Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 10 of 37 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-27-13 08:39PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I'm sorry... But Lawton just isn't that good. She's typically shaky out of the hack and chronically sliding tight. I watched all 3 finals and she no way deserved to win any of them. If you can't make clutch shots...don't deserve to be there.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.224.222.211

01-27-13 08:40PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Stef might be better off trying to steal!

Too late...another missed Scottie's for Stef.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-27-13 08:41PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Field nearly complete

so the field is all but set at the scotties:

Alberta - Kristie Moore
British Columbia - Kelly Scott
Saskatchewan - Jill Shumay
Manitoba- Jenniffer Jones
Ontario - Rachel Homan
Quebec - Alison Ross
Yukon - Kerry Galusha
Nova Scotia - Mary anne Arsenault
New Foundland - Stacie Devereaux
Prince Edward Ilsand - Suzanne Birt
Canada - Heather Nedohin
New Brunswick - TBD

Its an interesting field. a great mix of experience and first timers. Its looking like a 3 horse race between Ontario, Manitoba and British Columbia. If heather can regain the form she had last year she'll be in the mix. Call me crazy but i think that in this field arsenault can actually make the playoffs.

prediction on final 4:

ontario
british columbia
manitoba
nova scotia/canada

predicted final:

ontario/manitoba

predicted winner:

manitoba (unfortunately). really, REALLY do not want them too but i have a feeling they will

question for me is how ill a complete unknown in jill shumay hold up? it didnt work out to well for scott manners last year. on the other hand she knocked off holland and lawton back to back so there has to be some talent there.

quebec and new foundland are 2 very young teams. deveraux will look to improve on her first appearance but i dont think she'll factor. the quebec front end has a ton of national experience at junior level and its nice to see more youngsters get through but i dont know how they will fare here.

Last edited by misty1 on 01-27-13 at 08:44PM

01-27-13 08:42PM
Unregistered

I don't know how jones is allowed to curl for Man. She lives in Ontario and works in Quebec. Got some documents stretched out I suspect (or sketched out). Probably has it that she lives with her parents and her employer may also have an office in Winnipeg. Love how the big names can slide through the rules.

01-27-13 08:46PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I don't know how jones is allowed to curl for Man. She lives in Ontario and works in Quebec. Got some documents stretched out I suspect (or sketched out). Probably has it that she lives with her parents and her employer may also have an office in Winnipeg. Love how the big names can slide through the rules.

It doesn't matter what province she curls in, she'd win anywhere.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.76.4.18

01-27-13 08:49PM
kyoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyoh Click here to Send kyoh a Private Message Find more posts by kyoh Add kyoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyoh
Hitting Paint

Lol anything to discredit Jones. Pathetic.

Jones/Homan final would be amazing.

01-27-13 08:49PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

It doesn't matter what province she curls in, she'd win anywhere.

really dont think you can say she's for sure get out of ontario, BC or saskatchewan. Alot of good teams in both provinces that could stand in her way

01-27-13 08:50PM
Unregistered

Not Ontario. Homan will win Scottie's in Kingston with 10-1 RR record and winning page 1-2 and final. Most games will be won by 4-6 points.

01-27-13 08:53PM
Unregistered

quote:
I'm sorry... But Lawton just isn't that good. She's typically shaky out of the hack and chronically sliding tight. I watched all 3 finals and she no way deserved to win any of them. If you can't make clutch shots...don't deserve to be there.

Exactly!

She plays a boring style by hitting everything in site. I dont understand why so many on here want her to win something, she never proven she can.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.85.186.225

01-27-13 08:54PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by misty1

really dont think you can say she's for sure get out of ontario, BC or saskatchewan. Alot of good teams in both provinces that could stand in her way

There are no such things as "for sure", however she would be a favorite in any province. They are just that good.

01-27-13 08:56PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by misty1

There are no such things as "for sure", however she would be a favorite in any province. They are just that good.

again i dont think so. If your a blind, diehard fan then sure. But its not like she's leagues above everyone else. In manitoba she is but thats not the case in the 3 provinces i named. I'd definately favor kelly scott to get out of BC over her if thats where she competed. i might favor holland over her in saskatchewan and rachel seems unplayable in ontario.

also throw alberta into that list of provinces you cant really call a definiative favorite for.

01-27-13 08:56PM
Unregistered

quote:

Haha

Is that you UYK?

01-27-13 08:59PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:

Rediculous. You win the Canada Cup, you're good. They've played bad in some important games, but they're a really good team. They'll still be one of the favourites at the trials. Right now I'd only be more confident about Jones and Homan.

