Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 16 of 37 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-17-13 03:20PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Maybe we can switch over to Saskatchewan and New Brunswick. The scotties rookies are looking on track to go 3-0 here.

I knew they had to be good to squash Holland like they did in the semis in Saskatchewan and then take down Stefanie but they havent even had a close game so far.

I really want to see them and see whats going on

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

02-17-13 03:38PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
As the game goes on the yukon is going to be more and more panicked about getting on the board. They are going to continue to take risks to try and get back in it

Given that manitoba/ newfoundland is a blowout as predicted as well then I would think they'll switch to Canada/PEI

Can you please at least show them some respect and call them NT?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-17-13 03:51PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Can you please at least show them some respect and call them NT?

I dont mean to come off disrespectful, it is just easier for me to write the Yukon instead of North West Territories or both.

But from now on I will if its coming off disrespectful

02-17-13 04:38PM
Unregistered

Jones vs Homan? Don't matter?

What are u talking about. This will be both teams 5th game & everything should still be up in the air. So please lay off with your so-called expertise cuz it seems u are quick to jump the gun.

These are 2 powerhouse teams & to schedule them for a morning draw is ridiculous especially Homan being from Ottawa, ON, that game in the evening would of been a sell-out & highly watched TV wise.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 205.189.94.11

02-17-13 04:45PM
Unregistered

quote:

I dont mean to come off disrespectful, it is just easier for me to write the Yukon instead of North West Territories or both.

But from now on I will if its coming off disrespectful

Do what most others do. Abbreviate! You did it with PEI so....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.224.222.211

02-17-13 05:08PM
Unregistered

Re: THE PLAYOFFS ... THE CHAMPION!

quote:
R Homan (ont)
J Jones (mb)
H. Nedohwin (tc)
J Shumay (sk)

Must say my pks for the playoffs are lookin real good!!!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.85.186.225

02-17-13 05:12PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Jones vs Homan?

quote:

That game most likely wont mean much, both will have qualified for the playoffs bye then. The 1vs2 and the final are both in the evening, so ...

Not sure where you are all getting info. JJ - Homan on Thur and pages do not start until Saturday. Format of game times changed this year.

02-17-13 05:22PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: Jones vs Homan?

quote:
Not sure where you are all getting info. JJ - Homan on Thur and pages do not start until Saturday. Format of game times changed this year.

Please show some respect, the day's name is Thursday and the skip's name is Jennifer Jones.

Last edited by Guest on 02-17-13 at 05:24PM

02-17-13 05:22PM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Re: Jones vs Homan?

quote:

They are not completely stupid in Ontario. They would not have known that The Queen was going to represent MB so they slotted ON vs CA on Friday evening, likely the biggest crowd of the week.

02-17-13 05:38PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jones vs Homan?

quote:
Originally posted by Guest

Please show some respect, the day's name is Thursday and the skip's name is Jennifer Jones.

Someone missed the pt. Abbrevs are just fine. Except Galusha comes from NT not YK.
Even though the official team is NT/YK (except when a team is from YK which changes the name to YK/NT), can't we make sure that we acknowledge which territ. the team actually reps.

02-17-13 05:42PM
Unregistered

didnt YK not even send a mens or womens team to the provincials this year? Thought I read that somewhere.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.54.79.167

02-17-13 05:45PM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by doubletakeout
too late, greenroad! TSN's planning to show BC-NS tonight.

When TSN made up the schedule BC-NS looked good. Maybe it still is. NS played better against CA than QC.

02-17-13 05:50PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
as she had no business dropping the opener to Annie Ross

Her name is Allisson Ross not Annie

02-17-13 06:52PM
Unregistered

Re: The Kingston Killer on the Loose

quote:
Looks like there's a killer running loose in Kingston and her name is Rachel Homan.

This lady is running amok, she's seriously smoking some decent talent and appears to be an unstoppable monster in her quest for her first Scotties championship.

First, she gasses all comers and grabs a 2 yr Ford Fusion hybrid lease.

Now, she machines off her first 3 comers.

Even though Jennifer Jones ran up high scores vs. her opponents to also go 3-0 I can see what might separate Jones from Homan.

Homan is a killer. Jones plays the scoreboard and sometimes leaves herself open for a whipped opponent rising off the canvas. Jones should have squashed Little Miss Kelly in the sixth end but couldn't position her rocks to do it. The game carried on, Jones won but mostly cuz Scott turned into a more miserable shot-misser than even the queen of BC mean, Marla Mallett.

I'd like to revise my predictions a tad. Homan will sail thru the round-robin either 11-0 or 10-1. The only teams remotely capable of stopping her are Nedohin and JJ. And both Nedohin and JJ aren't strong enough to win all their other games so Homan still gets the 1 position in the 1-2 page setup.

Slight talent difference between Homan and Team Canada & Team Manitoba. All front ends about equal. Manitoba girls are no longer the best judges of weight, may still be the physically strongest.

