Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2016 Players' Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 8 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-15-16 01:27PM
kwojtalik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kwojtalik Click here to Send kwojtalik a Private Message Find more posts by kwojtalik Add kwojtalik to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

Re: Re: Final Mens Draw at 7:00 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

Last round-robin draw will be streamed live (and free) here:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/curling/wat...s-championship/

Thanks Gerry

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-15-16 01:36PM
chinabar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chinabar Find more posts by chinabar Add chinabar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chinabar
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by BobbyS

You are correct the top two teams skipped worlds. But, the Bronze Medalists were Kasner & Kalhtoff. They are who is in Sweden representing Canada.

My mistake-the third place team did go to represent Canada.

04-15-16 01:43PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by chinabar
That's right-actually the top three teams from the Canadian Championship skipped going to the worlds when offered the opportunity. Canada will get serious about this "olympic sport" two weeks before the Olympics actually start. Stoughton is having fun jet setting around having a good laugh at this joke called Mixed Doubles.

"We" need to take it seriously enough to qualify for the olympics first. Mixed doubles is an 8-team tournament at the Olympics, and South Korea has an automatic entry....meaning Canada needs to be ranked in the top 7. The qualifying window is still a ways off, but I believe we're currently only ranked 6th or 7th.

04-15-16 02:28PM
drawthepin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for drawthepin Click here to Send drawthepin a Private Message Find more posts by drawthepin Add drawthepin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drawthepin
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Donr
After shaking my head at the stupidity of his comments i have finally put Manitoba Legend on ignore.......Jeez what took me so long.
I did this weeks ago and I enjoy coming to the site much more now

04-15-16 03:40PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

Re: Re: no legal way to watch, it seems

quote:
Originally posted by nom_de_broom

I'm in the US and purchased the Grand Slam of Curling Sportsnet package and it's worked all year for me. That's not a FREE legal option, but it's a legal option for you. I feel like it was good value for the money. The layout of the site is confusing, but, hey, I can watch the game live or replay them later, so I'm pretty happy.
Edit to add URL: https://watch.sportsnet.ca/gsoc/secure/registerform

Thanks. I did stumble onto that link myself last night, but it looked like it was for PCs only, and I didn't want to spend $15 without knowing for sure if I'd still be geolocked. I prefer to go through mobile devices, just because I can easily throw those to my full TV, which I can't do with my older PC. The mobile Sportsnet app isn't available in the US iTunes store, and even though it's free, the Canadian store needs a Canadian credit card to make it work.

If it were earlier in the season, I might have still paid for this and used the PC option. This is good to know, and I may try that next season.

04-15-16 05:17PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Re: no legal way to watch, it seems

quote:
Originally posted by Observer

Thanks. I did stumble onto that link myself last night, but it looked like it was for PCs only, and I didn't want to spend $15 without knowing for sure if I'd still be geolocked. I prefer to go through mobile devices, just because I can easily throw those to my full TV, which I can't do with my older PC. The mobile Sportsnet app isn't available in the US iTunes store, and even though it's free, the Canadian store needs a Canadian credit card to make it work.

If it were earlier in the season, I might have still paid for this and used the PC option. This is good to know, and I may try that next season.

It's well worth it, IMO. With the exchange rate, I paid something like $60 USD for the season. The replay option is really nice, and goes back several years which is cool.

Maybe before next season check with Sportsnet about mobile functionality in the US.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

04-15-16 07:36PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Is anybody getting the livestream from the link posted above? It does not work here on either computer or tablet.

04-15-16 07:42PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Is anybody getting the livestream from the link posted above? It does not work here on either computer or tablet.

working good for me.

04-15-16 08:08PM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1

working good for me.

http://www.thegrandslamofcurling.co...-koe-vs-jacobs/

is working for me. I have to agree to have something in order to see it but I hit ok and I get to see it

04-15-16 08:33PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

I googled sportsnet.ca/curling and am getting a perfect picture and great sound.

04-15-16 08:41PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Jacobs 7, Koe 1. Final. Good game.

04-15-16 08:54PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

Tank job by the best curling team ever. Classy.

