Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 11 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-16-18 02:58PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Deliverer may not know the rules but come on CurlerBroad, you know that a touched stone cannot be stopped by the offending team
after the far hog line ( check your rule book)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-16-18 03:28PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
Finally, the two sweepers, as well as the Skip, were all very aware When that rock was burned. To be correct, to be ethical, to be professional, that rock should have been removed immediately - while the rock was still in motion - before Homan could even blink.

If you're going to go on a big rant, you should at least know the rules. It's clear from this paragraph that you don't.

02-16-18 03:43PM
Curling fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curling fan Click here to Send Curling fan a Private Message Find more posts by Curling fan Add Curling fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curling fan
Harvey Hacksmasher

I'm in BC,and had to get up at 5 am for work.I watched till the end of the 8th,went to sleep content that Canada had this game in hand.Was shocked when I checked the score this morning.
To say that they need to win tonight is an understatement,It will either be the beginning of a long way back,or the end of their Olympic dream.
Personally I'm no great fan of Team Homan, but of course as Team Canada I'm cheering for them.

02-16-18 03:43PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Deliverer may not know the rules but come on CurlerBroad, you know that a touched stone cannot be stopped by the offending team
after the far hog line ( check your rule book)

My point was that the offending team should not have a problem with the other team making a decision...

Section 9 of the rules:
Inside the hog line at the playing end: (a) If a moving stone is touched, or is caused to be touched, by the team to which it belongs, or by its equipment, all stones are allowed to come to rest, after which the non-_‐offending team has the option to remove the touched stone and replace all stones that were displaced after the infraction to their original positions; or leave all stones where they came to rest; or place all stones where it reasonably considers the stones would have come to rest had the moving stone not been touched.

02-16-18 03:47PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Obviously you don't know the rules nor have you seen the incident. The Danish skip pointed it out immediately. Homan walked up, shoved it out of the way with her broom and the Dane had to go and retrieve it from the field of play.

Shame on the Danes? She didn't say a word. Unless standing there stunned a breach of protocol. Any lack of grace in that end was totally by Homan.

02-16-18 05:01PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

im no have of team homan but it's quite disgusting to see how easily canadians turn on them. not just here but some of the stuff on twitter is just unreal

do i believe she should have left the rock alone? yes but i won't attack her for it

game against the US might be make or break it. in this field 4 losses could get something but does this team have the resiliance to recover from 0-4 down.

like i said they havent had to deal with anything like this before so it will be interesting to watch how they respond

it won't be easy tonight. nina roth will not be afraid. she's very goof technically and mentally strong as a rock. nothing seems to frazzle her. she's also one of the best at the draw/soft weight shot in the world today. if she's on her game she'll give rachel all she can handle. in the 2 times she's played rachel she has given her everything she could. there's no reason to think tonight will be any different.

Last edited by misty1 on 02-16-18 at 05:09PM

02-16-18 05:14PM
RaiseDoubleFTW is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RaiseDoubleFTW Click here to Send RaiseDoubleFTW a Private Message Find more posts by RaiseDoubleFTW Add RaiseDoubleFTW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RaiseDoubleFTW
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
"Professionals have only one job, namely: follow the rules and win.

Other's have addressed your ludicrous comment about how the Dane's should have removed the rock immediately. I'd like to point out why the above part of your post is incorrect.

I did have a whole diatribe about the intent of rules etc, but it comes down to this:

If Homan had said "I think the shooter was going to push shot stone out the back and then roll out the side, so I am taking both out of play." that would have been 100% 'within the rules'.

Are you saying that you would have agreed with her doing that?

02-16-18 05:48PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

The post-match interviews were predictable but interesting. Homan doubled down on her decision by telling Colleen Jones that they have had their rocks removed before when they burned them so she felt justified removing this rock. Dupont said that she has never seen anyone outright remove a rock in that situation and that karma will get them eventually.

