Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 2 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-01-14 10:54AM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Stoughton and Morris play at 8:30 12:30. 4:30 and 9:00 if they keep winning. Otherwise known as the rat race .. I'm tired just thinking about it.

I take it the 3:30 draw is now 4:30 due to the tie breakers ?

We are driving out to the 4:30 game.

I do not belive they will have to curl at 12:30 as that draw is for the 4 women quarter final games only??

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-01-14 10:55AM
Donr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donr Click here to Send Donr a Private Message Find more posts by Donr Add Donr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donr
Hitting Paint

There are no men's games at 12:30 so the rat race is not as bad as you think

11-01-14 11:23AM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Stoughton Morris winner plays Edin at 12:30

Winner plays maybe gushue

Howard. Jacobs advances to 4:30.

I see thanks for that. I thought maybve Edin was eliminated based on the draw to the button scores as I did not know what those were. But the Slams probably do not like to eliminate anyone that way.

11-01-14 12:13PM
Donr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donr Click here to Send Donr a Private Message Find more posts by Donr Add Donr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donr
Hitting Paint

Sorry Fresca you were right on the rat race. I will get new glasses as soon as the Slam is over. Not much I can do about a mind that can't figure out that Edin was missing from the TBs

11-01-14 01:08PM
Donr
Hitting Paint

I see it is scheduled for 3:30 Selkirk time on the T V guide

11-01-14 10:46PM
Netz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Netz Click here to Send Netz a Private Message Find more posts by Netz Add Netz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Netz
Swing Artist

Comments on Rogers jumping from game to game.

Sorry I do not like it. I want to see and relate to a "highlight" game.

11-02-14 12:37AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Its something TSN almost NEVER did.

However, Sportsnet is handling it well. Especially with Martin, Joan & Harris on the sticks.

Why not show a mens game on one channel and a womens on another?

btw - Homan is massively out-curling Sweeting but Sweeting is hanging in there, somehow.

Jones, off-form but somehow advancing is just trying to survive the Swedish onslaught.

JJ loves to overthrow those takeouts. Been doing that for years, teams are learning to leave her the hit. Misses it about half the time.

11-02-14 01:58AM
radiowave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for radiowave Click here to Send radiowave a Private Message Find more posts by radiowave Add radiowave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiowave
Hitting Paint

It's going to take Courtney some time to fit in with that team, she's a mercurial player who can be frustrating at times. I hope it works out for her, she seems super cool and is really fun to watch. Her A1 brushing will definitely help smooth out the wider variance in her percentages in comparison to Ali K, who was the best second in the game and won't be be replaced any time soon.

Really impressed with Jacobs this week after the tough start. I think they'll be REALLY tough to take out at the Brier. They just got diced by a hotter team tonight. Impressive performance!

I love watching the Sigfriddson team swashbuckle their way up and down the ice.

Not impressed by the Carey team this week, I'll leave it at that.

I love Kevin in the booth, always great to hear insight by one of the all time greats. I think Harris is a bore and doesn't know when to shut it. Too often he jumped on Kevin's points and didn't give him any space, as if he were marking his territory ! Joan has always been pretty weak in my eyes. Sporstnet could do much better. TSN's coverage would completely destroy if not for Martin.

I wonder about things, like, if we call an orange an "orange," then why don't we call a banana a "yellow" or an apple a "red"? Blueberries I understand, but will someone explain gooseberries to me?

Last edited by radiowave on 11-02-14 at 03:26AM

11-02-14 03:49AM
radiowave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for radiowave Click here to Send radiowave a Private Message Find more posts by radiowave Add radiowave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiowave
Hitting Paint

quote:
btw - Homan is massively out-curling Sweeting but Sweeting is hanging in there, somehow.

Simple, style of play. Homan can control a a game while leading 1-0, but the longer it stays close the greater the chance for an upset. One bad shot late or a pick (which happened tonight) and it's game over. Amazing shooters whose great strength is also their crutch. I'd love to see them hire a coach who challenges their ideology. Kevin Martin evolved and he took his game to even greater heights.

