Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 4 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-16-16 08:59AM
broomsmith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for broomsmith Click here to Send broomsmith a Private Message Find more posts by broomsmith Add broomsmith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
broomsmith
Harvey Hacksmasher

http://youtu.be/rccq3ql2l1o

This is a link to a 1985 brier game between Ryan and Hackner. See the similar situation on Hackner's last shot at minute 42:00 and how quick thinking from the Alberta team avoided the same disaster.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-16-16 01:13PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by broomsmith
http://youtu.be/rccq3ql2l1o

This is a link to a 1985 brier game between Ryan and Hackner. See the similar situation on Hackner's last shot at minute 42:00 and how quick thinking from the Alberta team avoided the same disaster.

Why was there 3 people in the house when Hackner was throwing?

04-18-16 09:35AM
minh nguyen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for minh nguyen Click here to Send minh nguyen a Private Message Visit minh nguyen's homepage! Find more posts by minh nguyen Add minh nguyen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
minh nguyen
Knee-Slider

At the end of the day, JAPAN Team keep their professionalism and stand they head straight and kept playing the game.

We all know that JAPAN Team is a much strong team and they will come back next year as a stronger team

04-23-16 05:45PM
cubicice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cubicice Click here to Send cubicice a Private Message Find more posts by cubicice Add cubicice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cubicice
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by celtichound

I had looked through both the CCA and WCF rulebooks to find something that relates to this situation. I couldn't find anything that related to a stone rebounding off the dividers and striking a stone in motion, or set in motion,

Rule R9(e) states "If a displacement is caused by stones deflecting off the sheet dividers, the stones are replaced, by the non-delivering team, to their positions prior to the violation taking place." Thus it is to the benefit of the delivering team to ensure that this situation does not occur.

04-23-16 06:20PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by cubicice

Rule R9(e) states "If a displacement is caused by stones deflecting off the sheet dividers, the stones are replaced, by the non-delivering team, to their positions prior to the violation taking place." Thus it is to the benefit of the delivering team to ensure that this situation does not occur.

that rule applies to displaced stationary stones not a stone that is already in motion.

04-23-16 06:46PM
hurryhard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hurryhard Click here to Send hurryhard a Private Message Find more posts by hurryhard Add hurryhard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hurryhard
Harvey Hacksmasher

Shuster decision

Yes I agree too what is said the delivery team is responsible but if there is any great problem there are on ice officials that should make a final decision if there is any problems

04-23-16 06:57PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

Re: Shuster decision

quote:
Originally posted by hurryhard
Yes I agree too what is said the delivery team is responsible but if there is any great problem there are on ice officials that should make a final decision if there is any problems

I don't understand where it says the delivering team is responsible. that rule just means if a stationary rock is hit by a rock out of play the displaced stationary stone is put back to where it was prior to being hit.

04-24-16 01:15PM
ngm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ngm Click here to Send ngm a Private Message Find more posts by ngm Add ngm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ngm
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Shuster decision

quote:
Originally posted by dugless_zone 13

I don't understand where it says the delivering team is responsible.

The way everyone understands the way the game is actually played is where "it says" that.

04-24-16 01:32PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

I'll say it one more time, when the skip is pleading/ begging with his OWN third to convince him that the rock was staying says a lot. If it was me. the rock would have been placed out of the rings and I would be drawing for 2 and feel fortunate to do so.
That's the way everyone should understand how the "gentlemen's game" is played.

Last edited by guido on 04-24-16 at 01:35PM

04-24-16 02:39PM
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Re: Shuster decision

quote:
Originally posted by ngm

The way everyone understands the way the game is actually played is where "it says" that.

so you're saying nowhere in the rules does it say that.

04-24-16 05:07PM
ngm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ngm Click here to Send ngm a Private Message Find more posts by ngm Add ngm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ngm
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Re: Re: Shuster decision

quote:

so you're saying nowhere in the rules does it say that.

Similarly, nowhere in the rules does it say a player cannot be an orangutan.

04-24-16 05:20PM
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shuster decision

quote:
Originally posted by ngm

Similarly, nowhere in the rules does it say a player cannot be an orangutan.

nope, no one is disputing an orangutan playing, don't see the comparison.

04-25-16 01:25PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shuster decision

quote:
nope, no one is disputing an orangutan playing, don't see the comparison.

Weeks later and you're still mistakenly arguing the point. Unbelievable

04-25-16 03:27PM
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shuster decision

quote:
Originally posted by Guest

Weeks later and you're still mistakenly arguing the point. Unbelievable

actually we were talking about the displaced stationary stone rule and whether orangutans can play according to the rules, completely different.

04-25-16 11:14PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

I can't believe that Mauch went to a three pitcher rotation with a 6.5 game lead.

JH
Phightins' create ways to lose

04-26-16 10:13AM
nom de broom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nom de broom Find more posts by nom de broom Add nom de broom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nom de broom
Harvey Hacksmasher

Did Prince truly transcend genre, or was he primarily a pop star, a rock star, or an R&B star? Discuss.

04-26-16 10:17AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

How many roads must a man walk down, before they can call him a man?

04-26-16 10:46AM
nom de broom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nom de broom Find more posts by nom de broom Add nom de broom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nom de broom
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by AlanMacNeill

Well, Alan, as you well know -- when it comes to joining the HPP, a helluva lot of roads.

04-26-16 10:52AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

I wasn't going there...but...since we did..

How many brushes would a HPP brusher brush, if an HPP brusher could brush brushes?

04-26-16 11:18AM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:

42 !

04-26-16 07:32PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Three

42 !

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

04-26-16 10:57PM
Grat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grat Click here to Send Grat a Private Message Find more posts by Grat Add Grat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grat
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Three

42 !

Almost gave a redundant answer because I didn't read all the way down to the last posts. Once I realized I wasn't first I started to enter the long, dark tea time of the soul.

04-26-16 11:01PM
Grat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grat Click here to Send Grat a Private Message Find more posts by Grat Add Grat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grat
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Phil_D

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

By the way Phil, I wore my awesome Nerd Curl t-shirt to the Dallas bonspiel this weekend. Lots of compliments. Maybe even more than when I got my Rock Life shirt. You guys going to do another printing?

-Carl

04-26-16 11:39PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Grat

By the way Phil, I wore my awesome Nerd Curl t-shirt to the Dallas bonspiel this weekend. Lots of compliments. Maybe even more than when I got my Rock Life shirt. You guys going to do another printing?

-Carl

Awesome! Glad you like it, and glad to hear it was so popular. Thanks for the support.

We're looking at some options to get our stuff out there, but we definitely plan on doing some more shirts in the future one way or another.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

04-27-16 12:16AM
SmokeyJoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SmokeyJoe Find more posts by SmokeyJoe Add SmokeyJoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SmokeyJoe
Hitting Paint

quote:

The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind

Bob Dylan - the pride of Hibbing.