Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 6 of 6 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
10-17-15 05:19PM
Be The Stone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Be The Stone Click here to Send Be The Stone a Private Message Find more posts by Be The Stone Add Be The Stone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Be The Stone
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Our Findings

quote:
Originally posted by VanillaIce
We are a relatively new HL customer. We heard aw things in the rumor mill last year about using one HL one standard broom or one newer HL and one that had some play on it. What I can tell you after some very specific testing is that without a doubt you can take a brand new HL head and back a rock up. We threw a normal weight TO multiple times without sweeping on a spot that had roughly 6" of curl. Then threw the exact same shot on the same line and swept hard out of the hand with a brand new HL... the rock backed up (fell) 10 to 12 inches. This was a consistent result in every test we ran. But it had to be a new or relatively new HL head. It seems that once they are used a bit the effect goes away or is much smaller. The thing that is most problematic though is the fact that when it happened, it lasted for more than one shot on the same line.... a rock thrown in the same path of one that was swept and fell, also fell back with no sweeping. Eventually the path would normalize but only after 3 or 4 stones.

I have no doubt that the BP brooms, with an even more aggressive fabric, would have a greater and longer lasting effect.

I would suggest that you try the same tests for yourself as I really didn't believe it myself until I actually saw it with my own eyes over and over again.

As an FYI our team is ready and willing to comply with whatever decision is made as we think it is in the best interest of the game.

I find it interesting that nobody has commented on this. New IcePad covers cost $19. Worthy of a test at many clubs. Can we see a video to be uploaded to YouTube? I hear people today have this thing called "Smart Phones" that incredibly can capture video...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-18-15 12:34PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

New blog post from Mike Fournier:

http://inthehousecurling.blogspot.c...2.html?spref=tw

This is an opinion piece, and he is sponsored by Hardline (and readily admits that his opinion isn't unbiased). He also points fingers and makes accusations, but does claim to have evidence.

I think that he raises some valid points. Considering how serious this issue has become I think it's important we hear from all sides.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

10-18-15 12:46PM
shaqdaddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shaqdaddy Click here to Send shaqdaddy a Private Message Find more posts by shaqdaddy Add shaqdaddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shaqdaddy
Harvey Hacksmasher

Fournier is right, when you see it, call it--BULL****! Bravo.

10-18-15 01:02PM
JustAnotherHack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustAnotherHack Click here to Send JustAnotherHack a Private Message Find more posts by JustAnotherHack Add JustAnotherHack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JustAnotherHack
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Phil_D
New blog post from Mike Fournier:

http://inthehousecurling.blogspot.c...2.html?spref=tw

This is an opinion piece, and he is sponsored by Hardline (and readily admits that his opinion isn't unbiased). He also points fingers and makes accusations, but does claim to have evidence.

I think that he raises some valid points. Considering how serious this issue has become I think it's important we hear from all sides.

Mike is hitting all the points I ever wanted to bring up bang on the head.

The hypocrisy of the "22", and especially of Balance Plus and Team Howard is... well, it's definitely left a very bad taste in my mouth. You guys claim to be protecting the integrity of the game, but I sure as heck don't see that from the actions you're taking.

No way in hell I'm ever going to buy a Balance Plus product again. I probably shouldn't mention how arrogant and crappy their customer service is anyway... oops, I did mention that, didn't I?... but their actions here are reprehensible and unethical. I hope Hardline sues your sorry butt's off, and it sounds like they may have a really good case for it.

Another thing that also bothers me is how all this crap will impact curling at the non-competitive or semi-competitive and even juvenile and junior level. Curlers who have bought their Hardline brooms are now being told they can't use them are not necessarily going to buy another broom... they may just walk. The folks that fill the curling clubs and keep the coffers of Curling Canada full may decide to take a hike because of the idiocy of this whole issue.

And thanks Curling Canada and the WCF for disappearing down the rabbit hole and not taking some leadership on this issue. You've left it in the hands of Balance Plus and their dubious practices, and to the players... and it apparent that neither of those groups have the wherewithal or impartiality (or quite possibility the integrity) to deal with this issue properly. Shame on Curling Canada and WCF for making a messy situation worse.

10-18-15 05:10PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

New press release from Hardline:

http://hardlinecurlingnews.blogspot...to-players.html

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

10-31-15 03:42PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Gushue's New Cause

Safety while sweeping?

15 years ago, youth curlers were told to wear two grippers, for safety purposes. I guess complacence is not a good idea. No need for helmets if you wear two grippers. Is it embarrassing for the top elite to wear two grippers?

Terrible fall. Two grippers would have solved it though.

Arguments against two grippers would probably surpass arguments against the directional broom heads. At least in hockey they now wear helmets... don't they?

#gladHe'sOKay

10-31-15 06:13PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

Re: Gushue's New Cause

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
Safety while sweeping?

15 years ago, youth curlers were told to wear two grippers, for safety purposes. I guess complacence is not a good idea. No need for helmets if you wear two grippers. Is it embarrassing for the top elite to wear two grippers?

Terrible fall. Two grippers would have solved it though.

Arguments against two grippers would probably surpass arguments against the directional broom heads. At least in hockey they now wear helmets... don't they?

#gladHe'sOKay

You might as well say skips shouldn't skip and modify their broom. Ask Fowler about that 4 years ago when his broom gave on him and did a number to his shoulder.