Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 7 of 10 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-25-17 10:56AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

Re: WOW - CAN U IMAGINE?

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
What the Russian team and Anna Sidorova in particular are feeling?

The woman who seldom shows joy on the ice - sheds some tears as Russia advances to their first final with Canada's Rachel Homan.

Knocking off the best individual curler in the world (Muirhead) and then the athletic and fine-shooting Swedes in back to back affairs.

Well done Anna Sid.

Welcome to Mean Girl City!

agree with your comment M.L. as curling goes some players show little emotion when their team is up or down on the score board , in this case Anna Sidorova had a reason to smile during her game against Sweden, SHE KNOWS that it won't be a single bronze medal this time around more like a silver or even a gold medal will be up for grabs

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-25-17 01:21PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

I think the relationship between Eve and Anna is akin to Jones and Officer, Hard to get rid of an old friend even if it costs games.

03-25-17 01:27PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Re: WOW - CAN U IMAGINE?

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Knocking off the best individual curler in the world (Muirhead) and then the athletic and fine-shooting Swedes in back to back affairs.

Well done Anna Sid

Please enlighten me.
When did "Anna Sid" defeat"the best individual curler in the world"?

It wasn't this week!!!

03-25-17 02:30PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

Lol Guido, calling out Manitoba Loser every time he writes something dumb is a full time job.

03-25-17 05:12PM
Frozencanuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Frozencanuck Click here to Send Frozencanuck a Private Message Find more posts by Frozencanuck Add Frozencanuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frozencanuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

Why I dislike the page playoff system

Let me see. Canada beat Russia in a playoff game to advance Canada to the final. Who do they play? Russia. Sweden beat Scotland in a playoff game. Who do they play for Bronze? Scotland. While I do not want Canada, or Sweden for that mater, to lose, if they did it would certainly illustrate the absolute stupidity of Page playoffs.

Last edited by Frozencanuck on 03-25-17 at 05:24PM

03-25-17 05:32PM
golfbuddy43 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for golfbuddy43 Find more posts by golfbuddy43 Add golfbuddy43 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
golfbuddy43
Harvey Hacksmasher

The bronze medal game is being televised on TSN at 10 PM.

03-25-17 05:44PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

Re: Why I dislike the page playoff system

quote:
Originally posted by Frozencanuck
Let me see. Canada beat Russia in a playoff game to advance Canada to the final. Who do they play? Russia. Sweden beat Scotland in a playoff game. Who do they play for Bronze? Scotland. While I do not want Canada, or Sweden for that mater, to lose, if they did it would certainly illustrate the absolute stupidity of Page playoffs.

Yes, this is the strongest argument against it.

There are two simple and fair ways to run a round robin:

1. Just do the round robin and end the tournament after it is complete. This can be quite anticlimactic, though.

2. Do the round robin, then run three playoff games as follows:
#4 vs. #3
Winner plays vs. #2
Winner plays vs. #1 in the final

The second system is my favourite. No ridiculous second chances in the playoffs, and a well-deserved direct path to the final for the round robin winner. If the organizers want to keep at least four playoff games for revenue reasons, they could expand the playoff ladder to include the #5 team as well.

03-25-17 06:29PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: Why I dislike the page playoff system

quote:
Originally posted by EPMD

Yes, this is the strongest argument against it.

There are two simple and fair ways to run a round robin:

1. Just do the round robin and end the tournament after it is complete. This can be quite anticlimactic, though.

2. Do the round robin, then run three playoff games as follows:
#4 vs. #3
Winner plays vs. #2
Winner plays vs. #1 in the final

The second system is my favourite. No ridiculous second chances in the playoffs, and a well-deserved direct path to the final for the round robin winner. If the organizers want to keep at least four playoff games for revenue reasons, they could expand the playoff ladder to include the #5 team as well.

every system has its faults really.

we see the fault with the page system

the olympic style has its faults and i think its quite obvious why

in a situation like this where canada could go in undefeated and possibly lose to russia after bating them 2 other times the solution might be to play more than one final. have it be a modified best of 5. the round robin and page meeting would count so canada would start with a 2-0 edeg and only need to win 1 more game while russia would need to win 3 times in a row.

there's always gonna be a flaw with how things are done

the "end the tournament after the round robin " thing doesnt make any sense to me. you should have to actually play for a medal in some way

03-25-17 06:40PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

quote:
tough unless they adopt a different or new playoff format we are stuck with same ole system which has worked for decades so don't get hot and bothered under the collar okay?

