Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 2 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-06-13 06:19PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Horses

Da ponies are starting to leak into curling threads...so I guess I'm late.

Santa Anita goes today. Flashback is the prohibitive favorite with odds that won't buy you lunch. Try something exotic with Tiz A Minister and hope of weird stuff to happen.

The Wood Memorial features a horse that has been melting stopwatches and winning races by a country mile. He won the Tampa Bay Derby after spending the second furlong looking around and even backwards. In the stretch run, he looked like he was jogging. Then the jockey pushed on his neck twice...just with hands, never even showed the whip. Verrazano.

The odds on Verrazano will be pedestrian. Try Mr. Palmer win some exotics to get enough cash back to throw yourself a party.

Tuck

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-07-13 07:49AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Verrazano did not impress. Super slow fractions and he does like to wait for company. Unraced at two will be interesting what he does in the Derby. Also since 2004, the Wood has produced 19 Kentucky Derby starters with no better than a fourth-place finish.

Goldencents looked good in the Santa Anita. Slow half in that race as well.

Verrazano will get all the money. Throw him out.

JH
time to read the DRF every day

04-07-13 11:44AM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Goldencents is trained by Doug O'Neil...who is being called Drug O'Neil in some circles. O'Neil's breakdown rate is double the national average. While he seems very charismatic and likable, I don't see myself betting on his horses very often. I hate seeing these beautiful horses put down. I think we need to see trainers, assistant trainers and handlers see a little bit of jail time. Suspensions and fines aren't cleaning up the sport.

If the Kentucky Derby uses surveillance and restricted barns, I don't see Goldencents being a factor.

I do think that the lightly raced Verrazano will be a factor. Lightly raced horses do struggle in large fields like we will see in the Derby, but his tactical speed should keep him out of trouble. Alas, he doesn't seem to like crowds and it will be a crowded far turn.

It is starting to get interesting.

Willy's filly, Close Hatches, went wire to wire and showed heart when challenged. She looks like an Oaks favorite.

Weird start to the Wood. Some horse almost kicked down the gate to get things started. The started saw this and opened it up as soon as he could. The last horse to be loaded, Freedom Child, still had his starter's assistant hanging on to his reins. Worst start possible for that horse. The gate assistant ends up being dragged onto the track. Wild. Freedom's Child had no chance after that.

Ben Tucker

04-07-13 12:36PM
Frykenstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Frykenstein Click here to Send Frykenstein a Private Message Find more posts by Frykenstein Add Frykenstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frykenstein
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by jhcurl
time to read the DRF every day

Does the DRF show which horses are Canadian and which are American? I'm told that Canada has tremendous depth, but I'm wary of ex-pat Canadian horses than move to the US and start winning races. I mean, let's be real!

Also, have any horses spent time at Ray Turnbull's summer cottage or been to a Yankees game w/ Dave and Heather? Seems like that might be important to know before I place any bets.

So many factors to consider! I really need to follow horse racing more carefully.

04-07-13 12:39PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

They did restricted barns and cameras for 72 hours at Santa Anita.

They actually ruled Freedom Child as a non-starter because of the problem with the assistant starter. It was very strange.

JH

04-07-13 01:06PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Somebody should text Nick Meyers and tell him that Texas Bling will be running in the Arkansas Derby. Texas Bling is looking good now that he has Boreal riding.

We have a long way to go before the first Saturday in May. Right now, the best value looks to be Govenor Charlie. That is not a misspelling...they spell it Govenor...which is kinda cool.

Gov'nor won the Sunland Derby in the best time of the young year. He clocked that time and captured that win despite being three wide for the entire trip.

Ben Tucker

04-07-13 02:20PM
Willy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Willy Click here to Send Willy a Private Message Find more posts by Willy Add Willy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Willy
Drawmaster

u guys r good

I'm sticking with vyjack, will admit he didn't look good in Da Wood, but with the right medicine he'll win Da Derby... Hey theres a curling match tonight.. I need Jeff Gordon to win at Martinsville, Yes we bet Nascar, its not pretty.....