I wonder about things, like, if we call an orange an "orange," then why don't we call a banana a "yellow" or an apple a "red"? Blueberries I understand, but will someone explain gooseberries to me?

Last edited by radiowave on 11-02-14 at 03:55AM

11-02-14 08:05AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

I thought the multiple game coverage was good. Wonder if that was an attempt to counter the new TSN channels or a dare to TSN to show multiple games?

McEwen made it look easy. Great to see Sweeting win.

JH

11-02-14 09:44AM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

Sportsnet's Semi-Final Multi-Game Format

Full congrats to Sportsnet for their multi-game semi-final coverage. I felt like I got to watch all four exciting semi-final games last night, not just one game with a few highlights from the others.

TSN could learn something. While their announcers are great, they show very little of the other games. And they stubbornly stay with their featured game even when most viewers know it is essentially over.

Traditionalists may say, 'no I like only one feature game being shown'. But it's tough to argue that we didn't get invested in ALL the games last night because of Sportsnet's extra efforts and originality. Great stuff.

11-02-14 10:07AM
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by radiowave
It's going to take Courtney some time to fit in with that team, she's a mercurial player who can be frustrating at times. I hope it works out for her, she seems super cool and is really fun to watch. Her A1 brushing will definitely help smooth out the wider variance in her percentages in comparison to Ali K, who was the best second in the game and won't be be replaced any time soon.

Really impressed with Jacobs this week after the tough start. I think they'll be REALLY tough to take out at the Brier. They just got diced by a hotter team tonight. Impressive performance!

I love watching the Sigfriddson team swashbuckle their way up and down the ice.

Not impressed by the Carey team this week, I'll leave it at that.

I love Kevin in the booth, always great to hear insight by one of the all time greats. I think Harris is a bore and doesn't know when to shut it. Too often he jumped on Kevin's points and didn't give him any space, as if he were marking his territory ! Joan has always been pretty weak in my eyes. Sporstnet could do much better. TSN's coverage would completely destroy if not for Martin.

I agree totally with your thoughts on Martin. I think you may be a bit too harsh regarding Harris. And unfortunately I have to say you are bang on reagarding Joan. Even though she is from the same neck of woods as myself and I liked her as curler back in the glory days with Sandra's team; her announcing style is not a good fit on these broadcasts.

11-02-14 11:04AM
radiowave
Hitting Paint

quote:
[B]

2 things did in Homan last night;

1. 5 rock rule - more garbage means more 'unique' house set-ups which quite frankly Rachel is ill-equipped to confront.

2. No Earle Morris - see point 1 (Morris could also keep them cool)

She has a game plan and rigidly sticks to it when, IMO, she should diversify her strategy and be more open to changing gears if need be. No different then the in-game adjustments in other sports. She was dominating early on in the percentages, why not strike and put the pressure on? This is the next level for them.

I think a fresh perspective from a coaching aspect could be a good thing, but I don't know what the situation is.

Last edited by radiowave on 11-02-14 at 11:09AM

11-02-14 11:07AM
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
I like the coverage of the four games tonight. Back to one tomorrow. -

But I know how he feels ... Worth it for me thou

My first impression was not favorable with the supposed coverage of all 4 games. Maybe I just need to give it another chance. The most frustrating part was the last hour or so when we only saw the last two or three rocks from ends 6 - 8 in the Gushue Epping game. They only did this different coverage for the semis last night when there were two men's and two women's games and perhaps do not want show a preference for one gender.

11-02-14 11:15AM
radiowave
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by prairie guy

I liked her as curler back in the glory days with Sandra's team; her announcing style is not a good fit on these broadcasts.

Couldn't agree more. She and Harris are broken records. I get the feeling a lot of the women players would take issue with McCusker's insight.... (snicker)

I do like the 4 game coverage though. :up:

Last edited by radiowave on 11-02-14 at 11:26AM

11-02-14 01:20PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by radiowave

Couldn't agree more. She and Harris are broken records. I get the feeling a lot of the women players would take issue with McCusker's insight.... (snicker)

I do like the 4 game coverage though. :up:

Joan is annoying with her comments. Sometimes her giggling drives me to mute. Also, she is just plain silly sometimes. I'm okay with three guys in the booth.

