Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 10 of 10 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-26-17 07:49PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Who on this forum knows exactly all aspects of the Jen / Cathy O relationships, events leading to the divorce, details of curling objectives and execution, family dynamics etc etc? Since I suspect outside of the individuals involved nobody could or should be privy to the details, and hence should not be in a position to publicly speculate or condem.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-26-17 08:00PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by gushuechamp

In the big picture it doesnt matter. She has the wins and that is what her legacy is going to based on. It is not like Homan is known as a sweetheart either, LOL!

Are you joking?

She would give up her Olympic gold tomorrow if Canadian

curling fans promised to forgive and forget Gimli.

03-26-17 09:28PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by guido

I guess you don't know the meaning of ever.

I guess you don't realize how good Jones was.

03-26-17 09:35PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Doesn't matter what anyone thinks of J Jones.

She skipped the last team to win a gold for Canada in 2008.

She also won the Bronze in 2010 and Silver in 2015.

She has won The Scott Tournament of Hearts 5 times.

Great record.

03-26-17 09:39PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

What was the GIMLI fiasco?

03-26-17 09:46PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

From the vultures from JUNGLE BOOK, "Don't go start'n that again"

03-26-17 09:55PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan
Doesn't matter what anyone thinks of J Jones.

She skipped the last team to win a gold for Canada in 2008.

She also won the Bronze in 2010 and Silver in 2015.

She has won The Scott Tournament of Hearts 5 times.

Great record.

there was no fiasco.

03-26-17 10:02PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

ML. How would HOMAN do against a jones of say 8-10 years ago?

03-26-17 10:45PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Jones lead the way for Homan's success.

Before Jones was Jones. Colleen. But her success was a very boring hit, hit, hit.

Jennifer Jones' success was due to her aggressive shot calling.

Homan has followed JJones' path.

03-26-17 11:40PM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
I think I saw every end (maybe sleepy through some) and don't recall Canada playing the fifth. At one time the fifth had to play X amount to be on the trophy and in records. Is that still needed?

One would think that, in running through the round robin undefeated, they could have given Cheryl an opportunity to get in there and play half a game here or there. I don't think that's too much to ask.
Maybe they did, and we just didn't see it. But if they didn't, they definitely should have.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

03-27-17 02:18AM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by dugless_zone 13
What was the GIMLI fiasco?

Google is your friend! 😆 Bob Weeks' archives will show you the way with a pretty thorough column that outlines the whole controversy. Sorry, I don't have the link.

Kudos to the Homan team for as dominating a performance at the worlds as I can remember. Brilliant play all week.

03-27-17 08:18AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by maybo

Google is your friend! 😆 Bob Weeks' archives will show you the way with a pretty thorough column that outlines the whole controversy. Sorry, I don't have the link.

Kudos to the Homan team for as dominating a performance at the worlds as I can remember. Brilliant play all week.

Here's the link. This happened nine years ago and this incident should be overwith by now. Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't. In any case, Jones, although I'm not a fan, has certainly come a long way since then.

http://bobweeksoncurling.blogspot.c...e-splainin.html

03-27-17 10:07AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

Here's the link. This happened nine years ago and this incident should be overwith by now. Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't. In any case, Jones, although I'm not a fan, has certainly come a long way since then.

http://bobweeksoncurling.blogspot.c...e-splainin.html

She's come a long way because her current vice is nicer. Curlers have long memories, these are people that remember shots from 50 years ago.

03-27-17 10:49AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Before the emergence of Homan & Co. in 2013 the 4 best

women's teams in the world were skipped by Norberg,

Gustafson, Schmirler and Colleen Jones, in that order.

I have been fortunate to have watched each of these four

in their prime. Although Homan & Co. have not yet peaked,

there is no doubt in my mind that this team will be

considered the best ever in due course, if not now.

In any case, in a 5 game series with any of the above-

mentioned, I believe Homan would win a minimum of 3 games,

at the very worst.

( Against Jenny? I suspect Rachel would flatout win 4 of 5. )

03-27-17 12:37PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
Before the emergence of Homan & Co. in 2013 the 4 best

women's teams in the world were skipped by Norberg,

Gustafson, Schmirler and Colleen Jones, in that order.

I have been fortunate to have watched each of these four

in their prime. Although Homan & Co. have not yet peaked,

there is no doubt in my mind that this team will be

considered the best ever in due course, if not now.

In any case, in a 5 game series with any of the above-

mentioned, I believe Homan would win a minimum of 3 games,

at the very worst.

