Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > So little posting here

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 3 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
10-23-17 08:56PM
Lovemycurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovemycurling Click here to Send Lovemycurling a Private Message Find more posts by Lovemycurling Add Lovemycurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

Lack of posts on new site

In all honesty, I hate this site. Last year I could tell anyone where anything was and some of us are elderly. I am not computer illiterate. I am on the computer doing some promoting or advertising or trying to get curling a #1 item for winter, and I can't send anyone here. It is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Never can find where the games are being streamed, televised. Can't find where the posts are easily. I can honestly say if this is what is going to be like all winter, it will be the last place I look for curling events. This was like the bible of curling and now it is nothing but a complete disaster. Makes me upset every time I come on here because there just another thing I can't find that says is happening. It wasn't broken. Why fix it. Improve it but this is like trying to find an egg in scrambled eggs. Sorry

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-23-17 10:23PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Wel said, Lovemycurling. My sentiments exactly.

10-24-17 06:04AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

As others have noted, these Forums are now absolutely horrible. It is not a question of merely getting used to something new - these Forums have so many bugs that the 'bugs' actually outnumber the functional elements.
From the 'quote' button not working to the huge variations in type size (and icons), and a host of other problems, in addition to an 'unfriendly' layout, these Forums are now an absolute disaster, and thoroughly unpleasant to visit.
And all of this has endured for several months already.

Being the only real curling Forums in existence, one would think that the significant number of problems would have been addressed - and fixed - long ago. But that's obviously not the case. I don't know why - because the many problems of the new Forum format are glaringly evident.
Having a poorly functional Forum during the summer is one thing. But the curling season is a month old now, and these Forums are still absolutely horrible.

We all appreciate these Forums, obviously - that's why we're here. And we know that it takes time and effort to keep this site going. And we appreciate that time and effort. But this honestly needs to be fixed very soon if these Forums are to survive.
I'm sure that these Forums have already lost a number of valuable posters because of the non-functional format of the new system. Let's stop the bleeding, please.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

10-24-17 05:31PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

I feel the same as the others about the problems with the website, something I'm sure Gerry is stressing over and working on.

For now, I usually just stick to the World Curling Tour website: worldcurl.com for all the information I need.

10-26-17 10:31AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I will pipe in. I follow big events and want to be able to read and post while following - but no, the "extra" services of the site are "turned off" during the big events. That is counter-intuitive. We will stop clicking and coming to the site. The events list is great, but the display requires lots of scrolling, to find out details of outcomes of previous draws and who-beat-whom. The quote button - it was nice, but sometimes it was overused - that's true. But remove it if it is not an option and let us #tag the user we are talking to directly. (suggestion?) Good luck Gerry - maybe we "can't go back". With the Olympics coming, I sure hope we can see some improvement in the forums. Thanks for this free service, none-the-less.

10-26-17 06:32PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

I disagree with Obsessive Curler, Gerry's silence indicates to me that he really doesn't care about the forum and posting anymore,

10-26-17 07:45PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Nelski - how do you turn off parts of site that don't interest me? Like you, I just follow the major team events . Aside from the forum dialogue that I enjoy , the scores etc are available on the GSOC site. Plus,it has the shooting stats.

10-26-17 11:33PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

Okay Sherm, lets set the "way back" machine to the 2000's when options were few and information centralized.

Back then, if you wanted scores, chat or video your go-to options consisted of TSN's curling page, InTheHack, ICING, CURLING.COM and CZ (not to mention specific websites that covered the SOC). Some of these sites still exist buy many have fallen by the wayside.

You Tube was some fangled new thingy, live-steaming a novelty, a few chat rooms and up-to-date stories came from consolidated news services (SLAM curling anyone).

Ahhhh, those were the days. Good times, good times.

For those outside of Canada it was a Godsend unless you were lucky enough to get VHS tapes from a friend or had a Canadian sat-dish.

Today, things have changed. Options are numerous and no longer are you bound to a desktop computer. Laptops, tablets and smartphones allows us to access all sorts of sites (24/7) and as for streaming....thank you YouTube with real time watching and chatting.

Also....Facebook, Twitter, peer-to-peer chatting, Google News Feeds, Snapchat and Instagram.

It's all getting decentralized with a few specific niches. CZ provides a useful role but newer options have changed things.

Just my two cents....

Last edited by AK267 on 10-26-17 at 11:40PM

10-27-17 10:38AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

@ak - (no quote function) - yes, times have changed. I am the first to hop on the wave (except for paying for cable TV - #never). The forum here, while sometimes included banter and foolishness, also provided a service different from what FB, IG, Twitter offer. It is a bit more personal, and has had a sense of history with it. If it is another bygone, okay. But if it stays, it would be nice if the functions worked or were eliminated. (quote, PM, search, etc) I like it but will live to another day without it. What do you think is the operative difference between CZ and GSOC ? - well, other events, I guess. I like CZ's global events feel as well. (albeit only English posters here). Room for change, or time to devolve.

