Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > So little posting here

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 3 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
10-17-17 12:31PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

So little posting here

I know it is still early in the curling season, but Why is there so little participation on this forum since the changes? I have tried to navigate the new format , but find it difficult and frustrating. It seems that the few simple aspects that I used to use, I can no longer find or they don't exist.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-17-17 01:00PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

I notice that too but not sure why.

10-17-17 02:37PM
Clappy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clappy Click here to Send Clappy a Private Message Find more posts by Clappy Add Clappy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clappy
Harvey Hacksmasher

I find the new look to the site to be very difficult to navigate and hard to find what you're looking for. I used to check this site everyday, and post once in awhile, but I find myself staying away after the updated look.

10-17-17 04:47PM
curlky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlky Click here to Send curlky a Private Message Find more posts by curlky Add curlky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlky
Drawmaster

I still check the forum, but rarely post. Way too much hate and anger amongst people, very little rational discussion anymore. Even if you go back to the end of last season, there was a lot of activity, but only from a few people.

10-17-17 11:21PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

The forums are not as prominent. and they are absent on some pages. I miss the community - not sure if/how it can be resurrected. Maybe it was the intent. there are not many of us. It is different from other social media - but there is some duplication. Let's stand by so we can share observations as the olympics year unfolds.

10-18-17 11:10AM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

My thoughts:

I am not a regular contributor to the forum but I do check it out often and post something when I feel motivated to do so. I am able to find what I need from this site after some initial frustration. I'm guessing that like anything new there is resistance to change which I see in everyday life and is not always warranted. I agree with the posters that it would be nice if the forums can still generate open discussion. What I do not particularly like is when the forum gets hijacked by a poster or two and they feel the need to dominate any discussion and get upset when someone may not agree with their posts (or rants). Disagreements are expected but keep it civil.

Looking forward to the Trials in particular this year! I think there will be some big changes, retirements, etc after this year.

10-18-17 01:41PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I don't know that people are having trouble finding the forum so much as they maybe just don't have anything to say. You look at the forum and threads are still getting a lot of views but almost no replies.

@ prairie guy - yeah, I agree, I think a lot of teams will see changes at the end of the season. Usually that is the case as teams gear up for the next 4 year grind. Epping strikes me as the most obvious, even if they get to the Brier I don't think that same 4 will be together at the next of the season, I'd be really surprised actually.

Howard ad Jones will almost certainly retire at the end of the season and throw kleibrink and middaugh and morris into that as well

Homan will probably be the only top team to go unchanged on the women's side.

I can see maybe scott Howard and david Mathers teaming up with can again and maybe bringing in Matt's brother as the 4th player.
Suspect Val will have a change at third .

I could also maybe see moskowy breaking away from carruthers if they don't get the Olympics or Brier this season.

One guy I'm wondering where he went is virtue.maybe he retired?

Last edited by misty1 on 10-18-17 at 01:50PM

10-18-17 05:16PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

Unhappy

Would be nice if Moskowy came back to Sask. Also hopefully Catlin Schneider will come back as he had a great run with Adam Casey last year knocking off Laycock to get to the Brier. Or we will just lose more of our best curlers to other provinces.....

10-19-17 08:51AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Do these giant icons within a thread annoy anybody else?

10-19-17 10:21AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

So, for weeks I thought the giant icon was the end of the thread - and that it was another flaw in the system. So, yes, annoying, and no,the quote button is not working. Still hopeful that the forums will return to their previous *glory* uhm... er.. *mediocrity" before the trials. Clicks more seldom.

10-19-17 12:29PM
prairie guy
Swing Artist

Don't think I will use one of those icons again geesh....

10-19-17 12:52PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

really miss the number of new posts beside the "post" - can't really be bothered now to look more than once a day.

very hard to navigate.

Tried to quote someone the other day and that did not work either.

10-19-17 01:26PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

has anyone tried to p.m. anyone?

10-19-17 02:23PM
Squiggsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Squiggsy Click here to Send Squiggsy a Private Message Find more posts by Squiggsy Add Squiggsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Squiggsy
Swing Artist

The lack of posts is directly related to how un-user friendly the site is. As has been posted many times, the mobile site is a disaster. On the regular site most of the links are dead, or go to the wrong spots. I tried to quote someone in this thread and it wouldn't let me. The text size changes on different pages and links. Few of the concerns are ever addressed.

If the owners of this and the worldcurl site want people to come here, then make it a site that people want to come to.

10-19-17 05:41PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Something that has driven me nuts about the site this year is the number of times the scores have been wrong. I've lost track of the number of times a score has come up on the sites line score and then I refresh to get an update and the score has changed. Sometimes it's right away but others it's a full day before the mistake is fixed.

10-19-17 06:10PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

scores posted

I'm certain that scores are usually posted by volunteers at each individual spiel directly to the curling zone site so if mistakes are made, it's at the local spiel, not curling zone. I just wish they could post them quicker....refresh, refresh, refresh.

10-19-17 08:50PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

@ manitoba legend - silvana tirinzoni won the trials

@ in off for 2 - i know. but normally they're reliable . seems a lot of mistakes made. to the point where i check the scores again in the morning to be sure

10-19-17 09:05PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

I will agree as last week at the Atlantic mixed doubles the scores stopped after the 1/4 finals and were never updated. Who won?

10-19-17 09:51PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I believe that was birchard/gunnlaugson

10-19-17 10:01PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

no, this was at Mayflower in Halifax
no updates after 3pm ast

10-20-17 01:18PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

I think another reason for the low posts is that a lot of information and posting is now done on Twitter or Facebook with most teams and players being present there and being much more smartphone friendly.

10-20-17 06:04PM
Ajay
Drawmaster

I really miss the old feature showing what games were televised/ streamed. "Click here" was a neat feature. If it exists now, I haven't come across it.

10-20-17 10:25PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quoting misty

birchard and gunnlaugson won the pacific NW mxd doubles and earned a berth on OlyTrials. Not the Atlantic event. (quote function does not work).

10-23-17 11:38AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Rock Talk

I've asked a few times what the procedure is for subscribing to a thread and no one has gotten back to me. I've tried a couple of things but with no luck. Are you hearing this webmaster????

10-23-17 03:50PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I think, by next year everything will be worked out and fine but right now there are so many problems. It's frustrating