Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 7 of 21 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-02-13 02:23PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

so if the Canucks lose game.....

everyone comes down a "notch' and that won't be the end of the Jacob's rink, mind you curling at 68 percent won't exactly win you too many games in anyone's league...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-02-13 02:40PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

could be three teams tied for lead going .....

into tonight's draw, mind you this will make that game against Norway all that more pivotal later ...

04-02-13 02:47PM
Flatfoot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Flatfoot Click here to Send Flatfoot a Private Message Find more posts by Flatfoot Add Flatfoot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Flatfoot
Harvey Hacksmasher

Wow 6-4 playing 10 and while many will credit Jacobs having an off game for this score, I am very impressed with the czech skip. He is having the game of his life. Their rolls are perfect, his draw weight has been exceptional and for the most part they are calling the right shots. Canada didn't see this coming and they may still pull it out but I say congrats Czechs for finally giving us a game worth watching !

04-02-13 02:56PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

Czech's deserved to win .......

what a nice shot from the skip to double out Canada's rocks.....

04-02-13 03:09PM
gavinboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gavinboy Click here to Send gavinboy a Private Message Find more posts by gavinboy Add gavinboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gavinboy
Harvey Hacksmasher

Russ Howard is so annoying.....all week long while Canada was winning the ice and rocks were so perfect, all of the sudden we lose one game and according to Russ there is something either wrong with the ice or the rocks! Maybe just maybe they played a bad game??? I never thought I would say this but I think I would rather hear old man Turnbull ramble on and on and on repeating his same stories end after end! Poor Linda, TSN just can't seem to find her a good partner.

04-02-13 03:31PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Re: Czech's deserved to win .......

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler
what a nice shot from the skip to double out Canada's rocks.....

True, though it was only available as a result of terrible shot from Canada right before it

04-02-13 03:37PM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: team canada wins 5

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi

I think the only real difference on the women's side is that other countries top couple of teams are very comparable to Canada's top womens teams, but the difference in depth is still staggering. If you pitted the 10th best Canadian women's team against the 10th best team from every other country it wouldn't be a contest. The playing field at the very very top is now fairly level in women's curling, but the depth is still an issue.

Very much agreed. I don't think any country outside of Canada could field as many as three world class teams and in many cases the only good players they have are the ones they send to the World's.

On the men's side especially there are many Canadian teams that could be in Victoria and would be one of the favorites to win gold.

04-02-13 04:42PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by gavinboy
Russ Howard is so annoying.....all week long while Canada was winning the ice and rocks were so perfect, all of the sudden we lose one game and according to Russ there is something either wrong with the ice or the rocks! Maybe just maybe they played a bad game??? I never thought I would say this but I think I would rather hear old man Turnbull ramble on and on and on repeating his same stories end after end! Poor Linda, TSN just can't seem to find her a good partner.

So, obviously you did not watch the game. Fry's rocks overcurled almost every end. Brad never figured it out, Fry tried to throw a little extra weight and that did not work either. Brad just plain sucked, Fry got caught on the wrong side of the inch the whole game, the front end did as much as they could.

Russ is very good. I say that as a friend of Ray (the man makes some really good ribs). Linda is also very good. I like that they are NOT homers and speak the truth. When it is a bad shot, they say it was a bad shot. The shot the US picked to try in the game last night was the worst possible shot and Russ was not afraid to say that was not the shot to try. I appreciate that in a broadcaster. Russ will say, "going wider here, fresh pebble, a little different". He is not blaming the ice, he is blaming the skip who doesn't get it.

JH

04-02-13 04:58PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by gavinboy
Russ Howard is so annoying..... Poor Linda, TSN just can't seem to find her a good partner.

surely you gest -- russ is awesome .. different strokes for different folks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

04-02-13 05:33PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

hahahaha reminds me of the "Smothers's brothers.....

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

surely you gest -- russ is awesome .. different strokes for different folks

Mom always liked you most remember Dick and brother Tom Smothers I think ...right well if you think Russ is annoying just wait till you have a earful from his brother Glenn.? almost makes putting up withthat Vic Rauter that "swiss army boy" all the better hahahahaha

04-02-13 07:46PM
Unregistered

likely the knowledgable curlers appreciate Russ the most ...as for Vic i have seen him MC and he is the best ... he is perfect for the million plus viewers that are thinking what he asks...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

04-02-13 08:53PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
likely the knowledgable curlers appreciate Russ the most ...as for Vic i have seen him MC and he is the best ... he is perfect for the million plus viewers that are thinking what he asks...

I've learned more about curling just listening to Russ calling a game. I think he is doing a great job and I like Vic as well. Linda is great too. I think we are very lucky to have such knowledgeable colour commentators covering these curling matches.

04-02-13 09:36PM
Oly M. Pics is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oly M. Pics Click here to Send Oly M. Pics a Private Message Find more posts by Oly M. Pics Add Oly M. Pics to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oly M. Pics
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

I've learned more about curling just listening to Russ calling a game. I think he is doing a great job and I like Vic as well. Linda is great too. I think we are very lucky to have such knowledgeable colour commentators covering these curling matches.

All are knowledgable at what they do. Vic asks the questions that need to be asked for the new fans. Russ and Linda answer. The only thing disagree with is the comments about ice and rocks. The curlers aren't perfect. They do miss the broom and throw the wrong weight once in a while. Even the skips sometime put the broom in the wrong place.

04-03-13 12:44AM
Flatfoot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Flatfoot Click here to Send Flatfoot a Private Message Find more posts by Flatfoot Add Flatfoot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Flatfoot
Harvey Hacksmasher

Watching teams play Canada reminds me of watching golfers who play tiger. Just be patient and the other guys will shoot themselves in the foot. Norway with two stupid calls handed it to Canada. Brad might have won anyways but the strategy calls are ridiculous.

