Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 8 of 15 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-05-17 02:06PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

just for a change of venue here ,presently in Guelph

Curling Club attending the National Master's in Guelph , very well received here (everyone over the age of 60 plus) how can you not have a great time? Ed Hackner the "iceman" and his Northern Ontario is still undefeated here at 5 and 0 , The Yukon men's team from Whitehorse C.C. threw a big scare into them earlier nearly beating Hackner , only on final shot having hammer to win game ....all in all having only seen one draw sofar , the best curling is yet to come, from both men's and ladies teams .Ahhhh the most popular thing is reaching for some pain remedy as so many have aches and strains ( sucks to get old aye)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-05-17 02:33PM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

Re: just for a change of venue here ,presently in Guelph

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler
Curling Club attending the National Master's in Guelph , very well received here (everyone over the age of 60 plus) how can you not have a great time? Ed Hackner the "iceman" and his Northern Ontario is still undefeated here at 5 and 0 , The Yukon men's team from Whitehorse C.C. threw a big scare into them earlier nearly beating Hackner , only on final shot having hammer to win game ....all in all having only seen one draw sofar , the best curling is yet to come, from both men's and ladies teams .Ahhhh the most popular thing is reaching for some pain remedy as so many have aches and strains ( sucks to get old aye)

"Ed Hackner" .....too funny.

04-05-17 03:01PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I have watched a few JPN games and would not be dumbfounded if they defeated CDA this aft. And... Yes. Al Hackner is having a good Masters in Guelph and so is MB rep Gwen Wooley of Minto... former Lois Fowler 3rd. 5-0. GoMBgo

Edit... I am dunbfounded. It was a slaughter. Expected better. Don't go by my predictions. Hah.

Last edited by nelski on 04-05-17 at 06:17PM

04-05-17 05:47PM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
I have watched a few JPN games and would not be dumbfounded if they defeated CDA this aft. And... Yes. Al Hackner is having a good Masters in Guelph and so is MB rep Gwen Wooley of Minto... former Lois Fowler 3rd. 5-0. GoMBgo

It is 7-2 currently with Team Canada dominating yet another opponent. If they are healthy and the lineup is intact only Edin has a chance against them.

I would be dumbfounded if the lost to anyone else.

I played against an AL Hacker in Hibbing a few years back. If ED is close in talent, he is a damn fine curler.

04-05-17 06:24PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

im well aware of h2h but if we just judged everything by H2H then this event and any other shouldnt be played . anything can happen in a curling game and he hasnt beaten gushue that much but he still has so the possibility is there.

i dont care that much about the rankings. to me that honestly doesnt matter in this event. shuster has had a pretty poor season but he's still a playoff contender and a favorite for a medal over norway for sure

norway most likely will not beat canada not unless gushue is off. its pretty hilarious that you think norway has a good chance against canada just because they have never played before yet you gave china no chance yet liu had beaten gushue before. yes, china lost but i struggle to see how canada is a winnable game for norway yet china beating them was out of the question. is that simply because the 2 have never played before?. norway has lost to every other one of the medal favorites except scotland so id like you to explain that one.

Sure, keep ignoring the facts, see how far that's gotten you.

I never said Norway has a good chance to win, I said Brad is the fav no doubt, but someone suggested that Brad will take out Norway easily, when they have never met before, so Norway is unknown to them, so you can't say that Canada will dominate them for sure. Norway has perhaps shown their inexperience, but they are still a better team than how they have played this week, if they are back next year they should improve, but all of their losses have been to decent teams who have been here before, so I would not say they haven't been that good, and yes since Norway are one of the top ranked teams here and maybe the 2nd best young team in the world, why can't they beat Canada.

Liu played Brad only once before and that was a few years ago, so I wouldn't put so much stock in it to say that China will beat Canada, and they did not.

Last edited by Stoner on 04-05-17 at 06:46PM

04-05-17 06:38PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by guido

What is the title of this thread???
But, since you brought it up, there are only 3-4 teams in the world with a better chance than Edin to beat Gushue. And they are all from Canada.

Ok, so the HTH's for all teams: vs. Swiss 5-5, Russia 1-0, Sweden 12-2, Scotland 16-2, US 5-1, China 1-1, Germany 1-0, Dutch 3-0, Japan 2-1, Italy 1-1, Norway 0-0.

I find it almost laughable that people are saying Edin has a chance vs. Brad, when really he doesn't have much of one, if people are looking for a team to beat Brad they should be looking at the Swiss, although Brad has won their last 3 meetings and maybe Norway.