04-07-13 05:23PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

The better prop bet was Danica in the top 20. Like her or not, that was impressive.

Vyjack will figure in my tickets for sure. I am not drinking the Verazzano Kool Aid or the O'Neil milkshake as it were.

JH
Might be time for a really early "ramblings" thread

04-08-13 03:26PM
nom de broom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nom de broom Find more posts by nom de broom Add nom de broom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nom de broom
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Frykenstein

Does the DRF show which horses are Canadian and which are American? I'm told that Canada has tremendous depth, but I'm wary of ex-pat Canadian horses than move to the US and start winning races. I mean, let's be real!

Also, have any horses spent time at Ray Turnbull's summer cottage or been to a Yankees game w/ Dave and Heather? Seems like that might be important to know before I place any bets.

So many factors to consider! I really need to follow horse racing more carefully.

I love you, Fry.

04-12-13 12:21PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

A fun Saturday tomorrow. Oaklawn will be running the Arkansas Derby which was dominated by Bodemeister last year. Keeneland will be running the Blue Grass Stakes. I hope to make it to a simulcast bar and do some small bets. I don't enjoy gambling very much, but I do like the mental exercise...and who doesn't love a thrilling stretch run?

Oxbow will probably be the favorite by post time in the Arkansas Derby, but there are too many good horses in the field to be betting the mortgage payment. Overanalyse, War Academy and Den's Legacy could win.

I like the son of a sprinter who also had a sprinter for a mother...and grandparents...and great grandparents. For the life of me, I can't figure out why I like this horse...but I like this horse: Texas Bling. He'll probably run in second place for most of the race...stick his nose into first place at the top of the stretch...and then fade to finish sixth. Still, I'm going to box him with the entire field in $2 exactas because I am an idiot.

In the other race at Oaklawn, I will be losing money on a 10-1 shot in the named Pocket Power in the 11th race. Sired by Giant's Causeway and racing for the very first time...meaning it the first time on Lasik.

A good old horse, Fort Larned, will be going in an earlier race against some really good younger horses (Alternation, Atigun, Unstoppable U, Win Willy). They are trying to make it a fair race by putting a lot of pounds on Fort Larned. It won't matter. They could make that horse carry Jeff Hannon and Fort Larned would still win.

Nehro is running in the fourth race at Oaklawn, but he'll be bet down to even money by post time. I have yet to figure out how to make money on him given no odds.

The Blue Grass is wide open. I'm sure the bettors will favor Uncaptured and Java's War. I really like Rydilluc...even though I can't pronounce it. Good thing Duck is calling the World Mixed Doubles. I would butcher those names worse that Don Cherry on Hockey Night in Canada after a big fight. My wife loves Fear The Kitten because, according to her, it's the best horse name ever. Not a bad colt out of Kitten's Joy and the odds will be very long...so it looks like some of her school teaching money will go to the cashier.

That's the 10th race at Keeneland. The ninth race looks like a lock for Samitar, so maybe a nice Daily Double is in order.

Ben Tucker
Really knows nothing about horses...so do NOT follow my advice

04-12-13 12:42PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

More interesting to curlers will soon be the son of the great Curlin.

Palace Malice is not yet three years old. He was foaled in May. Although he runs with 3 year olds this year, most of them were born in February. That doesn't mean much to humans, but to horses it is significant. Very significant.

Remember also that our favorite horse, Curlin, did not really shine until he was 3 1/2 years old. Leading up to the Kentucky Derby and in that Derby, he was fairly ordinary. It was later in the Triple Crown that he started to shine and months later in the Breeders Cup Classic that he became a star.

So keep an eye on Palace Malice. I think he's too young to be a factor in today's Blue Grass. He still looks leggy and thin like his father did at this age. I think all of Curlin's offspring will be late bloomers. We need to pool our money and buy some of his yearlings. We'll name them Hack Weight and Double Takeout and Hogger and Three Ender and Peel The Guard.

