Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 3 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-17-14 12:53PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

2014 Europeans

So the European championships are set to start this weekend.

WOMEN

The womens field is probably the weakest there has been in a long time. The favorites have to be Russia, Scotland and Switzerland and they are truly head and shoulders above everyone else if they are on their game. the podium should consist of some configuration of those 3. Its truly wide open among everyone else. Denmark has to be considered the dark horse here while sweden could make the playoffs but i dont see them winning it all.Either way sweden and denmark should both finish top 5.

czech republic, finland, estonia, latvia and germany will all be fighting for positions 6-10. they are all equal with each other, i dont think any of them will find easy times against the others. if i had to rank them i'd have this: czech republic, germany, latvia, finland, estonia. i think the first 3 will do enough to stay in the A group ..my prediction is latvia finishing 8th and having to play the world group playoff. finland and estonia back to B.

speaking of B i see Austria coming through this year. They are the best team there. chief challengers will be italy, norway, hungary and maybe the netherlands. I predict norway will come through the group with austria. austria wins and beats latvia in the world group playoff.

MEN

There really isnt anything new to see here. the usual teams are here. edin has had a poor season as has snitil. ulsrud has had progressively worse results and played only 3 events . scotland is good but inexperienced. denmark has looked bad as well, couldnt even win a weak event at home last week. the remaining teams are close with each other. italy has a strong young team but, again inexperience may kill them. i think it'll be germany and italy dropping down to B and latvia finishing 8th and playing the world group playoff. russia is a dark horse, they can be dangerous but im not sure they have what it takes to get by sweden, norway or switzerland for a medal.i do think they will battlke for the 4th playoff spot with scotland and denmark

B group is totally wide open and hard to predict. netherlands and autria have promising young teams. france and finland are experienced. turkey surprised with a respectable performance last year while israel shocked by qualifying. im not sure they can do well here though. i predict that austria and findland get through. finland will battle for the world spot but lose to latvia in 3.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-17-14 01:57PM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Men's B

40% of Team Israel curls out of Potomac.

They are ecstatic to have made the B's, but they aren't satisfied to have just gotten there.

I agree that they're a long shot, but I think they may surprise and be in the running for a promotion. We'll see.

11-22-14 02:54AM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

Both Men's and Women's look like three team races. Sweden, Norway and Switzerland on the Men's and Scotland, Russia and Switzerland on the Women's. The Danes should be in the playoff mix in both as well. Hasselborg and Edwards are the wild cards in each division. Both teams play for strong curling countries but are getting their first opportunity to represent those countries at this level. I'll be particularly interested to see how they do.

I'll go with Scotland over Switzerland in the Women's final and Sweden over Norway in the Men's.

11-22-14 08:03AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

scotland upsets norway draw 1

and what may be an even bigger upset germany defeats denmark

on the mens side

11-22-14 11:56AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

not a good start for the reigning world champs

finland ladies could go 4-0 early now but i'd still see them finish 4-5. still that'd be enough to get back to worlds

11-22-14 03:11PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Re: 2014 Europeans

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
WOMEN
czech republic, finland, estonia, latvia and germany will all be fighting for positions 6-10.

So, for me, Estonia arrived out of the blue. I am sure they have been climbing the ladder of B, but I didn't remember that they'd qualified for A. I like to see new countries trickling up.

Following the scores is a bit of a bother. Nothing here at CZ and the ECC site is giving a noServer banner. Anybody have a better link?

11-22-14 03:19PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: 2014 Europeans

quote:
Originally posted by nelski

So, for me, Estonia arrived out of the blue. I am sure they have been climbing the ladder of B, but I didn't remember that they'd qualified for A. I like to see new countries trickling up.

Following the scores is a bit of a bother. Nothing here at CZ and the ECC site is giving a noServer banner. Anybody have a better link?

well curlit is up as usual this year so you can at least follow by that shot by shot visual thing they have..even if it is a bit off sometimes.

webstream starts tomorrow

http://www.curlit.com/

11-22-14 03:21PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

german are an early surprise once again

11-23-14 07:02PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

2 bad losses for the german men today . 2 matches they could have and probably should have won but just didnt take their chances. going to be tough now

denmark men need to get their asses in motion or it wont just be a spot at worlds in jeopardy it will be keeping their spot in the A group

norway looking extremely shaky here. they still have sweden and switzerland to come so they better get it together

with just how close everyone is i could see 4 losses getting you tiebreakers

11-23-14 07:35PM
americancurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for americancurler Click here to Send americancurler a Private Message Find more posts by americancurler Add americancurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
americancurler
Knee-Slider

What happened in the Israel v France game? it just says Israel win France lose.