03-25-17 06:46PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

lets sit back and enjoy watching the Bronze medal; game

and the way Sweden played last two games I would like to think that Eve Muirhead has a good shot at winning the bronze medal

03-25-17 07:22PM
Donr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donr Click here to Send Donr a Private Message Find more posts by Donr Add Donr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donr
Hitting Paint

quote:

The page system is not responsible for the bronze medal game That was hoisted onto teams to make 1 more draw to get more ticket sales It is clear to everyone that Sweden is the bronze medal winner.

03-25-17 08:23PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Donr

The page system is not responsible for the bronze medal game That was hoisted onto teams to make 1 more draw to get more ticket sales It is clear to everyone that Sweden is the bronze medal winner.

The bronze medal game for the Scotties also included CRTS points. Made it an important game.

03-25-17 08:59PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Can't understand why some numbscull decided to award the

World Women's Curling championship to Beijing.

Here we have a city of nearly 22 million which, in addition

to having 2 curling clubs which only the wealthy can afford,

has a pollution problem that's 20 times worse than safe

where levels aren't just high but astronomical! Where it is

considered insane to walk outdoors for more than 5 minutes

without a face mask, or to drink the 'tap water'.

It is fortunate that Homan has a registered nurse for a

2nd Stone. She may be required to do much more than shoot

a 85% average!

Should the curling population of Beijing grow leaps and

bounds over the next 10 -15 years, I'll tip my hat to the

above-mentioned numbscull. In the interim, I won't be looking

around for a hatter.

03-25-17 09:08PM
Donr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donr Click here to Send Donr a Private Message Find more posts by Donr Add Donr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donr
Hitting Paint

Re: Re: Re: Why I dislike the page playoff system

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1

The bronze medal game for the Scotties also included CRTS points. Made it an important game.

Well that is even more of a dumb ass decision.

03-25-17 09:21PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
Can't understand why some numbscull decided to award the

World Women's Curling championship to Beijing.

I.

Can you say 2022 winter olympics in Beijing, It is often called a test event,

03-25-17 09:23PM
curlky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlky Click here to Send curlky a Private Message Find more posts by curlky Add curlky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlky
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Donr

That may or may not be the case. But if it werent created before, if would 100% have been created now due to points. Team points for qualification into events, and at Worlds, country points for Olympic qualifying

03-25-17 09:56PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Can you say 2022 winter olympics in Beijing, It is often called a test event,

Yes, I am aware the 2022 Winter Olympics will also take

place in Beijing. My numbscull friend must have a brother!!!

03-25-17 10:34PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

WTF

Did I miss something or why is TSN2 showing meaningless tennis instead of the scheduled bronze game? Good Lord TSN get your act together. If you show that your one of your 6 channels is carrying the curling, why in the blue blazes aren't you showing it?

03-25-17 10:40PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

We are watching it on. World curling.org

03-25-17 10:40PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Last edited by Ajay on 03-25-17 at 10:45PM

03-25-17 10:46PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Thanks. Looks like my local provider had it in their listings but TSN removed it. Laptop better than nothing.

03-25-17 10:46PM
Jeff Breeze is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Breeze Click here to Send Jeff Breeze a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff Breeze Add Jeff Breeze to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Breeze
Harvey Hacksmasher

Anyone have a clue how to watch this in the US? NBCSN doesn't have it, even on their app, and they are geoblocking it on World Curling's stream and YouTube site. This has been an abysmal week of coverage after the joys of getting ESPN to pick up every Scotties and Brier draw. Way to help foster the love of a sport.... grumble grumble <long string of expletives deleted>

03-25-17 11:12PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

Universal HD in the 7S

Jeff,
I'm watching it right now on Universal HD. Channel 569 if you have DirecTV.

03-25-17 11:19PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Well, im pissed. Tsn had the Bronze medal game on its schedule but they never switched to it. Instead they stayed on coverage of the tennis tournament in miami

I'm hoping there is a better reason than Canada wasn't involved so forget about it

Last edited by misty1 on 03-25-17 at 11:22PM

03-25-17 11:25PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

I happened to be watching that tennis earlier. There was a lengthy delay due to rain. Maybe they expected it to be done by now and must fulfill some commitment?