04-03-13 02:40AM
radiowave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for radiowave Click here to Send radiowave a Private Message Find more posts by radiowave Add radiowave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiowave
Hitting Paint

Ha, this week the Tiger comparison is apt. They just have a gear that few teams can match (and those other teams are Canadian). In order to counteract this realization, teams go above and beyond the call of duty at times (much like players taking on shots they shouln't when up against Eldrick). It's like they are infected with some self-destruct virus that clouds the picture. I'm not saying it's a guarantee Canada will win, in one game anything can happen, but they are the overwhelming favorites imo.

04-03-13 07:07AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
In the old days Tiger made other guys quiver in their golf boots. However, these days Tiger hasn't won a major in over four years, his tee shots have to be played with long irons as his driver is still wild as the western plains. He's become a tremendous short iron plsyer and putter. He is, however now capable of putting 3 out of 4 rounds of tremendous golf - still not able to produce reliable consistency over 4 rounds, particularly at majors.

Jacobs is out-curling all comers, now a bit bug-a-booed by mysterious rocks and jutting ice. That said, they blew up a pretty decent Norwegian squad last night.

Other prediction - the David Murdoch experiment is starting to sour. I think the scottish headmasters will end up sending Tom Brewster to the tee for Scotland's final showdown in either the world semi-final or final. Murdoch gassed a very makeable shot vs. USA that would have all but eliminated the Americans from playoff contention. He's probably lost the confidence of Brewster's team and should rightfully be benched but I think he'll be given the benefit of the doubt for another couple games.

Good see Jacobs coming back from his loss. Not surprised about Scotland starting to self destruct. What is it about Murdoch that the Scots think they can't do without him? Brewster did ok without him before...

04-03-13 09:40AM
Unregistered

Teams appear to be intimidated by Jacobs and are trying to force things. This is a young team that is fit and capable. But, they have made some extremely questionable calls and gotten away with them because of technical prowess-not unlike a younger tiger woods.

If teams were more patient and waited, playing a cat and mouse game, for their chance I think the mounting pressure would take its toll on Canada. Rolling through the round robin means little come the playoffs.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.121.225.227

04-03-13 10:29AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

Good see Jacobs coming back from his loss. Not surprised about Scotland starting to self destruct. What is it about Murdoch that the Scots think they can't do without him? Brewster did ok without him before...

My thoughts are that the Scots have invested so much money in Murdoch over the years by making him a professional curler. Perhaps he was supposed to win several Worlds and Olympics to make the investment worthwhile. He doesn't seem to have it so far in these Worlds.

This is just an observation and I really don't need a hundred posters tell me that I'm having bad thoughts. BUT, don't Murdoch and Brewster always look like they've just smelled something really bad. Just an observation...... Have a good day.

04-03-13 10:42AM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

who skipped for Scotland last night?

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

In the womens worlds, the foreign teams started playing cat 'n mouse with Homan right off the bat. In the mens, it appeared the foreign teams were trying to shoot with Jacobs from the getgo.

Like you say, the cat 'n mouse play, ie. sticking with Canada regarding of shooting percentage deficits WILL BEGIN. Jacobs & his forces will have a new challenge come the page playoffs.

Plus, i think Scotland will hand the keys back to Tom Brewster - IF they even progress!!!

when they lost to those Americans?

04-03-13 10:51AM
Unregistered

quote:

Perhaps he was supposed to win several Worlds

Murdoch already has won several worlds

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.20.51.134

04-03-13 11:21AM
Unregistered

quote:
Teams appear to be intimidated by Jacobs and are trying to force things. This is a young team that is fit and capable. But, they have made some extremely questionable calls and gotten away with them because of technical prowess-not unlike a younger tiger woods.

If teams were more patient and waited, playing a cat and mouse game, for their chance I think the mounting pressure would take its toll on Canada. Rolling through the round robin means little come the playoffs.

I agree to an extent. Finland and The Czech Republic have both demonstrated that in a way. Neither of them played with fear, they played their game and for Finland in one end anyway it payed off. Finland might even have been able to pull off the win if they handt fallen apart, I am not sure what happened to their draw weight after the fourth end.

The Czech Republic never really went away and, sure they were helped by Canada but they also kept it together.

It reminds me a bit of Mark Dacey in 2004. He basically went through the round robin unchallenged with the exception of 1 or 2 games and when everyone was ready to declare him champion he lost to Germany and that was that.

The team that I think everyone needs to wqatch out for may be Denmark. Very good and probably under rated team that are on a major hot streak. They have a tough schedule to finish but if they can get through it they could be trouble.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.163.53.10

04-03-13 11:32AM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

quote:

This is just an observation and I really don't need a hundred posters tell me that I'm having bad thoughts. BUT, don't Murdoch and Brewster always look like they've just smelled something really bad. Just an observation......

That is just way too funny.

04-03-13 01:46PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

lets see Japan leading in 8th end, 7 to 4....

have the wheels come off the imperturbably cart or what? Interesting because this lets other teams have a shot at the playoffs and might have tie breakers?

04-03-13 01:48PM
radiowave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for radiowave Click here to Send radiowave a Private Message Find more posts by radiowave Add radiowave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiowave
Hitting Paint

Canada looks asleep at the switch this morning. They had a lull at a similar point during the Brier. The playoffs can't get here soon enough.

04-03-13 02:04PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

How has Canada managed to give up a 3-spot twice in the same game against Japan?