Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 6 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
10-20-13 04:39PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Heater and the Ducklings into the final. Was supposed to start an hour ago. No score yet. Might have started late but we need UPDATES!!

Gerry needs to drive to Stroud and give us updates. Inquiring minds NEED to know!!11!!!!1

JH
yes, duck calls at the US nationals was my idea.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-20-13 09:51PM
Gerry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

A lineup switch on Team McCormick spiked the 5 game winning streak, with Gemmell and Sather trading spots.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

10-20-13 10:19PM
pontchartrain is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pontchartrain Click here to Send pontchartrain a Private Message Find more posts by pontchartrain Add pontchartrain to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pontchartrain
Swing Artist

Erica's game was her to win or lose. She gave up 4 points in steals. Gone.

McCormick picked the weakest of 4 fields to go to. Wiped out in the final.

I really hope he is not the USA's great hope to get a men's team to the Olympics.

If so, not going to happen. There is a reason his team is in 68th place in the World OOM going into this game. And in 12th place among the US men's teams in the world OOM no less.

Their day is over.

Mark

My bad, 85th place in the World OOM, not 68th place going into this weekend. But still 12th among all USA men's teams. Will no doubt climb up after this weekend, but so what.

Last edited by pontchartrain on 10-20-13 at 10:32PM

10-21-13 04:53PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

I'm not so quick to discount Team Heater McCormick. The only thing they have consistently proved is that they are inconsistent...still...I've seen them be brilliant and dominate. Because they have a dynamic skip, it could be argued that they have the best chance on medaling in Sochi.

As for the field at The Qualifier in December: I don't see the French, Germans, Czechs, Kiwis, Koreans and Japanese doing much this year on the Men's side.

Pottinger is leading in the semifinal at Kamloops.

Again, Kamloops is showing the year's main trend: Women's cashspiel with most of the playoff qualifiers from outside of Canada. All four teams in the semifinals are from outside Canada.

Courtney George, Heater McCormick, Brady Clark and Allison Pottinger all cash the weekend and Face Shuster does absolutely awesome. Good weekend.

Ben Tucker

10-21-13 06:09PM
Gerry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
As for the field at The Qualifier in December: I don't see the French, Germans, Czechs, Kiwis, Koreans and Japanese doing much this year on the Men's side.

The Czech Men's team is a very strong favourite, and I believe after that it's 6 teams fighting for one other spot. At this point France, New Zealand and the USA who are tight for the last spot.

I don't think people here in North America really understand how good the Czechs have become. They've been a playoff team in the Europeans the last two years (winning Bronze last year) and finally had their first strong showing in the Worlds last year. They're the team to beat right now, which makes it good there's two spots available.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

10-21-13 07:39PM
Willy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Willy Click here to Send Willy a Private Message Find more posts by Willy Add Willy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Willy
Drawmaster

USA

USA USA USA

Last edited by Willy on 10-22-13 at 04:10AM

10-21-13 11:11PM
pontchartrain is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pontchartrain Click here to Send pontchartrain a Private Message Find more posts by pontchartrain Add pontchartrain to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pontchartrain
Swing Artist

Re: USA

quote:
Originally posted by Willy
Sorry bad Day..

Not for Allison.

She won.

As for Shuster and company, as I posted elsewhere, they beat the current world champions and then lost to the 2010 world champions, beat a young Swedish team and then lost conscecutive games to the 2011 and 2012 world champions. I wonder if any other teams this season have had to play 4 different world champions in a single competition.

A great run. I wouldn't count this as a bad competition for them. It was the most difficult of the weekend, and they ended up with the worst schedule. Except for the game against Kevin Koe, they looked good.

Mark

10-22-13 04:36AM
Willy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Willy Click here to Send Willy a Private Message Find more posts by Willy Add Willy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Willy
Drawmaster

Allison

1995 Mixed National Championship Semi-Finals, extra-end Team Morehouse uses free guard zone to profection, 3 guards in play spaced and lined up apprpriately. First vice rock for team Fraboni facing an almost sure steal for the home team( was in utica) Young Allison Darraugh throws peel, peels 1,2,3, stones and rolls her shooter out. Mike didn't say but sure he was thinking thanks for showing up!

Besides knowing Tuck thats my claim to fame... You go Girl!

By the way have it on tape.... pretty cool.. if you can be cool at 53....?

Last edited by Willy on 10-23-13 at 01:04AM

10-23-13 01:35AM
Willy
Drawmaster

Hand picked

McCormick throws skip rocks, Fenson vice ( like Ferbey can throw Da weight ) Clark in 2 hole and of course Shuster throws first 2 then controls Da house... Just saying..... Can you say Olympic Medal????

10-23-13 11:24AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

This week in tour action.

Team Clark at the Cactus Pheasant Classic, very good field.

Heater and the Ducklings head to Sarnia for a little fun before the trials. The revamped lineup stays in place.

All other teams that are playing are in Bemidji at the Bernick's Miller Lite Open. Field has both men's and women's teams competing in a single event.

JH
Quack Quack...getting tuned up for the trials

10-23-13 01:39PM
mr. lucky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr. lucky Find more posts by mr. lucky Add mr. lucky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mr. lucky
Hitting Paint

Re: Hand picked

quote:
Originally posted by Willy
McCormick throws skip rocks, Fenson vice ( like Ferbey can throw Da weight ) Clark in 2 hole and of course Shuster throws first 2 then controls Da house... Just saying..... Can you say Olympic Medal????