For Homan to drop a game in the RR, Jones & Nedohin will need their thirds to blitz Emma Miskew and hope their skips can go toe to toe with an absolute monster, Rachel Homan.

Nedohin will need a couple of those famous Heather-Flukes while Jones will need full game from all her players and then some!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.85.186.225

02-17-13 06:54PM
Unregistered

Re: The Kingston Killer on the Loose

quote:
Looks like there's a killer running loose in Kingston and her name is Rachel Homan.

This lady is running amok, she's seriously smoking some decent talent and appears to be an unstoppable monster in her quest for her first Scotties championship.

First, she gasses all comers and grabs a 2 yr Ford Fusion hybrid lease.

Now, she machines off her first 3 comers.

Even though Jennifer Jones ran up high scores vs. her opponents to also go 3-0 I can see what might separate Jones from Homan.

Homan is a killer. Jones plays the scoreboard and sometimes leaves herself open for a whipped opponent rising off the canvas. Jones should have squashed Little Miss Kelly in the sixth end but couldn't position her rocks to do it. The game carried on, Jones won but mostly cuz Scott turned into a more miserable shot-misser than even the queen of BC mean, Marla Mallett.

I'd like to revise my predictions a tad. Homan will sail thru the round-robin either 11-0 or 10-1. The only teams remotely capable of stopping her are Nedohin and JJ. And both Nedohin and JJ aren't strong enough to win all their other games so Homan still gets the 1 position in the 1-2 page setup.

Slight talent difference between Homan and Team Canada & Team Manitoba. All front ends about equal. Manitoba girls are no longer the best judges of weight, may still be the physically strongest.

For Homan to drop a game in the RR, Jones & Nedohin will need their thirds to blitz Emma Miskew and hope their skips can go toe to toe with an absolute monster, Rachel Homan.

Nedohin will need a couple of those famous Heather-Flukes while Jones will need full game from all her players and then some!!!

well at least now Beth seems to be rounding into thes ame form she had last year. she was in the 90's percentage wise in her last 2 games , if she continues to curl that way then heather will definately be able to hang with and beat homan and jones. She might even be able to defend the title..again thats if beth can keep up her level from these last 2 games.

02-17-13 07:12PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Interesting in tonights promo Mary-Anne Arsenault claimed in the beginning of the curling season she was worried and concerned if she was putting the broom in the right spot and making correct decisions to Colleens satisfaction.

Well going by last nights game agaisnt Quebec it seemed like Mary-Anne is still intimidated by Colleen almost paralyzed and meek and letting Colleen boss her around.

I just dont think this set up works.. Colleen should be skipping and Mary Anne should be throwing 2nd stones

02-17-13 07:57PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Guest
If they got smart they would have 5 sheets and no morning draws and 8 ends games.

Just found out that The Roar will have no morning draws for the first four days... due to poor attendance was what I was told. In wpg - so tvTimes are not bad on either coast. In early Dec... and now, back to The Scotties.

02-17-13 08:04PM
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Although Kelly Scott did not make that double with her last shot in the 3rd end i thought she whipped it down there pretty good her reputation for having at most "backline" weight is very undeserved

02-17-13 08:41PM
Unregistered

quote:
I think if Nova Scotia allows BC to bury them tonite - wouldn't be surprised if Colleen made a switch and put herself back at skip.

A poster suggested a hour ago because Colleen is so bossy she should have been skipping from the beginning you disagree and now that you are watching Nova Scotia getting waxed you turtle and reverse your opinion

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.250.205.64

02-17-13 08:55PM
Unregistered

I hate this..i wanted so much to see colleen make the scotties but i didnt want to see this

02-17-13 08:56PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

Its tough to watch NS struggle this much.
Mary-Anne just hasn't had draw weight from the first end on.

02-17-13 09:00PM
Unregistered

Please TSN. Go to the PEI vs NewFoundland and Labrador game now. That's more then enough seeing the Pride of Nova Scotia get another black eye.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.159.24

02-17-13 09:35PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
didnt YK not even send a mens or womens team to the provincials this year? Thought I read that somewhere.

That is correct. Galusha competed against 2 other teams in the NT playdowns and Koe played against 4 other teams.

02-17-13 10:12PM
Unregistered

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

TSN is also getting some bad press about their coverage.

if what you are saying is true you should very easily be able to post some links from media sources criticizing TSNs curling coverage. Otherwise it is just your opinion

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.250.205.64

02-17-13 10:26PM
Unregistered

TSN

I am really enjoying the coverage considering the other alternatives the past 20 years (on TSN., CBC and Sportsnet)!. I think t Linda, Russ and Vic are finding their groove. They actually seem to be equals and enjoy each others company and sense of humour! Kathy and Brian are also doing a great job. We are so fortunate as Canadians to watch our amateur sport National Championship on prime time, National coverage!!!
I'm lot loving the outcomes so far but really do appreciate the coverage!!
NS Fan

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.176.99.48