Click Event to Show Scoreboard
M: Pyeongchang Winter Games - Men
W: Pyeongchang Winter Games - Women
M: Amsterdam Inn & Suites Senior Championships
W: Amsterdam Inn & Suites Senior Championships
M: USA U18 Mens Championship
W: USA U18 Womens Championship
Central Time (CT)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Mens olympics

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 3 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-21-18 03:56PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Swing Artist

It should be noted that Koe has been playing consistently very well. In two loses the other skips pplayed well above their averages, including Shuster who opened with a four ender and then barely hung on to win. If Koe maintains their game, their odds are pretty good.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-21-18 04:25PM
FollowingAlong is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FollowingAlong Click here to Send FollowingAlong a Private Message Find more posts by FollowingAlong Add FollowingAlong to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FollowingAlong
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
It should be noted that Koe has been playing consistently very well. In two loses the other skips pplayed well above their averages, including Shuster who opened with a four ender and then barely hung on to win. If Koe maintains their game, their odds are pretty good.

Although I would generally agree with your comment regarding Koe and his team's play, I think there are shots in all the games that Team Koe has lost that first off, we don't expect him to miss and second, have contributed to the team losing the game, irrespective of how well the opposition curled.

The four ender that the Swiss scored in the first end was attributable to Hebert positioning his first two rocks poorly and then Koe throwing his last rock draw into the hack.

Koe has missed a number of slash doubles - almost all wide inturns and almost all narrow - that we are not used to him missing.

Even the USA game was more of a give away by Team Koe than being attributable to opposition good play. Don't misconstrue my comment - The USA team played very well, but if Canada doesn't mess up two or three shots in that game, the outcome is completely different.

If Koe is not at his normally outstanding best, and if the USA team plays like they did in the round robin game, I think the outcome will be undecided far later in the game than I will feel comfortable with...

I think if you sat down with Kevin over a beer and had a chat with him, he would make those same comments.

02-21-18 05:52PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Click here to Send Nine Ender a Private Message Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by AlanMacNeill
You're making a couple of big assumptions there.

1. That Sweden gets past the tiebreak winner. Likely, but not guaranteed.

2. That Canada beats the US...there's already been one defeat there this Olympics, and Shuster's on a role...I fancy his chances.

I suspect given the playoff pressure and a chance to analyze how they lost to Shuster in the RR, they'll control possibly dominate the game next time out. I just don't see Shuster winning. Possible, yes, Likely, no. Koe is one of best clutch players in history.

It's a game though they are played for a reason. Congratulations to Team Shuster for being far, far better then most US champions and imprpving over several years.

02-21-18 08:08PM
nelski is online now Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Interesting head to head for Smith and deCruz. Almost even, but Smith came out ahead in recent Euros.
Precision by Swiss in 9th. Not sure if Smith had a different shot. WTG Hop Suisse. Good Luck.

Last edited by nelski on 02-21-18 at 09:40PM