11-23-14 07:57PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by americancurler
What happened in the Israel v France game? it just says Israel win France lose.

i guess france isnt there because its been like that for all their games

11-23-14 08:57PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Any reason given for France's no show? Should that not mean a suspension from the WCF?

11-23-14 08:59PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

none that i know. perhaps gerry know something?

11-23-14 09:02PM
Hot shot tony is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hot shot tony Click here to Send Hot shot tony a Private Message Find more posts by Hot shot tony Add Hot shot tony to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hot shot tony
Harvey Hacksmasher

Israel Curling Twitter simply stated "After a forfeit by France (who didn't come to ‪#‎ecc2014‬ because of an injury and some politics"

11-23-14 10:16PM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

So a question which this brings up...

Does that mean that all of the teams in the "B" division "Red" group are safe from relegation, and France will be relegated automatically?

11-24-14 08:15AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i think what might be the biggest surprise here so far is denmark. yes stjerne can be up and down but to actually be in sanger is relegation..i didnt see that coming. and its not really like denmark is a team you would guarantee would get back right away either

11-24-14 08:37AM
MiniMark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MiniMark Click here to Send MiniMark a Private Message Find more posts by MiniMark Add MiniMark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MiniMark
Hitting Paint

The biggest surprise

...is that NO ONE has made any jokes about the French surrendering yet. Curlingzone, you disappoint me.

11-24-14 10:11AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

scotland isnt winning this game, edwards is. germany would be up by at least 2 right now if not for edwards.

11-24-14 10:12AM
VAcurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VAcurler Click here to Send VAcurler a Private Message Find more posts by VAcurler Add VAcurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VAcurler
Hitting Paint

Cool

Mark,
we save those jokes for Facebook...and yes that joke was already made. This is a serious curling forum

Jason

11-24-14 10:30AM
Hot shot tony is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hot shot tony Click here to Send Hot shot tony a Private Message Find more posts by Hot shot tony Add Hot shot tony to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hot shot tony
Harvey Hacksmasher

Wow. That runback triple for 4 by Baumann was a dandy.

11-24-14 10:34AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

That shot by the german skip was absolutely brilliant and also gutsy. he could have lost the game there but instead he might have won it

11-24-14 01:10PM
courtneyshaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for courtneyshaw Click here to Send courtneyshaw a Private Message Find more posts by courtneyshaw Add courtneyshaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
courtneyshaw
Harvey Hacksmasher

burned stone

I was interested to hear people's opinions on the stone that was burned in the SCO-GER game. I had a very similar thing happen in a game this weekend where a stone was clipped by a sweeper after the hogline. We owned up to it, and the opposing skip chose to remove the stone from play.

Germany did not own appear to own up to it, although it could be seen in the replay. Scotland called them on it, but the officials did not intervene. Scotland was noticeably displeased with the outcome, and went on to lose the game.

11-24-14 01:33PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: burned stone

quote:
Originally posted by courtneyshaw
I was interested to hear people's opinions on the stone that was burned in the SCO-GER game. I had a very similar thing happen in a game this weekend where a stone was clipped by a sweeper after the hogline. We owned up to it, and the opposing skip chose to remove the stone from play.

Germany did not own appear to own up to it, although it could be seen in the replay. Scotland called them on it, but the officials did not intervene. Scotland was noticeably displeased with the outcome, and went on to lose the game.

well its quite possible germany didnt even know. this was like a miniscule brush so if the sweeper himself didnt notice then its understandable

baumann himself certainly had no way of knowing. the only one who really could have seen is manuel walter, but again it was such a slight touch that it was hard to catch unless you were standing right there

11-24-14 02:02PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

finland got through the first 4 games 4-0 like i predicted but now we'll see what they are made of with most of the stronger teams to come. think 4-5 is gonna happen

11-24-14 02:39PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

Great News Canadians

TSN5 will be broadcasting the Euros starting on Wednesday

wed.26 1-4pm mens draw 9
thu.27 1-4pm playoffs
fri.28 1-4pm semis
sat.29 6am womens final 9am mens final

YAY!!