( Against Jenny? I suspect Rachel would flatout win 4 of 5. )

Bang on. It is hard to compare teams of different eras but I think Deliverer nailed it here.

If Team Homan sticks together for another 10 years their list of accomplishments will be ridiculous.

03-27-17 03:06PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

She's come a long way because her current vice is nicer. Curlers have long memories, these are people that remember shots from 50 years ago.

I didn't mention her vice because that was not the point of the article nor was my posting.

03-28-17 04:29AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

'Cathy O.' is one of the most universally liked and respected curlers of the past 15 years - still today. She comes in and spares for injured/missing curlers on many teams. If people did not like and respect her - and appreciate her curling abilities - she would not be asked to spare as often as she is asked.

Nothing against Kaitlyn, but I doubt that she'll ever achieve that level of respect. Few do.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

03-28-17 08:43AM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose

'Cathy O.' is one of the most universally liked and respected curlers of the past 15 years - still today. She comes in and spares for injured/missing curlers on many teams. If people did not like and respect her - and appreciate her curling abilities - she would not be asked to spare as often as she is asked.

Nothing against Kaitlyn, but I doubt that she'll ever achieve that level of respect. Few do.

Where's that damn like button.

03-28-17 12:08PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Are you kidding me? Kaitlyn Lawes is as revered a curler as any front end or 3rd players in the last 30 years.

WRONG!!!

03-29-17 03:05AM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Pretty amazing that Paetz burst onto the scene 3 years ago shocking everyone winning the Worlds, since then she hasn't done much and was very disappointing this time.

03-29-17 03:46AM
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Are you kidding me? Kaitlyn Lawes is as revered a curler as any front end or 3rd players in the last 30 years.

When it comes to curler recognition in this country there are 3 female curlers who come to mind for immediate recognition of not only the avid folks like us but the casual fans who could take curling whenever nothing else is on TV.
Jones, Homan & K Lawes.

No, I'm not kidding you or anyone else.
Kaitlyn is still a kid. She has virtually no track record at the elite level. She's only been in the elite women's field for 4 or 5 years. To claim that she has amassed anywhere near the respect that Cathy O. has is simply absurd.

Again, this is not at all a knock of Kaitlyn. She could become extremely well respected eventually. But to earn the level of respect we're speaking of, one must be in the game for a lot longer than Kaitlyn has been thus far.

As well, as you yourself mentioned, Kaitlyn is not the assertive type. She is more submissive, and will defer to her Skip. If this character continues throughout her curling career, she will not be counted as one of the most respected curlers - because that is reserved for curlers who are assertive and who are not afraid to speak up and take initiative and, if they are not a Skip, to at least have a significant degree of influence in team strategy. Thus far, this does not seem to be Kaitlyn's natural character - which is fine... but it also won't render her as one of the most respected or revered curlers.

Put succinctly, I would be quite surprised, in 15 to 20 years, when Kaitlyn is the age that Cathy O. is now, if Kaitlyn is as universally liked and respected as Cathy O. is now, or if she is asked to spare on a variety of teams even half as often as Cathy O. is now.

03-29-17 08:02AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

im interested in whats gonna happen with kaitlyn when jj retires. will she return to skipping, and if she does out of what province. i hope she keeps going after her time with jenniffer is over. she was an excellent skip as a junior and when he gets the opportunities she does well at this level.

03-29-17 10:03AM
curlky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlky Click here to Send curlky a Private Message Find more posts by curlky Add curlky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlky
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose
...or if she is asked to spare on a variety of teams even half as often as Cathy O. is now.

I have no idea who Cathy O is, I am relatively new to curling, and nto Canadian, so I have missed her years of being elite. BUt as far as her being a super sub, I am not sure that it says all that much. Elite spares are not easy to find. The best players are going to be on their own teams, so a super spare is going to be a respected, nice, skilled player who has moved away from the grind of full time professional curler, and as I just said, that list is short

03-29-17 11:13AM
Ajay
Drawmaster

Super spare??? What comes to my mind, while having accomplished much, why is she even available as a spare? Could it be that she is not a team player to be wanted by a team or can't get people to curl with her on her team? I also feel she went public to suck the fans sympathy after the divorce, whereas Jen treated it as a business decision which it was and kept personnel matters in house, like it should be.

03-29-17 11:40AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Uh oh - I was about to add my 25 cents, but I don't think we want to reopen the whole COC/JJ divorce on this again...ML if you want to discuss the merits of Kaitlyn and JJ, maybe we should start a new thread.