M: China Open
W: China Open
M: Steele Cup Cash
W: Regina Callie Rockoberfest
W: Steele Cup Cash
W: Wetzikon Wheelchair Curling Tournament
W: Wheelchair Curling Baltic League: Stage 2
Default (ET)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2018 World Mens - Las Vegas

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 5 of 7 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-07-18 10:14AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Click here to Send IN-OFF-FOR-2 a Private Message Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

I agree with the scenario where Canada beats Sweden in the final. Just let someone other than Gushue do the post game interview.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-07-18 11:06AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Not a big fan of the new worlds format where a 6-6 team can make the playoffs (saw the name thing at the women’s a few week show ago)

04-07-18 11:21AM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

Yes, this once again shows the idiocy of a 6 team playoff format.

However, the USA making the final 6 will hopefully put a few more butts in seats for the rematch against Gushue.

And don't think this a lock for Gushue. Schuster showed Koe the door in Korea and the Yanks beat him already in the RR.

With the Canadian 3rd on a completely understandable emotional roller coaster and Gushue running his mouth a bit, we're ripe for another upset. And America has a tradition of pulling off those kind of things.

If the score stays tight, I'm calling the US to win this game.

04-07-18 01:26PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Swing Artist

Have watched many games (only pros on tv) and now find that my expectations have been way overblown. What I thought to be pretty basic , easily made shots by these pros , are now deemed to be "BRILLIANT " shots. I vote for change in commentators.

04-07-18 01:26PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

Hmm..not sure Norway will defeat Sweden, they want this a lot.

oh, i know. i don't even expect them to beat korea but that's what i'd like to see

04-07-18 02:13PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

well, the first part of my predictions came through. canada and korea with the win

US did well to come back from 1-6 but their run ends here

there's no way i'm gonna get the whole thing right, i never do. i'd have to say the one i hope i'm wrong about is canada over scotland.

would be something though if we end up with scotland v.s korea in the final as opposed to canada v.s sweden, which i'm sure most people predicted and still do now.

Last edited by misty1 on 04-07-18 at 02:24PM

04-07-18 03:00PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Hitting Paint

There's nothing wrong with making predictions and to publicly state them even better. Some people will just wait for a game to be over and then if you are wrong they will jump all over it as if "boy were you ever wrong with that one" Especially if you pick a team to win that they do not like.

They are just predictions that make it more fun for some.

I predict Scotland to win gold but honestly hope I'm wrong!

04-07-18 03:20PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by prairie guy
There's nothing wrong with making predictions and to publicly state them even better. Some people will just wait for a game to be over and then if you are wrong they will jump all over it as if "boy were you ever wrong with that one" Especially if you pick a team to win that they do not like.

They are just predictions that make it more fun for some.

I predict Scotland to win gold but honestly hope I'm wrong!

i know,. i love trying to predict how things turn out. it's a fun way to involve yourself more with the sport/event

as i've said more than once i really hope scotland wins gold. let's see a new young face in this game win the title. in the last 3 years we've seen 3 younger women's teams step up and win the world championship (muirhead in 2013, patz in 2015 and homan last year). would be nice to see a younger men's team get that win.

i liken it to tennis in the atp where, right now everyone is waiting for that next great young player to win a slam. maybe not exactly the same here but it's definitely been a while since a young team like mouat has shown up and had such success not only on tour but at the major championship. think it would be great to have scotland win it all.

sadly i'm pretty sure gushue is gonna win tonight. they're fired up , they'll have had the advantage of already having played today and having been in this situation many times before.

like i say i hope i'm wrong.

04-07-18 03:36PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

The ice is the same for both teams but a darn shame that a high priced ice tech can't keep the frost off the ice,

04-07-18 04:58PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Click here to Send IN-OFF-FOR-2 a Private Message Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by decade
The ice is the same for both teams but a darn shame that a high priced ice tech can't keep the frost off the ice,

I've posted this in years past but worth repeating.

The people responsible for awarding events in both Canada and around the world should not award championships to locations that don't have the infrastructure to handle any and all weather or humidity fluctuations.

They should have rented at the ready a huge dehumidifier just in case. Same goes for standby by back up generators just in case. Have the companies "donate" them for the week and for compensation, every draw zoom in on the company name or manufacturers name and give some free advertising. Even brag how the curling federations are ready for anything.

A simple solution I think.

04-07-18 07:09PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

I've posted this in years past but worth repeating.

The people responsible for awarding events in both Canada and around the world should not award championships to locations that don't have the infrastructure to handle any and all weather or humidity fluctuations.

They should have rented at the ready a huge dehumidifier just in case. Same goes for standby by back up generators just in case. Have the companies "donate" them for the week and for compensation, every draw zoom in on the company name or manufacturers name and give some free advertising. Even brag how the curling federations are ready for anything.

A simple solution I think.

Sensible thinking - something the WCF isn't known for.

04-07-18 07:29PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

Here's my suggestion for Canadian sites. TSN can film the arrival of the generators and dehumidifier as they arrive on site and let Vic do his verbage and background story as to why they are there. . Have a huge red umbrella sign on the side of each for Travelers Insurance.

