Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

Curling Scores

Click Event to Show Scoreboard
M: Medicine Hat Charity Classic
M: Challenge de Curling de Gatineau (Arena)
W: Medicine Hat Charity Classic
W: Canad Inns Women's Classic
M: Curling Masters Champery
W: Paf Masters Tour
W: China Open
M: China Open
M: Challenge de Curling de Gatineau Open
W: OVCA Junior Superspiel Womens Qualifier
M: OVCA Junior Superspiel Mens Qualifier
M: Heather MJCT Bonspiel
W: Heather MJCT Bonspiel
W: Brampton U21 Junior Womens Cashspiel
M: Brampton U21 Junior Mens Cashspiel
M: Heather MJCT U15 Bonspiel
M: Balmoral Harvest Junior Mens Classic
: Balmoral Harvest Junior Womens Classic
W: Rick Cotter Memorial Junior Womens Classic
M: Rick Cotter Memorial Junior Mens Classic
W: Lady Monctonian Invitational Spiel
M: WCT Austrian Mixed Doubles Cup
W: Stirling Wheelchair Curling International
M: EJCT Oslo Junior Men
W: EJCT Oslo Junior Women
Central European Time (CET)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Mixed Doubles TV Schedule Jan 2-7 - Portage - Full Event Gang - Televised

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 4 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-01-18 10:27AM
Lovemycurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovemycurling Click here to Send Lovemycurling a Private Message Find more posts by Lovemycurling Add Lovemycurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

Mixed Doubles TV Schedule Jan 2-7 - Portage - Full Event Gang - Televised & streaming

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/w...rling/broadcast

Sorry I posted this with tv/streaming at first and then tried to change the date and forgot to put back the streaming. It appears CBC is streaming it. I don't know if there is an app or a fee. I was trying to check it out but just got back here now. I was on the phone for over an hour with Shaw Direct trying to get back my proper settings on my TV because all had been changed to HD and I couldn't find my channels. I was not advised so if you have issues tomorrow or whenever, check your HD stations because yours could have been changed also.

Also I notice CBC is getting into this Olympic thing with curling. Lots more info on their site

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/curling

Even Commercials gearing more to it.

Finally we are getting this out there and on the map. Go teams. Can't wait. Thanks Jeff Stoughton for getting into the Mixed so we can enjoy more curling events.

Happy New Year and happy curling to all our curlers. Go get them.

Last edited by Lovemycurling on 01-01-18 at 11:05PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-01-18 03:18PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

looks like tues - to friday on computer

google

cbc sports streaming

its about 4th down - ignore ads
note that game 1 is on the right , while game 3 appears first

shows 3 screens ready to go

fri sat and sun on tv

Last edited by fresca on 01-01-18 at 04:02PM

01-02-18 09:32AM
Lovemycurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovemycurling Click here to Send Lovemycurling a Private Message Find more posts by Lovemycurling Add Lovemycurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

Here is the link right now

CBC is streaming it. Sign up for a free account if you don't get it where you or on their site but there is a link for the game

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/w...-live-1.4460005

Jeff Stoughton is one of the commentators so we will learn as we watch.

Thanks all

01-02-18 09:50AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Probably deserves its own thread but here's my predictions for the FINAL 4 and eventual Olympic Doubles reps but I didn't want any of our constant bitchers to have one more thing to complain about:

Laura Crocker & Geoff Walker
Kaitlyn & Johnny Mo
Joss Peterman & Brett Gallant
Sweeting & Gushue

I'll put an asterisk on JJ & Mark Nichols - Nichols head might explode once he's fully immersed in JJ's vascillations. JJ doesn't have a front end of professional agreers in this event so its all on Mark to diagnose situations.

Obviously the event is missing its 3 most athletic and tuned up women players in Homan, Miskew & Courtney due to obvious reasons.

JJ has the big resume but I don't think she's got the ability to assimilate with a new player like Mark Nichols cuz Laing is off to Korea w/ Koe. JJ's fitness in brushing also a huge ? but Nichols might make enough big shots to get them to the stretch run.

Crocker & Walker presents what I think is the most balanced team in the event. Crocker has proven out to NOT be an elite 3rd as many predicted but she's very consistent and combined with Walker's tenacity & ability might be enough to carry them into the final 4.

