M: KW Fall Classic
M: Mother Club Fall Curling Classic
W: Mother Club Fall Curling Classic
M: WCT Tallinn Mixed Doubles International
W: Anita Cochrane Memorial Junior Women
M: Anita Cochrane Memorial Junior Men
M: Moosehead Fall Open
Eastern Time (ET)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2018 World Womens, North Bay

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 7 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-24-18 04:53PM
TNH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TNH Click here to Send TNH a Private Message Find more posts by TNH Add TNH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TNH
Hitting Paint

Thank you Gerry. I was going to throw in that I like this format and it is a better way to grow the game.

It only take away the page game, otherwise the 1 and 2 teams still have to win 2 games to win the championship. As for undeserving winners? Well I would say they deserve it if they win!

I am not keen on being eliminated by draws. That's like deciding a World Cup on penalty kicks or the Stanley Cup by shootouts. If they must go to draw distances, then I say bring the teams back out and have each player draw to the pin. At least that would have some excitement for fans and online viewers.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-24-18 06:04PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Hitting Paint

Agree TNH or they could do like the golf this weekend. One end with higher ranked team getting hammer. I will feel for Canada if they lose to USA but has happened before in page system.

03-24-18 06:29PM
skwerl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skwerl Find more posts by skwerl Add skwerl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skwerl
Harvey Hacksmasher

I think the format is great, makes the round robin more interesting. If USA beat Korea, Canada and Sweden on the bounce then they will be deserved World Champions.

Glenn Howard on twitter delivering the hot takes. A bye to the semi, the lowest ranked opponent and LSFE all the way through isn’t enough incentive to finish first in the RR apparently, Glenn wants a bye to the final. I personally think getting a medal without winning a knockout game is much more ridiculous.

03-24-18 06:55PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Click here to Send guido a Private Message Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Drawmaster

GO USA

03-24-18 07:05PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by skwerl
I think the format is great, makes the round robin more interesting. If USA beat Korea, Canada and Sweden on the bounce then they will be deserved World Champions.

Glenn Howard on twitter delivering the hot takes. A bye to the semi, the lowest ranked opponent and LSFE all the way through isn’t enough incentive to finish first in the RR apparently, Glenn wants a bye to the final. I personally think getting a medal without winning a knockout game is much more ridiculous.

Still tend to agree with Russ - perhaps an optional bye (option at the team's discretion) to the final if you earn 1st place in R.R. by going unbeaten.

The downside - is a bunch of teams will be playing while you wait for your gold or silver medal.

Team who plays you has a ton of momentum.

I'd rather have the first place team have to be beaten twice for gold. Then you don't care if a 6-6 team wins gold over a 12-0 team - - - cuz the lower-ranked squad beat the top-ranked outfit two times in a row!

Last edited by Manitoba Legend on 03-24-18 at 08:51PM

03-24-18 07:05PM
Curling fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curling fan Click here to Send Curling fan a Private Message Find more posts by Curling fan Add Curling fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curling fan
Harvey Hacksmasher

Sure hope Jen pulls this game out.Be a shame to go12-0 and lose this game.It's been a joy watching them this week.Rachel who?
It finally dawned on me the difference between watching the Jones team,and watching the Homan team.Jen and team love to curl,Homan loves to win.Big difference.

03-24-18 07:08PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Curling fan
Sure hope Jen pulls this game out.Be a shame to go12-0 and lose this game.It's been a joy watching them this week.Rachel who?
It finally dawned on me the difference between watching the Jones team,and watching the Homan team.Jen and team love to curl,Homan loves to win.Big difference.

for sure - Jones team also communicates and shows chemistry and even a bit of fun. Homan team shows none of that.

03-24-18 07:23PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Click here to Send guido a Private Message Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Curling fan

Google some of jones’ losing videos. Pretty pouty.
When you are 12-0 it’s really easy to have fun. When your losing it isn’t.

03-24-18 07:24PM
sooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sooner Find more posts by sooner Add sooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sooner
Hitting Paint

usa handed them a 3 lol

03-24-18 07:25PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by guido

Google some of jones’ losing videos. Pretty pouty.
When you are 12-0 it’s really easy to have fun. When your losing it isn’t.

I don't have to. I have seen her loses - in which she still communicates with her team, even though she may "look" pouty. I have seen her losses when she shakes her head and smiles.

I like when she stops to sign autographs, win or lose. How about the story out of North Bay about her meeting an older gentlemen that wanted to meet her - taking time in a short turn around between games. Very nice.

Last edited by CURLER1 on 03-24-18 at 07:41PM

03-24-18 08:12PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i just don't like this format. im not a fan of it in any way. honestly, of the 2 format changes i like the scotties/brier change more .

would that work at the world championships ? i don't know, maybe.