I still like Governor Charlie for the Derby...so far...if he gets in. Nobody is talking about him, so the odds should be huge. His sire, Midnight Lute, was more of a sprinter and was just starting longer races when he got injured...but running and winning the Sunland Derby racing three or four wide the entire trip has me unconcerned about stamina. Baffert trains him. If Garcia continues choosing to ride him, that will tell me a lot.

Ben Tucker
Really...I know nothing about horses...listen to JHcurl or Willy

04-12-13 08:07PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

OK, a special Horse Thing for the Canadians like Murph and Nine Ender that occasionally come slum-ing down here in the lowly American threads:

I realize that most Americans think that the USA is not only the best nation on earth...we think it is the best nation of all time. True or not, nothing is more annoying than us Americans' inability to make it through a single day without claiming greatness. Horribly annoying and kinda rude.

So, let me tell you about a Canadian horse running tomorrow. Frykenstein and Nom De Broom will be thrilled to use it as a poke at JHcurl...even though I already poked him by insinuating that he'd be a rather large jockey.

Tesseron will be running at Keeneland in the Blue Grass Stakes. A son of Pulpit through a Canadian mare, he's owned by a horse farm in Alberta. I suspect that the Daily Racing Forum believes that Alberta is a Canadian city judging from their use of the proper noun, but that reflects on them...not me.

Tesseron will go off at huge odds. Huge. He'd be a pretty good bet. Great breeding and some decent times. I don't think he'll be in the top three, but with those odds...putting him in an exacta or trifecta might be a great play. One thing will be for certain, he'll be the best looking horse on the track. Gorgeous animal.

Ben Tucker
Oh, Canada, we stand on guard for thee

04-13-13 11:33AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

OK, changing my mind on the Arkansas Derby. Watching Freddie Couples out-golf all those young punks has me cheering for my fellow 50 year-olds. Switching my money to Oxbow with the ageless Gary Stevens onboard.

Gary Stevens was once a great jockey. He retired and was doing well as a commentator for NBC. He also starred in an HBO series where he played an aging jockey who was living life drunk and wild. Alas, off the screen, Stevens was living life drunk and wild. It got out of hand. So he dried out, cleaned up, got in shape and came out of retirement.

Stevens has been riding in California with great success so far. I'm betting on him today, despite the crappy luck of drawing the 10 hole. I think he has a great horse today. Oxbow is trained by D. Wayne Lucas...speaking of really old guys.

Couples, Stevens and Tuck...it's a weekend for us old dudes.

Ben Tucker
Texas Bling? Maybe if I get 30 to 1...which might happen.

04-13-13 08:36PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

So I just limped home from the simulcast bar. I go lucky on a trifecta of three favorites in the fillies race. My son, Moogie (not his given name), hit the Blue Grass pretty good because he trusts Willy. All in all, about broke even and was fortunate to do so.

The place didn't carry Oaklawn, so I couldn't bet on any of those races. On the drive home, I kept thinking "If only I could have bet on the Arkansas Dery...I'd be rolling in money." I get home to check the results and...I'd have lost every bet.

So my conclusions from this:

1. I am an idiot

2. Horseracing is fun if you keep your bets small

3. God looks after idiots

Overanalyze wins the Arkansas in a time so slow that they must have used two stopwatches. Java War wins the Blue Grass in almost the same time.

Nobody tell anybody about Govenor Charlie. His time is great and the odds should be long.

Ben Tucker
So lucky not to be broke

04-25-13 02:14PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

A bump to get this back toward the top. Also, those horsie folk no doubt saw that Godolphin racing shut down an entire stable in England. Seems the trainer Zorooni was doping all the horses, at least 11 of them. I don't think there will be any Godolphin imports in the triple crown this year.

JH
10 days

04-26-13 08:00PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

JH does a post...mostly to bump one of his favorite topics to the top of the list. I fear most curlers hate the annual Horse topic and wish we would stop. Some love it only because it gives them an opportunity to laugh at the silliness.

