Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 8 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-28-15 09:22PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

both teams great shots, both teams big misses

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-28-15 09:51PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Prototypical woulda, coulda, shoulda game. Shuster could have closed it out with his first rock in 9th, instead left an opening for Simmons to make a great shot for 3. Some encouraging play for USA but also some not so encouraging. Got to convert these opportunities for Ws

03-28-15 09:54PM
melvin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for melvin Click here to Send melvin a Private Message Find more posts by melvin Add melvin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
melvin
Harvey Hacksmasher

Some misses, yes. And hogline violation? Uhg...

Still, great start for the US gentlemen. Despite not getting the "W", plenty to be proud of and build on. Shuster is looking to be in good form.

03-28-15 10:01PM
IMWright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IMWright Click here to Send IMWright a Private Message Find more posts by IMWright Add IMWright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IMWright
Swing Artist

Fairly respectable. Was a tough matchup. Hopefully they can convert some matches to W's.

And yes, their uniforms are awful. You'd think with a sponsor like Nike they'd be able to get something that looks decent. It looks like I could grabbed a shirt out of any store and stitched some patches on there.

03-29-15 09:49AM
Claire Marie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Claire Marie Click here to Send Claire Marie a Private Message Find more posts by Claire Marie Add Claire Marie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Claire Marie
Harvey Hacksmasher

They'd look a lot better on some buff bodies. What's with the American team, they don't look to be in shape like the rest of the curlers (or most of them).

Aside from my shallow comment lol, they gave the Canadians a fight.

03-29-15 10:31AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Go USA!

Really enjoyed this super high-scoring match up.

But for a few "fumbles" by USA.. they could have won this one
Surprised Ty seemed to crack a bit under pressure..

Hope to see this team make it to the Playoffs.....

03-29-15 10:43AM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Looks like the WCF and TSN are both going to show CAN-CHN in the afternoon draw today. CurlingGeek will cover USA-NOR at 2:30pm AT, 1:30 ET

https://games.curlinggeek.com

03-29-15 11:57AM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Claire Marie
They'd look a lot better on some buff bodies. What's with the American team, they don't look to be in shape like the rest of the curlers (or most of them).

Aside from my shallow comment lol, they gave the Canadians a fight.

You mean they squandered a 7-4 lead after 4 to lose yet again?

The guy who said that Italy would struggle, Italy "struggled" to a win over Scotland yesterday, and Italy "struggled" to an 11-5 win over Sweden today.

The team that will struggle to beat even Italy is the United States.

03-29-15 12:51PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

How many Canadians do we need in this thread?

Free speech...exchange of ideas...differing points of view...yada yada yada...

Fine, but remember these guys are our team and, in many cases here, our friends. We can trash them all we want, but negative comments from our northern curling snob neighbours (spelled it that way for you) are about as welcome as a skunk in a perfume factory.

Now I'm not saying, "Go away". I'm not saying, "Shut up". Well...yeah...I guess I am; but only because you're talking about my friends. At least remember that you're posting in a thread read by those who care beyond the scoreboard. (can't wait to see Claire Marie's buff body)

Ben Tucker
Bad enough we have to put up with cheesehead Wisconsinites...yeah...I said it.

03-29-15 01:09PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

Talking Is this buffed bod a bluffed bod?

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
(can't wait to see Claire Marie's buff body)

Here you go. You're welcome.
Buffed Claire-Marie

03-29-15 02:43PM
nom de broom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nom de broom Find more posts by nom de broom Add nom de broom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nom de broom
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

Fine, but remember these guys are our team and, in many cases here, our friends. We can trash them all we want, but negative comments from our northern curling snob neighbours (spelled it that way for you) are about as welcome as a skunk in a perfume factory.

Now I'm not saying, "Go away". I'm not saying, "Shut up". Well...yeah...I guess I am; but only because you're talking about my friends. At least remember that you're posting in a thread read by those who care beyond the scoreboard. (can't wait to see Claire Marie's buff body)

Ben Tucker

Don't. Feed. The. Troll.

03-29-15 04:38PM
IMWright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IMWright Click here to Send IMWright a Private Message Find more posts by IMWright Add IMWright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IMWright
Swing Artist

And the US Curling world breathes a collective sigh of relief.

Squeaked out a big win against Norway. Learn from the game, and move on. Still playing well in general. Needs to finish up the games and not give up the leads.

03-29-15 04:49PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Nice win. Got to quit giving up 3's in the 9th end

03-29-15 04:56PM
Dorycurls is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dorycurls Click here to Send Dorycurls a Private Message Find more posts by Dorycurls Add Dorycurls to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dorycurls
Harvey Hacksmasher

Nice playing guys and nice win. The starting schedule was not kind to the US and you ended up going to two extra ends on your first two games. Keep up the great work, the good communications and the positive attitudes. You can do it!

03-29-15 05:03PM
Mr. Jordan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Jordan Click here to Send Mr. Jordan a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Jordan Add Mr. Jordan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mr. Jordan
Harvey Hacksmasher

No doubt we'll be hearing from murph all about how USA almost lost that one instead of how they defeated a good Norway team.

I share the feelings of most of you here in being pleased with the team's start. I like that they're playing aggressively.

