Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 30 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-27-15 11:18PM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

My predictions

I tried some predictions for the Scotties (and wasn't that close), but I thought I'd try some here. This year's brier might be one of the hardest to predict in a long time.

Newfoundland 9-2
Alberta 8-3
Northern Ontario 8-3
Canada 7-4
Saskatchewan 7-4
Manitoba 6-5
Quebec 5-6
Ontario 5-6
BC 4-7
PEI 4-7
NWT 3-8
New Brunswick 0-11

Tiebreaker - Canada over Saskatchewan
1 vs 2 - Newfoundland over Alberta
3 vs 4 - Canada over Northern Ontario
Semifinal - Alberta over Canada
Final - Alberta over Newfoundland

...Let the debate begin!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-27-15 11:29PM
mcgregorm89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcgregorm89 Click here to Send mcgregorm89 a Private Message Find more posts by mcgregorm89 Add mcgregorm89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

Re: My predictions

quote:
Originally posted by Sasquatch
I tried some predictions for the Scotties (and wasn't that close), but I thought I'd try some here. This year's brier might be one of the hardest to predict in a long time.

Newfoundland 9-2
Alberta 8-3
Northern Ontario 8-3
Canada 7-4
Saskatchewan 7-4
Manitoba 6-5
Quebec 5-6
Ontario 5-6
BC 4-7
PEI 4-7
NWT 3-8
New Brunswick 0-11

Tiebreaker - Canada over Saskatchewan
1 vs 2 - Newfoundland over Alberta
3 vs 4 - Canada over Northern Ontario
Semifinal - Alberta over Canada
Final - Alberta over Newfoundland

...Let the debate begin!

No way will Alberta beat Newfoundland, Gushue is on fire right now. I'd predict a Newfoundland vs Northern Ontario final

02-28-15 01:07AM
nenslow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nenslow Find more posts by nenslow Add nenslow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nenslow
Knee-Slider

My Predictions

NO Brad Jacobs 9-2
CAN John Morris 9-2
AB Kevin Koe 8-3
NL Brad Gushue 7-4
MN Reid Carruthers 6-5
ON Mark Keen 6-5
SK Steve Laycock 5-6
BC Jim Cotter 4-7
QC Jean Michel Menard 4-7
NWT Jamie Koe 3-8
NB Jeremie Malais 3-8
PEI Adam Casey 2-9

Made this after seeing the linescore of Casey's first "Prior" game, so his ranking could very well be much better if he makes it in.

1vs2: Jacobs vs Morris = Morris
3vs4: Koe vs Gushue = Gushue
Semi: Gushue vs Jacobs = Gushue
Final: Morris vs Gushue: Morris

02-28-15 01:32AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Jacobs / Koe final.
Malais will be last.

Really the only places that matter.

02-28-15 02:24AM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Noeller
According to TSN:

Morning Draws: Mudryk (and his eye bags) with Gauthier
Afternoon/Evening Draw A: Vic, Russ, Cheryl
Afternoon/Evening Draw B: Mudryk (and his eye bags) with Dave Ned

If you had battled cancer twice and won, you might have eye bags after too.

02-28-15 02:04PM
Statman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Statman Click here to Send Statman a Private Message Find more posts by Statman Add Statman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Statman
Super Rockchucker

Team Canada concept a mistake? Long live Team Nova Scotia!

I intensely dislike the decision to go with a "play-in" for the so-called bottom three teams. And not just because NS was eliminated based on draws to the button and 2 cm, but the entire "team Canada" concept is flawed.

Not only does it result in this sort of wonky pseudo pre-Brier round-robin, but historical continuity, tradition and the record book are also compromised. Recall, that Nova Scotia was an original entry back in 1927 and won the first Brier. As recently as 2004, they won a third. Besides, the original and traditional Brier teams shouldn't be required to prove themselves; theyve already done that in Nova Scotias case over 85 previous Briers!

And the confection that a "Team Canada" necessarily boosts attendance and/or the pre-Brier promotion opportunities is dubious at best. And when the Team Canada skip walks away from his team as Koe did this year, the CCA are left looking somewhat nonplussed and amateurish.

One also wonders about the damage that being excluded from the Brier will do to curling interest levels in Nova Scotia - and in PEI if they are eliminated later today. And given the somewhat confusing qualification rules, it could take Nova Scotia several years before they get back into the Brier.

And yes, one day the truly unthinkable is going to occur: a province like Saskatchewan, Ontario or BC will have a short-term power outage and will be out of the Brier. Consider the possible deleterious effects on their curling programs and the TV ratings in those provinces.

Last edited by Statman on 03-01-15 at 12:13AM

02-28-15 03:12PM
gmay48 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gmay48 Click here to Send gmay48 a Private Message Find more posts by gmay48 Add gmay48 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gmay48
Hitting Paint

men's world championship in nova scotia this year. wonder how the volunteers feel about cca

02-28-15 03:15PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

TSN will have PEI-YK and CAN-MB for Draw 1, so CurlingGeek is going to share NFLD (Gushue) vs Sask (Laycock).

Join us at 1:30MT, 5:00 NFLD:

https://games.curlinggeek.com/broadcast/86

02-28-15 03:26PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Not having the "Hunger Games" teams at the banquet seems very petty and mean-spirited. Hopefully an oversight?

