Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-26-17 07:17PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Amy Nixon retiring

Announced on Twitter, Amy announced her retirement. Who will replace her on Team Carey?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-26-17 08:04PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

Yeah, I don't think they'd skip out on that Olympic pre-qualifying berth. The carrot at the end of the stick is just too enticing. I think a young, strong sweeper would really help the team, too.

02-26-17 08:18PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

My calculations show Carey will move to 13 in YTD standings....first alternate should anybody turn down a players invite...then they could try pass Flaxey for last auto berth.

02-27-17 05:52AM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

The 3 remaining members have to talk about it. I think the possibility of going to an Olympic year and that they would lose public funding is too hard to not stick together for 1 year especially with a shot at the Olympics.

02-27-17 01:46PM
scorer79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scorer79 Click here to Send scorer79 a Private Message Find more posts by scorer79 Add scorer79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scorer79
Harvey Hacksmasher

My bet would be on Kate Cameron if Englot's team disbands. Similar personality and better shot-making overall.

02-27-17 02:11PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by scorer79
My bet would be on Kate Cameron if Englot's team disbands. Similar personality and better shot-making overall.

what makes you think Englot 's team has any chance of disbanding? Seems an odd statement.

02-27-17 02:16PM
MBTuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MBTuck Click here to Send MBTuck a Private Message Find more posts by MBTuck Add MBTuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MBTuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by scorer79

Personally I think Carey moving back to MB to skip this team makes too much sense. Englot was incredible at this scotties. But you can't expect her to play much longer. Her team is super legit and they complement each other very well. Also-imagine Val Sweeting skipping this team? Wouldn't that team, atleast on paper, provide the biggest threat to Homan for years to come?

03-06-17 07:51PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

Amy's name is still listed on the roster on the Team Carey twitter page but the photos were quickly changed to feature just the three remaining members. I'll be very interested to see where they go from here. As mentioned, the Olympic carrot is huge.

03-06-17 10:52PM
Three
Swing Artist

Ottawa MGs? You are still a complete jerk Manitoba Loser.

03-08-17 01:02PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

To end the crazy conspiracy theories. It will be Cathy Overton-Clapham who will replace Nixon.

03-08-17 01:42PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC
To end the crazy conspiracy theories. It will be Cathy Overton-Clapham who will replace Nixon.

http://www.thegrandslamofcurling.co...2017-18-season/

03-08-17 01:52PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Can't see Cathy putting up with CC's whining, indecision and pouting for more than 6 months,

03-08-17 02:59PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
It will be Cathy Overton-Clapham who will replace Nixon.
Wow. Good gig. Deep MB roots - to old school, through to the new game. I think we will see respect from CC - and that COC will not be rattled (read, annoyed) by Chelsea's nervous blather. Might work. My immediate take. Didn't see it coming.

Do we know yet who is joining Laycock?

03-08-17 03:22PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Can't see Cathy putting up with CC's whining, indecision and pouting for more than 6 months,

Neither can I, from what I've seen and heard Cathy doesn't suffer fools easily.

03-08-17 06:12PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

Me, I've found Chelsea to be a first-class person. I wish her, Cathy and team the best of luck moving forward.

03-08-17 06:23PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by maybo
Me, I've found Chelsea to be a first-class person. I wish her, Cathy and team the best of luck moving forward.

I agree. It could be a great combo. Chelsea is a marvelous person. On ice, she is a bit transparent though. She is not what one would call "calm" and because of this, sometimes inconsistent. Lots of room for growth and CathyO is a giving person. I look forward to seeing this team perform.

03-09-17 10:04AM
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by nelski

I agree. It could be a great combo. Chelsea is a marvelous person. On ice, she is a bit transparent though. She is not what one would call "calm" and because of this, sometimes inconsistent. Lots of room for growth and CathyO is a giving person. I look forward to seeing this team perform.

Can't argue with those points. I think Chelsea is so driven by a will to succeed that she has trouble letting go of bad games. But I've seen her graciousness toward fans even immediately after those games and that impresses me greatly. I think adding Cathy is a superb move.

03-09-17 11:39AM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

TSN sez here that Carey is guaranteed a spot at the pre-trials.

http://www.tsn.ca/overton-clapham-j...g-team-1.691014

03-09-17 11:55AM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
TSN sez here that Carey is guaranteed a spot at the pre-trials.

http://www.tsn.ca/overton-clapham-j...g-team-1.691014

I think with Cathy on board, they have a good chance of qualifying through points for the trials, if not then a great chance to qualify through the pre-trials.

I am still on the fence about the pair getting along. During the Slams when Cathy was subbing for Silvia, I did see her get rather sharp tongued with them.

03-09-17 12:07PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
I am still on the fence about the pair getting along. During the Slams when Cathy was subbing for Silvia, I did see her get rather sharp tongued with them.

Yes. She could be a stand-up comic. Very sharp-tongued woman. If you know her - you appreciate it. Kinda thinking out loud - shrewd and accurate for the most part. I think Chelsea knows her nature. Kind. Never ill intent. We'll see how Jocelyn, Laine and Susan take it - but pretty sure it will be all good. Laughs come just as easily. Good luck Team Carey.

03-09-17 03:07PM
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
If Cathy doesn't take another bus west I suppose Susan O'Connor isn't that bad a consolation prize (at 3rd)

Susan is younger than Cathy O, she knows these girls far better than Cathy O and she's been to the high mountains!

According to the to the Team Carey twitter page, it's a done deal with CathyO..

03-09-17 03:15PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by maybo

According to the to the Team Carey twitter page, it's a done deal with CathyO..

yes, I posted the story yesterday.

03-09-17 03:26PM
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1

yes, I posted the story yesterday.

Yep...saw that Curler1. Just wanted to add confirmation as it appeared ML was not certain.