Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2017 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 8 of 12 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-25-17 08:09AM
BMalc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BMalc Click here to Send BMalc a Private Message Find more posts by BMalc Add BMalc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BMalc
Harvey Hacksmasher

It seems like Manitoba is the team of "destiny" this year. Everything is going their way. Many people have talked about the calmness Michelle and Kate are showing, but I see and ear differently in their faces and viices calling line. Maybe it's just me.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-25-17 09:29AM
Stumpy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stumpy Click here to Send Stumpy a Private Message Find more posts by Stumpy Add Stumpy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stumpy
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
In addition to being one of the best curling games we've seen on TV in years I thought Vic, Russ & Cheryl brought their A-games to the broadcast and added layered much-needed insight to the video presentation!

JOB WELL DONE!

Also note that Chatty Cathy and Mudryk were pulled from this morning's final draw - and the regular crew saw it thru.

Don't know if it was planned that way or not - perhaps they were saving Cathy & Brian for a possible tie-breaker?

I'm shocked you're asking this. The top crew has done the final morning draw every year in both the Scotties and Brier since Mudryk got started. This is done in literally every single tournament every single year so of course it was planned.

02-25-17 09:30AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

Manitoba Legend is not Resby Coutts. I can 100% confirm that.

First of all, one would have to care. Getting the attention he is craving. Like really, who cares.

02-25-17 10:10AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

There is a story in the HeartChart about JJ - and retirement. I didn't read it - and I doubt she is considering it, even after the Olympic Cycle now that Michelle Englot has demonstrated what fit and fifty can do at the Scotties. Great role model.

02-25-17 10:20AM
Netz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Netz Click here to Send Netz a Private Message Find more posts by Netz Add Netz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Netz
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Stumpy

I'm shocked you're asking this. The top crew has done the final morning draw every year in both the Scotties and Brier since Mudryk got started. This is done in literally every single tournament every single year so of course it was planned.

Probably has something to do, also, with the fact there are only two draws that day and not three. Had there been tiebreakers would the A Team still have done the morning game ?

02-25-17 11:03AM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose

^ I agree.

Sadly, there are some people in life who never grow out of the juvenile insecurity of needing to bash others in order to feel 'superior' themselves.
These types attract (and deserve) each other.

Their prolonged (perpetual?) adolescence is such that, almost humorously, they actually believe they are being 'cool'.
Such persons don't possess the maturity to realize that, in bashing others, and in 'piling on', they are simply revealing themselves as very flawed individuals.

You are seriously writing a post like that and chastising others for being critical? I haven't read a sanctimonious post like that in....well forever. Chatrooms unfortunately have terms like "idiot", etc,. far too often. But I'm not sure I have ever read "very flawed individuals". Climb off your judgemental high horse and look at your own comments.

As for curling, which we are all fans of, kudos to MB. I didn't think it possible that they could beat Homan back-to-back. They'll probably need a three-peat to win the title, but regardless of what happens the MB team has earned my respect. They also turned around a pretty dull weak in terms of suspense. That was a truly exciting and entertaining game last night.

Last edited by rick8end on 02-25-17 at 11:06AM

02-25-17 11:52AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Oly M. Pics

The one thing that amazes me the most is, YOU were the fastest sperm.

I think the term is fastest swimmer in the pool??
Thanks for quoting M.I. I have him on ignore. I see he is still obsessed with me.

02-25-17 11:54AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose

^ I agree.

Sadly, there are some people in life who never grow out of the juvenile insecurity of needing to bash others in order to feel 'superior' themselves.
These types attract (and deserve) each other.

Their prolonged (perpetual?) adolescence is such that, almost humorously, they actually believe they are being 'cool'.
Such persons don't possess the maturity to realize that, in bashing others, and in 'piling on', they are simply revealing themselves as very flawed individuals.

Oh the hippo's crazy.

02-25-17 11:58AM
guido
Super Rockchucker

Manitoba simply outcurled Ont in the important shots. Shows you how little percentages prove. 83% for both teams. Make/miss the right shots and you win. for example, Rachel's 2 in 6. Missing the proper way means a lot also.

Last edited by guido on 02-25-17 at 01:15PM

02-25-17 04:28PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

Here comes the battle of Ontario tonight. Be warned. The original bad girls won't be very nice.

02-25-17 04:49PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Chelsea looks like a lonely skip with Amy spending little time at that end.

02-25-17 04:56PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Chelsea looks like a lonely skip with Amy spending little time at that end.

