Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > It's time Curling got their own channel

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-15-16 07:58PM
Lovemycurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovemycurling Click here to Send Lovemycurling a Private Message Find more posts by Lovemycurling Add Lovemycurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

It's time Curling got their own channel

Both streams of tonights Players have no sound. This is the poorest excuse for service I have ever seen. Sportsnet are pretty quick to get rid of staff that don't bow down to them, but they can't even run a full curling event? They would be fired in a minute if they worked in any of the jobs I had worked in before I retired. Incompetent is hardly strong enough to express it, do half the job by only broadcasting half an event and tonight Steve sent out a link and I can see it but there is no sound and Sportsnet link won't even come up and stay on the computer.

Wonderful. The last two events of the seasons and there is no proper televising. It was bad enough they left out the first one this morning now tonight? Someone needs to get on that phone and get them to give their head a shake. Thanks to Steve I got to see some of the games not on TV and thanks to the two Mikes, Joan and Kevin for announcing the ones that were on TV but this is an insult to the sport. Not all of us can flip our online streaming to the TV screen. This series has made a real witch out of me. I am so fed up of incompetence and disrespect for the curlers. They have worked so hard to get these events going and this is the crap they get in return. Get rid of Sportsnet. They can't afford to run anything but rerun after rerun of the same program. I think it is time they were reported to the CRTC. Thank heaven baseball is starting or it would drive me nuts.

Last edited by Lovemycurling on 04-15-16 at 08:00PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-15-16 08:47PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Lots of sound on the streaming I watched,
Dedicated Curling channel- by all means go ahead and write the first cheque. A million bucks should do it.

04-15-16 09:09PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

If the Sportsnet honchos read any of the posts on here (doubtful), please realize that there are so many of us that appreciate the coverage you provide. Yes hard core curling fans always want more but I can't believe we get as many games as we do. In fact I have found that with all the coverage we get from all major networks and other media outlets, I have almost seen too much curling on TV this year. Almost...

04-15-16 09:14PM
Lovemycurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovemycurling Click here to Send Lovemycurling a Private Message Find more posts by Lovemycurling Add Lovemycurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

I and several others had the same problem. Check out the comments on the page. My sound is fine. It works on everything else. If I had a million dollars I would be glad to do my part. I am blonde but I am not dumb. I also know about live streaming. I use it every day for other things that I can't get on TV. I don't know what you were watching, but it wouldn't even stay loaded for me. It's fine. I am watching what I can of Steve's stream without sound, but it is pretty sad that while curling is on we have to watch 15 channels of hockey, and 5 of the same reruns, every hour of every day. I got up in the night and the same program was on Sportsnet for 3 hours on I don't know how many stations. Right across my schedule anyway. Pretty sad

04-15-16 09:33PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

I saw everything just fine, no pausing, sound good, and the other three games last few ends too. Better than nothing.

04-15-16 09:48PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

good coverage

Even with my circa 2008 laptop, a bit choppy but good coverage hopping back and forth with the jays game and hockey games. Well done. Any coverage is good coverage...... even with McCusker ramblings.

04-15-16 09:50PM
shirleyc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shirleyc Click here to Send shirleyc a Private Message Find more posts by shirleyc Add shirleyc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shirleyc
Harvey Hacksmasher

players championship

I found the coverage on the computer very good. And watched the Steve Laycock's game on my other computer. Sure I would rather have watched both games on my tv but I found the sportsnet coverage on the computer very good and enjoyed Steve's even though no sound. I, like others, are grateful for whatever I can get. i just love watching curling. The networks are doing the best they can and as time goes on there will be more.

04-16-16 09:27AM
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

Sportsnet.ca came through this morning on my computer but couldn't get the curling last night at all to have sound. Wanted to watch Thomas and Edin this morning. Will see if I can find it on there somewhere. I realized we finally have more because I have fought this for 5 years to get more on, writing, squealing, twittering, phoning and I do appreciate it, but it gets frustrating when the teams that I don't see happen to be the ones I follow. It wouldn't log in at all and stay playing for me and I am a sportsnet subscriber and it is supposed to be free for me through it or Myrogers and I did watch what I could of Steve's donation of the events.

Last edited by Lovemycurling on 04-16-16 at 09:30AM

04-16-16 01:13PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

I don't think CBC, TSN and Sportsnet are going give their many hours of curling away for free. Minus somebody like Jennifer Jones, Kevin Martin et al doing preview commentary just before each game starts and have some sort of tv show that talks about curling (like TSN had a few years ago), it would never fly even if a curling channel becomes part of 'skinny cable' . In the meantime, enjoy what we have and go to the Curling Canada Youtube channel for archive games.