Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2018 Scott Tournament of Hearts - Penticton, BC (Official Thread)

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 13 of 15 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-03-18 09:13PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

sorry for asking this then. i hadn't seen the announcement and i tend to tune out the tsn crew at this point so even if they mentioned it i didn't hear it.

i mean, i catch snippets but most of the time i don't pay attention to them. i can't

no harm in asking, I realize people don't catch everything they say. Or left to get a beer and a snack for a minute - lol

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-03-18 09:29PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

I missed the team all stars - just walking back in after a commercial and cannot find it listed anywhere.

02-03-18 09:41PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1
I missed the team all stars - just walking back in after a commercial and cannot find it listed anywhere.

2nd team
Lead- team CA
2nd - team AB
3rd= Birchard
skip - fleury
didn't announce first team as far as i know,

02-03-18 09:46PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Optimum outcomes for Birchard

#1 - Help JJ win her record-setting 6th STOH title; take home all-star 3rd to boot

#2 - With JJ as champion she'll return as Team Canada at 2019 championship to be confronted by Rachel Homan, amongst others. (Homan should have no problem picking up the Ontario title; she'd get more resistance in Northern Ontario)

#3 - Birchard takes her young team into the Manitoba Scotties and wins out; thus 2 Manitoba teams at the STOH - as it should be (should also be a Canadian A & Canadian B team at world championships immo)

#4 - If Birchard can't win Manitoba (her team is strong but there's a passel of grizzled & gnarles old vets ready to feast on young stars) then Jones picks her up to play 5th at STOH - backing up Kaitlyn and getting into a couple games to relieve 44 yr old Officer Jill.

If Jones wants to retire into the sunset (or moonlight depending on how you view her - then Kaitlyn takes over skipping and brings Birchard aboard as her vice. Those two could cause Homan a ton of damage!!!

02-03-18 09:50PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

All-Stars semi-meaningless

but fwiw here's the Manitoba Legendary All-Stars

Skip - Jones
3rd - Birchard
2nd - Officer
Lead - McEwen

Coach - Wendy Morgan

seriously it usually goes to percentages so

Skip - T Fleury
3rd --- Tina Black
2nd --- Officer
Ld ---- McEwen

Jones had a couple sour outings that lowered her numbers!

02-03-18 10:30PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Einarson 1st end - shows she's in it to win it - - - - showing Jones she's no longer afraid of the Empress of Swing!

Well curled end - even the TSN crew picked up on the obvious lack of fear shown by Einarson. Still worried about Einarson's weakest player - Liz Fyfe

02-03-18 10:44PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Click here to Send IN-OFF-FOR-2 a Private Message Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

I'm ok if Jones wins it all but I've grown weary of Jones and her inability to win but counts on her competition to lose. I'm on the anybody but Jones bandwagon. Late to join but still support it.

02-03-18 10:51PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
I'm ok if Jones wins it all but I've grown weary of Jones and her inability to win but counts on her competition to lose. I'm on the anybody but Jones bandwagon. Late to join but still support it.

All 3 would be good reps at the worlds. Maybe not as dominant as Homan, but who is?

Jones donated a couple STOHs to Kelly Scott but that was before Jones had formed her current very formidable squad. She also donated one to Amber Holland (Jones had last brick in an extra end) and was out of sorts in her other STOH final loss to Heather Nedohin!

02-03-18 11:57PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

Sigh......Yes.

02-03-18 11:57PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Golden Girl stuns Black Kat with a 3 at the break but Kat comes back with an easy deuce in 6 to tie the thing.

Even though JJ has wrestled the hammer away from Kat - there's an obvious road to victory for the Wild Things . . . . Shannon Birchard's mechanics have finally started to break down and she's curling a very average game - Selena is powering past her by 11 pts, Jones is behind Einarson by 3 pts but its obviously gonna come down to the back ends of both squads. Right now, Team WC is superior to Team JJ.

02-04-18 12:12AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

as Einarson knew she would Jones takes on too much risk (for the situation) and ends up delivering a perfect steal of 1 - almost barfing up a deuce! Even a dullard like Russ noted correctly that Jones has been pitch-forking those inturn hits!

Now, Jones is all in - she'll be wildly tossing caution to the wind and going for everything. Einarson & Kaatz have to keep their wits about them, close out the game by maintaining current percentages and they'll be in the Canadian final - prolly vs. Nova Scotia - as both Jones and Birchard are breaking down mechanically as the pressure mounts.

02-04-18 12:26AM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Click here to Send EPMD a Private Message Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Harvey Hacksmasher

This Manitoba/Wild Card game is such a great game...maybe the best of the tournament so far.

02-04-18 12:32AM
CURLER1
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by EPMD
This Manitoba/Wild Card game is such a great game...maybe the best of the tournament so far.

I was just coming on to post how good this game is.

There have been a few misses by both, which everyone will remember and post about.