03-24-18 08:20PM
CURLER1
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
i just don't like this format. im not a fan of it in any way. honestly, of the 2 format changes i like the scotties/brier change more .

would that work at the world championships ? i don't know, maybe.

I do not like it either - there has to be a better way.

03-24-18 08:49PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Click here to Send IN-OFF-FOR-2 a Private Message Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1

I do not like it either - there has to be a better way.

Hey let's add 3 more CTRS or OOM teams to make 16 and have two pools of 8........insert sarcasm here.

2 more Euro teams and one more Americas...it's coming.

03-24-18 08:52PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

Hey let's add 3 more CTRS or OOM teams to make 16 and have two pools of 8........insert sarcasm here.

what about i more america's, 1 more europe and 1 more asia. then just do the scotties/brier thing. as bad as it is it works better than this

03-24-18 09:00PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Despite poor first half of game percentages Carlson & Jamie starting to torment both JJ & Kaitlyn with well-positioned stones. Trying to play the force 1, Take 2 game to the end.......

No Quit in Team USA DNA

03-24-18 09:23PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

The erratica (curling aphasia) that's plagued Jones the last couple seasons starting to creep into her game.

JJ now 1 up with hammer playing 9 - but Sinclair and Carlson continue to torment Lawes & Jones to no end.

Take away that first disgusting end and Team USA is the superior team.

Little Carlson is taking on a giant in Lawes - WHATTA TASK!

03-24-18 09:24PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

A 16-team World Championship was voted on along with the 13-team format we currently have. The 16-team format failed, but it's already being considered as the vote showed.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

03-24-18 09:39PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Click here to Send IN-OFF-FOR-2 a Private Message Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gerry

A 16-team World Championship was voted on along with the 13-team format we currently have. The 16-team format failed, but it's already being considered as the vote showed.
[/QUOTE)

I say the more the merrier, as long as it's countries and not teams with points... see Scotties and Brier.

03-24-18 09:43PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Jones seems to have lost her way!
Dawn not helping matters either - but the big difference is Sinclair starting to dig a grave for Jones.
Now all she has to do is make Jones throw a tight takeout or button draw and USA reaches the final (where they'll be eaten alive by Sweden btw)

At this point I'd say Jones is no more than 85 to 90% certain of getting to the golden game!

Last edited by Manitoba Legend on 03-24-18 at 09:56PM

03-24-18 09:45PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Jones goes to an extra end - by virtue of rolling out with a hit and stay on her final stone.

Exactness has deserted her I'm afraid!

03-24-18 09:53PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Jones goes to an extra end - by virtue of rolling out with a hit and stay on her final stone.

Exactness has deserted her I'm afraid!

Negative Nancy called, she said shut up. Why always so negative?

Jones took the long way home but she got there. Good luck tomorrow.

03-24-18 09:54PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

Also like to see US win tomorrow

03-24-18 10:02PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Bit of a glory hog - but Jones gets the job done - AGAIN!

Feel sorry for those who abandoned the broadcast when JJ went up 5-1, shoulda been 6-1 - and then Sinclair & Co. cut loose and tormented Team Jones to the final stone.

Great textbook 10th end by all 4 Canadian players. Marvellous!

Shot-pelter Hasselborg can bag the Golden Double Bubble by taking out Jones tomorrow.

Gold at Olympics
Gold at Worlds

Jones never played Worlds when she went unbeaten thru 2014 Olympics

So Anna Hass either comes up with GOLD-GOLD

Or Jones nabs her second world gold.

Big one for Lawes, too!! Olympic Gold in '14, Olympic gold in '18 (mixed) and going for 3rd goldie Sunday!!! WOW!

03-24-18 10:07PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

Korea

As predicted no medal for Korea. Karma for Peter Gallant not be asked to coach at worlds after 2 years of work getting them the Olympic medal. Korea will suffer the Labonte curse of curling for 8 years no medals anywhere.

03-24-18 10:09PM
CURLER1
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Bit of a glory hog - but Jones gets the job done - AGAIN!

Feel sorry for those who abandoned the broadcast when JJ went up 5-1, shoulda been 6-1 - and then Sinclair & Co. cut loose and tormented Team Jones to the final stone.

Great textbook 10th end by all 4 Canadian players. Marvellous!

Shot-pelter Hasselborg can bag the Golden Double Bubble by taking out Jones tomorrow.

Gold at Olympics
Gold at Worlds

Jones never played Worlds when she went unbeaten thru 2014 Olympics

So Anna Hass either comes up with GOLD-GOLD

Or Jones nabs her second world gold.

Big one for Lawes, too!! Olympic Gold in '14, Olympic gold in '18 (mixed) and going for 3rd goldie Sunday!!! WOW!

you should just wait until the game is over and see who won, before you start posting crap. Then you would only have to do one post on Jones winning, instead of her losing.