Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 3 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-24-14 04:17PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by ObsessiveCurler
Great News Canadians

TSN5 will be broadcasting the Euros starting on Wednesday

wed.26 1-4pm mens draw 9
thu.27 1-4pm playoffs
fri.28 1-4pm semis
sat.29 6am womens final 9am mens final

YAY!!

I'll check again later. Right now my TSN5 says "to be announced". But thanks for the heads up.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-24-14 04:56PM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Drawmaster

http://www.tsn.ca/curling

11-25-14 04:05AM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
i think what might be the biggest surprise here so far is denmark. yes stjerne can be up and down but to actually be in sanger is relegation..i didnt see that coming. and its not really like denmark is a team you would guarantee would get back right away either

The men's relegation situation is very interesting. Of the teams that would seem to have been in contention for relegation, only Latvia seems likely to go down. Italy, Germany and Russia already have 3 wins which might be enough on its own to avoid relegation. Denmark seems to be a favourite to be relegated at this point, which seems crazy. I wonder when was the last time they were in B.

11-25-14 08:23AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

look at who's left for all those 3-3 and lower teams

denmark - czech republic, italy, switzerland

germany - switzerland, sweden, norway

scotland - russia, sweden and italy

latvia - italy, switzerland and russia

russia - scotland, czech republic and latvia

czech republic - denmark, russia and norway

switzerland - germany, latvia and denmark

so this is how i think they'll finish:

switzerland 5-4
scotland 4-5
russia 4-5
czech republic 3-6
germany 3-6
denmark 3-6
latvia 1-8

this means that denmark and latvia will be relegated and germany, by consequence of losing to the czech republic will have to play the world group play off, which they should win

now denmark could finish 4-5 which would mean that latvia and germany are relegated and czech republic plays the world group play off

germany will really rue only being able to finish 3-3 in their winnable matches i think. unless they can pull off a huge upset in one of their remaining games

11-25-14 08:25AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

womens side its a bit easier to predict. looking like czech republic, latvia and estonia will fight to avoid relegation and play for 8th. i have to say its a pleasant surprise since i assume germany would be doing that

finland also beginning their downward spiral with losses to sweden and denmark

scotland havent been themselves though

Last edited by misty1 on 11-25-14 at 08:30AM

11-25-14 08:28AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by peteski

The men's relegation situation is very interesting. Of the teams that would seem to have been in contention for relegation, only Latvia seems likely to go down. Italy, Germany and Russia already have 3 wins which might be enough on its own to avoid relegation. Denmark seems to be a favourite to be relegated at this point, which seems crazy. I wonder when was the last time they were in B.

italy has actually been very good. they lost a game to russia they had a shot to win. they should be 5-1 right now.

11-25-14 08:33AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

evidence to my scotland being off comment..they were up 3 against estonia and failed to close it out and will now go an extra. eve missed a double and anna missed a peel

11-25-14 08:53AM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:
evidence to my scotland being off comment..they were up 3 against estonia and failed to close it out and will now go an extra. eve missed a double and anna missed a peel

And in the extra, Eve misses an open draw to the 4 foot to lose the game to the Estonians 9-8

11-25-14 09:00AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

And in the extra, Eve misses an open draw to the 4 foot to lose the game to the Estonians 9-8

yep. truly a shocking loss..up 3 and gave 4..WOW

11-25-14 09:05AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

the czech republic/denmark game is huge for germany. they are likely finishing 3-6 now. if the czech republic defeats denmark that means they are guaranteed no lower than 8th by virtue of the win over denmark in the round robin since the best denmark could do is 3-6

11-25-14 12:30PM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

Who are these Italians?

BTW-looking at the Women's "B" Pool. Is it time for Dordi to launch her comeback or what!!!???

Last edited by Jimbobogie on 11-25-14 at 12:41PM

11-25-14 12:32PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

well our 2 teams being relegated have been all but confirmed. with denmark losing to the czech republic the best they can do is 3-6 and having lost to germany and the czech republic in the round robin even if they finish 3-6 they will rank below the germans and czechs

im sure someone will correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure thats how it works

Last edited by misty1 on 11-25-14 at 12:34PM

11-25-14 12:33PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbobogie
Who are these Italians?

italians are a very good young team. they repped italy at the last 2 world juniors and lost to switzerland in a tiebreaker last year.

thought they could be dangerous but lacked experience. appears though that bringing on the experience of joel retornaz has worked really well for them

11-25-14 12:37PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

denmark

since this format came into practice for the euros denmark has never been out of group A

this will sting

and i dont think anyone saw this coming

Last edited by misty1 on 11-25-14 at 12:47PM

11-25-14 12:42PM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

Is it time for Dordi Nordby to come out of retirement or what!
Same for Markku Uusipaavalniemi!