But there have been many more great shots that should be talked about.

Very entertaining, great shots - perhaps a little loud - but they are welcome to be at this point.

02-04-18 12:41AM
CURLER1
Drawmaster

First Team All Stars

Dawn, Jill and Jennifer

sorry - didn't recognize the third, but a blue uniform.

02-04-18 12:48AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
First Team All Stars

Dawn, Jill and Jennifer

McTaggart (Alberta) was the best shooting 3rd but provided very little in terms of strategy and positioning to her skip. Neither would win the Garnet Campbell award!

02-04-18 12:50AM
Jonwpg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jonwpg Click here to Send Jonwpg a Private Message Find more posts by Jonwpg Add Jonwpg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonwpg
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
First Team All Stars

Dawn, Jill and Jennifer

Carey-Anne McTaggart of Team Alberta.

I'm a big fan of both of these teams, so I hoped for a good close match...it's been better than I could have ever hoped

02-04-18 12:58AM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Click here to Send EPMD a Private Message Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Harvey Hacksmasher

Vintage Jones. I loved every second of it. I hope she brings it again to the final.

02-04-18 01:02AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

That last rock by Juniper might have been the best rock I've ever seen her throw.

Perhaps equivalent to her last rock draw to the button vs. Eve Muirhead at the Olympics when Eve turned the tables on JJ with an amazing hit 'n roll double out of nowhere. Thought she had Jones hooped. NOT.

Looks like Jones will have to face a more risk-averse skip in Maryanne - as I think K Einarson blew her wad, and a ton of emotional energy vs. Jones tonite.

I don't think she'll get killed by N.S. but probably Maryanne takes control of the game somewhere between the 5th and 7th end.

02-04-18 01:08AM
EPMD
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
That last rock by Juniper might have been the best rock I've ever seen her throw.

Perhaps equivalent to her last rock draw to the button vs. Eve Muirhead at the Olympics when Eve turned the tables on JJ with an amazing hit 'n roll double out of nowhere. Thought she had Jones hooped. NOT.

I concede the Olympics because that is a different pressure cooker altogether, but Jones' best non-Olympics shot was her in-off shot for four to win the 2005 Scott Tournament of Hearts.

02-04-18 08:58AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i am rooting for jones in the final mostly for shannon's sake. heartbreak of losing two junior women's national finals i wouldn't want to see her lose another national final here.

02-04-18 10:16AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
i am rooting for jones in the final mostly for shannon's sake. heartbreak of losing two junior women's national finals i wouldn't want to see her lose another national final here.

The key to beating Jones is beating her at her own game. Even yesterday, JJ was rather cavalier vs. Einarson, leaving lots of rocks in play - and Russ actually had the courage to point that out. Another great JJ shot - when she forced Kerri to try a wild long angle raise for 3 or 4 - but JJ's last rock was able to weather the storm - and limit Einarson to a deuce.

No question - if Jones wants a 6th STOH title she'll have to carry the team on her back once again (like she did at the Olympics)

No question Dawn & Jill will defeat either Einarson's Cat-Girls or the Lobster-Girls but I don't think Shannon has enough experience at this level to be anything more than average at 3rd. Black & Kaatz have been coming on strong while Shannon has been in a minor fade.

FUNNY LITTLE THING - JONES LOVES IT WHEN SHE'S THE BIGGEST STAR - THE JUDY GARLAND OF CURLING!

02-04-18 03:46PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Swing Artist

We know a Manitoba team is going to the worlds, will it be Jen or Kerri?

02-04-18 06:26PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Black Kat Kerri vs. Golden Girl Jen
A true All-Manitoba Classic
The way curling was intended to be . . . .

Things we've learned
The Black Kat no longer has any fear of Jones or her 5 STOH rings;

Kerri can mix it up any way you like it - lots of rocks or low scoring. From Jones - she'll have to do with lots of rocks - and more!

Jones is curling's version of The Flying Wallendas. A hi-wire act if there ever was.

Might not be an 11-9 slobbernokker like against Maryanne - but I fully expect to see at least a pair of deuces and a pair of 3-spots. No 4s please!

02-04-18 07:19PM
Love2Curl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Love2Curl Click here to Send Love2Curl a Private Message Find more posts by Love2Curl Add Love2Curl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Love2Curl
Harvey Hacksmasher

I wonder who is going to say go go go go go go go more Jenny go go go Jones or Kerri go go go go go Einarson.

Or possible it could be one of the thirds go go go going. One thing for sure is we are sure going to hear the word go lots today

02-04-18 07:29PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Don't think we're gonna be treated to a mechanical back end of 95/92 by Homan/Miskew tonite.

Neither Jones nor Einarson in particular have shown a propensity to deliver 90+ games.

Both can win with hi-70s, low 80s games as their mistakes will nullify each others.

Jones Birchard prediction = 80/81

Einarson-Kaatz = 77/84

Not much to choose!