04-16-16 06:56AM
kwojtalik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kwojtalik Click here to Send kwojtalik a Private Message Find more posts by kwojtalik Add kwojtalik to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
Jacobs 7, Koe 1. Final. Good game.

Funny how there are no headlines about this...if Koe had beat Jacobs there would be

04-16-16 07:22AM
Claire Marie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Claire Marie Click here to Send Claire Marie a Private Message Find more posts by Claire Marie Add Claire Marie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Claire Marie
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by kwojtalik

Funny how there are no headlines about this...if Koe had beat Jacobs there would be

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. I was delighted to see them win and by so much.

04-16-16 08:30AM
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

Tie Breaker

will the scores be posted?

04-16-16 08:37AM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

More concerned about 4-1 Jones playing 2-3 Sweeting. Sweeting basically drifted into the playoff round because there were 4 worse teams than her. However, she couldn't have asked for a better opponent than Kamikaze Jones in the QF. Jones is always beatable if you can get an early lead and make her chase. Always helps if JJ is a bit out of sorts - which is happening with alarmingly more frequency.

Val might actually have the better team. Lori O seems to rise to pressure occasiona where Kaitlyn Lawes tends to tighten up. Ferguson is always

capable of beating Jilly. Brown and Dawn are fairly equal - although Dawn obviously has the storied reputation (well deserved). If Val can conquer her nerves she can conquer Jones.

The continuous singling out of Jones for criticism has become beyond tired. The woman is beyond prime curling age and she now has one young child with another on the way. It's almost guaranteed she is not spending as much time as in the past on the practise ice and age (for a female curler) may be catching up with her.

We get it, you can't stand her and will take every opportunity possible to single her out and be negative. Others have put you on ignore and I've felt 'why, everyone is entitled to their opinion'. But your bias is just so great that I'm getting exceptionally close to doing similar.

Last edited by rick8end on 04-16-16 at 09:08AM

04-16-16 08:43AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Re: Tie Breaker

quote:
will the scores be posted?

Sure will be

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

04-16-16 09:03AM
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

Great.
Thanks Gerry

04-16-16 09:10AM
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end

The continuous singling out of Jones for criticism has become beyond tired. The woman is beyond prime curling age and she now has one young child with another on the way. It's almost guaranteed she is not spending as much time as in the past on the practise ice and age (for a female curler) may be catching up with her.

We get it, you can't stand her and will take every opportunity possible to single her out and be negative. Others have put you on ignore and I've felt 'why, everyone is entitled to their opinion'. But your bias is just so great that I'm getting exceptionally close to doing similar.

I happen to agree with ML

04-16-16 09:21AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Nerves?

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
If Val can conquer her nerves she'll conquer Jones.

Still cant figure out what goes wrong with Team Sweeting...on a regular basis ..
The Team is as talented as any.. yet they just cant seem to close the door on winning
They have another new "coach".. maybe they can find what is holding them back..

04-16-16 09:42AM
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

Re: Nerves?

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks

Still cant figure out what goes wrong with Team Sweeting...on a regular basis ..
The Team is as talented as any.. yet they just cant seem to close the door on winning
They have another new "coach".. maybe they can find what is holding them back..

Do they have a sports psychologist as part of their team? Maybe they need to seek assistance in this area.

04-16-16 09:48AM
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

boy you have a wild imagination ML

04-16-16 09:53AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Kelsey Rocque

Cant see why this Team needs any changes..
They just beat 2015 world champ Paetz last night..

ML- you seem to never support Crocker.. who rocked a 90% in that game..
Adding late-30's curlers to this young, rising Team serves no purpose whatever..
in fact would likely ruin the great Team Chemistry..

04-16-16 10:00AM
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:

I happen to agree with ML

He's right about Jones's style and the fact that she has been off form this year for sure. But there are 8 QF games and he starts by using only one and guess whom he criticizes. I'm not the biggest Jones' fan. I'm just tired by the constant repetition of the same insults and the "fawning" over certain other players. Can someone explain how to 'ignore' certain posters. Thanks.

04-16-16 10:07AM
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

I do not understand the speculation of any of the Alberta teams but do agree with the speculation of the Jones team. Having two babies is not the same as one (especially when you are in your 40s), training, job commitments, curling commitments etc. I guess we shall see how they fair.