Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
10-18-13 07:11AM
Willy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Willy Click here to Send Willy a Private Message Find more posts by Willy Add Willy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Willy
Drawmaster

Da Olympics- Da Line-Da Men

For recreational purposes only.. To represent good old USA in Da Olympics (if they get through Germany)

Fenson 2-1 Only Us curler to skip team to Olympic Medal, and like the Yankees, Cowboys, and Lakers they always take alot of money.

McCormick 5-2 Can they re-capture that form of 2011-2012? If so this is an overlay.

Shuster 5-2 Two time Olympian, still don't know how he beat George ( Oh yea the woble by Ty in da 9th ) Still could be our best hope John has some unfinished business in Da Olympics.

George 3-1 Plys is Too good looking distracts even his own teammates. Just not feeling a run from these guys.

Clark 7-2 Lets see Washington and Colorado have legalized a little erb that Da Olympics say is performance enhancimg. Look for next crop of great curlers to come from these states. See Brady either finishing first or last.... Might be worth a couple of Honey-bees though...

Danger Will Robinson, Danger. Da double Round Robin creates significant betting issues by Da mens 5th draw as 1 or 2 teams will have seen thier Olympic dream already gone and will be playing out the string. Danger Will Robinson, Danger!

We rarely play to Da public, cause what Tuck does in Vegas stays in Vegas ( do not let him near Vegas, Mrs. Tucker ) but AK is the greatest curling fan to ever live, and he has one of my 1970 Silver broom pins, so for AK here you are.....

PROPS:

150-1 To go undefeated in Fargo. These teams are way to Competitive and are way to balanced talent wise No Chance..

O/U Hog Line Violations 3 -110. Line may seem low but Maskel is not playing, is he?

1-1 Even money that Gemmell's body fat level is less than 6% at start of tournament. Once play begins (all bets off) food in Fargo is good but not necessarily low fat.

1-5 That winning team advances to Da Olympics, this will be crazy pressure but good old USA will be way better than at least 6 of these teams..

Remember bet with your head not over it.....

Last edited by Willy on 10-19-13 at 04:26AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-18-13 05:30PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

Willy....any parley side bets?

Over/Unders?

Best percentages?

Perfect records (all wins, all losses)?

10-19-13 04:25AM
Willy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Willy Click here to Send Willy a Private Message Find more posts by Willy Add Willy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Willy
Drawmaster

Props

See Edited version of DA Line!

10-23-13 03:43PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

I will take the UNDER on Duck's body fat.

I'm worried about the perceived need to switch up the order, so I'm starting to back away from Team Heater. What have you done for me lately?

Lately it seems like Team Face has the hot hands. Gimme Shuster for our usual amount.

I think the ice will be wildly swingy to start out the Double Round Robin (RR2). That will favor Pete and Heater. If the Fargo locals can curl on the ice some and help get out the green, it could get better fairly quickly.

Ben Tucker
Face...sorry about the Curse Of Tuck

10-24-13 03:30AM
Willy
Drawmaster

Duck Dynasty

The Dude is chiseled, maybe 6% was an overlay??... Your a Great man Ben Tucker.. God Bless You! Changed my mind George Wins! Plys becomes face of Olympics! Maybe he should grow a beard?

Why I'm I always up at 4am??

11-04-13 02:02PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Dang, throw a blanket over this field...I have no idea who is going to win and who is going to finish last. It would be extremely easy to write a quick paragraph for each team on why they will win it. It would be equally easy to write a quick paragraph on each team detailing why they won't win it.

Over the summer, I imagine that most interested people would have favored Fenson or George. As those two teams have bumped along the cash spiel circuit (some signature wins mixed in with a whole lot of losses), they must have come back to the field in most people's eyes.

Heater and The Ducklings must have been considered a strong contender all summer long. Then came a disastrous spiel season with a lineup change (Fenson also made a minor lineup adjustment to have Ski sweeping skip's rocks). Heater's fans can't be feeling real confident.

Face and Brady were probably the two longshots all summer. Face was the selected team and Brady was the surprise winner of last year's Nationals. Both teams had very impressive spiels in the last two months to leapfrog them to the top of the board.

It don't matter no more. Come Sunday, we stop guessing while they start playing. One thing is for certain...we can easily cheer for the winner when they go to Fussen for The Olympic Qualifier. We have five teams of great guys. They are talented and have worked hard.

Ben Tucker

11-07-13 08:01AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

The newest Far From Home features our Tyler George rink. It is awesome. All the guys come off as articulate and insightful. I love their thoughts on the game. Makes me want to change my pick.

Also insightful are Colin Hufman's tips on basement squatting that he posts of facebook. Here are some tips for Colin: Double lock Richie's basement when you leave for Fargo because you make it sound so good that me and about 50 other people are trying to move in and take your place. The second tip is to win The Trials so your squatting privileges continue. All of the curlers at The Trials have a lot on the line, but Colin has his swank pad and season tickets to most sporting events also on the line plus access to the cabin. The pressure is on, Huf.

Willy The Wise, originator of this thread, won another election this week. He is now the comptroller of the city of Utica. He won by vowing to cut the comptroller's salary to $1/year and foregoing health insurance because he already has it at a real job. Pretty dirty, Mr. Morehouse.

In his defense, he also vowed to use the salary and insurance savings to hire legal help for the comptroller's office. Willy also pointed out an undeniable truth: comptrollers should be fiscal professionals and never an elected position. A no-brainer truth, but unusual for a candidate to say about the office he is running to win. Well done, Mr. Morehouse.

Ben Tucker

11-15-13 08:53AM
Willy
Drawmaster

Da finals

Well as predicted at Wicks Picks the top two are playing for Olympic Glory. McCormick team just didn't get any breaks.

Finals Da line:

Shuster -130 The public now slightly favors "face" does he have Pizza mans number?

Fenson -110 Would look better in Olympic clothing than Team Shuster, but this will be won on the Ice, probably the last hurrah for most well known American curler ever.

Make no mistake there's more than an Olympic berth on the line, theres a long history between these two, should make for great TV!

11-15-13 09:35AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

The stats from the RR certainly favor Shuster. They split the RR games. Taking Shuster in this one and it will go three. Shuster wins the first and last.

JH

11-16-13 08:45AM
Willy
Drawmaster

Spit Da Bit

We all watched as Team Shuster attempted to have the greatest collapse in curling history ( free guard zone sure makes things interesting ) they held on, but something tells me they're in trouble.

Game 2:

Fenson -150 Pressure is actually on Shuster I know that seems strange.

Shuster +130 This thing is far from over, can you say game 3?

After watching the games yesterday with several non-curlers the consensus was this sport is hard to watch, announcers need to bring more excitement to the table, and we as curlers have to re-think 10 ends?

11-16-13 07:16PM
Curlrock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curlrock Click here to Send Curlrock a Private Message Find more posts by Curlrock Add Curlrock to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curlrock
Harvey Hacksmasher

Couple of thoughts:

1. Agree, 10 ends is too long for TV viewership.
2. My prediction is this will be the last time trials will be held away from larger population base. The attendance looks very light.
4. Pretty pumped about tomorrow's game. It seems that it is battle between Fenson keeping it clean and Shuster wanting mix it up. Fenson won that battle today.

11-16-13 07:37PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

1. Has to match the Oly format.
B Yes! 2017 in the Bronx.
100. As I predicted, Shuster in 3.

11-17-13 05:45PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

THE CURSE IS OVER!

Ben Tucker
Thank you to Face and Da Boyz