Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 4 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-11-15 09:22AM
minimalist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for minimalist Find more posts by minimalist Add minimalist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
minimalist
Knee-Slider

Why list all sorts of statistics on the official standings page if they aren't used, or even computed correctly?

PTS (3 for WIN, 2 for EEW, 1 for EEL) seems like a much better tie-breaker than SO(DSC).

Women
Pätz 12
Homan 11
Middaugh 10
Sweeting 9
Muirhead 9
Sidorova 9
Nedohin 8

Men
McEwen 15
Jacobs 12
Bottcher 10
Koe 9
Epping 9
Howard 9
Gushue 8

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-11-15 10:48AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Well done Wayne Middaugh

Lucky Team Bottcher having the savvy Vet Wayne lead
them into the Quarters...

great experience for them and maybe chance for some Alberta Sponsorship?

Wayne -Gushue.. interesting!

04-11-15 03:29PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Women: Euros face Canadians in both Semis...

Seems like the World Champ Women finally ran out of gas ( like Edin)

Sidorova has really improved her game over the past few seasons...
Sweeting will have it tough slowing Anna's Momentum and drive to win..

Muirhead-Homan will be decided on the Thirds..Miskew- Sloan Matchup
Eve Muirhead and Homan are fiarly evenly matched..

GSOC is without a doubt staging the BEST curling on the planet..

Nice that TV fans can actually hear the game on the ice without a constant blast of TSN music and endless chatter in the booth..

Kevin Martin is an "educator".. nice addition to the Team.. bet CCA would never be smart enough to make him Team Canada Coach..

04-11-15 06:18PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Thumbs up Wayner Middaugh gets it done

The (Alberta) Bottcher crew are getting invaluable experience here... Tom Appleman(32) started to challenge a bit at the end but basically you know Wayne is sure of his calls and usually his execution

Epping will get buried by Mike McEwen and their precise game.
One thing I like most about the McEwen Team is that they are a true Team.. work like a well-running machine, understand each other and Mike is a give and take Skip..secure enough to let the teammembers have their input.
No wonder they are top of the Planet..but for those worlds.... They and Team Edin are a very bright future for Mens curling

Not forgetting the Fierce Jacobs Foursome from the Soo who will likely end the Bottcher run in the SF..)...

Val Sweeting is a better shotmaker than Sidorova.. but depends on full team execution who gets to the final.
Both Muirhead and Homan are question marks as they both have such hot and coold games because of their thirds..

Dont sleep in tomorrow.. full day of the top 8 teams...

Last edited by HotRocks on 04-11-15 at 06:21PM

04-11-15 07:26PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Semis.../Finals Sunday

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
- Sherry Middaugh has always been either slightly over-rated or slightly under-rated. In any event she's approaching retirement and still putting up good fights
----------------
- Jennifer Jones -
One last crack next year w/ the auto-berth into the STOH. . . . trying for a record 6th Scotties title. Expect a lesser schedule for Jones with Dawn's pregnancy. Kaitlyn seems to have found two things more important than curling:
1. Scott Moir & 2. Nail-polish - - - - she didn't seem as invested this week in Jones' anguish!

(1) Sherry Middaugh (48) has stated she will go for the 2018 Olympic berth ( yet again)...she just loves the game..just doesnt seem to want to leave it behind her...
Now Wayne will be playing full-time next season as Howard's third.. guess its back to the family living on the ice all winter
--------------------------
(2) You likely have the best perspective on the Jones situation... this year was not the "usual" when its an experienced fact that Teams from the Olympics seem to have a real "bounce" year
With Dawn having a new-born start of next season and being the "backbone" of the jones game.. hard to know where this goes..Jill is 40... Jones 41..so a tough road, maybe with an Olympic.. 2018 target in the "game plan"...
------
(3)
There is slim pickings in the Canada Women's pool right now...I keep waiting for Homan to really show some consistency but she always seems to find ways to fall off events....??
-------------------
Jacobs-McEwen final Sunday.. can Brad and Team upset the cart??

04-11-15 11:40PM
Loony is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Loony Click here to Send Loony a Private Message Find more posts by Loony Add Loony to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Loony
Swing Artist

Re: Semis.../Finals Sunday

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks

You likely have the best perspective on the Jones situation...

Oh please. He has no perspective whatsoever about anything concerning Jones and her team (or most other teams for that matter).

04-12-15 12:51AM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Sidorova's rink doesn't always get the respect they deserve.

They've played very well this season, and right now at this event they're on fire. If they can keep it up tomorrow they will win it all.

McEwen is blazing, unless he slips up he'll win this one too.

I wish I could make the men's final, but I have to drive home to Chicago tomorrow...if anyone wants my two tickets and will be around Mattamy tomorrow let me know.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

04-12-15 08:00AM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Men's Final Tickets - Free

I have two tickets to the men's final today that I can't use. If anyone wants them their yours. First come, first serve.

