Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 6 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-25-15 08:02PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i was referring to technical ability by the way. i agree that others have done more for the sport but in my mind there is no better technical curler than jeff to have ever come out of winnipeg and im nut sure there ever will be.

jeff has had a big impact on the sport, inspired many curlers even outside manitoba. think he could have done more if he'd been more media friendly but he just was not the kind of guy who wanted to do commercials or other things like that. he wasnt comfortable in the media as much as jen is.

Last edited by misty1 on 02-25-15 at 08:07PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-25-15 08:10PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by 5thstone

The only thing is Fowler will want a solid 3rd who can set things up and use the bail out weapon. Alex is where he needs to be for now playing 2nd. Now who will be the new 3d, Al Lyburn? Brenden Taylor? or one of the Calvert boys want to get their feet wet into atleast part time touring outside Manitoba?

i dont know. i think alex was a good third for alan lyburn. he used to skip himself so he has all the shots. i just am not sure of 2 many guys that rob could get to play at the level he'd need in a third in manitoba. could maybe pick up colton lott from dunstone's rink or maybe calvert. gunner seems to already b taken and he's the only other one i could think of.

02-25-15 08:35PM
hit_paint is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hit_paint Click here to Send hit_paint a Private Message Find more posts by hit_paint Add hit_paint to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hit_paint
Harvey Hacksmasher

Jason Gunnlaugson would be a good pick for Rob, but if the rumours of him playing with Willy Lyburn are true then I guess he's off the table. If the remaining members of team Stoughton decide to stay together maybe they'll look at adding someone from out of province.

02-25-15 08:42PM
nicecontroleasy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nicecontroleasy Find more posts by nicecontroleasy Add nicecontroleasy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nicecontroleasy
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

In terms of on-ice impact there was no one better from Manitoba than J. Stoughton. 11 trips to the Brier, 3 wins, a couple seconds, runner-up in Olympic trials, 2 worlds. NO ONE BETTER.

There's no doubtin' stoughton in MB men's curling lore, but J. Jones is without argument the biggest Manitoba curling legend of modern era and she is not done yet.

11 Scotties - 5 championships
#1 CTRS Ranking 7 of 9 seasons and poised to make it 8 of 10 - remarkable stat
1 World Championship
4 Players' Championships (until recently the Players' was the only women's Grand Slam on arena ice)
Olympic Gold 2014

Last edited by nicecontroleasy on 02-25-15 at 08:45PM

02-25-15 08:57PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by nicecontroleasy

There's no doubtin' stoughton in MB men's curling lore, but J. Jones is without argument the biggest Manitoba curling legend of modern era and she is not done yet.

11 Scotties - 5 championships
#1 CTRS Ranking 7 of 9 seasons and poised to make it 8 of 10 - remarkable stat
1 World Championship
4 Players' Championships (until recently the Players' was the only women's Grand Slam on arena ice)
Olympic Gold 2014

no, for me its got to be jeff. there's no denying JJ hs done great things but i think competition has a lot to do with it. The level of competition on the womens side isnt anywhere near as high as it is on the mens side.forget ou of province the level of competition among the men in manitoba is much higher then it is for the women. jeff has had to compete with legends of the game our in howard and martin whereas jenniffer ,for large part of her career hasnt had really anyone like those to challenger her.jeff had 2 huge rivals. jen has had no real great rivals until recently to get in her way

i think, taken into context what jeff has been able to do on the ice puts him above her. if kevin and glenn were not around with him jeff would have more briers, more worlds and more grand slams.

02-25-15 09:26PM
mcgregorm89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcgregorm89 Click here to Send mcgregorm89 a Private Message Find more posts by mcgregorm89 Add mcgregorm89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:

KEN WATSON
Was the inventor of the long-slide.

And Jeff gave us the spin o rama. Jeff for sure is one of the greatest curlers in the world.

02-26-15 08:33AM
Justintwiss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justintwiss Click here to Send Justintwiss a Private Message Find more posts by Justintwiss Add Justintwiss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justintwiss
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by MB Tucker
Confirmed on twitter Jeff is done. Does anyone know if Grassie has anyone lined up?