Me? I like it. I'm also liking, more and more, Willy's filly in the Oaks. Great horse at wonderful odds. We'll know in seven days.

For those who only watch the Triple Crown or The Derby, Godolphin Stables is more than just a barn for horses. It is the massive horse business owned by Sheikh Mohammed. He is the Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, the king of Dubai and one of the wealthiest men in the world. He also loves to own racehorses. He breeds the very best and buys the very best. He owns horses all over the world.

Surprisingly, the Sheikh has had racing success all over the world...even in the USA...except for the Triple Crown.

Sheikh Mohammed truly loves horses and has been extremely vocal about doping. He's even passionately opposed to Lasix (which I disagree with because stopping the horses from bleeding into their noses seems gentler to me) and jail time for handlers that dope (which I agree with). So to find one of his two trainers in England doping is very surprising. I would not want to be that trainer. The Sheikh is worth approximately $10,000,000,000. Yep...that's a lot of zeros.

The Derby's post positions will be selected in a Made For TV event on May 1st. Then smart guys like JH and Willy will cross off the horses that start too close to the rail and the horses that start too far outside. All the horses will do their workouts (breezing) this weekend and smart guys will pay attention to that as well.

A better Made For TV event would be a reality series about how the drugging trainer's life spirals into the gutter when the Sheikh uses his billions to keep him away from horses.

Ben Tucker

04-28-13 05:30PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

The Derby runs in six days. I can't find a horse that I really like. I might end up betting on the horse I hate the least. Maybe it is finally the year that a horse comes over from Ireland and wins. This American crop is looking kinda slow.

I did like Govenor Charlie (misspelling is his, not mine), but a sore hoof has kept him from training. He's scheduled for a stiff workout tomorrow (Monday) morning and Baffert will decide then if he'll run or not. Bummer. At long odds, I loved this horse.

Secretariat won this race in 1 minute and 59 seconds. This crop of future dog food will probably only have a winning time of 2:04. Do you know how much 5 seconds is for horse racing? Imagine Secretariat hitting the finish line...then count slowly to five. It is an eternity.

Far more interesting is the Kentucky Oaks to be run on Friday night. The Oaks is for the girls...3 year old fillies. This year, it is packed with speed and class. Four of these fillies (DreamingOfJulia, MidnightLucky, Beholder and CloseHatches) could seriously contend with the boys for the Derby. A fifth one (UnlimitedBudget) would be...at worst...the middle of the pack against the colts.

Maybe DerekTheScot and the USCA coaching staff should bet something on UnlimitedBudget. An unlimited budget would sure be fun for our High Performance Program.

Ben Tucker

04-28-13 06:17PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

I need to find the right words to get my buddies, Willy and JH, off their horses. This is tougher than it appears, because the first rule of horse betting is to never let somebody talk you off your horse.

Still, Vyjack and Goldencents are both sons of the same sprinter, IntoMischief. They obviously have different mothers (both horses are three years old), but both the mares are also sprinters. Dosage (ancient algebra to predict a young horse's stamina by looking at its parents and grandparents) is a lousy way to pick a winner...but it is still good for picking losers. Vyjack and Goldencents will only win with help from a hypodermic needle.

Next on my list of things to do is to rewrite my column. It is crappy so far. The deadline was Friday, but Terry Kolesar is probably at the USCA Spring BOD meeting...so I can do a rewrite. Good writing is rewriting...so I've been told.

I also need to change the opinions of the entire horseracing community. Every expert seems to think that pace will be a problem for this year's Kentucky Derby. What a load of crap. If anything, the pace will be too hot in the early going.

FallingSky will break well and then relax in the lead. His "relax" is blazing fast. If you want a preview of this year's Derby, watch the 2004 Derby. FallingSky's father, LionHeart, was always a front running horse. He lead that entire Derby before getting edged by Smarty Jones at the wire. Tapit went out with LionHeart and faded to sixth.