Last edited by Stoner on 04-05-17 at 07:02PM

04-05-17 07:20PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Tonight's draw winners: Scotland, Norway, China and Swiss.

04-05-17 07:52PM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner

As Meatloaf once said, "two out of four ain't bad"

04-05-17 08:04PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Sure, keep ignoring the facts, see how far that's gotten you.

I never said Norway has a good chance to win, I said Brad is the fav no doubt, but someone suggested that Brad will take out Norway easily, when they have never met before, so Norway is unknown to them, so you can't say that Canada will dominate them for sure. Norway has perhaps shown their inexperience, but they are still a better team than how they have played this week, if they are back next year they should improve, but all of their losses have been to decent teams who have been here before, so I would not say they haven't been that good, and yes since Norway are one of the top ranked teams here and maybe the 2nd best young team in the world, why can't they beat Canada.

Liu played Brad only once before and that was a few years ago, so I wouldn't put so much stock in it to say that China will beat Canada, and they did not.

what does that first part even mean. quite frankly i dont care about how many i have gotten right and wrong. im doing this for fun. you appear to be taking it way to seriously

im not denying norway is a good team. 2nd best young team in the world? not really. dunstone, decruz and smith are all better than them and thats not all of them. they have a bright future. do i think canada will crush them? i dont know, depends how they play. however if i was going to rank teams on likelihood of upsetting canada here id have a good 4 or 5 teams ahead of them.
but as i have said before anything can happen in a game and i personally am rooting for them to get these next 3 wins and, who knows, maybe that'll get them something.

i just thought it was a little funny that you were making it sound like you;d like norway's chances of beating canada better than china's.

04-05-17 08:07PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

russia looking very likely to go winless here. netherlands was their best chance of getting a win

04-05-17 08:24PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

what does that first part even mean. quite frankly i dont care about how many i have gotten right and wrong. im doing this for fun. you appear to be taking it way to seriously

im not denying norway is a good team. 2nd best young team in the world? not really. dunstone, decruz and smith are all better than them and thats not all of them. they have a bright future. do i think canada will crush them? i dont know, depends how they play. however if i was going to rank teams on likelihood of upsetting canada here id have a good 4 or 5 teams ahead of them.
but as i have said before anything can happen in a game and i personally am rooting for them to get these next 3 wins and, who knows, maybe that'll get them something.

i just thought it was a little funny that you were making it sound like you;d like norway's chances of beating canada better than china's.

Ok, you know what it means, you just want to ignore the fact that Gushue dominates Edin and that Edin does not have a very good chance of winning and the rankings and that they do matter, not taking it serious, just stating facts compared to what you are saying.

Dunstone haven't been as good as them, De Cruz I don't consider to be young, Smith are the best IMO, that's why I said Norway were 2nd, the other team that can be mentioned is Bottcher.

Well Norway do have a better chance than China because they are a better team.

04-05-17 08:25PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
russia looking very likely to go winless here. netherlands was their best chance of getting a win

Russia still has to play Germany, so they still have one more decent chance, pretty surprising they did so well at Euro's.

04-05-17 08:29PM
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

quote:

How does Europe defend all those spots with Russia, the Netherlands, Germany and a weaker Norway bringing up the rear?

04-05-17 08:42PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Ok, you know what it means, you just want to ignore the fact that Gushue dominates Edin and that Edin does not have a very good chance of winning and the rankings and that they do matter, not taking it serious, just stating facts compared to what you are saying.

Dunstone haven't been as good as them, De Cruz I don't consider to be young, Smith are the best IMO, that's why I said Norway were 2nd, the other team that can be mentioned is Bottcher.

Well Norway do have a better chance than China because they are a better team.

as i said if you just look at H2H then just dont even play the tournament, whats the point. gushue has a positive H2H against everyone so that dictates he will win. im well aware of facts and statistics but anything can happen. thats why they actually play these games

dunstone hasnt done as well this year but dunstone has also played in canada against tougher opposition. walstad has played almost exclusively in europe. im not so sure walstad would have done as well as he had if he'd come and played in canada more. they also have a higher ceiling

as far as de cruz not being young thats a joke. he is 27 years old. thats only 2 years older than brendan bottcher at 25. steffen walstad is 26 or 27 himself . hoiberg is 25, nedregotten is 26 and lindstrom is 27. so how is it that walstad and bottcher are young but decruz is not

04-05-17 08:44PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by TJNCJ

How does Europe defend all those spots with Russia, the Netherlands, Germany and a weaker Norway bringing up the rear?