But I agree with others upthread...the real shock is how many key shots Rachel has missed. Her last shot against Sweden (draw came about 6 feet too deep) was overswept and amateurish, and her last shots against Denmark (ordinary takeouts) were worse than club level.

02-16-18 06:08PM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by IMWright

Me, pouting? Nope. Doesn't impact me. I'm just making an observation and thinking in the honor, etiquette, and spirit of the sport, what was done does not meet that standard. Within her right and rules to do it? Yes. Being in the honor, etiquette, and spirit of the sport, nope.

And calling someone an ahole makes you even more classless. Better that than a troll, I suppose.

^ Good post.
Jamcan loves to go around these boards calling people all sorts of names. Clearly, it's how he makes his immature and insecure self feel 'better'.
Anyone who's read jamcan's posts on this Forum cannot be at all surprised that what decent people view as being classless and wrong, jamcan considers wonderful.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

02-16-18 06:30PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by RaiseDoubleFTW

Other's have addressed your ludicrous comment about how the Dane's should have removed the rock immediately. I'd like to point out why the above part of your post is incorrect.

I did have a whole diatribe about the intent of rules etc, but it comes down to this:

If Homan had said "I think the shooter was going to push shot stone out the back and then roll out the side, so I am taking both out of play." that would have been 100% 'within the rules'.

Are you saying that you would have agreed with her doing that?

The Dane's should have removed their rock immediately, you say? Well they didn't have time to even breathe and Homan had it out of there. They certainly didn't have a chance to remove it.

02-16-18 07:09PM
Buzzzardd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buzzzardd Click here to Send Buzzzardd a Private Message Find more posts by Buzzzardd Add Buzzzardd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buzzzardd
Harvey Hacksmasher

Does anyone know why CC installed their own coach and 5th player to Team Holman? I am not sure how it could ever help, but we are seeing first hand, how it can destroy an established team dynamic.

No knock against Renee, she might be the greatest coach in the world, but she has not gone through the highs and lows with the team. She has not earned, nor does she have, the respect of the team. Emma's comment at the fifth end break was "why would she say that", followed by laughter from herself, Rachel and Cheryl.

Every time there has been a time out called, Renee has come out and the team has missed the next shot. In the tenth end against Denmark, she got them to change from a peel nose hit for the win, to a tougher pick. Then they go on to miss.

It seems really strange to me, that someone who has never coached this team, would be added just before the biggest event of their lives. Do you think the Jays, Raptors or Leafs, would change coaches, when they get to their league championships.

I hope Manitoba Legend is right, that she won't come out during time outs anymore. Her input is obviously not working and something has to change.

Winning eight straight games to win the gold medal is not out of the question for this talented team. But I think they have to do it their way, the way that got them there in the first place.

02-16-18 07:10PM
RaiseDoubleFTW is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RaiseDoubleFTW Click here to Send RaiseDoubleFTW a Private Message Find more posts by RaiseDoubleFTW Add RaiseDoubleFTW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RaiseDoubleFTW
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1

The Dane's should have removed their rock immediately, you say?

Nope. I didn't say that at all.

02-16-18 07:12PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

In the right can still be wrong

Mike and Joan each did their scripted 1/2 back peddle which I'm sure they were forced to do by CC and the broadcasters. . Said they didn't agree with it but "It's in the rules"
Joan said 20 years ago no question remove it. That's irrelevant in TODAY'S curling.
Still lost respect of the players and most viewers, especially skip of Denmark based on her remarks and snide grin of disbelief in her interview with Jones.

02-16-18 07:53PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Just replayed the video and could not hear emma say anything in fifth end break about coaches, what was said?

02-17-18 07:58AM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by alex
Just replayed the video and could not hear emma say anything in fifth end break about coaches, what was said?

It was after the coach had walked away, and it sounded as if Emma said, "I'm sorry, what did she say?" which generated laughter from the team. I have no idea if it was in reference to the coach or not, but the coach had indeed just made a pep talk to the team about "clarity."