As far as I know he does not have anything set up. Personally I dont see him rushing into anything. Hes going to get a fair share of offers no doubt about it so it comes down to finding a good fit personality wise as well as a schedule that the team is comfortable playing.

02-26-15 10:41AM
MB Tucker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MB Tucker Click here to Send MB Tucker a Private Message Visit MB Tucker's homepage! Find more posts by MB Tucker Add MB Tucker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MB Tucker
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Justintwiss

As far as I know he does not have anything set up. Personally I dont see him rushing into anything. Hes going to get a fair share of offers no doubt about it so it comes down to finding a good fit personality wise as well as a schedule that the team is comfortable playing.

Sean is not a great sweeper but I think he would fit in really good playing 3rd for fowler. He has never played 3rd before but it may be a good move for him.

02-26-15 01:15PM
Justintwiss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justintwiss Click here to Send Justintwiss a Private Message Find more posts by Justintwiss Add Justintwiss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justintwiss
Hitting Paint

I agree 100%. Learning to judge weight and sweep would be a change but its not that hard so shouldnt take long for him to pick it up. Would he want to travel tho? Seems to like hanging around Manitoba

02-26-15 04:01PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

I think Val Sweeting was (is) an awesome curling team. Val had the look of a cat who had swallowed the canary during the STOH final - she knew her team was more powerful and consistent than even the great Jennifer Jones. Val figured it was just a matter of time before Jones succumbed to a more powerful force - like she had done a couple years prior to Young Rachel. Evidently, no one gave JJ the memo - she hung in there with Sweeting and just refused to lose. The great ones do that.

Jeff just didn't close enough Briers out. 3 for 11 is very good - very few guys get 3 but he was runner-up or mid-card the other 8.

How 'bout this? Watson and Stoughton are the greatest male curlers in Manitoba history. Nobody close!

But Jennifer Jones stands head 'n shoulders above everyone in the women's category.

val is a very good team but still yet to reach her best. my point being that jeff had to compete with 2 fellow legends and the 2 names brought up most often in a question of best ever. jen didnt have that kind of rivalry

my top 5 manitoba curlers, all time:

1. watson
2. stoughton
3. jones
4. burtnyk
5. lalibertie

02-26-15 04:42PM
MBTuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MBTuck Click here to Send MBTuck a Private Message Find more posts by MBTuck Add MBTuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MBTuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

no, for me its got to be jeff. there's no denying JJ hs done great things but i think competition has a lot to do with it. The level of competition on the womens side isnt anywhere near as high as it is on the mens side.forget ou of province the level of competition among the men in manitoba is much higher then it is for the women. jeff has had to compete with legends of the game our in howard and martin whereas jenniffer ,for large part of her career hasnt had really anyone like those to challenger her.jeff had 2 huge rivals. jen has had no real great rivals until recently to get in her way

i think, taken into context what jeff has been able to do on the ice puts him above her. if kevin and glenn were not around with him jeff would have more briers, more worlds and more grand slams.

Jones is head and shoulders above Jeff. At Jeff's peak he was never #1. As tremendous as he has been he hasn't ever reached that point. Always behind KMart and to a lesser extent-GHoward. I don't think anyone in their right mind can make a legit argument over Jeff being ahead of JJ.

You can not hold someone to a higher standard only because of competition and regardless of their place in the hierarchy. Jones has an Olympic gold to add to her much more impressive Scotties vs Brier results. And Jones performance herself in those Olympics might be the greatest women's curling performances of all time.

And as someone posted previous, Jones still has a few years left and is currently playing at the top of her game. Jones has also proven to being absolutely clutch. Jeff was never known for making that last shot. He at times struggled with the key draw. Jones on the other hand has made her living with it.

I'd be surprised if more than 2 people out of a 100 took your side in this debate.