europe defends all those spots because as strong as the asian women are the asian men arent nearly as strong and until the men start doing well on a consistent basis then the argument that europe should lose a spot and asia gain one isnt going anywhere.

so its not really a case of europe defending the spot as asia not making a strong enough argument to get a 3rd spot on a whole yet.

the asian women certainly could make a case but you cant give asia one more womens spot and not give it to the men

04-05-17 09:28PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

as i said if you just look at H2H then just dont even play the tournament, whats the point. gushue has a positive H2H against everyone so that dictates he will win. im well aware of facts and statistics but anything can happen. thats why they actually play these games

dunstone hasnt done as well this year but dunstone has also played in canada against tougher opposition. walstad has played almost exclusively in europe. im not so sure walstad would have done as well as he had if he'd come and played in canada more. they also have a higher ceiling

as far as de cruz not being young thats a joke. he is 27 years old. thats only 2 years older than brendan bottcher at 25. steffen walstad is 26 or 27 himself . hoiberg is 25, nedregotten is 26 and lindstrom is 27. so how is it that walstad and bottcher are young but decruz is not

You can also say if you don't look at the HTH then don't make predictions, what's the point. You could maybe say anything can happen, but still I'd give Edin only a 20% chance of beating Gushue at most, so the chances are small. The Swiss have a good HTH with Gushue, so they have a better chance.

So what if Walstad mostly played in Europe, according to how they do the rankings he still did better, you can't speculate on how he would do in NA.

Actually I've looked and I can't find Walstad's age, so I don't think you know it either, he's probably younger than what you say since he's pretty new.

Last edited by Stoner on 04-05-17 at 09:31PM

04-05-17 09:30PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

europe defends all those spots because as strong as the asian women are the asian men arent nearly as strong and until the men start doing well on a consistent basis then the argument that europe should lose a spot and asia gain one isnt going anywhere.

so its not really a case of europe defending the spot as asia not making a strong enough argument to get a 3rd spot on a whole yet.

the asian women certainly could make a case but you cant give asia one more womens spot and not give it to the men

Actually the Korean mens team is better than the Dutch, German, Russian and Italian teams, Japanese team is only slightly better than Korea.

The Asian Women only have 2 spots still now.

Last edited by Stoner on 04-05-17 at 09:33PM

04-05-17 09:51PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Actually I've looked and I can't find Walstad's age, so I don't think you know it either, he's probably younger than what you say since he's pretty new.

Walstad played in the WJCC in 2010 so you can roughly put him at 26 or 27 as Misty said,

04-05-17 10:04PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

SKIP: Steffen Walstad
BIRTHDATE: February 10, 1989
BORN: Oppdal, NOR
LIVES: Oslo, NOR
FAMILY: Single
STARTED CURLING AT: 12
HOBBIES: Tennis, Yoga
DELIVERS: Right
YEARS ON TEAM: 2
SPEAKS: English, Norwegian, Swedish, German

go to the official website through Curling Canada and the site has the official media guide.

Last edited by dugless_zone 13 on 04-05-17 at 10:07PM

04-05-17 10:41PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

China having a horrible game out there.

China have not been very predictable, they lose to Germany and Italy, but beat Scotland and Norway.

Last edited by Stoner on 04-05-17 at 10:46PM

04-05-17 11:03PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

What a massive end for Sweden for the win.

04-06-17 03:22AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

It's nice to see lots of people in the seats - but that's only true for Canada's games. When the home team is not playing, or as soon as the Canada game finishes, the place is virtually empty - which is sad.

It would be nice to see more CURLING fans - not just team Canada fans.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

04-06-17 06:03AM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose
It's nice to see lots of people in the seats - but that's only true for Canada's games. When the home team is not playing, or as soon as the Canada game finishes, the place is virtually empty - which is sad.

It would be nice to see more CURLING fans - not just team Canada fans.

I was thinking the same thing, especially when it's a night or weekend draw.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

04-06-17 06:34AM
yctomi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yctomi Click here to Send yctomi a Private Message Find more posts by yctomi Add yctomi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yctomi
Harvey Hacksmasher

Seems Canada, Sweden and Switzerland have locked their place in the playoffs. Hopefully these three can all win medals then my worlds will be perfect lol

04-06-17 06:40AM
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

quote:

I knew you had two wrong for sure, and Norway had to steal the 11th from Germany.

Don't bet more than you can afford to lose.

Against China, Shuster shoots 100% and George shoots 91. The USA seems to have figured the ice out.