Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-27-15 01:32PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

2015 Senior Women's

Almost game time and we haven't even placed our bets.

Can't bury the lead: Margie Smith and Norma O'Leary are not curling together this time. Both skipping their own rinks.

That being said, she's still the Margie Smith. If you're going to bet against her, don't bet a lot. Set aside money for rent and food or don't bet against her.

Debra Horn has done well at this event before. Now she has Orvik and Kupferschmidt from St. Paul with her.

Madison sends Kathy Pielage and I don't know much about her nor her Madison front two of Godar and Lepping. I do, however, know something about Tracy Lawless from Chicago at third and I know enough that they should contend.

Sharon Vukich has won this before and brings in a Seattle team. Not a bad bet.

Dana Watson and some Evergreen curlers come in from out west. I don't a single thing about them, but I wish them good curling.

Anne Wiggins has been deadly at this event over the years. Now she has a front two from the 2 sheet Plainfield juggernaut. She's entered as Catherine Anne Wiggins. Catherine? After all these years we learn her name is actually Catherine?

We're all familiar with the curling exploits of Dropkin the Elder and Dropkin the Younger. Elder is heading to Spain for WUGs and Younger is heading to Kalamazoo for Men's and Sochi for World Mixed Doubles and Estonia to fifth for World Juniors. Where do you think all this talent comes from? Dropkin the Ancient? Nope. They get some smarts, guile and absolute-good-manners from Dropkin the Ancient...but the talent and good looks come from their mother. Shelley Dropkin brings a Boston team and don't forget that Dropkin the Pretty once won National Clubs. The girl can play.

That leaves us with my pick: Norma O'Leary. Linda Christensen sets aside coaching to throw third. Maybe not as good as Cory, but Linda is good. Shields and DeVore on the front end. Good rink. Norma just won State Clubs so I'm assuming that she's playing well.

Now everybody that knows anything is going to pick Margie Smith because...well...she's Margie Smith. Gimme O'Leary over Dropkin the Pretty in the finals. Tough and even field filled with past winners.

Ben Tucker

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-27-15 04:14PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Well, have to pick Anne Wiggins to make the playoffs. Good team with good players who are out there a lot. The Plainfield influence does not hurt.

So, all Eastie final with Wiggins over Dropkin for Anne to return to Senior Worlds once again. She went to the first in Glasgow (I was there).

JH
Pres. Eastie fan club

01-27-15 04:37PM
pdevore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pdevore Click here to Send pdevore a Private Message Find more posts by pdevore Add pdevore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pdevore
Knee-Slider

According to the playoff format rules, I believe that you will find that the women, with 8 teams, play a single round robin with a double knock-out provision. No playoff games.

01-27-15 04:48PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Great, Phil. Come in here with your facts and mess me up. Facts are overrated. OK, we'll play The DeVore Double. You must pick the winner and second place in exact order...photo finishes for second will be paid.

JH picks and all-Eastie exacta. Shocking (yawn). JH, did you know Anne's name was Catherine?

I got Norma 1st and Dropkin The Pretty 2nd.

I'm guessing that Phil will (yawn) pick two Minnesota teams.

Ben Tucker
I've never let facts stand in my way

01-27-15 04:55PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by tuck

JH picks and all-Eastie exacta. Shocking (yawn). JH, did you know Anne's name was Catherine?

Ben Tucker
I've never let facts stand in my way

Um yeah, she did curl at Nutmeg. I also know all of her last names (there are 4 by the way).

01-27-15 08:35PM
nom de broom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nom de broom Find more posts by nom de broom Add nom de broom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nom de broom
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by jhcurl
I also know all of her last names (there are 4 by the way).
And the fact that jhcurl resisted dropping all of them is a minor miracle.

01-27-15 09:22PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

OUCH! Nom de Broom penalized 1 point for hitting below the belt! It's not JH's fault that he knows everybody...and he does know everybody.

I'll save DeVore the typing and predict that he'll predict O'Leary over Smith in the Women's. I further predict that he'll predict Pusty winning the Men's. That would redefine the DeVore Double by making both him and Lucy gold medalists (Phil plays third for Pustovar and Lucy is shooting for Norma). Now that would be pretty cool. Good curling and good luck, DeVores.

Ben Tucker

01-28-15 11:48AM
courtneyshaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for courtneyshaw Click here to Send courtneyshaw a Private Message Find more posts by courtneyshaw Add courtneyshaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
courtneyshaw
Harvey Hacksmasher

Anne recently moved to Maryland and she has been a delightful addition to Potomac. I will be cheering for her!

01-28-15 11:55AM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

Word of Warning:

Hans and his band of ex-Canucks will be representing the Kiwis. Don't be misled by what happened in Minnesota. This rink was runner-up to Canada 2 years ago (6-4). They didn't play last year.

01-28-15 05:47PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Oh please, Jim. Hans and the Kiwi Canadian Transplants wouldn't even make it into this field...mostly because this is the Womens Seniors...try to keep up, Jimbo.

Still, your transplants will get utterly crushed by our Americans. Our elderly will out curl your elderly...and out drink them...and dance better than them...and will be far better looking.

So take your Friendly Canadian warnings back across the border. (Just kidding. Never met a Kiwi I didn't like. Haven't met many, but I like them all. Canucks seem to be a pretty good bunch as well, particularly Manitobans)

Ben Tucker
Defender of the Red, White and Blue

01-28-15 07:00PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

I also have to tell Tuck he is wrong once again. (Catherine) Anne Wiggins is playing with 3 from Plainfield. She understands the strength of the tiny two sheeter with 200+ members and curlers that like to make finals at national events (see Howell, Howell, Szemple, Gemmell.....)

01-29-15 12:17PM
b2cz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for b2cz Click here to Send b2cz a Private Message Find more posts by b2cz Add b2cz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
b2cz
Knee-Slider

The three Plainfield Women are solid curlers.

01-29-15 12:27PM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
Oh please, Jim. Hans and the Kiwi Canadian Transplants wouldn't even make it into this field...mostly because this is the Womens Seniors...try to keep up, Jimbo.

Still, your transplants will get utterly crushed by our Americans. Our elderly will out curl your elderly...and out drink them...and dance better than them...and will be far better looking.

So take your Friendly Canadian warnings back across the border. (Just kidding. Never met a Kiwi I didn't like. Haven't met many, but I like them all. Canucks seem to be a pretty good bunch as well, particularly Manitobans)

Ben Tucker
Defender of the Red, White and Blue

I'll make a "digital bet" in the men's section.

02-01-15 11:09PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

I am declaring absolute and total victory. I called a Norma Over Dropkin The Pretty Finals and there wasn't even supposed to be a Finals. Now that is some great pickin'. If Litman had got just one more win in the Senior Men's, I'd be totally insufferable.

Congrats to the winners, especially DeVore. We got very close to the DeVore Double.

Ben Tucker