Chasing FallingSky will be Verrazano (who does not like to wait for company...like Hannon says), Oxbow (who showed everybody in Arkansas that he hates getting dirt kicked into his face), Goldencents and ItsMyLuckyDay. They will do an opening 1/4 in 23 and the opening half in 47 as the field stretches out behind them.

As the come out of the second turn and hit the home stretch, Oxbow and FallingSky will have something left. Verrazano, ItsMyLuckyDay and Goldencents will have nothing. Nothing.

So all of the experts are looking for an English style race...really slow start and then a frantic finish started by the first jockey to get excited. I don't see it that way at all. They live horseracing while I am a farmer and recovering curling addict. I think you should trust me.

Ben Tucker
2004 Derby...deja vu

Last edited by tuck on 04-28-13 at 06:39PM

04-29-13 05:55PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Here is the idiot talking about the Kentucky Derby again. I've given it way too much time, thought and effort. I don't like any of these horses. Still, one thought and then five horses I don't hate. Just so you have advice from a guy who knows nothing about horses.

The thought that comes to mind is that Baffert and Breen are really smart guys. There is a new Points system to get into the Derby. These two guys seem to have figured out, "Get the easiest 50 points you can and then train/rest your horse". It almost worked for Baffert, but Gov. Charlie bruised a hoof and will have to wait for the Preakness. Tough day for me and Baffert. I liked that horse.

5 horses I don't hate:

PalaceMalice: Son of our favorite horse, Curlin. Bred to run all day. He was born late (3 years and 2 days old this Saturday for the Derby), so he was 2 years and 10 months old when running this year against colts that were 3 years and 2 months old. Doesn't sound like much, but it is a big thing. Would have easily won the Blue Grass if he didn't pause his stretch run to gawk at the crowd. Now that he is three years old, he might be a super horse. I wish he wasn't so heavily raced this year, but he needed the points.

Orb: Might end up being the favorite, so the odds won't be great. Again, bred for distance. That's my theme today.

WillTakeCharge: Nice late runner who is versatile enough to handle traffic. Mother is the great TakeChargeLady. Sire is UnbridledSong who's sons can be prone to injury.

Oxbow: Son of AwesomeAgain and TizAmazing (out of Cee's Tizzy) should be able to run all day. The horse gets ripped by the experts because he can't put two good races together. It looks to me like he just hates eating dirt in the middle or back of the field. I think they learned that out finally and he will be consistently good from here on out.

Black Onyx: Son of RockHardTen should have the stamina. Long odds on a good horse means value. Value is good when you have no idea who will win and I have no idea who will win. Rainy forecast favors this longshot. He has won on slop, dirt, grass and poly. Breen got him points early and has been training him at Churchill Downs for over a month. New Jersey colt with a New Jersey trainer and a New Jersey jockey. Really long odds for a proven winner with good breeding.

Now we'll see how the draw for post positions screws my picks. The inside two horses (post positions 1 and 2) are really screwed. The outside four positions (if they do end up with 20 horses...any starting spot over 16 is very bad) are really screwed. That is unless you like Java's War. He comes out of the gate at a walk, so he doesn't care what stall he gets.

Ben Tucker
If you are going to bet a lot of money, get better advice

04-30-13 10:05AM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Starting the week of study. Orb turns in a really strong work and might be the favorite. Don't worry about the odds, they will still be 4-1 or 5-1.

Might have to play the Pletcher exacta box. 5 horses in the race and one of them has Calvin Bo-rail in the saddle.

Baffert lost both his entries so will be on the sidelines watching. Still liking the O'Neill horse (Goldencents), hope he makes up a good milkshake for this race.

If Tuck makes a pick might have to box Willy/Tuck/me for an exacta. That is if Willy is still on Vyjack.

Looks like a 20 horse field. Fear the Kitten rounded out the field.

JH
reading the DRF every day

05-01-13 09:08PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Post positions are out.

Good - Borel in post 3, close to that rail. Goldencents in the 8 hole.

