Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Johnny Mo joins Cotter

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 10 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-25-13 12:37PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Hopin for Donny Walchuk.. Thats unlikely but would be awesome to watch. Might even cheer for Martin again! #perfectslide #textbook

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.53.8.51

04-25-13 12:40PM
Unregistered

Hard to imagine Charley Thomas leaving his current situation, though I suppose it is possible.

Also would have to think Laing is planning a Manitoba move after this season, so the thought of Morris taking over that team also seems a bit unlikely.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.22.16.53

04-25-13 12:57PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Hard to imagine Charley Thomas leaving his current situation, though I suppose it is possible.

Also would have to think Laing is planning a Manitoba move after this season, so the thought of Morris taking over that team also seems a bit unlikely.

Or is she moving to Ont.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-25-13 01:03PM
curlingmad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingmad Click here to Send curlingmad a Private Message Find more posts by curlingmad Add curlingmad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingmad
Swing Artist

There will be a lot of speculation around the breakup, but Im sure it will all be fully explained on Friday, as both parties will enlighten us on what everyone is doing next season.

I would think Kevin has all of the contacts in the world at the Saville, as anyone who is anyone plays there at some point so he already knows who will join him. Dont be surprised if he goes to youth someone like Brendon who is already close because of the university team connection with Kevs son.

I think having a third who isnt from the same club has proven a hardship so I cant imagine Kevin bringing in someone from out of prov or even from another area. I think any young curler would be stupid not to accept a role on the team considering it will be very short-term and will end after the Olympics.

04-25-13 01:13PM
Unregistered

Bottcher at this time is not at the level Kevin would need and demand. He may get there but definitely not there now. This is most likely Kevin's last kick at the can and he'll go with someone who has played at the very top level before and is most likely still playing at that level.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 199.198.223.108

04-25-13 01:30PM
the yap is offline Click Here to See the Profile for the yap Click here to Send the yap a Private Message Find more posts by the yap Add the yap to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
the yap
Harvey Hacksmasher

Location: down the street from psychotic right next to oblivious

Mark Nichols would be a great addition at third for Martin. But I think Mark is too nice a guy to pull the pin on Stoughton. Kevin Folk now lives in Alberta.

04-25-13 01:42PM
icemnnjack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for icemnnjack Find more posts by icemnnjack Add icemnnjack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
icemnnjack
Harvey Hacksmasher

fifth for howard, they win everything, glenn retires and he plays third for wayne, doughtfull but would be a great team

04-25-13 01:58PM
Unregistered

depending upon what happens friday this has got to be the bottom of the barrel for this gold medal crapola

hopefully somebody that qualified for the roar or the pretrials in the past two years doesnt get punted because john isnt happy playing with a top skip , top 5 FOR SURE, .... the best 2 nd and top 5 lead ... and i would put john in top 5 thirds - on a good day no one is better than these 4 - applies to howard team too .. stoughton , koe, gushue, epping, jacobs too

i doubt that john can better his chances at the podium no matter what he does - if he replaces someone that deserves to be at the trials i will attend and boo loudly - sadly im guessing this will be announced tommorrow - thou im hoping he replaces someone that is retiring for personal reasons - or he is

i predict karrick gets the call

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

04-25-13 02:56PM
Unregistered

my prediction? someone young enough for Martin to control, willing to follow his rules and schedule, but can still throw with the best of them. Much like Hebert, Kennedy and Morris were when he picked them up. Not likely that any of the big boys who already have a spot tied up will leave their teams so. . .
Bottcher -- Kevin is very familiar with him and he has a ton of experience at high end competitions being a world junior and university champion
Thomas -- same kind of experience as Bottcher but not quite as young
Virtue -- also experienced at world and Brier level competion with an incredible drive to succeed against all odds

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.89.62.122

04-25-13 03:53PM
Curl401 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curl401 Find more posts by Curl401 Add Curl401 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curl401
Swing Artist

quote:
If I were Pat Simmons, I'd start looking at houses back in Sask. John would b a perfect fit on that team. Koe would become the favourites at the trials.

Morris to Koe's Rink ..an upgrade

Mark Nichols to play third for Martin
His Hitting and Run Back talent is a waste at Lead with Stoughton

04-25-13 03:59PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Curl401

Morris to Koe's Rink ..an upgrade

Mark Nichols to play third for Martin
His Hitting and Run Back talent is a waste at Lead with Stoughton

Mark is not leaving Jeff. He's not the kind of guy to leave Jeff stranded like that

what a stupid suggestion to make

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

04-25-13 04:31PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlingmad

I think having a third who isnt from the same club has proven a hardship so I cant imagine Kevin bringing in someone from out of prov or even from another area. I think any young curler would be stupid not to accept a role on the team considering it will be very short-term and will end after the Olympics.

Very few of the top teams all play at the same club on a regular basis. They get their practice at spiels not by playing in a club league.

04-25-13 05:23PM
Unregistered

There is no chance Savill and Laing would ever play with Morris again. They don't get along anymore, and it's been that way for a long time.

When Morris was drinking in the Patch at the Brier this year he was heard saying he was leaving Martin to move to BC. This has been confirmed by a few people. He didn't mention any names or curling at all, just that he was moving. Whether this was a joke, drunken talk, or truth remains to be seen.

Ferbey and Martin definitely don't get along because Martin demoted Ferbey way back when. Although Nedohin and Ferbey played together for a long time, there isn't the same animosity between Kevin and Dave. Even before Morris left, Dave had said he was stepping back to let Heather make a run at the Olympics.

Richard Hart has said it doesn't make sense for him to play again. The time and physical commitment don't fit into his lifestyle at this moment.

