Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 16 of 16 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-07-16 08:10PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

mens playdowns are going right as expected. where are the upsets? come on, lets have a little element of surprise here

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-08-16 12:16AM
FollowingAlong is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FollowingAlong Click here to Send FollowingAlong a Private Message Find more posts by FollowingAlong Add FollowingAlong to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FollowingAlong
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Laycock was pretty much a fait accompli in Sask'n. Howard a slight upset in Ontario but the guy's been to the well so many times its hard to call it an upset over someone who hasn't (Epping) and another guy who's only been there once (Harris).

Manitoba and Alberta should be interesting contests. McEwen no longer a hard favourite anymore while Koe should be the odd-on guy in Alberta. If Koe is on his game most of the alberta field may as well pack a day bag for the event and a doggy bag for the banquet.

Cotter has to be the odds-on favourite in BC, barring a power failure.

The street toughs should take the duke in N. Ontario.

Not sure why you would consider Howard's win today an upset. They were the top ranked team in the round robin by 2 games. A loss in the Page 1-2 game followed up by a semi final and final win hardly constitutes an upset even though both games were close and perhaps could have gone either way.

02-09-16 08:41AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

so we are pretty much done with the mens playdowns and unlike the ladies everything has gone as expected.

there are only 4 playdowns left: manitoba, alberta,northern ontario and british columbia

can we see any upsets happening here and getting someone different at the brier

my thoughts:

alberta- koe is the hot favorite and it would be a stunner if he didnt get through. however he will have good opposition in the form of brendan bottcher and charley thomas. somewhat surprisingly i think thomas is the bigger threat.

northern ontario - much like newfoundland this is pretty much a walk through for brad. will be interesting to follow the young horgan rink and see how they do here. dylan johnston, the semi finalist from last year and former canadian junior silver medalist would appear to be the biggest competition here.

manitoba - we all know mike will be a favorite to get out of manitoba finally.carruthers and dunstone will be his biggest challengers. perhaps the big surprise here is no braeden calvert,he's really had a rough go of things. veterans here like daley peters, denis and david bohn, jared kolomoya and william lyburn and the youngster alex forrest make this the toughest provence to get out of and all of them are dangerous, even to the big 3. still its most likely going to be one of the dunstone/mcewen/carruthers trio to win. if its not one of them its just to close to call

british columbia - cotter will be heavy favorite . geall and joanisse top contenders. this appears to be the province with the best chance of an upset

02-09-16 02:16PM
red rocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for red rocks Click here to Send red rocks a Private Message Find more posts by red rocks Add red rocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
red rocks
Harvey Hacksmasher

Hard to go against:
Cotter
Koe
Jacobs,

I think Alberta has the best chance of an upset of the 3 but will be tough.
Manitoba is more wide open I feel with
McEwen and Crauthers being close to co favs with challenges coming from 4-5 other teams.

02-11-16 02:46PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

We've added a volunteer in BC! We'll have limited coverage of the BC men's playdowns starting now:

https://games.curlinggeek.com

02-11-16 03:59PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

thats a pretty huge upset. you thought thomas and bottcher could knock koe off for sure but didnt see a loss to lizmore coming.

good young teal but didnt think they had that in them

02-11-16 04:02PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

and another big surprise today.dylan johnston takes our brad jacobs with an 8-5 win.win keeps the former northern ontario junior champion and canadian silver medalist alive

02-11-16 06:13PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Re: Re: MONSTERS LOSING

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I think monsters losing in preliminary play is a bit over-rated. Too often we expect our curling monsters to waltz free thru to their national championships - - - so I'm a bit non-plussed when someone like Bottcher loses to a mini-monster in Charles Thomas..... a bit surprised Koe went down to a lesser-light especially after KK stole in 10 to send it to an extra.

Carruthers and McEwen have been mowing down all comers in Manitoba. So far.

Cotter doing likewise in BC.

The one I'm most surprised is Jacobs falling at the hands of someone new today. Ever since Mike Jakubo hung things up there's really been no one in Northern Ontario to confront the street toughs.

I'm sure Brier organizers are pulling for Koe, Jacobs, Cotter, etc. to fill out the Brier lineup. . . . . . they'd probably do better with Matty Dunstone than either McEwen or Carruthers - - - but Mike McEwen getting thru would provide an emotional story for a fairly unemotional team. A junior getting out of Manitoba would be huge news, both in Manitoba and on the national scene. Dunstone probably even better-equipped to push aside the monsters of Manitoba than anyone else, including what Calvert did last year.

Even if they win, Dunstone & co. are committed to World Juniors:

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2016/02/...f4b2e130011bc70

Hopefully Dunstone won't make or win the final. I say this simply because it would make the final game essentially meaningless, and if they were to win it it would cheapen the buffalo for whoever gets it.

Imagine this one...Dunstone/McEwen final, Dunstone wins, McEwen finally gets his trip to the Brier on a technicality. That would be lame.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

02-11-16 06:22PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Ml "carruthers/mcewen mowing down". Keep in mind with 32 rinks and top seeds playing bottom seeds, the gap is wide and they should win.

02-11-16 07:58PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: Re: MONSTERS LOSING

quote:
Originally posted by Phil_D

Even if they win, Dunstone & co. are committed to World Juniors:

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2016/02/...f4b2e130011bc70

Hopefully Dunstone won't make or win the final. I say this simply because it would make the final game essentially meaningless, and if they were to win it it would cheapen the buffalo for whoever gets it.

Imagine this one...Dunstone/McEwen final, Dunstone wins, McEwen finally gets his trip to the Brier on a technicality. That would be lame.

i agree completely.

02-11-16 08:44PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Re: Let it play out

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
As ML wrote..if Dunstone had not been in the event the #33 seed would get in..

Matt Dunstone is a top curler.. He should be allowed to develop his game thru this Tankard..

Let Manitoba work it out.. just my 2 pennies

I didn't say that he shouldn't be there. They're a great team and they earned their right to be there.

I didn't say that he shouldn't try to win it all either. They should give it their all just as any other team would.

What I said, and what I am saying is that I hope Dunstone doesn't make the final or win it all, simply due to the fact that it would cheapen the result...especially if Dunstone wins it all.

Am I cheering against Dunstone? No, of course not. Again, I'm simply commenting on the fact that if Dunstone were to make the final game it's a pre-determined result as to who's going to Ottawa in March. Personally, I'd rather see two teams battle for it.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com