Last edited by Jimbobogie on 11-25-14 at 01:02PM

11-25-14 12:46PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

germany, scotland and czech republic are now battling to determine who finishes 8th and has to play the world group playoff. i thik it will be germany but with the remaining schedules all 3 have they could all end up 3-6 and in that case i dont know since they are all 1-1 with each other.

how would that work if they all ended up 3-6, who would finish 8th? if its draw shot challenge germany would be clear..think it would be scotland

11-25-14 02:53PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

I could be wrong, but I believe they use tiebreakers to decide 8th place either way. It is rather important.

11-25-14 03:00PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
I could be wrong, but I believe they use tiebreakers to decide 8th place either way. It is rather important.

but am i right in assuming though that denmark and latvia are now relegated no matter what?

you and gerry generally know the rules of these things better than i do

11-25-14 03:28PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Did they implement the new TB rule for the Euros? Only one TB for WCF events, teams can be eliminated by DSC.

11-25-14 04:51PM
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by jhcurl
Did they implement the new TB rule for the Euros? Only one TB for WCF events, teams can be eliminated by DSC.

Hmmm... Good question. Probably, but I don't know if that applies to tiebreaks to decide relegation. Perhaps we'll find out.

11-25-14 05:06PM
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:

but am i right in assuming though that denmark and latvia are now relegated no matter what?

you and gerry generally know the rules of these things better than i do

I don't think they are relegated no matter what. If they won both their games and one of the 3-4 teams lost both of theirs, I think there would be a tiebreaker. Given how Denmark and Latvia are playing though, this does not seem very likely.

Has to be a tough pill, particularly for Denmark, who have not been out of A group or missed a World Championship in quite a while. I think this puts them behind the 8 ball a bit for qualifying directly for the Olympics too. This year may count for points, I'm not sure, but getting to next year's Worlds is tough too, having to win B then win the challenge. I'll be rooting for them.

11-25-14 05:27PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

I don't think they are relegated no matter what. If they won both their games and one of the 3-4 teams lost both of theirs, I think there would be a tiebreaker. Given how Denmark and Latvia are playing though, this does not seem very likely.

Has to be a tough pill, particularly for Denmark, who have not been out of A group or missed a World Championship in quite a while. I think this puts them behind the 8 ball a bit for qualifying directly for the Olympics too. This year may count for points, I'm not sure, but getting to next year's Worlds is tough too, having to win B then win the challenge. I'll be rooting for them.

yeah, as i have been saying its going to be a hard pill to swallow if it happens especially for this danish team themselves. just a couple years ago they were medalists and when they made their debut they got silver medals.

I looked on the WCF website and no its not an olympic qualification year . they now only count the points totals from the 2 years before the olympics. so the olympic qualification years will be 2016 and 2017. however it would still put denmark's participation into serious question because it would take 1 year at least to get back and as you said its not easy because they have to win B and win the world challenge and B is getting tougher every year. They might have to rely on getting from the qualification event

i did a little research into the rules and i had to look back to 2009 to find this same situation where 2 teams were tied and facing relegation. there will indeed be a tiebreaker in that scenario so i guess germany has to hope denmark loses at least once tomorrow otherwise they will be the ones playing that game..unless they pull of a massive upset and beat norway or sweden

11-26-14 07:52AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

okay no now its official. Denmark and latvia will be relegated

11-26-14 07:59AM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

Soo many surprises this year I can't keep up!
I never would have thought Rasmus Stjerne would play so badly without Johnny by his side, he's way more talented than his 1-7 record.

11-26-14 08:18AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Soo many surprises this year I can't keep up!
I never would have thought Rasmus Stjerne would play so badly without Johnny by his side, he's way more talented than his 1-7 record.

yeah, i know and its not like this team is new. this team is only 1 guy different than the one he won the euro silver with and his world junior title with.

scotland could have to play that world group playoff as well