Section E7, Row D, seats 20-21.

I'll be there for the semis and women's finals today, wearing an orange hoodie. Come find me in my seats or try to watch for me in the lobby of Mattamy...they aren't scanning tickets until you get to the fourth floor, so you can enter the building without a ticket. If you really want to be a stalker (ha ha), I'll be parked in the lot just East of the arena on Church street. Should be the only car with an Illinois plate.

I didn't post this any sooner because I was trying to find people in person who would want them. I'm also not going to exhange them online via Ticketmaster because I have to head out in a minute and I've used enough foreign mobile data as it is, ha ha ha.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

04-12-15 09:01AM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Semis.../ Finals Sunday

quote:
But right now I'd have to rate Sweeting as the best team in Canada. Even with the bitter loss to Jones @ STOH. Those gals seem to get along splendidly. Val is a close second to R. Homan in technical brilliance but probably the better touch curler right now vs. Homan or Jones.
Doesn't call the crazy all-offense game of Jones but not quite as conservative as Homan either. Nicely balanced. [/B]

Well thought out.. I like Sweeting as Top W team as well.. she did well this past season given the upheavals...
Lori O-J has everything including supporting her skip.. She is an A player with off moments but if she can balance her busy family responsibilities with being elite with Val they could be STOH winners next season
Interesting SF match today against fierce ( 24) Sidorova...

04-12-15 10:25AM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Wall to wall coverage of the semi's:

Sportsnet: McEwen v. Epping

CurlingGeek:
- Homan v Muirhead
- Jacobs v Bottcher/Middaugh
- Sweeting v Sidorova

All live now. https://games.curlinggeek.com

04-12-15 01:44PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end
Gee, European rinks have 8 wins and 19 losses. I sure hope the CCA gets on the ball and does something to stop the world's curling domination.
Yeah, you spoke too soon there..All-European final for the women's side.

And I'm really excited to watch the bronze medal game!

04-12-15 01:56PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke
Yeah, you spoke too soon there..All-European final for the women's side.

And I'm really excited to watch the bronze medal game!

The men's final is all-Canadian and the women's final is two European countries. How that it equates to global curling domination is beyond me.

04-12-15 02:19PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Can't find women's final on TV. What am I missing? Is it available livestream somewhere...?

04-12-15 02:22PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Not sure about your area but here it's on The Score

04-12-15 02:49PM
Gerry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

If you can't find SN360 (formerly The Score), you can watch it through Sportsnet NOW if you have a Canadian Cable account:
http://now.sportsnet.ca/

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

04-12-15 04:45PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Sportsnet has approx. 5 channels in most cdn. markets. The Curling has been bouncing around from channel to channel this week, playing 2nd fiddle to soccer, motor-racing and NHL hockey. So you've really got to go thru your full spectrum of channels to try and find it!

this is why i wish curling was big enough to have a dedicated channel. that would be pretty cool. of course there are other things to consider such as broadcasting rights

04-12-15 04:50PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Thumbs up Nice money for Team Muirhead

Looks Like Eve and Team are getting over $88,000 for this Win

Good for them.. a very interesting Women's final

Seems like the Sidorova Team have practiced blanking
with hammer so much it baffled them when they couldn't
blank the 8th.
Well played..Sidorova is a very good athlete and that Team is gonna be
headaches for their competitors a few years now....

Nice end to Eve's year

04-12-15 09:26PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Sweep it all the way, and still too deep. Tough way to lose.

04-12-15 09:31PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Where is that fudgy slide path when you need it.

04-12-15 09:31PM
Claire Marie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Claire Marie Click here to Send Claire Marie a Private Message Find more posts by Claire Marie Add Claire Marie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Claire Marie
Harvey Hacksmasher

Wow, just wow. What amazing players on both teams. Glad to see Team Jacobs win their first GS at this Players' Championship. That win was pretty subdued so I don't think anyone can complain about them this time.

04-12-15 09:32PM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by guido
Sweep it all the way, and still too deep. Tough way to lose.

OMG
I'm hurting

04-12-15 09:35PM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Claire Marie
Wow, just wow. What amazing players on both teams. Glad to see Team Jacobs win their first GS at this Players' Championship. That win was pretty subdued so I don't think anyone can complain about them this time.

Really. They celebrated what they thought was a losing game turning around on the last rock. Just a bit too vigorous. This time the game was even. Could have gone either way.

Congrats Team Jacobs on a great win, and congrats to team McEwan for playing so well all season.

04-12-15 09:37PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Claire Marie

wtf???

04-12-15 09:47PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

While on paper Jacobs won two games, the reality is that the opposition lost the games. There is a difference.

04-12-15 10:34PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Not to the bank account.