Amy seems not interested in this game or the whole thing.

02-25-17 05:06PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Commentators have lost interest to as the topic is NASCAR.

02-25-17 05:27PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I don't know. Doesn't seem like Rachel will lose 3 games in a row here. The losseswill only motivate that team more and they GE to start with hammer so things start on their terms. Nothing against Rachel but I'd just love to see a northern Ontario v.s Manitoba final. Guaranteed a first time winner and either way a great story.

02-25-17 06:12PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

FORGET THE DAMN BREATHING EXCERCISES

Both Homan & Miskew are going to have to raise their game

by 10 percentage points in order to win the next two games.

And they better bring along LADY LUCK because they will

probably need a few lucky ticks and rolls as well.

Otherwise, they're going to wake up watching the Worlds

on TV instead of carrying the Canadian flag.

02-25-17 06:27PM
GreatCanadian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GreatCanadian Click here to Send GreatCanadian a Private Message Find more posts by GreatCanadian Add GreatCanadian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GreatCanadian
Harvey Hacksmasher

You mean like when Pat Ryan blanked 9 ends and drew for the win with last rock in 10? BORING!! The free guard zone is absolutely necessary for curling, especially in this day of better ice, equipment, and curlers.

The team that's been playing the best HAS been winning consistently. That would be Manitoba.

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
the free guard zone for television has turned curling into a game often determined by uncalled shots - there was lots of luck before - with the 14 rocks in play a triple raise often determines an end - now a couple of high risk hail marys is more important than high percentages or calling the " correct " shot

rachels last raise that was wide by 6 inches and the yellow caromed in off a guard to take one was a total fluke - curious how much that shot was scored

i doubt 0 - which what it was

there is something wrong when the team that has played best cant win consistently ...

the ice was hard on the curlers this week too..

02-25-17 07:48PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
hey great?cdn.

i dont post so you can guess what i am thinking or posting - if i have an opinion i dont need you mis- interpreting and misanalyzing my post -responding with something that happened 40 years ago

make up your own stuff like an adult - block me and post on your own

So you'd prefer that people not engage in a discussion with you.

02-25-17 08:47PM
GreatCanadian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GreatCanadian Click here to Send GreatCanadian a Private Message Find more posts by GreatCanadian Add GreatCanadian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GreatCanadian
Harvey Hacksmasher

My apologies for not agreeing with you. I'll remember that the next time you post something that makes no sense.

02-25-17 08:59PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

looks like were gonna see yet another manitoba v.s ontario match..yay.

Last edited by misty1 on 02-25-17 at 09:03PM

02-25-17 09:16PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
looks like were gonna see yet another manitoba v.s ontario match..yay.

If Homan sticks to a slightly less aggressive game plan which she did tonight, it will be a great game. Granted, the way Manitoba played on Friday, it might be still good luck beating them.

02-26-17 01:17AM
guido
Super Rockchucker

Seems weird, but Amy Nixon just tweeted that she's hoping for McCarville the rest of the way.

02-26-17 02:06AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by guido
Seems weird, but Amy Nixon just tweeted that she's hoping for McCarville the rest of the way.

Uhh... yes - particularly weird, considering that Nixon's team is playing against the McCarville team in the bronze medal game...

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

02-26-17 02:30AM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

The Nixon tweet was 1 hour before the Semi-final. It's not weird at all.

02-26-17 02:40AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC
The Nixon tweet was 1 hour before the Semi-final. It's not weird at all.

Well, I saw the post which stated that Nixon had "just tweeted", and that post was put up here long after Homan had beaten McCarville in the semi-final game.
"Just" suggests very recent, and not 6 hours prior...

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

02-26-17 07:56AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by 5thstone

If Homan sticks to a slightly less aggressive game plan which she did tonight, it will be a great game. Granted, the way Manitoba played on Friday, it might be still good luck beating them.

i dont doubt it will be but its just a match we've already seen twice here so i was hoping someone else would make the final. plus, as i said earlier when we got to the playoffs i was pulling for northern ontario

now i will pull for manitoba 1000%. but..rachel losing 3 times in a row to them in the same tournament..i dont know.i dont remember that happening before. so odds probably favor rachel

and let me clarify, if rachel wins i'll be happy for her. this is not a rooting for anyone but rachel scenario. this is just about i really like krista and wanted to see her win. in manitoba's case i just think it would be the story of the year if michele, at the age of 53 wins her scotties title.