Team Canada finally put it together against Team USA, and Team USA really helped by playing quite poorly. The rest of the field won't do that, and I just hope that at the end of the round robin, Canada is not going to rue that loss to Denmark. That's the one that never should have happened.

02-17-18 08:29AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I was just reviewing the standings and it came to mind how many times GBR has started world and Olympic events weak in the standings and clawed back to the medal round. Many. CDA is in the thick now, and out of the funk, "the start of our come-back" as they said themesleves at the end of the USA game. Good Luck. #GoCdaGo

02-17-18 08:32AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Does anybody have an answer to this question: If the Danish burned rock had been the last rock of the game - as well as the game winning rock - would you still consider it "unsportsman like" to remove that rock?

02-17-18 10:15AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

ML - your "shot pelters" are also now known as "rock pullers"

02-17-18 10:35AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

The rule book says " a touched stone cannot be stopped by the offending team after the far hog line". decade 02/16/18

Are you sure?

I thought it stated that inside the hog line, at the playing end, all stones can be allowed to come to rest after which the Non-offending team has the option to remove the touched stone...etc.

I have yet to find any rule which states it is not permissible for for an offending team to stop and/or remove a moving burned rock whether it's half way down the ice or after it has passed the hog.

02-17-18 10:54AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
The rule book says " a touched stone cannot be stopped by the offending team after the far hog line". decade 02/16/18.Are you sure?.I thought it stated that inside the hog line, at the playing end, all stones can be allowed to come to rest after which the Non-offending team has the option to remove the touched stone...etc. I have yet to find any rule which states it is not permissible for for an offending team to stop and/or remove a moving burned rock whether it's half way down the ice or after it has passed the hog.

rationale: if you throw a stinker, that might end up really BAD for you, you are NOT allowed to kick it off, or burn it. (of course), hence, no removal from play after hog. Let it come to rest then non-offending team can decide preferred outcome.

02-17-18 10:59AM
dks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dks Click here to Send dks a Private Message Find more posts by dks Add dks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dks
Hitting Paint

Curling Canada's code of ethics would certainly support the non removal of the burned stone. The spirit of the rule is to have the stones in the original place had the stone not been touched.
Yes, Homan's team may win gold, but, their decision to remove that stone will always be a blemish on the spirit of curling. If Homan was really adamant about rules she wouldn't allow her front end to be in the house when the opposition is delivering. That is certainly against the rules.

02-17-18 12:28PM
RaiseDoubleFTW
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
The rule book says " a touched stone cannot be stopped by the offending team after the far hog line". decade 02/16/18

Are you sure?

I thought it stated that inside the hog line, at the playing end, all stones can be allowed to come to rest after which the Non-offending team has the option to remove the touched stone...etc.

I have yet to find any rule which states it is not permissible for for an offending team to stop and/or remove a moving burned rock whether it's half way down the ice or after it has passed the hog.

Kind of an irrelevant distinction.

The rule doesn't say 'cannot be removed...', but whether the rock is grazed by a broom or kicked off to the side and taken back behind the house, the situation is still the same.

All the rocks come to rest and then the non-offending team has the same three options.

02-17-18 12:48PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

It was her choice to remove the stone. But, they way she went about it was terrible. No communication, nothing - she was in there so quick to get it out of there and banging it with her broom - she could have hit the other one lying behind it.

Doesn't much matter - she lost anyway!!

There are rules - but in the game of curling there is respect, and the way she went about it, she lost mine. She could have showed some class. Not that I ever remember her showing any before.

Here is a new CBC story:

https://olympics.cbc.ca/news/articl...lympic-win.html

02-17-18 01:12PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I have a lot of respect for Renee. I think she's getting a bad wrap here. She has coached Olympic curling and knows the sport. She isn't "Olga". The coach has many roles and is not the enemy. No comments by her were included in CBC's comeback story (above). Conspicuous absence. TenBux says it was her choice to refrain.

02-17-18 02:14PM
sooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sooner Find more posts by sooner Add sooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sooner
Hitting Paint

bet barnard wishes she wasn't there.