Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Kingsbury to Leave Homan Team

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
06-27-18 07:33AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Kingsbury to Leave Homan Team

Just read this article from TSN's morning mail. Thought I'd share it.
https://www.tsn.ca/coach-kingsbury-...dailynewsletter

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

06-28-18 08:52PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Best news possible for team Homan. He wasn't really any good as a shrink to the team and his coaching was limited anyway. They need to bring back their most successful coach or hire his son.

06-28-18 10:58PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

She became too big and arrogant to respect Earle as a coach. They don’t deserve him.

06-29-18 08:06AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
She became too big and arrogant to respect Earle as a coach. They don’t deserve him.

I'm wondering if this is a personal thought or is this fact. Just a question.

06-29-18 09:12AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

The last game he coached her, she called a time out. While Earle was coming, she remarked to her team with a smirk on her face , "I really don’t need him, I just want to tell him what I’m doing". Being miked, everybody heard her.

07-03-18 02:42PM
curlky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlky Click here to Send curlky a Private Message Find more posts by curlky Add curlky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlky
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
The last game he coached her, she called a time out. While Earle was coming, she remarked to her team with a smirk on her face , "I really don’t need him, I just want to tell him what I’m doing". Being miked, everybody heard her.

Don't assume that this is due to disrespect. Sometimes a timeout is called because it is not clear what the shot should be. But other times, a timeout is called to give the sweepers a rest before a big shot if they are fatigued, or just to make sure 100% that everyone understands the shot, and where the OK miss can be and where the miss would need to be.

Rarely does a team call a timeout, have no idea on what to call, and need the coach to give an answer. The coach is really there to help be a neutral party on whether A or B is a better shot. I think a good coach asks why you like a call, to make you be able to justify why it is a good shot. If you cant justify, then you should not call the shot.

I played in a pretty competitive event with a coach, and in the last end we called a timeout. Coach walks out and asks why in the hell did you need me to come out, the shot is obvious. My response was ice has been super heavy the last couple ends, we sweepers are tired, and an extra 90 second break before we sweep end to end for a shot for the game would be a welcome break. He agreed, we bsed for a minute, then he went on his way.

07-06-18 08:50PM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlky

Don't assume that this is due to disrespect. Sometimes a timeout is called because it is not clear what the shot should be. But other times, a timeout is called to give the sweepers a rest before a big shot if they are fatigued, or just to make sure 100% that everyone understands the shot, and where the OK miss can be and where the miss would need to be.

Rarely does a team call a timeout, have no idea on what to call, and need the coach to give an answer. The coach is really there to help be a neutral party on whether A or B is a better shot. I think a good coach asks why you like a call, to make you be able to justify why it is a good shot. If you cant justify, then you should not call the shot.

I played in a pretty competitive event with a coach, and in the last end we called a timeout. Coach walks out and asks why in the hell did you need me to come out, the shot is obvious. My response was ice has been super heavy the last couple ends, we sweepers are tired, and an extra 90 second break before we sweep end to end for a shot for the game would be a welcome break. He agreed, we bsed for a minute, then he went on his way.

Thanks for that explanation curlky. I'd rather think your way than believe that Team Homan was ever disrespectful to Earl

07-10-18 07:02PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Ah, it's only July and the bashing begins with Ajay's and M.L.'s resentful musings.

Can the other Jones idolizers be far behind?

07-11-18 07:10PM
kallaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kallaker Find more posts by kallaker Add kallaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kallaker
Knee-Slider

Why does anyone read this Manitoba Legend person? His idolizing/stalking of Jennifer Jones is just maximum creepy. The rest of the time he's a major windbag bragging about himself.

I think he's the reason why there are so few people posting here now.