10-27-17 04:58PM
MBTuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MBTuck Click here to Send MBTuck a Private Message Find more posts by MBTuck Add MBTuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MBTuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

Since the website change ive went from frequenting the website a few times daily to now maybe once a week. It's a disaster trying to navigate it on an Iphone.

You know something is wrong when Manitoba Legend doesn't have a Jennifer Jones themed thread on the main page.

10-31-17 04:23PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

I rarely come on here now except to post a link to my latest blog entry in the Blog section. This way I don't have to endure another tedious session of the Manitoba Legend Zone (which is pretty much what this site is now).

But the issues here are very similar to those on the WCT site. Very tired of trying to look at linescores when the page automatically drops to the bottom every time you load it.

Lots of bugs, not enough beta testing before launch in my opinion.

10-31-17 07:47PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

HOW DO A SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD. IS ANYONE LISTENING/?????????

10-31-17 08:50PM
Lovemycurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovemycurling Click here to Send Lovemycurling a Private Message Find more posts by Lovemycurling Add Lovemycurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

AB Go below your post under the yellow line and it says subscribe to post. Click on that. I think that should take you where you have to go

11-01-17 01:50AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Thanks "lovemycurling" for the suggestion. I would advise you that I have tried that and many other options trying to subscribe to a thread. The comment "is anyone listening" was not directed to other posters but to, oh lets say the webmaster or perhaps the person that is responsible for this site. Again, thank you. I'll try again.

11-01-17 02:56AM
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

So discouraging. We get all these events listed and no dates. Get events and no streaming

This site as gone to a sick dog's breakfast. Sorry, but I keep hoping I will log on and find a huge surprise of change, but every time I do it goes from bad to worse.

Time curling had some big event and raised some funds to have it set on the map like some of these curlers are busting themselves to do.

They need their own channel, stats site and professional treatment. They have raised the bar to the point now where a lot of European teams are running away with our sport in our own country and we are letting them with no support from those at home. Still another year without a full bonspiel being televised. What is wrong with the 4 events at the beginning of a bonspiel. It is those games that get them to the quarters where we FINALLY see something on TV or streaming. I am 75 almost 76. Will I see a full bonspiel televised in my lifetime? I have pushed for it for about 5 years and still it is like people have blinders on their eyes and earplugs in their ears. What can we do to get some money into this end of the curling needs gang????

11-01-17 07:01AM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

events & tv

here is a link I found for all events and TV schedules:

http://www.mycurling.com/curlingontv/curlingontv.html

11-01-17 07:25AM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

WOW...thank you curler one.

11-01-17 09:04AM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

welcome albetts - enjoy!

11-01-17 09:13AM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

Revert the sites

If it were me running things, I'd look to see if it's possible to put it all back the way it was before the summer updates. And if it is, I'd do that. That wasn't perfect either, but it was loads better than what it is now.

11-01-17 09:59PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

I completely agree with ML about Gerry spreading his time too thin and CZ has suffered as result, Too bad,

11-03-17 12:08AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

Observer wrote:
"If it were me running things, I'd look to see if it's possible to put it all back the way it was before the summer updates. And if it is, I'd do that. That wasn't perfect either, but it was loads better than what it is now."

I completely agree.
Even no Forums would honestly be better than what these Forums are now.

Please do something, Gerry - be it selling the site, fixing the site, or reverting the site to what it was - because it is currently terrible, and is very likely turning more people OFF of curling than on.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

11-03-17 02:53PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

It doesn't help the forums are buried at the bottom left hand side of the screen.

This used to be fun for a lively discussion - some took it more seriously than others - but at least we all had the freedom to talk about curling.

11-04-17 12:22PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

glad quotes are up. I always edit them down to the succinct aspect of the quote when I use it. BUT - not only are we scrolling south to netherland to find the forums, but sometimes - truthfully - they are not on the page at all and you have to go home. (eg, checking linescores?? i forget specifics but #OhYeah). Also - my old eyes (even with new specs) find the grey on grey small text small and difficult. Have ctl+'d but it's a pain. #JustSayin'

11-06-17 09:34AM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Want to see posting up.
Simple.
Beg J-Ho to start making the occasional appearance.
Seriously.
The site took a huge step back when he left.

Last edited by dinorock2005 on 11-06-17 at 09:42AM

11-06-17 12:44PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by dinorock2005
Want to see posting up.
Simple. Beg J-Ho to start making the occasional appearance. Seriously. The site took a huge step back when he left.

Nice to see u here @Dino. I find the quickest way to find the forums is to #goHOME after every *transaction* - then the list is midway down on the right - otherwise - scroll city, sometimes to no avail. I forget why @Jho was a draw - but #noDoubt. Kinda wish page would refresh to the top after clicking an event. But I am learning to #scrollUP to see if it is there. #GoodWork so far, I guess. I like the *Recent Winners* photoshots, front and centre.