Let's hope that everyone has perfect draw weight so sweeping isn't needed

10-23-13 03:05PM
TonyBemidji is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TonyBemidji Click here to Send TonyBemidji a Private Message Find more posts by TonyBemidji Add TonyBemidji to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TonyBemidji
Knee-Slider

Bemidji - Bernick's Miller Lite Open

An FYI for anyone interested... We will be tinkering with a new camera/computer setup to stream this weekend's Bernick's Miller Lite Cashspiel in Bemidji. No link yet, but if you check out the website... http://bemidjicurling.org ... we will have something up by the time things get rolling.

10-23-13 03:20PM
MNIceman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MNIceman Click here to Send MNIceman a Private Message Visit MNIceman's homepage! Find more posts by MNIceman Add MNIceman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MNIceman
Hitting Paint

Re: Re: Hand picked

quote:
Originally posted by mr. lucky

Let's hope that everyone has perfect draw weight so sweeping isn't needed

Exactly! Good thing Willy isn't in charge

10-24-13 12:13PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Todd Birr won't make it to The Bernick's Miller Lite Open. Dislocated shoulder.

My spies tell me that the World Bronze Medal winning skip TRIPPED OVER A ROCK! I'll admit it...I laughed. That probably makes me evil.

To atone for my evil laughing, I will be spreading the rumor that it got dislocated during kinky sex. Sorry, BooBoo. I hope they keep you pleasantly high on good drugs for a couple of days.

Ben Tucker

10-24-13 01:57PM
mr. lucky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr. lucky Find more posts by mr. lucky Add mr. lucky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mr. lucky
Hitting Paint

Man, I hate those Workers Comp claims.

Hang in there Todd, those really hurt.

10-24-13 07:06PM
Willy
Drawmaster

Roto-cuff

Just had surgery Sept. 5th don't recommend it, Hope Todd is Ok.... Best of Luck My Friend..... Icing it as I type.....

10-24-13 10:34PM
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
To atone for my evil laughing, I will be spreading the rumor that it got dislocated during kinky sex. Sorry, BooBoo. I hope they keep you pleasantly high on good drugs for a couple of days.

Ben Tucker

What goes on at that Beet Farm of yours?

10-25-13 08:56AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Listen up, Gerrtzie...Regan dislocated BooBoo's shoulder during kinky sex. That's the story and we are sticking to it.

Now you go back to running the Czechoslovakian (thank you, spell check) Fan Club. They need you. Snitil had losing records at both the Baden Masters and the Swiss Cup. I haven't seen them playing in Canada. They will finish third in The Olympic Qualifier and not make it to Sochi.

I haven't seen any other Czech team cash in Europe or even play in Canada.

Ben Tucker

10-26-13 12:04AM
Willy
Drawmaster

Da Pros

Edin and Ulsrud looking good.. And Korea and China are starting to get scary good... Good old USA needs to step it up....

10-27-13 10:23AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Drove to Bemidji yesterday to watch a little curling. Somebody better get ahold of BooBoo Birr and warn him that Kevin Kakela is looking dang good. If BooBoo doesn't get back to his team soon, he might be down to fifth man. Tell Todd the story of Lou Gerhing and Wally Pip.

Brady was pretty good this weekend. Slam in BC next weekend. On the Men's side, it might be the weakest field in recent memory. Trying for a more international flavor, they excluded some awfully good Canadian rinks. It is fine on the Ladies' side as Canada has slipped back to the rest of the world.

Ben Tucker

10-27-13 01:54PM
SmokeyJoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SmokeyJoe Find more posts by SmokeyJoe Add SmokeyJoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SmokeyJoe
Hitting Paint

Some of the top Canadian teams missing from the Slam in Abbotsford are focused on the Canadian pre-trials that runs from Nov 5 to 10.

10-27-13 03:20PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

11 of the 16 teams are in the top 20 of the OOM. Four of these are going to the Olys - De Boer, Drozdov, Plys, Liu, Michel, Stjerne. All the Canadian teams are top 12. Hard to argue against including Edin, Ulsrud, Murdoch.

Want to make the field better, throw out NZ and US, include Jacobs(#2) and Gushue(#7). Not what the organizers wanted to do obviously.

So, my friend Tuck, I won't say you are wrong, just need a bit more study of the field.

JH
or you could be an idiot ;-)

10-28-13 02:55AM
SmokeyJoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SmokeyJoe Find more posts by SmokeyJoe Add SmokeyJoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SmokeyJoe
Hitting Paint

Jacobs (#2), Gushue (#7), Morris (#10), Kean (#11), Laycock (#14), Cochrane (#15), Frans (#16), and Menard (#18) are all playing in the pre-trials. They won't be playing in Abbotsford.

10-28-13 10:42AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

The Czech Men's team is a very strong favourite, and I believe after that it's 6 teams fighting for one other spot. At this point France, New Zealand and the USA who are tight for the last spot.

I don't think people here in North America really understand how good the Czechs have become. They've been a playoff team in the Europeans the last two years (winning Bronze last year) and finally had their first strong showing in the Worlds last year. They're the team to beat right now, which makes it good there's two spots available.

I agree, they're huge favorites right now. The czech republic as a whole is really becoming a very legitamte curling nation with a strong mens team in snitil and a very good jr team skipped by hajkova that could develop into a very strong womens team

10-28-13 08:33PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

I agree that the Czechs are coming on strong...especially the Junior Girls team...and that they had a good run last year.

Still, I can't find where they have done anything good this year. I'll pick them to finish behind the US team at the Qualifier. My early prediction of finish (subject to change before Dec. 1st) will be 1. USA 2. Japan 3. Czechs.

Sorry, buy you can't sit in Prague all September, October and November and then expect to win a spot in Sochi. They have few tour events completed this year so far and bad results in those few.

I could be wrong, but I really hope that I am right. Zinging Gerry and Misty in one fell swoop would be like BAZZINGA.

Ben Tucker
PS Also have Breeders Cup horse picks if you are foolish enough to throw your money away