Sweeting & Gushue should be the odds-on favourites but they're not (immo). Like Jones I question Val's fitness even though she's almost 15 years younger than Jones. Gushue has to watch his ailing back so I don't see him going full out either. 2 Great shot-smiths, one obviously far more consistent than the other. If Brad's wisdom rubs off on Val then this could mean an Olympic berth for this dynamic duo.

Kaitlyn & Johnny Mo are the 2 most talented players at this event - but will John's ego get in their way. John is too much ego - Kaitlyn could be criticized for too little. But they're both fit and dynamic players. Hard to envisage them checking out before the playoff round.

Jones & Nichols is the mystery meat. Lots of folks will concede them a playoff spot. I won't. They'll be up 'n downers during the week.

Joss Peterman & Gallant might be the biggest threat to either Crocker/Walker or Gushue/Sweeting. Peterman has all the tools of a skip or 3rd even though she plays front end for Carey. Gallant is the same - another front-ender with incredible abilities on the tee.

Don't like The McEwens or Birchard/Gunnlaugson.

Last edited by Manitoba Legend on 01-02-18 at 10:04AM

01-02-18 10:14AM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

kind of a run away - wish they could cover other sheets

coverage / picture is excellent

01-02-18 11:34AM
darkwing01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darkwing01 Click here to Send darkwing01 a Private Message Find more posts by darkwing01 Add darkwing01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darkwing01
Harvey Hacksmasher

P,eterman and Gallant won the Canadian title a little while back and are the top seed going in, so yes they may be a theath, Gushue thinks his front end boys have a great shot

01-02-18 03:46PM
HerCurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HerCurl Click here to Send HerCurl a Private Message Find more posts by HerCurl Add HerCurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HerCurl
Harvey Hacksmasher

Mixed Doubles

Teams with 1 or 2 skips are at a serious disadvantage in MD. Front-ender gym rats will prevail in this format. Advantage: Gallant/Peterman!

01-02-18 05:29PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Re: Mixed Doubles

quote:
Originally posted by HerCurl
Teams with 1 or 2 skips are at a serious disadvantage in MD. Front-ender gym rats will prevail in this format. Advantage: Gallant/Peterman!

Excellent observation - skips are by nature poor brushers with little to no stamina to brush their own or their partner's rocks.
Jones has a good brush in Nichols but he's not quite in the same league as Laing (brush-wise).
The game of MD is a game of making a lot of basic shots, repeat and rinse. BASIC SHOTS - the lifeblood of players like Joss, Jilly Officer, B Gallant, Walker, etc. Even Crocker (who's not a nuanced 3rd as I'd hoped) is pretty good at basic, same with her partner Geoff Walker.
Still tantalized by the Gushue/Sweeting duo for some unknown reason!

01-02-18 05:40PM
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

Live streaming of the Mixed Doubles

Though I appreciate the efforts to do it, this whole day live streaming and tying up my computer is not working.

Why can't these TV stations just find a common channel and just use the TV for the programs. Not everyone has a laptop or a cellphone tied to their hip. My cell is a medical cell and I don't put apps on it.

Other than that, Interesting curling but sure wish we could get more updates from others that are also curling at the same time. Especially from Manitoba seeing the event is here.

Sorry, but after it stopping so many times on the computer I stopped watching for a while. I may be retired but I am not an unbusy person. I am busier now than ever on here

01-02-18 07:20PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

I appreciate the effort CBC, but if you're going to cover a major event like this you should send competent broadcasters. I don't know who this Matt guy is, but he sounds like he just got off the bus from covering a fun spiel in Kindersley or Flin Flon. And put Joan McCusker with him and she becomes five times as unbearable as she normally is.

01-02-18 10:03PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Wanting to avoid at all cost any teams already picked by the "trained observer", most of whom are well established favorites, I believe the two final teams playing off to represent Canada will be Carey/Hodgson and Officer/Carruthers.

01-03-18 07:57AM
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

Lack of crowd at event

quote:
Originally posted by CurlingZoneStats
I cannot believe the lack of ANY fans in the stands. Canadians know better than anyone this isn't curling but a manufactured exhibition by the WCF to justify curling centers at the Olympics.