Bad - Vyjack in 20, Orb and Verrazano also in the auxiliary gate. That could be good as well if you are ruling one of them out, like me.

Past performances should be out tomorrow for free. I will be on an airplane so need to get those download to look at on the plane.

JH

05-01-13 11:13PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Crap. Two of the horses that I don't hate drew the 1 spot along the rail and the 2 spot...Black Onyx and Oxbow. Crap, crap, crap.

Now some smartass is going to point out that The Derby has been won 20 times from the 1 spot. This is a 20 horse field with big horses in the center of the starting gate.

60% chance of rain in Kentucky on Saturday.

JH will take Orb. Mostly because Orb is the best horse and JH isn't an idiot.

Willy will take Normandy Invasion because he is a good horse at very generous odds...and Willy likes the number 5.

I'm going to take Palace Malice at 20-1. My hope is that he is the one most improving because he was born the latest.

3-1, 12-1 and 20-1...should be a good CZ trifecta payoff. A six dollar trifecta box might pay you around $600? Trifectas are hard to figure out because they come from a pool. The pool is split up over the total number of winning tickets. Odds give you a guess...but just a guess. I think Palace Malice in the trifecta box will make it valuable. Willy and JH are little or no help to our net worth.

Ben Tucker

05-03-13 01:44PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Going against my usual pattern of throwing out the favorite. I do think Orb is the best horse and will win. However, only 4 out of the last 20 years has the favorite won, which is why I throw them out.

Who else is in the mix - Revolutionary with Bo-rail, Goldencents although it is tough to win back to back Derbys. Also, a bit of a surprise in Overanalyze, Crist likes him so good enough for me.

Will key Orb in exactas and tris and hope the price doesn't get too short. DRF says 8 horses could win and if you ran it 6 times, there would be 6 different winners.

JH
time to find the throw outs

05-03-13 02:39PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

At least Tuck won't kick himself for not taking the Black Onyx in the 1 post. Black Onyx scratched today. Fear the Kitten was the alternate entry but scratched yesterday. So, we are down to 19. That does not make it any easier.

Jennie Rees likes Orb.

Oh and to answer Tuck's question from way back in this thread. 5 seconds is at least 25 lengths and probably closer to 30. A little extrapolation and math says that is close to the length of a football field, that is a looooong way.

JH
I hate betting favorites

05-03-13 10:24PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Just got back from getting my ass handed to me at the simulcast betting bar. My wife, Kris, looked awesome in her Breast Cancer Awareness Pink. She had some surgery a couple of days ago, so it was great to get her out for a little bit.

Lost some money on the Kentucky Oaks. I have no live slips for the Derby/Oaks Double.

Placed my bets for the Derby, despite the rainy forecast...but with the rain in mind. I still like longshot Palace Malice to win it in a huge upset, but I'm the only person on the planet thinking such thoughts.

I did a 5 horse trifecta box. They are very costly, so I would recommend doing it at $1. That's $60. My five have two horses I really think might win it and three longshots that I don't hate.

Orb
Revolutionary

Palace Malice
Frac Daddy
Lines of Battle

I'm pretty sure that one of my top two (or both) with finish in the top three. Now I need one or two of the longshots to finish up there for a big payday. If all three of the longshots take the top three spots, it will be a huge payday.

I also took those same five horses in a superfecta box. I'd recommend doing it at 50 cents. That will cost you $60.

I did both boxes a bit bigger than the $1 and .50. Why? Because I am an idiot. Haven't we proven that already?

So when I don't pick your team to win a curling event, just remember "That's the same idiot that picked Palace Malice." You don't want your team picked by me, anyway. It is simply a curse.

Early betting has Orb dropping out of Favorite status with Goldencents and Revolutionary climbing. Northeast money will come pouring down on Varrizano in the morning. All of that will doom JHcurl into picking Orb in public. Why? Because, unlike me, Hannon is not an idiot.

Ben Tucker
Needing Frac Daddy or Lines of Battle (both crappy horses) to crack the top three at over 50-1