As for the shirts, USA's current ones (and most of their duds in general) look like they were bought on a clearance rack of a TJ Maxx but they could be worse. I'd still rather have our boys wearing a clean look than Canada's over-designed monstrosity, or China's beach bum shirts. And if Shuster can find his way on the podium, he'll achieve sex god status, buff body or not :p.

Around the kitchen with their socks on by a pack of timberwolves." --Dik Van Dykes

03-29-15 05:19PM
IMWright
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Jordan
No doubt we'll be hearing from murph all about how USA almost lost that one instead of how they defeated a good Norway team.

I share the feelings of most of you here in being pleased with the team's start. I like that they're playing aggressively.

As for the shirts, USA's current ones (and most of their duds in general) look like they were bought on a clearance rack of a TJ Maxx but they could be worse. I'd still rather have our boys wearing a clean look than Canada's over-designed monstrosity, or China's beach bum shirts. And if Shuster can find his way on the podium, he'll achieve sex god status, buff body or not :p.

I think Canada's uniforms look sharp. Maybe they're a bit busy. I'd rather have that though. The USA's don't fit well at all, and is not flattering on the athletes. And you don't need to be a buff person to have a shirt that fits well and makes you look good. A well-fitted shirt can hide a bit of a gut.

Anyways, wardrobe aside, a 1-1 record with Canada and Norway behind you isn't too bad.

03-29-15 06:25PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Agreed, 1-1 against Canada and Norway is not bad at all to say the least.

Overall I think they're playing great. Sure, they've had their share of misses and what not but it's still early. If they keep this up then I think they're definitely in the hunt for a spot on the podium.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

03-29-15 06:28PM
rbi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rbi Click here to Send rbi a Private Message Find more posts by rbi Add rbi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rbi
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by IMWright

a 1-1 record with Canada and Norway behind you isn't too bad.

it's great, actually. every other team in the field would love to go 1-1 against those two. and to have taken both of them 10 extra ends is amazing regardless of the outcomes. i hope the USA keeps playing well all week.

03-29-15 10:30PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Okay, late night cliche filled post.

1-2 against which most would consider the top 3 is fine, especially with the game against Canada. Simmons doesn't make that 5 out of 4 shot in 9 and they are 2-1. Told the rest of the world that the US came to play and is not the free spot on the bingo card. Better bring your A game.

Next up is Finland, Italy, Scotland, China. Scotland is struggling. The other three are certainly winnable. 3-1 is good and 4-0 is not out of the question. That sets up the team to make a run to the playoffs.

One game at a time, one rock at a time. They are NOT happy to be here but playing to win.

GO USA!

JHcurl
11:26 AT or 11:56 NL time (which I use for drinking, love the extra 1/2 hour)

03-29-15 10:41PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Tough loss for them tonight.

It had to be hard coming off two tough extra-end games though, especially with little to no downtime after the game with Norway.

Two of their toughest opponents are behind them though, and it's still early in the week. No doubt they'll bounce back tomorrow morning and come out swinging against Finland.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

03-29-15 11:53PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:

Ben Tucker

Well, to be quite serious here, if you are going to be delusional you may be called on it. US is a medium to long shot here ( eg 40-1 to win Gold on the one betting site it seems ), and pretty much every US team you've picked to medal lately has struggled to avoid dead last at these events. Those aren't opinions they are facts.

Canadians often have "friends" on their teams as well. You talked down the merits of the Simmons team even though anyone who has followed them carefully knows it's a special situation. The cash circuit results are meaningless, Simmons played extremely well at times in the Brier for Saskatchewan and Morris was good enough to be runner up skip at the Brier when he was barely out of juniors.
Yet he dropped down to third to help the team; that indicates the team strength needed to win a Brier.

Last edited by Nine Ender on 03-30-15 at 12:25AM

03-30-15 01:02PM
Mr. Jordan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Jordan Click here to Send Mr. Jordan a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Jordan Add Mr. Jordan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mr. Jordan
Harvey Hacksmasher

I didn't get a chance to follow the Finland game, but it's a disappointing final score. One would figure that if we really are to put enough Ws together to get into 4th place, then Finland was one of those teams we really ought to have beaten.

7-4 is almost always the target for 4th place, so we really don't have much to play with here.

Around the kitchen with their socks on by a pack of timberwolves." --Dik Van Dykes

03-30-15 01:28PM
CURLogic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLogic Click here to Send CURLogic a Private Message Find more posts by CURLogic Add CURLogic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLogic
Harvey Hacksmasher

Finland played pretty well relative to US. US guys need to be more consistent on the front end, gotta make the peals and guards. There's too much pressure on the back end to make tough shots.

03-30-15 02:08PM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Yep, the margin for error is all but gone now...at 1-3, Shuster's gonna need to go on a 6-1 tear the rest of the way to have a good grasp on a playoff berth.

On the plus side, he's been here before...his back was against the wall at the Olympic Qualifier and he came through...it's doable, he just needs to perform.

03-30-15 02:39PM
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by CURLogic
US guys need to be more consistent on the front end, gotta make the peals and guards. There's too much pressure on the back end to make tough shots.

Whole team needs to pick up their game. Landsteiner ranks as #10 lead, Hamilton is #7 but lots closer to worst 2nd than to best 2nd, George as #12 vice and Shuster as #10 skip. Part of Shusters low % is that he is not getting much help from George but he has also missed some big, very makeable shots. Nice to have Canada and Norway out of the way, but really need to pick it up to make playoffs.