On the interviews yesterday the curlers were talking that they were happy to see the number of fans showing up and it was increasing each game and they expected to be full by the weekend doesn't sound like no one attended. Had the weather been accommodating, I would have loved to have gone but I would venture to say that -37 windchill does not entice people to go out and sit at games all day and come out to a frozen up car.

01-03-18 08:59AM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

also, we just got over a very busy tie of the year. Many people probably used their holidays and during the week, some people do have to work.

01-03-18 09:27AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

there are about 25 more draws so cbc is trying to show everyone at least once

kudos to them

and that Matt is a breath of fresh air as a commentator

stats seem to be mystic - but im guessing there might not be 2000 people around the world watching .. the streaming is surprisingly excellent and simple. .. once you realize that the site stacks 6 games and you have to select by date and time ..

my wife has watched most draws

01-03-18 09:38AM
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

Again the same teams and no Manitoba being seen

Let's get some variety here CBC. I am tired of watching teams I don't know and no Manitoba teams. This morning AGAIN we miss McEwens and Carruthers and Officer. A game we want to see. That is super game challenge. Let's see some MANITOBA teams instead of couples arguing all the time. sheesh. I am sure we would get more crowds out if we could see some of the Manitoba curlers and see that they do exist in these tournaments.

01-03-18 11:31AM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
there are about 25 more draws so cbc is trying to show everyone at least once

kudos to them

They aren't trying to show everybody once. They have one main camera which is pointed at one sheet. Whichever teams are scheduled to be on that sheet get shown.

You have got to be kidding. Matt is terrible.

01-03-18 12:02PM
CurlingZoneStats is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingZoneStats Click here to Send CurlingZoneStats a Private Message Find more posts by CurlingZoneStats Add CurlingZoneStats to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingZoneStats
Administrator

A little math. After 8 draws I don't recall one Manitoban curler being profiled and yet 20% of participants are from Manitoba. I must be from MB.

01-03-18 01:18PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
t

s

Matt couldn't even describe the correct procedure for a touched running stone. Then again Epping should have also known the rule.
Have to agree with the poor choices for tv. TuckTuck today looked like we were in the middle of a family squabble.

01-03-18 04:25PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Click here to Send guido a Private Message Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by user
A little math. After 8 draws I don't recall one Manitoban curler being profiled and yet 20% of participants are from Manitoba. I must be from MB.
i
Gunner and Birchard have been on twice after today’s match with the policeman.

01-03-18 04:28PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Click here to Send guido a Private Message Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by decade

TuckTuck today looked like we were in the middle of a family squabble.

Have to agree, .

Last edited by guido on 01-03-18 at 05:25PM

01-03-18 05:09PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

lucky i vowed to hold back this year .... new years resolution not to talk to obnoxious people ..

everyone is allowed an opinion

favorable ones can be anonymous - but if you feel the need to be a jerk and criticize you really should sign your posts ...

01-04-18 08:02AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

well that crocker walker 4 ender was a hoot ..

next they will announce Ford is giving a new F150 for an 8 ender and there will never be another takeout .. if you werent born with a horseshoe , better not take up curling - thou as usual the cream is rising to the top..

the cbc coverage is spectacular - the streaming onto an old ipad, an iphone or my 32 in monitor appears flawless - our tv was on in the background without sound , and my 55 year old son will cancel his cable if he can watch the Jets games on streaming ... watch out cable - netflicks already has more subscribers - reruns of big bang and 20 -50 year old content will be your deathbed

quite the cold walker has - sniff sniff -- such a nice young man , very easy to cheer for

my wife likes the tucks - she says they are as happy as any couple she knows ..

nice to see all the top 30 players becoming best friends and lovers. - its like a big curling hutterite colony ...

talk about total coverage 8 am - midnight

Last edited by fresca on 01-04-18 at 09:13AM

01-04-18 09:26AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

ive hacked the streaming and am watching jonses v gallant on the next sheet

01-04-18 10:37AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

emily desjardin makes shot of the week to tap tuck rock behind 15 guards to take 2

01-04-18 01:50PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

is it top 4 from each pool or most wins - possibly 5 from A and 3 from B