Every draw they end up showing the ice maker saying what a great job he and his team are doing anyway...... so during the fifth end break of each draw again show the generator and dehumidifier, then show the ice maker holding a red umbrella with his thumb up and the caption

At Travelers Insurance we even have the ice maker covered.

Curling Canada and Travelers, the first one is free. Run with it.

04-07-18 07:40PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Only obvious thing I've garnered from watching last half of the worlds - Oskar Erickson is now the top 3rd in the world . . . without a shadow of a doubt.

Some polutniks will vehemently disagree but that's just natural - lots of mopes love disagreeing with yours truly - just for the temporary high!

Oskar is the best - Marc Kennedy was - but he's been disgruntled, nicked & sore for the last year or so.

Mark Nichols is a pistol for Gushue - but overall doesn't stand up to Oskar, but its fairly close.

Moskowy & B.J. are great thirds but neither can hold a candle to the bearded swede.

04-07-18 07:52PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

so that means teams that earned the bye to the semi are 3-0 this year over teams that didn't,

can scotland make it 4-0 ? (fingers crossed yes)

Last edited by misty1 on 04-07-18 at 08:53PM

04-07-18 08:53PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Only obvious thing I've garnered from watching last half of the worlds - Oskar Erickson is now the top 3rd in the world . . . without a shadow of a doubt.

Some polutniks will vehemently disagree but that's just natural - lots of mopes love disagreeing with yours truly - just for the temporary high!

Oskar is the best - Marc Kennedy was - but he's been disgruntled, nicked & sore for the last year or so.

Mark Nichols is a pistol for Gushue - but overall doesn't stand up to Oskar, but its fairly close.

Moskowy & B.J. are great thirds but neither can hold a candle to the bearded swede.

no, i agree, eriksson is the best third right now.

04-07-18 09:00PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

no, i agree, eriksson is the best third right now.

The Trickster, Ryan Fry is another elite world class 3rd - but I do believe he's hit his own personal wall with Jacobs.

Historically, the great Canadian thirds = Grant Watson, Wayne Middaugh, Garnet Campbell, Rockin' Rick from Team Hackner, Pat Ryan, John Morris, and the guy Kevin Martin when he first laid eyes on him said "Who's that little bald guy?" - that little bald guy might have been the most underated 3rd ever, Jonathan Mead.

TONITE - I like Gushue to slither by Scotland in a tighty!

51.5% advantage to Goo, even facing last rock disadvantage opening game!

If Goo had the hammer I'd have him at least 55%, maybe more!

Goo vs. Edin
Edin should be 56 to 58% favoured!

04-07-18 09:41PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Fry's a yo-yo.

04-07-18 09:57PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Just when you think TSN couldn't get any lower - they close-up on Jules Owchar and one of them says he looks tired and plastered.

He may, its a long week, charting rocks that keep getting shaved. Lots of bad games, mostly good games, etc.

But don't slaughter a good old soldier, guys! PLEASE!

04-07-18 10:00PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

quote:

The Trickster, Ryan Fry is another elite world class 3rd - but I do believe he's hit his own personal wall with Jacobs.

Historically, the great Canadian thirds = Grant Watson, Wayne Middaugh, Garnet Campbell, Rockin' Rick from Team Hackner, Pat Ryan, John Morris, and the guy Kevin Martin when he first laid eyes on him said "Who's that little bald guy?" - that little bald guy might have been the most underated 3rd ever, Jonathan Mead.

TONITE - I like Gushue to slither by Scotland in a tighty!

51.5% advantage to Goo, even facing last rock disadvantage opening game!

If Goo had the hammer I'd have him at least 55%, maybe more!

Goo vs. Edin
Edin should be 56 to 58% favoured!

Jon Mead the most underated 3rd and great guy!

04-07-18 11:11PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Best curling comment ever - courtesy Brad Gushue:

"They stick their nose everywhere!"

Who was he referring to?

WCF's head boy? WCF in general? Local committee? Ice-Makers?

04-07-18 11:59PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Gushue in 7th inning

As great a three as you will ever see . . . .

He personally sentences Mouat to the bronze medal game!

04-08-18 12:09AM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

scotlands last in 8th
needed to curl 1/2 inch to roll in

they swept it to make it curl - huge mistake

better chance it curls without sweeping in my opinion

04-08-18 08:45AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Who was he referring to?

Likely the WCF head girl Cait Caithness who must be spitting nails that Canada beat Scotland- I’ll never forget her grimace as she awarded the gold medals for mixed doubles to Canada.

Go on the WCF website lots of video of the Sweden & US Olympic gold medal games none of Canada.

04-08-18 09:08AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

having read mouat's interview after the loss to canada it seems scotland have a pretty negative attitude toward the bronze medal game. going to be hard for them to park it and regroup for a medal it doesn't sound like they really want to play for. i'm gonna go ahead and change my prediction.

korea def. scotland for bronze

sticking with canada defeating sweden for gold

04-08-18 09:58AM
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Who was he referring to?

It was just after the official went down to the end where their teams were throwing practice rock after the 5th end. No one seemed to know if it was 1 rock per team or 1 rock per player. So I imagine it was directed to officials