02-26-15 04:48PM
Noeller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Noeller Click here to Send Noeller a Private Message Find more posts by Noeller Add Noeller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Noeller
Harvey Hacksmasher

IMO, it's really silly to be comparing Men's and Women's curling... #ApplesAndOranges

02-26-15 05:02PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by MBTuck

Jones is head and shoulders above Jeff. At Jeff's peak he was never #1. As tremendous as he has been he hasn't ever reached that point. Always behind KMart and to a lesser extent-GHoward. I don't think anyone in their right mind can make a legit argument over Jeff being ahead of JJ.

You can not hold someone to a higher standard only because of competition and regardless of their place in the hierarchy. Jones has an Olympic gold to add to her much more impressive Scotties vs Brier results. And Jones performance herself in those Olympics might be the greatest women's curling performances of all time.

And as someone posted previous, Jones still has a few years left and is currently playing at the top of her game. Jones has also proven to being absolutely clutch. Jeff was never known for making that last shot. He at times struggled with the key draw. Jones on the other hand has made her living with it.

I'd be surprised if more than 2 people out of a 100 took your side in this debate.

i honestly dont care if anyone agree with me, i dont know why i have made such a thing of it. in my opinion jeff is ahead of JJ and if you and everyone else on hee disagree with me so be it.

02-26-15 08:30PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Noeller
IMO, it's really silly to be comparing Men's and Women's curling... #ApplesAndOranges

02-26-15 09:17PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

Agreed, comparing men's & women's curling is comparing cherries to apples

02-26-15 09:31PM
MASHKA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MASHKA Find more posts by MASHKA Add MASHKA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MASHKA
Harvey Hacksmasher

Banana's to taco's

02-27-15 08:45AM
Justintwiss
Hitting Paint

NEW TEAM- Andrew Wickman skipping Tarko and Blanchard. Have not heard the 4th yet for this team

02-27-15 11:03AM
MB Tucker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MB Tucker Click here to Send MB Tucker a Private Message Visit MB Tucker's homepage! Find more posts by MB Tucker Add MB Tucker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MB Tucker
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
NEW TEAM- Andrew Wickman skipping Tarko and Blanchard. Have not heard the 4th yet for this team

I also have conformation that chambers (3rd for Grassie) is hooking up with peters. No conformation on the front end yet but most likely Grassie's front end will join.

02-27-15 11:06AM
Corn_Broom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corn_Broom Click here to Send Corn_Broom a Private Message Find more posts by Corn_Broom Add Corn_Broom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corn_Broom
Harvey Hacksmasher

That confirms an earlier post in this thread

03-02-15 10:51AM
Dave Kammerlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Kammerlock Click here to Send Dave Kammerlock a Private Message Find more posts by Dave Kammerlock Add Dave Kammerlock to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Kammerlock
Harvey Hacksmasher

Free Agent

Hello, I posted to the free agent thread but also figured I should probably post here as well. I will be looking to get onto a competitive team next year, so if anyone is looking for a player, please send me an email at dkammerlock@hotmail.com and we can discuss further. Thanks

David Kammerlock (Dan's younger brother)

Last edited by Dave Kammerlock on 03-02-15 at 10:54AM

03-04-15 11:54AM
inturnpeel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for inturnpeel Find more posts by inturnpeel Add inturnpeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
inturnpeel
Knee-Slider

word around the rink is that team Stanus has split up

03-05-15 10:59AM
Justintwiss
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by inturnpeel
word around the rink is that team Stanus has split up

That is correct

03-09-15 02:19PM
Sweat Towel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sweat Towel Click here to Send Sweat Towel a Private Message Find more posts by Sweat Towel Add Sweat Towel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sweat Towel
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

Blanch and Andy back together? Tarks in the mix? These guys are a funky bunch for sure! Good to see.

03-09-15 07:41PM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
i would bet $100 that jeff curls in a competive event next year

Jeff is probably Manitoba's rep in the Canadian Senior next year.

03-10-15 04:42PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

well this probably comes as a surprise to no one but chelsea carey is leaving her team