Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Brewster Wins Champery Curling Masters

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
10-26-14 11:42AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Brewster Wins Champery Curling Masters

I'm wondering how the powers that be in Scotland will treat Brewster's most recent win at the Curling Masters. He and his rink are doing really well. Good for them. I only wish that Brewster didn't always have that permanent scowl on his face. He always looks so angry. Chin up Tom, lots of people are cheering for you.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-26-14 12:06PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Brewster Wins Champery Curling Masters

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
I'm wondering how the powers that be in Scotland will treat Brewster's most recent win at the Curling Masters. He and his rink are doing really well. Good for them. I only wish that Brewster didn't always have that permanent scowl on his face. He always looks so angry. Chin up Tom, lots of people are cheering for you.

so far he's been the strongest rink for scotland, he's been really good. edwards surprised at the euros

their chosen boy in david murdoch has been disappointing for sure

10-26-14 02:12PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Edwards and Muirhead to rep uk at the euros.

10-26-14 04:57PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Oh look, Brewster has a new 5th man, Murdoch!! Soon to be the alternating skip and then just take over this team..... again.

10-26-14 08:43PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Oh look, Brewster has a new 5th man, Murdoch!! Soon to be the alternating skip and then just take over this team..... again.

Yes, Brewster's first loss and Murdoch will be slotted in...

10-26-14 08:54PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

the thing is i thought tom had his own alternate already that was not murdoch. their facebook page certainly shows 5 guys.

i dont really know how much of this is tom choosing david as an alternate or having him forced upon him so i wont say anything but if it is the powers that be screwing with his team again than i have to say im annoyed.

i think they need to leave tom alone. he's a great skip with 2 world silver medals to his credit, what more does that man need to do?

i love that david edwards upset murdoch in the finals to get to the europeans and i hope he does again..although murdoch will probably be shoved in as his alternate there too

what exactly is it about murdoch that they love so much? i just dont get it. he's obviously their favorite but it is obvious right now that he's not the best skip in scotland and his team isnt the best one they have either.

10-26-14 10:51PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
the thing is i thought tom had his own alternate already that was not murdoch. their facebook page certainly shows 5 guys.

i dont really know how much of this is tom choosing david as an alternate or having him forced upon him so i wont say anything but if it is the powers that be screwing with his team again than i have to say im annoyed.

i think they need to leave tom alone. he's a great skip with 2 world silver medals to his credit, what more does that man need to do?

i love that david edwards upset murdoch in the finals to get to the europeans and i hope he does again..although murdoch will probably be shoved in as his alternate there too

what exactly is it about murdoch that they love so much? i just dont get it. he's obviously their favorite but it is obvious right now that he's not the best skip in scotland and his team isnt the best one they have either.

My guess would be that Scotland has invested a lot money in David and want to believe that perhaps he's in a slump. Perhaps he is but the fact that he has taken Toms previous team away from him, how could the powers put him in as fifth to another successful team that is under Tom's guidance. OMG, that certainly sound very confusing doesn't it. Favourite?? David??, who knows. Tom seems to work well with these young guys and I wish the powers would just step back and let him make some decisions.

10-27-14 02:29PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

I don't know, the two world championships and Olympic silver medal probably have something to do with it. It is not obvious he's not the best skip in Scotland at all. He did, after all, have the best round robin record at the European playdowns, and also has the most Order of Merit points among Scottish teams this season, even after including Tom's recent win, so I don't know what you could possibly base that on. The honest answer is that Brewster, Murdoch and Edwards are all close I think which is why it is good they have playdowns.

As for Murdoch being Brewster's fifth man, I think the first mention of that was a joke, because I haven't seen anything of the kind, and it doesn't really make sense anyway. Tom, meanwhile, is going to be David Edwards fifth man at the Europeans. Why do they love him so much? (jk)

10-27-14 04:11PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by peteski

I don't know, the two world championships and Olympic silver medal probably have something to do with it. It is not obvious he's not the best skip in Scotland at all. He did, after all, have the best round robin record at the European playdowns, and also has the most Order of Merit points among Scottish teams this season, even after including Tom's recent win, so I don't know what you could possibly base that on. The honest answer is that Brewster, Murdoch and Edwards are all close I think which is why it is good they have playdowns.

As for Murdoch being Brewster's fifth man, I think the first mention of that was a joke, because I haven't seen anything of the kind, and it doesn't really make sense anyway. Tom, meanwhile, is going to be David Edwards fifth man at the Europeans. Why do they love him so much? (jk)

he hasnt won world gold in 5 years so im not sure that really should be a factor. tom has had stronger results on the world stage in his appearances with this team he got poached from him.Its not david that made this team great , this team is great and i think tom would have had just as good a chance at a strong olympics if he had been given the chance but he wasnt because golden boy murdoch has favor.Tom deserves some credit for how good he did with this team

as far as order of merit goes..well tom isnt to far behind and while he is behind he's managed to come within 10 points of david with 2 less events played and won twice while murdoch has won nothing.

pretty surprised they are sending tom as edwards alternate over murdoch actually.

Last edited by misty1 on 10-27-14 at 04:14PM

10-28-14 07:01AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Sarcasm

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

Insert rolling eyes with tongue in cheek, just a jab at the way things turned out for Brewster the last couple of years. His luck they'll do it to him again.