Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 2 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-18-17 09:42AM
watcher2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for watcher2 Click here to Send watcher2 a Private Message Find more posts by watcher2 Add watcher2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
watcher2
Harvey Hacksmasher

Personally I'm sick and tired of seeing fully paid, salaried, European teams getting invited to these money events. I generally change the channel when they are the featured event. This is just play money for Edin when Canadian teams who are unpaid need it to survive.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-18-17 03:12PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by watcher2
Personally I'm sick and tired of seeing fully paid, salaried, European teams getting invited to these money events. I generally change the channel when they are the featured event. This is just play money for Edin when Canadian teams who are unpaid need it to survive.

Well said, at least he won't be taking away CTRS points at this boring made for TV event.

03-18-17 05:18PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

But its okay for Mike to go to Aberdeen and pick up points from a bunch of second rate European teams plus 2 or 3 middle of the ice teams,

03-18-17 06:10PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

It is the WCT, World Curling Tour. Any team that has the money to travel and meets whatever the qualifying criteria is for an event can enter that event. CTRS points are just WCT OOM (order of merit) points renamed (for the most part anyways). The strength of any given field determines how many points are available. Pretty sure the players came up with the points system a long time ago but maybe Curling Canada had a hand in it as well. Perhaps somebody with better knowledge on the history of the points system could chime in but it seems pretty fair to me.

03-18-17 06:13PM
Statman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Statman Click here to Send Statman a Private Message Find more posts by Statman Add Statman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Statman
Super Rockchucker

I'm having trouble getting excited about this event - or any Grandslam/Tour event for that matter.

Eight ends and curling for money vs the innate tribalism and provincial and national pride that comes with The Brier/Scotties/Worlds just can't compare. Throw in the fact there is no available record book to mull over (who is the all time money leader in Tour events?) and I rarely watch the Tour events.

03-18-17 06:16PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

we're doing this again are we? you are aware its called the world curling tour and that these european teams earned their invites.

03-19-17 12:05PM
milobloom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for milobloom Click here to Send milobloom a Private Message Visit milobloom's homepage! Find more posts by milobloom Add milobloom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
milobloom
Administrator

This year had the retired players. Next year I'd like to see the up and comers. Maybe invite the junior Canadian or world champions? (Not joking)

Or the announcer team (KMart, Harris, Joan and Rob). They can cover the game while they're playing. (Only half joking)

Just a thought.

03-19-17 01:29PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

congrats to team morris on the win. pretty impressive run from team hardie also in aberdeen to take down mcewen and liu back to back to win the title

03-19-17 02:13PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by milobloom
Or the announcer team (KMart, Harris, Joan and Rob). They can cover the game while they're playing. (Only half joking)

I'd watch that for sure!