mens. Once there If you look down from the top of the page there's another row of tabs with mens womens jrs etc

click womens

08-21-17 01:40PM
Skid
Harvey Hacksmasher

Thanks the other teams are showing up now. Could not see them before maybe need new glasses.

08-21-17 06:38PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

oh, how I miss that (new posts) when I log in.......

08-22-17 10:42AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I don't know why but I had a lot of trouble getting in. I'd try logging in and I'd always get back " can't be found on this server" . Finally got in using my tablet.

New design does look good. Nice job guys

08-22-17 08:20PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

Re: posts

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1
oh, how I miss that (new posts) when I log in.......

Yes me too I hope this can be added back.

08-23-17 01:05PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

Re: Re: posts

quote:
Originally posted by prairie guy

Yes me too I hope this can be added back.

its at the top of the page

08-23-17 02:58PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Re: posts

quote:
Originally posted by dugless_zone 13

its at the top of the page

Great appreciate the heads up!

08-27-17 09:57PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Athlete History

Did you purposefully eliminate the athlete history from the site? I'll keep looking - it is one of my favourite features. :-(

Good to see who knows whom, and who has history with other teams.

08-27-17 11:36PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Just trying to find my way around the new site. Seems to be very busy and I'm having to look for the posts which seem to be overpowered by lots of bold print, graphics that make no sense, and fairly stretched out because of space used up in "posters" name column. But, enjoy the forum and will get used to it.