In my opinion, I don't see anyone with a spot in the trials jumping ship. This eliminates Mark Nichols, which was really the only person of the five teams that would make any sense to leave. Him and his wife just moved to Manitoba, and I don't see them moving again. Yes I understand the residency rules, but if Mark burns this bridge with Jeff, he doesn't have a spot there again.

It kind of makes sense for Morris to join Epping. They recently kicked off Scott Howard, and I don't know how permanent his replacement is. The issue here is I don't see Epping playing third, and Bailey is too old to be effective as a front end player for the trials.

I can see him joining Cotter, everybody drops down one, and Rick is now the 5th.

As always, ML's posts are ridiculous.

There is a good article written by Don Landry that gives the insight of Kennedy and includes some behind the scenes information, including asking Nedohin.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.187.103.209

04-25-13 05:47PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Morris marches to his own beat...he has one Olympic gold. Who's to say he won't join any team & go and build his own team to emerge a contender for 2018? He will be the right age and after this Olympic run, there could be a few free agents around.

For all we know he might be wanting a break from the grind and skip the 15 hour flight to Sochi with its dubious food, facilities & security.

04-25-13 06:20PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
T

There is a good article written by Don Landry that gives the insight of Kennedy and includes some behind the scenes information, including asking Nedohin.

Hope this link works http://t.co/kehQ2BKwVh
IF not go to yahoo sports or search Don Landry.

04-25-13 06:37PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

wow just read it on CBC sports.....

it doesn't come as a complete surprise to me to see Johnny Mo depart from the martin rink, I had seen Kevin get interviewed by the Sports net folks he looked relaxed enough giving his opinions, BUT UNDER NEATH his cool composure I bet his wheels were already turning, no doubt he might of already been prepared for this to come about, now the question is ? HOW LONG WILL JOHN MORRIS be in the side lines before he packs his shoes and brush to move on? SOONER OR LATER, before the curling trials begin, or later . Whatever develops the announced" shakeup" doesn't come without some kind of "fallout' remembering the past ladies split when Cathy "O" was let go from her team....this is different no doubt perhaps the "chemistry" is gone with the Martin rink, and juggling the lineup can do amazing things.... less we know the better.

04-25-13 06:59PM
Unregistered

quote:
There is no chance Savill and Laing would ever play with Morris again. They don't get along anymore, and it's been that way for a long time.

When Morris was drinking in the Patch at the Brier this year he was heard saying he was leaving Martin to move to BC. This has been confirmed by a few people. He didn't mention any names or curling at all, just that he was moving. Whether this was a joke, drunken talk, or truth remains to be seen.

Ferbey and Martin definitely don't get along because Martin demoted Ferbey way back when. Although Nedohin and Ferbey played together for a long time, there isn't the same animosity between Kevin and Dave. Even before Morris left, Dave had said he was stepping back to let Heather make a run at the Olympics.

Richard Hart has said it doesn't make sense for him to play again. The time and physical commitment don't fit into his lifestyle at this moment.

In my opinion, I don't see anyone with a spot in the trials jumping ship. This eliminates Mark Nichols, which was really the only person of the five teams that would make any sense to leave. Him and his wife just moved to Manitoba, and I don't see them moving again. Yes I understand the residency rules, but if Mark burns this bridge with Jeff, he doesn't have a spot there again.

It kind of makes sense for Morris to join Epping. They recently kicked off Scott Howard, and I don't know how permanent his replacement is. The issue here is I don't see Epping playing third, and Bailey is too old to be effective as a front end player for the trials.

I can see him joining Cotter, everybody drops down one, and Rick is now the 5th.

As always, ML's posts are ridiculous.

If Morris really is moving to BC and lets say he does end up joining Jim cotter...does anyone see any of the other teams being able to compete with that potential line up? ..I do have to wonder though who Jim would move to 5th Tyrel or Rick? Rick has a really good draw game so I would guess Tyrel

04-25-13 07:56PM
Unregistered

Suprised no one is expecting Morris to join up with Gushue just for the 1 season, possibly take over skipping and move Brad and Gallant down a spot.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 76.75.103.16

04-25-13 08:03PM
Unregistered

My speculation, Martin moves Kennedy to third and picks up Scott Pfiefer to play second. He's still competative and in shape. Morris joins Epping as skip, with everyone else moving down one. I think Bailey's got another quality season at front end in him if it's for the Olympics.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 74.14.155.205

04-25-13 08:29PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

Morris focuses all of his energy into preparing for a run at the Mixed Doubles birth in 2018.

04-25-13 08:36PM
iCurl

quote:
Suprised no one is expecting Morris to join up with Gushue just for the 1 season, possibly take over skipping and move Brad and Gallant down a spot.

I'm guessing Gushue has heard more than he ever wanted to of how the only reason they won their Olympic Gold was because Howard was virtual skip. If he gets a second chance he'll probably make sure he's the acknowledged leader. Wouldn't happen with Morris on the rink. He's still relatively young and if he can stay with the same players for a few years might get that chance.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.161.69.30

04-25-13 08:36PM
Nelsosi

How quickly can Tom Brewster get his Canadian residency?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 68.54.25.191

04-25-13 08:46PM
Unregistered

You know..I have heard more than once about other curlers not particularly liking the martin rink. It is well known that Nedohin and Ferbey dont like them and apparently Savill and Laing dont either . Koe overlooked Morris completely when selecting thirds in the all star skins game ..not sure if that was something personal or not

It just doesnt seem to me like they are very well liked..maybe I am just seeing things wrong

04-25-13 09:03PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

A berth into the trials finals has a funny way of making people suddenly like 3 other players

04-25-13 09:24PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Nelsosi
How quickly can Tom Brewster get his Canadian residency?

Please Mr. Harper fast track his application!