01-27-13 09:00PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I wonder who JJ will pick as fifth player.

I don't think they have an association with Jennifer Clarke-Rouire and Jan Arnott is well into her 50s, will be the coach.

Perhaps give Chelsea Carey a taste of a national championship?

Killgallen had a nice front end player, too!

why dont they have an association with jenniffer? i would think it would be her or jan. Dont use that 50+ thing as an excuse when you have coc jones who's 2 years older and into the scotties.

01-27-13 09:04PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

again i dont think so. If your a blind, diehard fan then sure. But its not like she's leagues above everyone else. In manitoba she is but thats not the case in the 3 provinces i named. I'd definately favor kelly scott to get out of BC over her if thats where she competed. i might favor holland over her in saskatchewan and rachel seems unplayable in ontario.

also throw alberta into that list of provinces you cant really call a definiative favorite for.

I am a fan of curling, not a diehard JJ fan. Unlike you, I am able to give credit where it is due. Manitoba is just as hard to get out of as BC, Sask., Alberta and Ontario. JJ would be definitely be a favorite in any province in the country. They are just that good.

01-27-13 09:11PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:

Honestly, you sound like a blind, diehard hater. Homan is the only Canadian team you might consider a favourite over Jones. I'm just going by how often they win games, which is the only objective way to judge curling teams. Neither team is leagues above everyone else. They can and probably will lose games at the Scotties, but they are better.

01-27-13 09:17PM
Unregistered

quote:

I live in BC and your statement is a joke! Our province is the one of the weakest in the country, its Scott that would struggle anywhere but NWT,NFLD and PEI.

Its amazing how provincial bias or jealously affects a pesons judgement

01-27-13 09:19PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

However your feelings on the team, you can't argue with the results. That's 9 consecutive STOH appearances for Team Jennifer Jones (as either MB or CAN), making the playoffs every single year, and the team has finished atop the CTRS rankings 5 out of the last 6 seasons. This is the most consistently strong team in the country, season after season. It would be a big surprise not to see them fighting during playoffs weekend!

That being said, there are some very strong teams that could represent Canada very well. Homan could get on a roll like she did in the Ontario STOH. Scott and Nedohin are very good teams, and maybe Arsenault can revive the magic from a decade ago!

Did anyone watch the NS STOH? Would love to get some insight into how Arsenault's team is playing. I've just seen them on a live stream from their time in Switzerland a few weeks back.

01-27-13 09:20PM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

quote:

I live in BC and your statement is a joke! Our province is the one of the weakest in the country, its Scott that would struggle anywhere but NWT,NFLD and PEI.

Its amazing how provincial bias or jealously affects a pesons judgement

well said!

01-27-13 09:21PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Has to be considered one of the weakest fields in a few years because of the presence of the newbies. Should be a cakewalk for JJ, KS, RH and HN to get to the final 4.

01-27-13 09:33PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Has to be considered one of the weakest fields in a few years because of the presence of the newbies. Should be a cakewalk for JJ, KS, RH and HN to get to the final 4.

Not a strong field but there will be a couple of nice surprises i believe.

01-27-13 09:34PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Dackle

well said!

if well said = sour grapes,, then i agree. where did kelly scott finish the round robin at the scotties last year?

that's right,,, second place. and without jeanna at vice.

kelly will be a force in Kingston

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.141.149.163

01-27-13 09:52PM
Unregistered

quote:

I am a fan of curling, not a diehard JJ fan. Unlike you, I am able to give credit where it is due. Manitoba is just as hard to get out of as BC, Sask., Alberta and Ontario. JJ would be definitely be a favorite in any province in the country. They are just that good.

its definately harder to get out of ontario, alberta and saskatchewan than manitoba. more higher level teams from all 3 provinces than manitoba for sure. BC , sure not so much but kelly alone is a wall.

she's not good enough to be lead favorite everywhere. co-favorte maybe

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

01-27-13 09:53PM
Unregistered

Heather Nedohin - 6-5 at best... I think more likely 5-6 or 4-7. Flash in the pan. Canada cup and continental cup are previews of this.

01-27-13 10:02PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by peteski

Honestly, you sound like a blind, diehard hater. Homan is the only Canadian team you might consider a favourite over Jones. I'm just going by how often they win games, which is the only objective way to judge curling teams. Neither team is leagues above everyone else. They can and probably will lose games at the Scotties, but they are better.

i would also favor lawton over her and maybe scott. these are teams that have done very well against her before' in particular lawton.

i just think its a going a little over to say she'd be the favorite to win every province you stick her in. A favorite sure but there's a difference in those 2 things

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19