02-28-15 03:35PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

predicted winners:

saskatchewan v.s newfoundland - should be a good one.should be tight all the way, however if saskatchewan gets a lead early they wont be afraid to bore everyone to death and hit everything in sight even if they score 2 in the first end i wouldnt put it outside the realm of possibility that they'd try and blank the next 9. for that reason one should hope newfoundland can make sure they never get to far behind.

winner: newfoundland

northern ontario v.s quebec - the only game not getting covered some way..its kind of funny that it involves the reigning olympic champion. this should be a good one too, these 2 always have good battles and this should be another tight one today.

winner: northern ontario

canada v.s manitoba - manitoba has had a great season and morris has looked shaky at best. the fact that they havent played a lot might come back to bite them here.

winner:manitoba

prince edward island v.s yukon - pei lost to yukon in the first pre-qualifier where they looked terrible. however in the game against nova scotia they looked fantastic. depends which one shows up but pei should win.

winner: prince edward island

02-28-15 03:37PM
Hack Weight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hack Weight Click here to Send Hack Weight a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Weight Add Hack Weight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Hopefully the sponsors can put some pressure on TSN , RSN, and CC to make some changes ..

Sponsor: "Hey TSN and/or CC, as a sponsor who pays hundreds of thousands (or more) of dollars to you, we'd prefer if you replaced the defending champions with a team of inferior quality who doesn't have a chance to win the Brier."

02-28-15 03:43PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

This is scary, I find myself in complete agreement with Statman.

02-28-15 03:45PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

its pretty cruel not to allow these 3 teams at the banquet. the suggestion was made in the scotties thread to play the elimination games at the end of the week and i think that works so much better.

as for the topic overall its been debated so many times and with so many threads its tiring now. we are just going to have to deal with this

02-28-15 04:07PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Boo Hoo

Want to avoid the relegation round? Play better!

I would prefer to watch a brier with Canadas best.

I say About time.

Want to free up a spot? Take away one of Ontarios two spots.

02-28-15 04:16PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

How great is this field? If Casey wins today it's 10 of the top 20 on the Order of Merit. Every draw's probably gonna have at least three great games.

Obviously, Northern Ontario, Alberta and Newfoundland are favourites this week, but I really like Manitoba and Saskatchewan to break through this week. I wouldn't be surprised if any of these five win it all, which is awesome. And I haven't even mentioned three teams that more or less were in the final four last year. Incredible!

02-28-15 04:48PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

Re: Boo Hoo

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan

I say About time.

How to play better you may make a huge blanket statement? Play with the big boys. How do you play with the big boys? You need a lot of coin just to travel to the venues then to pay for the event you want to play in. Cripes. Its a lot cheaper to fly from Winnipeg to Hawaii it is from Northern Manitoba for example!?!?!? Ofcourse a person needs time off and some heavy favor from where ever a person is working so they get time off so they can curl. We're not the UK where you can be a full time curler and have a fair bit (if not 100%) of your costs covered. This is only part of the reason why relegation bites.

02-28-15 05:18PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Whats gotten into Bryan Mudryk he has been busting Dave Nedohins balls the whole time..

Bryan "Is the brier trophy heavy"?
Dave "Yeah its very heavy"
Bryan "Well you should have been fresh and had no problem lifting it you didn't have to do any sweeping"

Somebody tell Mudryk Dave did have to sweep it was Randy Ferbey that was holding the broom in the house when the front end threw

02-28-15 05:30PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

The PEI front end gives up way too soon on rocks. The PEI coach needs to tell them to follow rocks all the way down the ice

02-28-15 05:46PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Re: Boo Hoo

quote:

I say About time.

Captain Morgan is so 2000's. Captain Obvious is in vogue now, dude.

02-28-15 05:53PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Boo Hoo

quote:
Originally posted by Guest

Captain Morgan is so 2000's. Captain Obvious is in vogue now, dude.

Everything I say is obvious.

02-28-15 06:05PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Boo Hoo

quote:
Originally posted by 5thstone

How to play better you may make a huge blanket statement? Play with the big boys. How do you play with the big boys? You need a lot of coin just to travel to the venues then to pay for the event you want to play in. Cripes. Its a lot cheaper to fly from Winnipeg to Hawaii it is from Northern Manitoba for example!?!?!? Ofcourse a person needs time off and some heavy favor from where ever a person is working so they get time off so they can curl. We're not the UK where you can be a full time curler and have a fair bit (if not 100%) of your costs covered. This is only part of the reason why relegation bites.

All the top teams have sponsors.

Get out and sell yourself. Sure its hard work. Get many sponsors with smaller contributions instead of one huge donation. Let them know its 100% tax deductible. Pick companies that might benefit from the exposure. I believe relegation will make curling stronger.

02-28-15 06:41PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

huge game now for manitoba amd saskatchewan tonight. loser starts 0-2. not what you want in a field like this

02-28-15 06:45PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

Well, to use the Manitoba Legend puns Casey, Finnegan, Chester the Crow and Lorenzo the Raccoon have the extra end to figure out how to win.

02-28-15 06:49PM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

Laycock really let Gushue off the hook in the opening draw. Misses a draw to the 8ft for 4 points in the 8th then lets Gushue blank the 9th.

02-28-15 06:51PM
5thstone
Hitting Paint

Re: Re: Re: Boo Hoo

quote:

All the top teams have sponsors.

Get out and sell yourself. Sure its hard work. Get many sponsors with smaller contributions instead of one huge donation. Let them know its 100% tax deductible. Pick companies that might benefit from the exposure. I believe relegation will make curling stronger.

Keep dreaming that some rural and remote teams can get sponsorship in order for a team to have a chance. You might as well Mike McEwen, John Epping et al to move to the Yukon, Nunavut while you're at it. In short, relegation does nothing to make curling stronger but instead makes curling an elite sport.