11-02-14 05:03PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

My fan light follows Cathy-O. Tickled pink with the Sweeting win. WTG C-O, and team.

11-02-14 05:10PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

OMG back to back 4 enders. What gives? Not only to give one up, but to take one back??? Ice? 5 rock rule?.. More than anything... Brad's reaction to giving up the foursey? I don't have cable. Please tell e what happened. Shocker.

11-02-14 05:50PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

keen to see the shot. hope it gets posted somewhere. followed play by play on twitter. Happy the event was a success. Enthusiasm tells me 5rock rule might stick around. We'll see what the teams who had less success say about that.

gold peteski. thanks for posting it.

Last edited by nelski on 11-02-14 at 06:51PM

11-02-14 06:34PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

http://www.sportsnet.ca/curling/got...row_ids=1617293

Pretty good!

11-02-14 07:01PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Top 4 Womens Teams

quote:
I think its clear the Top 4 womens teams in the world got to the Final 4 in Selkirk. Funny, the wounded one, the one with a spare ended up taking the sauce, gravy and full roast away from the table.

No question Jones and Homan are still 1-2. Jones put on quite a show before running out of gas vs. Siggy in the semi. She was pretty much curled out and you could see it from the taut expression on her face. The razor sharpness was gone - they were actually lucky to get by Sherry Middaugh despite giving up a late 3-spot.

Sweeting got rim-rocked earlier in the week with the departure of Andrea Crawford on the eve of the event. Finding a spare, getting one as experienced as Cathy O was a real blessing. The Swedes were going good, coming off a deserved conquest of Jones. Sweeting survived a mistake fest vs. the mighty homan.

That said, with apologies to Binny Feltscher I rank them. -

1. Jones
2. Homan
3. Sweeting
4. Sigfriddson
5. Feltscher

you cant not have muirhead in the top 4 and there's no way sweeting is ahead of sigfridsson

the top 4 teams in the world right now are sigfridsson, jones, muirhead and homan

11-02-14 07:03PM
TNH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TNH Click here to Send TNH a Private Message Find more posts by TNH Add TNH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TNH
Hitting Paint

The McEwan shot is also on Youtube. search for Mcewan curling and you'll find the 12 sec clip. Amazing!

11-02-14 07:46PM
radiowave
Hitting Paint

I'll go:

1) Jones (Canada)
2) Homan (Canada)
3) Muirhead (Scotland)
4) Sigfriddson (Sweden)
5) Sweeting (Canada)

If Jones and Homan are on I feel there's a bit of separation from the rest. Eve had a poor week but is still the ultimate gamer. Sigfriddson takes punches like nobody else and keeps on coming, while Sweeting is a solid performer with a knack for delivering in the key moments. After that comes one of the Swiss teams, so give it to the world champs.

Last edited by radiowave on 11-02-14 at 07:53PM

11-02-14 07:59PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: Re: Top 4 Womens Teams

quote:

Muirhead has been fading. New front end player. That said, she's still the most dangerous last-rock shooter in the women's game. A big game hunter to be sure. But right now its not coming together as a team. Still young and probably has 7 to 10 more auto-berths at worlds, 2 or 3 Olympic auto-berths, too!

Sweeting overcame massive adversity this week to top a great womens curling field!

eve hasnt had a great year but at her best she's ahead of sweeting for sure

if i had to rank the top 10 womens teams in the world right now i'd rank them as follows:

1. jones
2. muirhead
3. homan
4. sigfridsson
5. sweeting
6. sidorova
7. feltscher
8. tirinzoni
9. carey
10. jaggi

ogasawara is having a really good season and has beaten some really good teams this year but i cant put them in the top 10.

11-02-14 08:29PM
radiowave
Hitting Paint

quote:

And although Va; seems unflappable she has to be driven by an inner rage which says about Rachel Homan - "How dare you raid my team and pluck the strongest sweeper in the world? How dare you?"

Absolutely, you could feel that through the flat screen when she made that double against Rachel in the Semi's. She wanted blood! Hopefully her new third works out for the team, the more great Canadian teams the better.